Ladies and Gentlemen! This has got to be one of the greatest dating faux pas of the century: Researching your date’s net worth on your mobile phone, while you are on a date. Use those FBI investigation skills at home – before you get to the venue of the date – and preferably on a device other than your mobile phone.

One woman learned this lesson the hard way. The unnamed lady was R&B singer Tyrese Gibson‘s date.

Gibson recently took to Instagram to share his ordeal:

Tyrese Shade

“Ratchet all the way – I was hanging out with this girl and my phone died so I asked her if I could Google something on her phone…Soon as I went to her Safari web browser THIS popped up…This B went online to see what my net worth was…What in the F is going on out here????”

He appears to have deleted the post. However, multiple sources were able to get a screenshot before the post disappeared.

13 Comments on Oops! Tyrese’s Lady Friend Googles His Net Worth while on a Date & He Nabs Her at It
  • bruno February 16, 2015 at 11:50 am

I don’t blame that girl. who wants to date a broke dude. lol

the girl was planning her future, she was planning on getting pregnant for him, so she can collect heavy child support money. ole

• Eni February 16, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Yes o bruno thats that is if you cannot get the ring get his baby either way let me just get free money. You will see the perspective from which naija girls will look at it……Men wise up. There are lot of them out there.

• chukwukadibia February 16, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Oh my good lawd!!!!!hahahahahaha.he would definately see her as cheap even though maybe her intention wasn’t so.very funny post though!!

• somtoo February 16, 2015 at 12:27 pm

common tyrese…i mean people google people nowadays, maybe she had limited information on the dude and when she googled “tyrese” various links came up and she was reading them one after the other..the information is on the internet for crying out loud, how is it a bad thing to read it?
    i google guys a go out on dates with because for all i know i might just key in “nosa raymond gadaffi(fake name o, if its urs, coincidence) and see “recently paroled after serving 3 years for armed robbery”…thats how things are right now…everything is on google.. if i have blind dates and what to be sure information i was told is true, i google him..how is that bad mbok?

i dont think its ratchet…its due diligence jor and whats the harm in knowing what a dude is worth? the dude should park! Dude be paranoid if you ask me.

• Chichi February 16, 2015 at 1:28 pm

I don’t believe this for one second. I think this is Tyrese seeking attention or trying to show us he is worth 25m. How did the picture get on his instagram??? he screenshot the page on the girls phone, then logged in also on the girls phone to post this? He sent the screenshot to his dead phone via the girls phone?? Cant wrap my head around it

• Eni February 16, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Oh come on girl he is worth more and you know what he will continue to get paid when people watch his movies for life. That’s why Madonna and co keep getting money. So you mean he wants to impress with mere $25mil in today’s US. You think that’s superstar status big money.?

• nala February 16, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Abeg gerrout Tyrese.I dont believe that even happened.I however know that u r trying to attract people to see what is networth is.

• Bella February 16, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I’d have to say a bit suspect to be honest, the story I mean. Yes we all Google people but I think anyone in their right and living on this earth knows whom Tyrese is, he is so out there. I think he just wanted us to know his net worth because its not out there on the Forbes list! LOL. Gotta hand it to the dude though, self marketing works.! People are talking and we now ALL know how much he is worth!

• La’Shonda Balogun February 16, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Please! He made this up – how else did he get that screenshot up there? He just wants people to believe his net worth is $25m. Nice try Tyrese, but you’re not smart enough to fool us!

• Blah blah February 16, 2015 at 5:50 pm

This so didn’t happen. He just wants his little fan community to remember he has some change. Abegi. Not saying it’s not possible cos there are so many thirsty and hungry girls around now. But this story get serious k-leg. Plus he’s deleted it. Why?!

• Iris February 16, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I think he’s making a big deal out of it. I get why he’d be disconcerted but these days we all Google people to find out more information about them – what they do, who their friends are, if they are married etc. It is possible that she was just gossiping with friends and there was idle gossip and it just came up.

• Bandele February 16, 2015 at 7:35 pm

If this story had more holes in it, you could possible sieve tea in it.
    So lemme ask my $25miilion Tyrese, you just happen to screen grab the page on her phone and post on instagram.. well done
    each to their own

• niecey February 16, 2015 at 8:03 pm

Don’t sound right…so what’s the girl name…why no one have a picture yet.. And why not have a one on one talk..so she wanna know what that money do..ask her questions..so you date a random girl and didn’t do research on her…where’s your portable charger..a car charger something you a celeb…have several