My Style: Etty & Mife Dale

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016065Find what you like and stick to it.” – Mife & Etty Dale of ManierabyDale.

It’s time for another fabulous edition of My Style – our monthly BN Style feature that aims to celebrate the unique styles of our amazing BN readers.

The My Style page is all about showing how diverse and universal style can be. Style is individual, unique and fun and is a personal representation of how each person expresses their take on fashion; so BN Style watchers let’s appreciate their unique style. 🙂

Enjoy!

***

Today’s My Style is a double dose of fabulous from sisters – Mife & Etty Dale. The stylish pair go to university and study mechanical engineering & architecture respectively in Nottingham & Nottingham Trent University.

Mife & Etty have a great style background which dates back to playing dress up and attending fashion events with their dad.

These fun times only made their passion for fashion stronger. After a while they found a love for E!, Fashion TV and the Style Network. That was when they decided to start a blog – ManierabyDale.com.

Today, they keep their audience up to date with fashion tips and daily fashion inspiration via their outfits and fashion blog. And we are about to delve into all their fabulosity in this month’s My Style Feature.

Come with us as we find out their style inspirations, fashion advice, where they like to shop and more.

***

Our Style Is…
…mostly mirrors each other’s. I love that we still kind of coordinate our clothes, even if we used to hate it when we were younger. We also try to infuse our roots into our style, which is mostly why we have both have ‘fros. It is very important to have monochrome looks too when we dress up.

We believe style gives you confidence. Specifically, we think what amuses us is being able to search for an item and finally have the fulfillment of styling it with what is in your wardrobe.

Where Style Meets Personality
Mife is more excited and bubbly and a chatterbox. She ends up wearing the bright colours of makeup and clothes. Etty is the more conservative one and has an architectural influence, and she usually ends up wearing pastel-ly colours and loves geometry inspired clothes.

We also love our vintage clothes and minimal oriented clothes.

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016011

Etty Dale & Mife Dale

Where We Shop Till We Drop
Our favourite and go-to store is Asos – they have a range of brands and have affordable & well designed clothes. We also like Monki, Zara, Missguided, Kurt Geiger, Top shop, Weekday, Pretty Little Thing and the list goes on and on.

We are obviously shopaholics. I think you can say one of our hobbies is shopping. Our Mom, the only conservative one in the family, is always at our necks for shopping too much. We kind of see shopping as therapy. Who doesn’t like to look good and have fun while doing it?

Our Tresses
This is so easy. We love our ‘fros, especially our kinky braids. We just end up going there because of the ease of making and taking care of it.

Fashion shoot

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016050 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016120

Our Makeup Code
Mife is more adventurous with her make and teaches me (Etty) most of the things I know about make up. We like the same type of make up.

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016040 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016021 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016014

How We Accessorize
We love wearing sunglasses, shoes, bags, scarves etc.

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016035 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016038 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016068 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016032 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016116 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016109 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016106 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016094 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016096

On A Regular Day
On a  regular day we believe we should always look trendy and beautiful.

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016007 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016003 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016010 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016002 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016033 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016054 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016053 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016051 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016119

Fashion shoot

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016016

Students of Fashion

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016015 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016018 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016006 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016062 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016036 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016039 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016117 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016111 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016019 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016067 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016115

Shoes & Fee + Bag Life

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016057 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016058 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016020 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016072 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016034 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016045 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016083 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016079 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016085 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016089 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016088 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016080 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016081 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016076 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016075 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016084

What We Can’t Do Without
Etty: One of my must-haves is one-strap heels. They are minimalist but they make you look fashionable as well.
Mife: I love my strappy heels. They just add an edge to whatever you wear and make you look sexy.

Advice For Other Style Lovers
Find a style you like and stick to it, that is the ‘being different’ factor. Having encouraging friends is very important. Our best friends Max, Kene and Titi always help with the pictures and the management of the blog and give sound advice for our blogging.

If We Could Steal A Celebrity’s Wardrobe
Kim Kardashian. We actually agree about it without thinking because she is so fashion forward, is the monochrome queen and has a lot of well designed items.

Double Tap

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016122My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016046 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016013 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016041 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016064 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016069 My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016118

Which Celebrity Stole My Look
We are a mix of Mochedah and Lisa Folawiyo. They are like the greatest fashion icons right now.

Our Style Philosophy
Find what you like and stick to it.

My Style Mife and Etty Dale - BellaNaija - Januray2016043

Thank you to Mife & Etty for sharing their amazing style with us. Follow them for more of their style on Instagram: @ManierabyDale , @Mife_Dale & @Etty_Dale | Follow them on Twitter: @Mife_Dale & @Etty_Dale | Visit their fashion blog: Manierabydale.com | Follow them on Tumblr: Manierabydale.tumblr.com | Follow them on SnapChat: Ettydale or Mifedale

________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you are interested in appearing in the My Style feature, simply send two pictures of yourself or that of a friend depicting a typical day and night look with a short summary of your style to style(at)bellanaija(dot)com. When your entry is approved, you will be required to send in more pictures and personal commentaries on your style or that of your friend as the case may be!

58 Comments on My Style: Etty & Mife Dale
  • Babe January 5, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Wrong shade of foundation! That’s all I see.

• Pretty_O January 5, 2016 at 8:23 pm

The sad part is, they will come back on BN to read reviews on them. Social Media can be cruel… Every thought does not have to be spoken, geez!

• Sugar January 6, 2016 at 9:44 am

All i see is Boobs and more boobs

• Bn@Work January 18, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Really all I see is boobs for real and very tacky style

• MEBE January 5, 2016 at 4:29 pm

tacky. Not feeling this at all

• Honeycrown January 5, 2016 at 5:01 pm

They are both very pretty girls. I’m not wowed by their style but it works for them nonetheless. Their shoe sense I don’t mind. I Iove the wooden sunglasses and I want one like that to match a wooden watch. Please lemme know where to get those. Going web searching ……

• Que March 23, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Glasses are from igoville. Check @igoville on Instagram

• larz January 5, 2016 at 5:10 pm

NO NO NO!

Be fashion forward all you want but please dress your shape. Package yourself. Fashion is good packaging and most of what I see here is not good packaging.

Oh an dress your size. Just because my cousin walks around with no bra (cuz she has smaller/ firmer breasts- damn you cuz) doesnt mean I can pull off the same look too. I will stop her b4…

• princesssimonn January 5, 2016 at 11:27 pm

you are just being a bully the fact that you cannot wear something doesn’t mean other people can,t of shouldn’t. Her boobs are very very okay. I can swear you look like a troll most of the time

• Blackcoffee January 5, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Rotfl????Forget style jor what they need is a good bra…..,

• ATL’s finest January 6, 2016 at 1:47 am

Abiii!!?????U no well.. I can work with a few outfit but that nose ring is very disturbing. What ever happened to stud nose rings? It just made her look trashy.

• Lawan January 5, 2016 at 5:16 pm

OMG that second picture = eye sore
    I prefer Mife’s style..its almost edgy
    PLease invest in proper undergarments
    NO one wants to see your pant line or your waist clinchers https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/01/my-style-etty-mife-dale/my-style-mife-and-etty-dale-bellanaija-januray2016039/
    I love their hair
    x

• simsi January 5, 2016 at 5:18 pm

*lips sealed

• saturated January 5, 2016 at 5:25 pm

it’s a no no for me sha. i love class and elegance with an undertone of simplicity. but if it works for them, no problem

• niyoola January 5, 2016 at 5:31 pm

I def prefer the sis with the more subtle style.

• j’suis belle January 5, 2016 at 5:32 pm

all i say is that am ‘strapped’ by the sandals!!!! i don”t really like their style

• chioma January 5, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Leave trash for LAWMA!

• omojesu January 5, 2016 at 5:35 pm

my exact thots a good bra dang ….. most of thier shoes are from missguided nothing wrong with that …… But, Must everyone be a stylist or talk thier fashion on blogs these days ! guess its the easiest route now. But seriously girls you both need to quit this thing mehnnn . not for u

• Abena January 5, 2016 at 5:47 pm

The way people are quick to talk about how some ladies breast are fallen,it makes me wonder if everyone has a standing and firm breast. Please stop body shaming women, there is nothing wrong with breast of these ladies.
    As per their style,i like some, i dont. like some. They look good tho. Great bodies

• gravity January 6, 2016 at 4:07 am

I dont think pple are necessarily shaming them for fallen breasts. see my breast don fall te te but my bra game is on point everyday. like I go to store and spend several hours trying on bras to get the PERFECT fit. No be today breast dey fall but abeg help our eyes wear correct bra. and no dey attempt all these risky braless clothes.

• Mz Socially Awkward… January 6, 2016 at 3:34 pm

@gravity, bra shopping is the WORST kind of shopping; kai, the thing fit give me migraine. And you’re literally correct about spending hours in one single shop trying on bras until you find the right fit… because your size in balcony bra go dey different from how the girls go balance inside T-shirt bra, come dey different when applied to strapless bra, come get another fitting for demi-cup bra. All kinds of headache that men don’t appreciate when they’re admiring bosoms…

Worse still, I usually time this shopping wahala to coincide with sale seasons in July/Aug or Dec/Jan, so you’ve just reminded me that this might be the weekend where I’ll spend the better part of Saturday dwelling in a cubicle somewhere in Debenhams… I just want to cry at the thought 🙁 🙁

• Caligula January 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm

They seem like nice, chill girls. They’re beautiful and their niceness makes it easy for me to fall in love with them. I don’t agree with the Kim kardashian thing but then again, most young ladies wanna be like them now. (YUCK).. Anyways, go on with yo bad selves ladies & stay beautiful ?

• Idomagirl January 6, 2016 at 11:06 pm

They didn’t say they wanted to be like Kim Kardashian, they said they wanted her wardrobe.
      Comprehension is ?.

• Mo January 5, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Nothing dey dia!

• The real Ibinabo January 5, 2016 at 6:20 pm

They seem fashion forward and seem to have lovely personalities however their style is a bit too daring for me. P.s. I love the fact that they are actually in uni, a lot of ‘Instagram fashionistas’ don’t take education seriously. Good luck girls!

• nee January 5, 2016 at 6:21 pm

hahahahahaahhahahahahaaaa…….i’m at work plsss

• lea valley January 5, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Mba!!!

• whocares January 5, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Bra issues aside, i like that it is on the affordable end of high street fashion.. I hate high street fashion cos I think they are not worth the money they charge for it and when you look at most my styles na so so designer here and there (unless im wrong) so a bit of misses but that’s mainly cos some of the clothes do not suit them, but they still do have an eye for buying good things and also fitting it round the the “trends”. Will they win an award for creatively picking and matching? No as I do not think anything here is interesting.. does it do anything for me? No- hate trends, rarely follow it or shop highstreet unless for bits and bobs, but its not bad and for people who like these type of things they have done well.. I especially love their colorful makeups. They are inspiring me to start wearing eye makeup again and even to go back to colour.

• Nottingham Alumni January 5, 2016 at 7:35 pm

So I went to Nottingham and I love that I’ve discovered soo many cool and interesting African influencers that went to Nottingham on this site. People like Bella Imaan, Ife Tokan, Adetuke Morgan and Soraya, I didn’t notice the Bra thing until I read the comments but I really like their makeup and hair looks.

• mrs chidukane January 5, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I love both of them boobs and all. They look so vivacious and their shoes are lovely.

• Demilade January 5, 2016 at 7:59 pm

I actually follow them on Insta and I read their blog, very nice. Their style is definitely not for everyone and that’s okay. Style is personal anyways. I love their shoes. Love the pastel suit outfit, the one in the tunnel, the black lace dress outfit and the blue dress with balloons. xx

cocobellablog.com

• wumy January 5, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Looks very ratchet to me.

• ACE January 5, 2016 at 9:57 pm

If only they can wear good bra…

• ? January 5, 2016 at 10:42 pm

In the words of the legend that is R.S (aka Roll Safe) – OVERDOING IT.

• nkesi January 5, 2016 at 10:47 pm

i dont think people should be sooo quick to judge. I loooove their style and I think people should chill. If you like your breasts and you want to expose them please go aheadd!!1

• nwa nna January 5, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Both very beautiful women, however I am a less is more kinda of guy and can appreciate that about the opposite sex. Something about subtle sex appeal that draws me in and I find very sexy. But that being said they are both very beautiful women, just not digging their fashion style completely

• princess.simonn January 5, 2016 at 11:04 pm

• Max January 5, 2016 at 11:07 pm

The individual style for the girls shows, they will definitely inspire a lot of people To go ahead to appreciate their own style, believe me guys if you don’t understand personal style and sticking to what you like then you have no style. I will say they have everything going for them to be able to stand out from the crowd for fashionistas. They are young, vibrant and above all Understand what it means to make fashion personal. Definitely love it all.

• Different Shades of Nigerian January 5, 2016 at 11:14 pm

I am clearly a hater, yes that is what most people will call me. But all I see here is How can undergraduate students afford all this? Most wise wealthy people I know, only give their children what is needed and some extras, this level of extravagance for kids who are yet to work their first real job makes me smh. Like I said b4, yes I am hater so dont bother calling me that. To each his own.

• Ada_ugo January 9, 2016 at 11:47 am

they are in the UK. chances are very high they’ve got part-time jobs.

• bee January 28, 2016 at 6:15 pm

they live in the UK, they must have part time jobs… ignorance will kill you

• lea January 5, 2016 at 11:25 pm

I think they passed their message along right Its their style, if you don’t love it then close your eye. i love their fashion sense. You should go their blog its impecable. love you etty and mife. By the way i dont know what all the bra talk is. Some people just like to follow.

• Ego January 5, 2016 at 11:56 pm

They are young and still in school…what do you expect?..suits and court shoes?

• o January 6, 2016 at 12:06 am

I actually love their style. Funny enough, I read the comments before going tru the post and didn’t expect to. I want those brogues in my life pls, esp the burgundy one. And those army green pants. As per the boobs, I guess we all cant be bothered. Carrying F cup around, there are days I just wished I could forget the bra. Se o easy lati ko irin sa”ya ni???…lol

• Alero Mii January 6, 2016 at 12:27 am

What came to my mind was ‘awon omo yi haf finished daddy’s miney on clothes o’, but what do I know? I hear good money is made from blogging… Beautiful girls with great fashion sense. Keep it up!

• bibi January 6, 2016 at 8:40 am

bella naija !!una no get eye??this post should be edited before putting it up for pple to read

• Ozyy January 6, 2016 at 10:41 am

Les babess…..reppn uss…so cool. keep shining.

• A.D.A. January 6, 2016 at 10:49 am

I was excited for the return of this feature but, well… Ol girl should think twice before wearing that red top again though.

• Ibinabo January 6, 2016 at 12:51 pm

This is a no-no… can’t deal.

• Rani January 6, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Some hits, some misses…

• Tee January 7, 2016 at 1:34 am

Life and etty biko make una read tthe comments and see which way forward. Lip sealed!

• simon January 9, 2016 at 9:19 pm

i looove your style girls

• Fola January 9, 2016 at 9:20 pm

My friend sent this to me. I love that you guys co ordinate your outfits. Would like to see more of the monochrome looks

• john January 9, 2016 at 9:21 pm

One of my favourite sister blogs of all time

• Abby scuito January 21, 2016 at 9:39 pm

All I see is ashy feet

• sisi February 24, 2016 at 2:53 am

new style inspiration

• Lady March 2, 2016 at 10:04 am

All i see is the need for these pretty ladies to get a good bra