“I Did Not Rape Her”! Obesere Speaks Out

It was a rough week for Abass Akande Obesere. The Fuji star was accused of raping a 29-year old business woman, who claims she visited him for help.

After his arrest, he was released on bail. Obesere was invited on MITV‘s Wazobia show to speak on the allegations.

Here is what he said;
“She visited me at home at night and it was too late for her to return to her place. I won’t lie about the fact that we had intimate encounter. But I did not rape her. And it was about four or five days after she visited me that she went to the police to allege that I raped her.

I went to the police station but when when I realized that the officers there were favouring her as a complainant, I requested them to transfer the case to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba.

There, they asked her for evidence that she was raped. There was no injury on her. Her clothes were intact. When she couldn’t produce evidence, the police advised her not to attempt to blackmail me. They advised her to gently approach me and ask for help if she wanted anything.

When she first called me to say she was feeling sick, I called the woman who introduced her to me to take her to hospital. But Alhaja said nothing was wrong with her, that she was only trying to extort me. Alhaja said she planned to blackmail me into parting with between five and ten million naira.

I can tell you my enemies are behind the allegation. They are trying to bring me down. But they won’t succeed because I’m a child of God, a messenger of God. Once God remains behind me, nobody can bring me down.

I’m a responsible man, a reliable man. But I’m human and therefore fallible. But I’m not losing sleep about this allegation. I’m undeterred and I’m going about my business because I have no doubt that the truth will prevail.”

41 Comments on “I Did Not Rape Her”! Obesere Speaks Out
  • Hurperyearmie March 7, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hmmmmmmmmmm issokay

• In News Everybody Cares About; Damilola Adegbite Might Be Pregnant March 7, 2014 at 10:18 am

The sad thing is whether he did or not, he’ll probably get away with it.

• Annonymous March 7, 2014 at 10:23 am

This is just an after thought I think, who are these detractors and enemies that are chasing you? It actually took you how long to issue this your robust response? Am not buying this at all

• NIRA March 7, 2014 at 10:32 am

Ok o!! We sincerely hope the investigation will reveal the truth. However, I read he was arrested, then released, only to be re-arrested when a medical examiner confirmed that she had been raped. Something’s fishy here. Hope the truth prevails…

• Aibee March 7, 2014 at 11:00 am

There are 3 sides to this story – her side, his side and the truth. May the truth prevail at the end of the day.

• Bella March 7, 2014 at 11:58 am

my sister that is the only thing here. Thank you.

• anonymous me March 7, 2014 at 11:18 am

did obesere sincerely speak dis english or they modified it for him? #justasking…

• Hadiza Adebola mustapha March 7, 2014 at 11:28 am

Hehehe oga oooo! …… responsible indeed

• tolani March 7, 2014 at 11:29 am

Abegiii, a responsible man but you took advantage of her when she stayed over at your house right? I thought medical reports showed that she was raped..so what is he saying?? Don’t bring God to this matter if not He will just speak a word to you and that’s your issue mehn…

• Omoh March 7, 2014 at 11:40 am

What a story!
    Who go say I’m mama soup no sweet?
    Quoting the phrase,”I am a child of God”,”i’m responsible” and finally “i’m reliable”,are mere statements trying to justify the obvious.
    Wetin married man dey do with rape?
    So no lady can ask help from the opposite sex without parting with that which she carries between her legs.

• I dey here March 7, 2014 at 11:58 am

Useless ritualistic. A married man ,in your matrimonial home. He should face the law

• Ada Nnewi March 7, 2014 at 11:58 am

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire….

• Zahra March 7, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Is dat d famous RING???smh.May God judge u.

• Bella March 7, 2014 at 12:18 pm

If i am add my own 2cents worth here. Ladies in these days of uncertainty and danger, why couldn’t she return to her place same night, are there no trusted cabs, friends or family members that could transport her? How late was it in the night that she had to risk a sleep over in mans house? again, if you decide to stay over in a man’s house and not lock the bedroom door – whate are you intending since you know men and their weaknesses, if she had locked and he had knocked or broken down the door, this would be a different story. Maybe there was no key? I can understand the 4-5 day wait, because of fear and uncertainty on what to do. If this man raped her, may he pay for his sins dearly but if he did not we must employ this girl to speak out and tell the truth. There is so much questions here that don’t add up. What was the reason for her visit to him in the first place and why at night? are they going out or what? The truth has to be told cause both of them have lives to live and its not ok to ruin another’s life fr the sake of money or lust.

• Leggy March 7, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Stop blaming the victim. Because she visited him, it justifies him raping her?

• sandy March 7, 2014 at 12:23 pm

A real child of God won’t indulge himself in such act (rape) cos a christian is not a sinner nd a sinner is not a christian

• Trace March 7, 2014 at 12:32 pm

How can you tell she was raped? Scratches or what ? Why will she go to a mans house at night to beg for help? Was she planning on going home or sleeping there. Ur enemies really know what ur weakness is ahi, they used a woman n it worked. It’s good for both of u. No victor no vanquish

• Noni March 7, 2014 at 7:39 pm

When someone has been raped, more often than not there will be signs of forced entry and what’s with this blaming the victim ish? Are men animals that cannot control themselves? Whether or not she was raped I don’t know but it’s obvious she trusted him enough to go to his home. If a man was killed in another person’s house and they found a ring in him, would you be asking why he went to the person’s house at night or cursing whoever killed him? God will deliver us from rape culture.

• aseye1 March 7, 2014 at 12:41 pm

“because I’m a child of God, a messenger of God. Once God remains behind me, nobody can bring me down.I’m a responsible man, a reliable man”…………. really….after sleeping with a woman you ve seen the first time? guts and sense of impudence

• Nominee March 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm

“I am a responsible man” A na m anu!

• @edDREAMZ March 7, 2014 at 1:01 pm

This man’s face looks scary….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Miss Anonymous March 7, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Na really “intimate encounter”.

• SmashingM March 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm

If you claim the officers at the first police station were favouring her, how do we know that you’re not being favoured in this other police station?

• DJ STELCH March 7, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Baba I Know You Could’nt Have Done It.. No Mind All Of Those Hateing On You!! (Bad Belle People). She Wants To Build On A Land She Never Dug A Foundation For, 29YR OLD FOOL!!!

• Bleed Blue March 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm

You’re my new peeve.

I’m not one for cyber bashing in any form but for you one must make exceptions. Whenever I see your user name, I expect an irritating comment. And you never ever dissappoint.

• AA March 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm

So called responsible man yet this took place in his matrimonial home. Whether he raped her or not, he has no respect for his home. Animal! May justice prevail for the just

• Pee March 7, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Some psycho just feel @ every rape event d victim has it all to blame! Wait until u get raped in your own room before u know that in any way rape is not justifiable and shudnt be justified.

• MoD March 7, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Obesere spoke all this English?? Issorai!!

• eesha March 7, 2014 at 4:10 pm

LOL! Azzin ehn the thing tire me, he must have gone to Harvard while we were not watching.

• AW March 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm

In Bill Clinton’s voice; ‘I did not rape her, I had sexual intercourse with the woman.’

• Life goes on March 7, 2014 at 3:32 pm

he like it and decided to put a ring on on it

• Bide March 7, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Lmao..Child of God, Messenger of God..It is well o

• Bide March 7, 2014 at 4:07 pm

These people are fetish..

• peyton March 7, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Messenger of GOD ke?? Issorait oh hmmmmn,so that’s your reason why we should believe you?

• Wag… March 7, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Okay, we agree that you did not rape her … It was your enemies right??? Why did u insert a ring inside her??? The enemies closed your eyes and seized your fingers too …. Olodo (dullard)…!!!

• Bide March 7, 2014 at 7:27 pm

H didn’t remove the tag on his glasses..

• junior March 8, 2014 at 5:17 am

its very wrong for her to use wrong ways of getting money,let love be love

• BIMBY March 8, 2014 at 9:38 am

As much as I don’t support Obesere’s act of irresponsibility, what did the lady expect visiting a man late in the night? Who doesn’t know that most Naija men always take advantage of a lady seeking help from them? And why did it take her days before she reported the matter to the police if she was actually raped and not that she sort of consented to the act and decided to go to the police when Obesere’s refused to fulfill his promise afterwards.

• somebody March 8, 2014 at 11:15 am

Hunmm, my people only god knows the truth and I believe d truth will soon be revealed.

• Marvel March 15, 2014 at 4:57 am

Anybody can ask for a favour at any time of the day or night. It is not a invitation to be raped. It would be lovely to read that despite some lady coming to your house at Midnight, you helped or showed her to the door or didn’t even open it. I would even have preferred to read tha he went kerb crawling as opposed to taking advantage of her. I doubt very much that such a woman would bring this level of attention to herself in a country as ours, where she would be judged if it didn’t happen. Sadly, I am going with her story until he proves her wrong.