Cobhmas Asuquo on his Wife: “She’s My Pillar & Strength”

Posted on Friday, January 24th, 2014 at 12:06 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Cobhmas Asuquo's 33rd Birthday Party - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 027

You probably teared up when Cobhmas Asuquo and his sweetheart Ojuola Olukanni tied the knot in December 2010…well at least we know a couple of people who did.

The Nigerian singer and producer recently had an interview with Encomium Magazine. It was all about family, success and music for the visually impaired prolific entertainer who just had an intimate celebration for his 33rd. (click here to see)

After reading the full interview, we couldn’t help but get a bit emotional when he talked about his wife. The couple have a son.
Read Excerpts below;
On Ojuola: “My wife is a pillar. In a lot of ways, she is my strength. She is a very strong and wise woman. She is from an amazing family; she is an absolutely supportive person. She and I have been friends for many years, without knowing that that friendship would lead to marriage. Apart from taking care of the home front, she has contributed to the success of my career. She is a passionate person who knows how to drive me to success. I feel so fortunate, so lucky to have someone like her as my companion.”

On when he’ll have a second child: “When you talk about children, nobody goes around to announce when he is going to have his next child. You don’t live life under that kind of pressure. I think, for me, the most important thing is that I am living a good life, and at least, as a starter, I even have a child. You know what that means. There are many people looking for children, and God gives to them at His appointed time. I believe there is abundance of children in heaven, but God gives them out at His appointed time. So, whatever anyone sees now, let them just take it. I think God is answering the prayers of our heart, whether we have a second child or not.”

On how he recognizes his son: “Of course, you would know. I don’t think you need to be a scientist before you know. Although, I won’t bring science into it, because I may not have facts to support anything that I say in that direction. You will definitely feel it, whether you see or not. I don’t really know how to explain it, but you would know. I don’t think everything about life could be explained, some things are just what they are. They are mysteries of life. As far as I am concerned, I know when my child comes around, and I don’t think that’s difficult for me.”

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 17 Comments on “Cobhmas Asuquo on his Wife: “She’s My Pillar & Strength””

Comments
    • Hurperyearmie January 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM

God bless you and you family

• Sexxie January 24, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Sweeeeeeeet!

• Amaka January 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM

“They are mysteries of life” indeed! I m happy for them.

• choco January 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

God bless you

• Iyke January 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM

And to also add …’MY PEACE’. That’s all that a brother needs.

• Xtsy January 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM

The remaining senses become much sharper than the average, thats how you know

• Poison Ivy January 24, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Wow…….,she lacks that feminine & soft touch(almost like a dude)it’s really good he found love.We have hope.

• sigh January 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

how do u know she lacks that feminine touch? aproko. Has she touched u?

can one imagine if he had to stroke weave tracks or wig caps. would be so scary lol

• Technicallynigerian January 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM

hahahahahaha chineke you r funny ooo. @”has she touched
          you? ” i just died

• tomi January 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM

this is such an ignorant comment…so because she lacks a “feminine” touch, she isn’t entitled to love? girl please take ten seats across the hall and sip on some hate juice

• truetalk January 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM

ignorance is honestly not bliss, just because you arent happy doesnt mean you need to spread your unhappiness to others…please go to a corner and pray for your angry soul

that being said, ojuola and cobhams are an inspirational couple, God continue to bless you and your families :-)

• D'Mamma January 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Dear Poison
        U don’t have to run people down just to feel good about yourself. Heaven knows you really need to ‘have hope’ because beauty on the outside can only complement the inner.

• idoublecrossmyheart January 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM

What is femininity to you? You know femininity is beyond what media tells you. You think the likes of KimK possesses femininity? Then you are mistaken. Wearing tight clothes, light skin, weaved hair does not a feminine woman make.

• cj January 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Cobhams..I rem.wen u were a guest @ a chrch fellowhip program in uniport durin ma undergraduate days..Wen u sang,I found it so strange dat I cried..I cried cos it was so emotional 4 m 2 put a face 2 ur person..God bless ur family co
      u’r indeed an inspiratn 2 an already tired naija youth!!

• Dee-USA January 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I’m still trying to wrap my thoughts around the idea that he was asked how he recognizes his son. What do you expect him to say? That he doesn’t? That his wife may as well get impregnated by anyone out there and he wouldn’t know? The insensitivity of today’s Nigerian journalist is an embarrassment. The ridiculousness behind their poor ethics and terrible interviewing skills is worse.

• NNENNE January 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM

May God continue to guide and protect your family.

• Ernie January 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM

@Dee-usa, u are right. I thot I was d only one who noticed that dumb, stupid and insensitive question. Seriously, why would u ask a father if he recognizes his child.