Fuji Star Obesere arrested for alleged Rape, Victim shares Traumatic Experience

Obesere - March 2014 - BellaNaija

Abass Akande Obesere, the Nigerian Fuji star has been arrested by local authorities for allegedly raping 29-year old Olanike Olaiya in Okota, Lagos.

The business woman who reported the case to police officers, explained the unfortunate incident.
“I got to know Obesere through one of my friends, Mrs Bola Okoro. She told me that Obesere would assist me in my business.

I deal in office equipment and when I contacted Obesere, he asked me to meet him in his family house at Okota. When I met him, I introduced my business to him and he promised to connect me to some of his friends in Dubai who would sell goods to me on credit.

I thought he was a responsible man and I decided to sleep over, but at the dead of the night, he came into the room where I slept and pounced on me.

He raped me and afterwards inserted a ring he wore into my private part and I started bleeding. He hurriedly left me in the room saying he had an appointment to fulfil.

I could not bear the trauma and the bleeding and I reported the matter to the police.” Olanike shared

Obesere was arrested last Wednesday but was later released on bail. On Monday, he was arrested again after a medical examination revealed Olanike was raped.

The Fuji star claims they are lovers and had sexual intercourse when she visited him.

A source also reveals he told her to visit a private hospital for treatment when she told him she was bleeding but shocked that she reported the case to the police as rape.

Vanguard was first to report the news.

80 Comments on Fuji Star Obesere arrested for alleged Rape, Victim shares Traumatic Experience
  • Mills and Boons March 5, 2014 at 10:13 am

Ewoo!!!! jazz tinz

• Marc Francis of Chelsea March 5, 2014 at 10:14 am

What a tacky man. He wanted to use her for rituals. How did he hold her down to put a ring in her snatch after the fact though?

• Hurperyearmie March 5, 2014 at 10:17 am

Hmmmmmmm Nigeria I hail thee

• Annie March 5, 2014 at 10:21 am

scary tinz…a ring inserted in the vayjay..

• kemmy March 5, 2014 at 10:25 am

One has to be very careful in dis life, she seen wot she is looking for. Not everything dats gilter is gold

• NIRA March 5, 2014 at 10:35 am

Please what do you mean by ‘ she has soon what she’s looking for’?? She was looking to get raped???? I hope you or your loved one gets raped, so you’ll say the same to them!!

• Annie March 5, 2014 at 4:33 pm

hehehhehe, pls vex not and wish her same….its not worth it, wondered too why she would make a comment like that….rape/abuse isn’t somethings one walks into with eyes wide open..vex not with the foolishness in her comment..

• Truelines March 5, 2014 at 10:36 am

Is it that you cant read? or that you cannot reason out what you have read?

• Troll March 5, 2014 at 10:40 am

You’re just a screaming ninny. HOW THE FUCK DID SHE SEE WHAT SHE WAS LOOKING? DID SHE ASK TO BE RAPED? OR A MAN CAN’T HELP A WOMAN AGAIN WITHOUT ASKING FOR HELP? I want you to explain how she deserves what happened to you.

• Blessmyheart March 5, 2014 at 11:28 am

Here we go again, blaming the victim. DO you even reason? She went to his family home o. To seek for assistance. Is that wrong? She definitely did not seek to be raped.

• Annie March 5, 2014 at 4:31 pm

haba babe, what she is looking for? how is she to know the man planned to handle her that way? biko kwa

• NIRA March 5, 2014 at 10:36 am

*seen… Typo

• DJ STELCH March 5, 2014 at 10:37 am

EKPARODE, Wetin You Find Go Him House For Night Knowing Fully Well He’s A MARRIED MAN with Kids.. Abegi make i hear word He’s Innocent Untill Proven Guilty!! #RUBISH!!

• Troll March 5, 2014 at 11:04 am

You’re just a bloody cunt. A single man can visit a married woman’s house but a woman can’t visit a married man’s house, right?…if she’s does, she’s allowed to be raped. Is that what you’re trying to say? Well, Listen up, NO is NO. Whether she de your house or nah, her NO is NO.

• Emy March 5, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Seriously Bella Naija was so much fun, reading reasonable comments from mature minds in the past. Now, we have children dropping irrelevant comments and abusing one another. You guys should go back to Linda Ikeji mbok and stay there.

• e-bukun March 5, 2014 at 4:14 pm

So everyone that is married and has kids is a rapist? I’m suspecting you now, should I send them for your arrest? Seeing that you are a potential perpetrator. Olodo! Such ignorant comments.

• Wengeruu March 5, 2014 at 10:58 am

Sleeping over in a man’s house ure meeting for the first time doesn’t make sense to me

• Bleed Blue March 5, 2014 at 12:35 pm

And rape under ANY rcircumstance, doesn’t make sense to me.

• Bleed Blue March 5, 2014 at 12:57 pm

And your comment doesn’t make sense to me. You are very shallow!

• L’afrique March 6, 2014 at 4:55 am

Who is this lunatic using other people’s user names and blindly defending obesere? So bleed blue saying rape doesn’t make sense means she’s shallow? Olanike or whichever of the names you call yourself, you need help and you need it FAST!

• @Lafrique March 6, 2014 at 11:33 am

Lafrique, it takes a lunatic to identify one. Your entire family and generation are Lunats.

• Bleed Blue March 6, 2014 at 1:12 pm

LOL! Oh my goodness who is this person oh please BN?! I was first of all alarmed when I saw someone else using my user name until I realised it’s his/her modus operandi. Hilarious person really… :)

• Hannah March 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm

@Wengeruu, SO MUST HE RAPE HER?????? dont be stupid. what a dumb comment.

• Susan March 5, 2014 at 10:58 am

BN, I’m sure you know it’s a lot more reasonable to have her name withheld. Just because other blogs are putting the victim’s name doesn’t necessarily mean you should. Rape victims suffer enough psychologically, then having them easily identified by the general public because of their names is just too much.

• Blessmyheart March 5, 2014 at 11:04 am

I just hope this case is well investigated and prosecuted fully, and not swept under the carpet. That ring matter scares me too. Juju things. I pray the whole truth comes to light soon.

• tito March 5, 2014 at 11:05 am

Kemi how dare you say she has seen what she’s looking for ? I can’t get why women bring others down. By the way you might wanna brush up on your English. Try “Queen’s Primer 1″

• anonymous March 6, 2014 at 9:58 am

MAMA teacher teach us more, we are talking abt serious issue you are busy looking out for errors am sure you r under AGE.

• FunkyW March 5, 2014 at 11:08 am

If you can ask what she was looking for then you can tell us why she should be raped and tell us if you will rape (or if you have raped) a lady simply because she has come to your house.

• lAi lai March 5, 2014 at 11:12 am

 don’t tin d gal is saying d truth

• http://www.karosstoryblog.blogspot.com March 5, 2014 at 11:23 am

My father always said to me as his only daughter, “don’t expect help from a man you don’t know because you become indebted and pay in kind.” In this case, the he goat hasn’t even helped the poor girl and he already raped her. I just hope that ring he inserted is not for juju. As for those saying it serves her right, I will pardon you and pray for you never to experience rape. It is dehumanising.

• http://www.karosstoryblog.blogspot.com March 5, 2014 at 11:24 am

Let’s hope she gets over the trauma by God’s grace.

karosstoryblog.blogspot.nl/?m=1

• @edDREAMZ March 5, 2014 at 11:36 am

This mama is lying big tym….. Attention seeker….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Ada March 5, 2014 at 12:57 pm

You’re level of illiteracy and daftness knows no bounds….

• chica dim March 5, 2014 at 11:39 am

i am totally against wat he did but y should sleep over at his place after thier first meetin?? and she also mentioned dat he even approached her for sex b4 the said rape dat occured lata?? women should pls b smart!!!

• AW March 5, 2014 at 11:59 am

Yous gotta be kidding me! The human mind is full of deceit and wickedness! When will people (especially men) stop demanding sex in exchange for helping someone out. Na food?!

• Olanike March 5, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Olanike, the truth is that you were a party to it.

1. You want to go meet someone for an appointment, must it be in the night?

2. If he says come 8-9pm, cant you reschedule it or say tomorrow?

3. If he insists, why cant you tell him to forget it.

4. Lets forget those ones, you going to see someone at night, that your friend who introduced you couldnt go with you or someone else?

5. Lagos aint so bad that you cant go out no matter how late. People still return to their house late from work.

From all the above, i suspect that you cried out just because he inserted a ring inside you. You are afraid of what will happen to you. if the ring wasnt inserted, it would have been business as usual

• Ife Love March 5, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Hey! Lagos is not such that you can move at anytime without a car. I for one hate been about town at night esp when I’m not mobile. Been mugged twice to and fro work and once I close late, I don’t bother heading home, I make other arrangements ie hotel or a friends house.
      Plus she may have seen him as a respectable man who wouldn’t do such. Some men ask but don’t take forcefully. But whichever the case was, vouching for a man is absolutely bullocks because even friends turn in each other.

• @ife love March 5, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Ife love, you defending someone who acted foolishly? In your own words, “once I close late, I don’t bother heading home, I make other arrangements ie hotel or a friends house.”, you are wise and you would make “alternative preparation.

Answer my questions dear,
        1. Would you go see a stranger at night?
        2. Night appointment like 8-9pm still ok kinda, would you go visit at a time that you cant go back home again? that presupposes 10,11pm?
        3. If it is compulsory you go see a stranger at night (a matter of life and death), would you go alone?
        4. Assuming you now go alone cos you are a loner and dont have anyone around you to see you off, would you sleep over?
        4. The rape would have been averted if she had left after he first demanded. If you were in her shoes, a stranger asked you to sleep with him, you declined and you still went ahead to sleep over. Give me 100 reasons why i shouldn’t send you back to kindergarten school, give you 21 lashes of boko haram cane and make you eat kulikuli and garri for 21 days?

• lafunky March 5, 2014 at 12:14 pm

When someone is raped, the focus should be on questioning the perpetrator and offering support to the victim. I’m extremely shocked in regards to some of the comments above.

• lafunky March 5, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Ode ni e Funke. If someone claims rape, you wont verify if its true or not? You wont verify if it was consensual but twisted by the said victim for some gains? I’m extremely shocked by your comment and you went to school. No logical reasoning kobo.

• Blessmyheart March 5, 2014 at 3:27 pm

You do realize that you’re supposed to use your personalized name and not the name of the person you’re replying, right? And I suspect you’re related to Obesere because there’s no other explanation for your *insert word here* comments

• A.K March 5, 2014 at 12:21 pm

well, from what we have here she made a terrible mistake by going to the man’s for the first time alone, having a business meeting in his house, staying till late hour of the night ,sleeping over and not locking up the room door. Haven’t said that, I’m afraid she doesn’t really having a case here…. too many mistake from her end. I’m not blaming her for what happened but as it is now, the story will be changed and will be judged in favor of the guy. A rapist will always know how to manipulate things.
    I pray God gives her the grace to go through all this.
    i wish her the best.

• Amh March 5, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I don’t condone rape, but she should not have gone to his house alone. Probably with a male partner would have been appropriate considering the fact that she alleged he had asked for sexual favors before.sleeping in his house puts her at risk and also what manner of business is conveyed at night at his house. I pray justice is served.rape is a serious crime,I hope the case gets justice. Rapist are monsters that deserved to be jailed.

• Omo1 March 5, 2014 at 12:49 pm

” ..After the discussion, he started demanding for sex and I refused and when I wanted to leave, he insisted I should sleep over in his house because it was late and he claimed that it was dangerous to go out late in the night in his area..I thought he was a responsible man and I decided to sleep over…”
    Someone that would demand for sex in the first place in exchange for a business deal is NOT a responsible man! Okota is a busy place and there is no way one couldn’t have gotten a cab. Lesson: Sometimes we just might be able to avoid falling into certain situation..

I’m not surprised, only God knows how many of such he might have gotten away with

• ‘Lapeju March 5, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Thank you for this comment. Because RAPE is a very sensitive issue and we all get touchy about it doesn’t mean that a 29year old won’t apply common sense when needed. There’s more to this story

• piro March 5, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I KNOW EVRYTHING CONCERNING WHAT IS HAPPENING BTW PAPA AND OLA.
    YOU SEE, WEN U ARE STAR SOME PPL WILL BE LOOKING FOR WAY TO BLACKMAIL.
    DIS STUPID OLA MAKING THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO BELIEVE THERE IS NOTHING BTW BOTH OF THEM BFOR ABI?. WELL, SOONER U ALL COMMENTATOR WILL SEE TRUTH SOON.

• justsaying March 5, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I sympathise with her and I hope that the truth comes to light.But women can sometimes jeopardise themselves.You came for a ‘business meeting’ and stayed out so late that you couldn’t go home???And he demanded for sex initially and you turned him down but proceeded to sleep in the house of the same man that was making sexual advances at you? Dont you think that’s counterintuitive.The first thing anyone does when someone you makes unwanted sexual advances is to go as far away from the person as possible and you stayed back.I believe he may have raped you but you were not smart about it you lead yourself into this trap .
    Do you think she would have reported if he didn’t put the ring up there? #Random thought

• Blessmyheart March 5, 2014 at 3:31 pm

But there’s medical evidence of the rape so it’s not just her word against his. I do wonder though why she would sleep over at a man’s house after he had asked for sex.

• I dey here March 5, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Hmmm na wa o. All these celebrities, I fear o. If we know what they do in secret,we will not envy them at all. This case should be treated according to the law of he land. Haba!

• Baby March 5, 2014 at 2:04 pm

shes such a stupid woman. How can she stay in somones house till mid-night. Onisekuse

• MoD March 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm

@ anonymous… more like his word against hers!! I DO NOT CONDONE RAPE….but common! How can you proceed to sleepover in the house of a man that had previously initiated sexual advances? Are you a learner? He ‘claimed’ that his area was dangerous at night…Did you not know that it was already late when you got there? I feel sorry for you cos what happened was totally unnecessary but my dear, you somewhat contributed to it.

PS: And before you all crucify me, please answer me one question. How many of you ladies here will sleep over in a man’s house when you’ve initially refused him sex?

• True talk March 5, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I believe they are Lovers. There is more to the story.

• Marc Francis of Chelsea March 5, 2014 at 3:31 pm

So refusing someone sex and then sleeping in ONE OF THE ROOMS in their BIG ASS HOUSE means that they MUST come in and RAPE you? I can’t deal!

• anonymous March 6, 2014 at 9:51 am

what we are saying is that it dosent describe or write a good story about you if you go to meet someone for the first time and after discussion he ask for sex you refused and still foolishly spend a night there.’YES IT IS WRONG .

• Wittian March 5, 2014 at 2:55 pm

i hope we all realise that it is not a “kind’ of girl that gets raped. It is a “kind” of man who rapes. This kind of man; he’ll even rape a toddler if the circumstances are right for him. She could have very well been his lover, but consent with-held turns an otherwise okay act into what the law must severely deal with. The circumstances surrounding this alleged incident, however unsatisfactory and pointer to carelessness on her own part; NO ONE DESERVES TO BE RAPED. Do not justify this. I hope the police will do their job and prosecute him if found to be true.

• True talk March 5, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Hmmmmm, collect goods on credit
    Late night meeting
    Previous sexual advance
    RAPE
    RING
    BLEEDING
    POLICE

• john22 March 5, 2014 at 3:02 pm

this lady’s story doesn’t really conform ….

• choco March 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Please, they should give this OLANIKE cold water and comfortable chair, let her read this her write-up again….then they should ask her if it makes sense. You got served!
    – First meeting, in his house
    – Sexual attempt, you dusted your shoulder and balanced there
    – Agreed to sleep over, because na fly you fly come the house when e be say to comot dey hard you
    – He raped you and inserted a ring…..please were you bound or drugged or jazzed?????????????

• nene March 5, 2014 at 3:21 pm

ring kwa? inside vagina kwa? ife na eme! maybe they were truly lovers but she got upset or scared when he put the ring inside. tufia. i’m not even going to take sides because we’ve not heard the last of this case.

• Dee March 5, 2014 at 3:26 pm

the guy is a useless man, how can someone come to you for help and you are demanding for sex she refused and u rape her, what did you gain for doing that for the poor girl? only God knows how many of such he might have gotten away with.

Reply Link

• Hannah March 5, 2014 at 6:46 pm

@DEE, Please help me ask them ooo? He is a wicked man and will be punished he his act.

• ennn March 5, 2014 at 4:20 pm

How come all you nay-sayers are ignoring the line that says ” he was arrested again after a medical examination revealed Olanike was raped”?
    Or medical personnel are party to this “so-called concocted story” like you claim. I really pray for females in Nigeria…God have mercy.

• Anna March 5, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Rape can not be justified even if they were lovers but that doesn’t mean that we women cannot prevent such from happening. Madam could have prevented this by not going alone to his house at night. Worse off, sleeping over even after he demanded sex. What kind of responsible is she talking about. I hope she gets justice.we ladies must really learn…

• ufuoma akusu March 5, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Yawns!!!i feel sorry for that lady,ill be back soon.

• Mystique March 5, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Am not gona take sides. The truth is yet to be known and besides, there’s more to this story. Agbo ejo enikan da.. Agba osika ni.

• Dee March 5, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Err, she slept over?

• underdog March 5, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I’m sorry but i’m not condoning rape but how on earth do you go to meet a man for the first time for a business meeting, he demand sex then you end up spending the night in his house (you just met him). Being stuck in Alaska during an ice storm or trying to get laid i.e. one night stand are justifiable reasons. Stuff happens then you scream rape. Unfortunately there is no punishment for stupidity but I she very well knew what she was doing. Maybe she would have given it up when the business connections went through and so he gets to pay for a crime against humanity and impatience :). Let the daggers come out now from the irrational bella naijarians.

• esther March 5, 2014 at 9:46 pm

anyone who has never experienced rape should not talk about.just as you cant talk about love if you’ve never felt it you cant also talk about rape if you have never been raped before. i was raped when i was in jss3 in a girls hostel. it was in the middle of the night and i woke up to a very strong hand covering my mouth. it was a lotta pain and the pain is still with me till today. also i cant explain how nobody woke up to save me in a room full of 15 other sleeping girls and and an hostel that had 200 occupants.nobody woke up till they did what they did and left.they wore masks and i have no idea of who they are till today.i cried till the next morning and told nobody about it. i still blame myself for going to bed in just a singlet top and pant that night. and i am sure if i had told u my story, some of you would have blamed me for going to bed in just a singlet top and panties. its been so many years now and i am quite grown but i will never make the mistake of going to bed in just underwears again. i have never spoken about this but just feel you guys should hear from someone who has experienced something similar. If Olanike is telling the truth then i pray that Obesere rots in jail and if its a lie then God shuld reveal the truth and punish a liar. because to be raped and accused of rape is the worst thing that can ever happen to someone. and all parents should maintain a close relationship with their daughters. they always have a lot to tell. and i do pray that nobody will experience such truama in their lives.

• anonymous March 6, 2014 at 9:43 am

Well! Esther yours is a different case not like going to sleep in a man’s house that you barely know, that someone just introduce you to. anyway may the Good God help you to forgive and forget. stay bless

• mama mia!!! March 5, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I’m a woman and cant believe what some of you are saying. We need to start saying things the way they really are for the sake of our kids in the near future. “I thought he was a responsible man” why think that? Do you know him from adam? I mean really know him. We need to learn to act responsibly, a man suggests you sleep in his house after meeting for the very first time, why agree? There have been stories on news on stuff like this happening yet we fail to listen. Women please act responsibly it could have been worse. What if she was murdered? There is no reason in hell a woman should spend the night at a man’s house she barely knows. No reason! I do not condone rape in anyway. But certain risks need be avoided abeg learn o…

• anonymous March 6, 2014 at 9:45 am

Thank you Mama Mia, i guess we are both looking at this case in the same direction.

• shina March 6, 2014 at 12:18 am

Thanks so much for your comments all well meaning Nigerians.Where is the picture of the girl in question?Where is the medical examination result?Which hospital carried it out?if truly this girl is raped as she claimed why didn’t she come on radio to explain the story to reasonable Nigerians and get her helped? Let’s ask for her picture and know truly her state of health.Cos for a lady to be bleeding since all this days something serious must have happened to her.Please let her picture be provided.Findout the truth before your conclusion on this issue readers.Fear God

• peyton March 6, 2014 at 4:59 am

No it dosent. But why would anyone sleep in that same house??? Beats me I don’t care if it is one of the big ass rooms I won’t even be comfortable.these tiny details matter a lot because when it comes to a trial his defense attorneys will milk these reasons over a million times. I do not condone rape in any form or manner, but the truth is we need to sometimes be careful.the signs were there what if he had killed her or something??? Or he was a serial killer???

• anonymous March 6, 2014 at 9:36 am

Come to think of it, Has anybody ever thought of it that, it could be that they both agreed on”if you allow me i will help” and the Lady “if after doing it you didnt help i wont take it lightly with you” and this is to get back at each other….. if not why will you sleep in someone’s house,someone a friend just introduce you to. to me it sound somehow. but which ever way talking about the general term now RAPE should not be encourage in any form.

• my name is my name March 6, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Abeg ask olanike where’s the ring? after she went to her village for traditional treatment.