Munachi Abii says there is “No Truth” to Dating Peter Okoye

Munachi Abii LUX - May 2011 - BellaNaija Exclusive 002

Former beauty queen Munachi Abii is making a name for herself as a femcee and songstress on the rise. She recently had a chat with Punch on the world according to Muna.

Muna also sets the records straight on those Peter Okoye of P-Square dating rumours.

Read excerpts from the interview; On dating Peter Okoye and an 18-year old boy, she keeps her answer simple “All those stories are not true.” but revealed that she is now in a relationship.

“Yes, I’m super emotional. I love love, but I’ve always been afraid of love. But this time, I decided to let go. I haven’t looked back since.” she gushes.

On where the dating rumours emanate from and how her beau is handling it: “You tell me? You are in the media. You know how people make up stories to sell or become famous. There are no issues for him to even consider handling.”

On the one guy she won’t forget: “Well, as much as I would like to remember some, I’ve got what you may call selective amnesia; so it’s all forgotten. I’m actually telling you the truth. The reason why it is in the past is because it didn’t work out and it must have hurt me. If it did, I’d forget it. I have forced myself to forget things to the point where I don’t remember things anymore.”

On rapping instead of singing: “How does a rapper look? If we were to go by looks, there would be no Eminem, no white rappers and certainly no female rappers. Secondly, I’m not one to do what people expect of me. I make my own rules and what seems natural to me, I do. Singing is also natural to me and I never ruled it out. Rap was the form of expression that came natural to me first.”

On criticism for switching from a beauty queen to a rapper: “Well, not necessarily criticism, just shock and disbelief. I kept getting asked why I was rapping instead of singing. My parents supported me all the way. I made it clear that I was a recording artist before my reign and I had worked with a few known artistes just before my reign. So I didn’t just wake up and decide.”

To read more, click here

11 Comments on Munachi Abii says there is “No Truth” to Dating Peter Okoye
  • Mademoiselle January 27, 2014 at 12:25 am

No one curr! She’s been setting this record since, why can’t people just let it/her be?? Mschew

• Anon January 27, 2014 at 1:13 am

We have heard. Okay was it with Paul? LOL!

• Felinda1 January 27, 2014 at 3:10 am

Nobody cares about you airhead, wtf revive this stupid rumour. Mschewwwwwww. I cant look at girl the same since she said her whoke gosl in life is to be a rapper. Pretty for nothing. Thats what the world has been left with simply b asic pretty faces and nothing elseup there

• Troll January 27, 2014 at 8:47 am

It’s funny that YOU are calling someone an airhead. Go back to school!

• RoseGold January 27, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Men dont just want a pretty face lately, They want a smart woman with real goals. This one na pretty face only, kinda like a blond air head just like the previous commenter said, Its no hating, its just pointing out fact. Give a man Lupita vs Munachi (b4 she became an IT girl) and the man will choose the smart one – Lupita.

• chinny January 27, 2014 at 9:18 am

really you are jealous of this girl, whats with this hateful comment.

• nene January 27, 2014 at 9:53 am

lol. i don’t know why people dislike munachi abii so much. she always seems like a nice person in pictures. but i heard she actually dated (or whatever you wanna call it) the 2 brothers. a lot of beautiful women these days have tons of issues, it’s soo sad.

• CarliforniaBawlar January 27, 2014 at 6:59 pm

She is not a nice person. She is actually very rude, immature and conceited. Just Youtube her interviews.
        Now maybe just maybe she has grown up and developed a better personality within the past year is what I don”t know…

• mimi January 27, 2014 at 10:24 am

Go girl,so proud of you all the way from ph…we’ve got your back

• Elsa January 27, 2014 at 12:03 pm

It’s her life….. She dated them…. Dating them whatever peopleeeee…….

• Cool cat January 27, 2014 at 3:04 pm

This dating peter gist came out years ago. Does it mean she hasn’t done anything significant enough for people to forget about it or do Nigerians just like to hold on to old gist?