Yay! Don Jazzy & Olamide settle rift – See Photo & Message to Fans

Olamide & Don Jazzy - BN Jan 2016
And the entertainment industry gets united again.

Mega superstars Don Jazzy and Olamide made headlines as we kicked off the new year for remarks made during the Headies music awards.

Today, the two posted similar photos on their Instagram accounts, with a message to their fans.

We are very sorry for the wahala. Make una no vex ooo. It is our responsibility to lead but then again we re only human and we all make mistakes. #WeAreSorryHeadies #WeAreSorryFans #PeaceAndUnity #YBNL #SMD #OneLagos #OneNigeria

Photo Credit: Instagram – @donjazzy | @baddosneh

63 Comments on Yay! Don Jazzy & Olamide settle rift – See Photo & Message to Fans
  • Nne January 3, 2016 at 11:35 pm

The fear of losing endorsement is the beginning of wisdom. Lol

I am quite impressed with don jazzy to be honest because Olamide really insulted his life with those tweets. He wrote out his true feelings in those tweets which showed that he probably had some animosity towards don jazzy. Its all good

Well done guys for doing the honourable thing.. nothing like island vs mainland

In all this wande coal turned out to be the loser for taking sides.

Hello ‘olamide is street fans’ how market?

• TruthTeller January 4, 2016 at 12:03 am

Lmao. Spot on. I dey wait the street ppl o.

• Uju January 4, 2016 at 12:52 am

My brother o….. I agree
      Island vs mainland ko
      East coast vs west coast ni

• ATL’s finest January 4, 2016 at 7:34 am

@ Uju lol abi.. Let’s see who’s gonna win the fight. Olamide’s face looking like putur-putur. West coast & East Coast mess even South side & North Yonder lol

• Damilola January 4, 2016 at 8:05 am

Don jazzy, is also protecting his image and probably doesn’t want his dirty laundry out. For olamide to go that deep with the insult, it must be some drama behind the scene. . Don jazzy is known to treat folks like trash especially if you are not beating to his drum. Lie about producing, when somebody else did, act he cares about his artists when it’s really money. Oh yeah, buy votes. I swear, he’s just like Jay Z like someone pointed out. He’s all about himself. . I’m glad, somebody called him out on his BS. Yeah, olamide could have called him out in a better way.

P.S it doesn’t look like olamide made up, he still mad.

• Nne January 4, 2016 at 9:42 am

HI @damilola, I agree that they both apologised to protect their brands. No dispute in that but do you really think Olamide is innocent in his ways as well? you think he does not insult or maltreat people too? My dear business is a funny game o, especially one like the music industry that is filled with huge egos and alpha males wanting to dominate.

Don jazzy may be this and that but one thing I respect him for is the way he brands his artist and helps people out. Everyone has a little demon

There are better ways to air your grievance without looking uncouth. I am still angry sef that they dragged dbanj name into this.

Obviously with the type of insults that came out of olamides mouth, no body is expecting this reconciliation to be a walk in the park. its going to take sometime to truly forgive each other but at least they have taken the first step which should be applauded

• iyke January 4, 2016 at 10:03 am

damilolaz… you know all this about don jazzy, how?

• Damilola January 4, 2016 at 8:05 pm

@ Nne and iyke

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying olamide is innocent at all. He’s at wrong. What I’m trying to say here is, Nigerians are always portraying Don Jazzy as innocent. We easily go after others attacking him. Even when the whole thing happened between him and d’banj. We blamed d’banj and went hard on him including me. Wande coal the same thing. Olamide, is crazy we all know that. But someone acting bad openly is better than pretending to be good but behind the scenes you are not any better or even worse. So, just bcos Don jazzy is acting all humble, quiet doesn’t mean he’s innocent in all of this. In response to iyke I know behind the scene things about don jazzy bcos my brother is well known in the entertainment industry. This is not to say Don jazzy is a bad person, that’s how business is, it’s cut throat. I’m just saying it’s easy to see olamide as the bad person bcos he’s vocalizing his but Don jazzy is not any better.

• Nne January 5, 2016 at 12:22 am

My dear damilola…. I think we are misunderstanding each other. I never claimed Don J to be a saint.
        This is business like i said, Don J may be a pig behind the scenes but do you know what makes him to keep winning? Emotional Intelligence which you need as a professional and Branding 101, which is something he has above most of his colleagues. I am not even a huge don J fan but I respect someone that knows his stuff and how to sell people (I mean dprince?)

Even in the corporate world, most top executives or ‘hard workers’ have their own demons once they get back home.

They are selling music, and in order for them to get endorsements they need to sell a ‘brand’ they are their own commodity. it happens all over the world be it fake or real. Taylor Swift and Beyonce are said to be fake

As for the dbanj saga. I am a huge fan of dbanj and even I knew that signing to Kanye West would be deadly for him but the blind fans praised him and said he was going ‘international’. He has lost his touch. The only current song of his I like is the one with Idris Elba.

In all I agree with all you have said

• YoB January 3, 2016 at 11:50 pm

We the fans are not happy about this settlement. We were expecting Diss tracks and all. Nah, yall should have kept yall grown asses in check and not started the beef in the first place. You now raised our expectations. Ode meji

• TruthTeller January 4, 2016 at 12:02 am

Oya everybody shouting street street since yesterday. Over to una.

• Nnenna January 4, 2016 at 12:02 am

Interesting… so #YBNL and #SMD voltrons or is it avengers… how much did y’all get for all the rants yesterday. we enjoy conflict way too much. its scary

• pricelessbae January 4, 2016 at 12:03 am

Now all ye fans can relax. I hope Don can visit mainland now.

• Krasavitsa January 4, 2016 at 12:04 am

Olamide looks like he’s a bit pissed that he’ll never be able to release his already-prepared diss track. Why do I think D’Prince is behind this reconciliation?

• Lol January 4, 2016 at 1:33 am

Yes. ”Diss track” where he will be shouting upandan and grunting like hungry cockroach. And Nigerians that like hopping bandwagon anyhow will crown him the new Drake. And the expected meeked-up response from D’Prince. It hurts to think of it. Praise God etisalat and glo have saved us from that nightmare abeg.

• ATL’s finest January 4, 2016 at 7:36 am

Lmao @ Upanda.. Well he will still find a way to shout Up & down like Ode.

• Ene January 4, 2016 at 12:07 am

• LeaveStupidityIn2015 January 4, 2016 at 12:08 am

Big ups to Don Jazzy for his calmness in this matter. If to say na me eh. The drama for still kontinue *Patience voice. With everything Olamide was tweeting yesterday. Lol. Thank God he has sobered up and realized the consequences of his temporary insanity. Looking forward to better music from both camps this 2016.

• Simply Gorgeous January 4, 2016 at 12:22 am

Don Jazzy, in future, should know how to conduct himself. Thank God, he has gone to apologise and make up for the wrong he did at the Headies. Secondly, he needs to attend urgently to his children as nobody can believe that his children are still going about on OKADA, when people like Lil Kesh are driving Range. By his lack of judgement and arrogance, he mistakenly opened himself up; as a result people are now asking questions about his LABEL and character

• kemi January 4, 2016 at 12:46 am

Are you kidding me? biko which of his artistes are going around town in okada? adonbelieveit!

• Nigerian Prince January 4, 2016 at 3:05 am

See, this is what I hate about Nigerians that cannot see the truth and come out and say it. ”Don Jazzy, in future, should know how to conduct himself.” Are you serious rn? Because it is Don Jazzy that went and threw F bombs on national television, belittled another artist’s achievements while making HIS OWN ARTIST, Adekunle Gold’s, own winning moment just awkward and cringe worthy. All because he refused to see where his mates were campaigning for votes and campaign too. Sha, if your willful ignorance helps you sleep at night, by all means hold on to it.

All I can say is, great for their respective brands that this wahala has been resolved. Hope the Headies see to it that this nonsense does not repeat itself next year.

• iyke January 4, 2016 at 10:08 am

oga abi madam. you need help. psycho evaluation ASAP

• tish January 4, 2016 at 12:23 am

This picture tells a thousand stories.
    We observe, time will tell.
    In the mean time, una do well.

• Ba January 4, 2016 at 12:33 am

• kilipot January 4, 2016 at 12:34 am

Smh. This DonJazzy sef. After u were dragged in the gutters like malu BodiJa. You still went to snap picture.
    Where’s Olamide’s proper apology to him and Headies organizers.

Olamide should have been ignored from the inception of all this mess to this point, but then what do i know.

• concerned January 4, 2016 at 12:37 am

Mbanu!! Devil is a liar! What will happen to all the popcorn I made?
    But seriously, a big shoutout to Don J’s parents. They raised one heck of a man! If someone insulted my future generations and my parents, I would never speak to them again. Again Don Jazzy, your parents did an amazing job. I hope all the razzos who were shouting “olamide, olamide” will let us hear word nowu

• M& January 4, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Serious “Jegalized” tingz! He is even the one smiling! Why nah?!

• concerned January 4, 2016 at 12:38 am

• j’suis belle January 4, 2016 at 12:41 am

O boy olamide e face no be am at all,he doesn’t look he is there for reconciliation but rather that he was forced to as opposed don jazzy wey dey smile all the time whether go or bad

• Toes January 4, 2016 at 12:43 am

Haha, Olamide chickened out. Wussy. So much for having street cred.

• LOLS January 4, 2016 at 12:44 am

I’m betting this rather quick reconciliation albeit very welcome is as a result of the brands they both represent/endorsements. Obviously no beef is worth losing money over.

• Ene January 4, 2016 at 12:53 am

My dear If you believe the okada gist,Then you can believe anything. Didn’t Reekado banks build a house for hiss folks? And wasn’t his car windscreen broken when he went for a show in Unilag in August?So if he doesn’t have a car,how would his windscreen get damaged?

• Olori Tari January 4, 2016 at 1:11 am

LMAOOOOOO Olamide’s face = when an adult forces you to apologise for being rude and you know you HAVE to, if not you will not collect sweet. We understand and love you King Olamide ??

• Lol January 4, 2016 at 1:29 am

Men body language and facial expressions never lie. ??
    Its alright sha.

• Omo Wobe January 4, 2016 at 1:44 am

Even with the reconciliation, I still feel Reekado should take that car to the redemption camp for a deliverance session –the fear of african magic is the beginning of common sense……#leavefightforlasma#

• Karashika January 4, 2016 at 1:47 am

Me am not happy about this jor. see olamide ‘s face like stone and full of arrogance Smh . Waraeva!

• Psalm January 4, 2016 at 2:22 am

Tomorrow some will say Don Jazzy fakes his humility. Even at that, lots of strength and maturity is required to fake this sort of humility.

• Bayowilson January 4, 2016 at 2:55 am

But would they still release diss tracks? Mhen! dis reconciliation isn’t going down well with me o. It’s beef dat was behind Choc boi’s “NOBODY TEST ME” and it was one of the reasons I bought a new handset for my phone. Now, these guys just burst my bubble.

• Tunmi January 4, 2016 at 4:35 am

Why the assumption that Don Jazzy initiated the reconciliation?

• jay January 4, 2016 at 9:05 am

U cannot see picture? Olamide! Pompous fool. Stop screaming street abeg. I grew up in the street but I still exhibit decorum and respect.

• tee January 4, 2016 at 4:36 am

Don jazzy i respect you so much for this.

• Christian Sister January 4, 2016 at 6:36 am

DonJazzy forever stays bossing. Respect. And Egbon Olamide, its clear you’re not happy with this reconciliation. Childish much..grow up. And as for celebs that overdid it and started taking sides ( coughs in dj sp… and wc, and the rest), shame never catch you?

• December Wind January 4, 2016 at 6:42 am

The things that we have to let go for peace to reign though. …. well in this case , good music is the best revenge ! I’m not putting away my popcorn yet … This is the part of the movie where the suspense happens and have you wondering what’s next. … just relax, sip something and wait for the real action. . ( movie predictors, you can take your chances at this point, lol ) Happy new year guys

• Jenny January 4, 2016 at 7:30 am

To be honest(irrespective of whether the rest of Olamide’s fans support or not) It is very good that as Fans we try to be as unbiased as possible(we should give constructive criticism). The way and manner Olamide conducted himself on stage at The Headies showed his lack of professionalism and questioned his maturity in the in the industry and as a person. It is not everything that occurs that must be commented upon and till today I say that his initial comment was uncalled for because at the end of the day the Child that insulted his father because he beat him up will still come back to his senses and apologize recognizing that no matter what that is his father. I don’t know if its just me but sometimes I feel like fans blindly support their Favorites whether good or bad, You are a fan because you love and respect that artiste and it is your responsibility as fan to correct them when they go out of line and not hail them for doing wrong to get their attention on social media. At the end of the day Olamide accepted what he did was wrong. Fans that reigned insults on Don jazzy and his crew where are you now? probably preparing to get your ticket to the next Mavin event or listening to Dija’s new song! Please let us try to stand for what is right. Its funny how Don jazzy didn’t even reply his rant on Twitter. Now tell me who displayed more professionalism and proper conduct?

• Adah January 4, 2016 at 8:36 am

Stage managed. Who cares.

• iseemaths January 4, 2016 at 8:45 am

Olamide is swollen! Who pumped him like tire…. Don Jazzy please tuck in ya nose…. Instead of you to listen to the the sub for headies you perceived it and thought it was for you!!!! Good luck guys. Great moves making peace.

• Ama January 4, 2016 at 8:56 am

I have always been a huge fan of Olamide but was thoroughly disappointed at his display at the Headies. Curse on live TV? When you cursed iya everybody, mine wasn’t included o. And i say we are all responsible for his behaviour, This dude has the most lewd lyrics ever and we will be dancing to his songs anyhow. Cursing in songs is now very welcome. You can’t listen to most Olamide songs in the living room with a kid around and be comfortable. This street you shout now means madness (were)…abi? You are becoming arrogant, your EyanMayweather track attests to this. All your tweets had the F word and sadly, you represent 2 very big brands. To make matters worse Olamide took his beef beyond Don Jazzy to Johnnie Walker and forgot that he himself is a Guinness ambassador and that Diageo owns the Guinness brand. This is why our parents advise us to stay away from weed.

• mrs chidukane January 4, 2016 at 10:43 am

@Ama, lalolo! Lmao! Na the same company own am? Ewooo! Are you sure?

• sweet breeze January 4, 2016 at 9:37 am

All these sheeps shouting ”street take over” which street are you people taking over? Definitely not my street sha. Olamide threatened to har donjazzy if he enters mainland. Jazzy can like to go to the police. It’s unforshoenate that a thug like Olamide is one of Africa’s biggest acts. What an image

• hmmmmm ng January 4, 2016 at 9:42 am

And winner is Corporate Africa. Olamide please get use to playing by the rules your are a brand ambassador.

• jjjazz January 4, 2016 at 9:53 am

• IJS January 4, 2016 at 10:34 am

This is why don jazzy is full 6 yards of husband material.

• Prince January 4, 2016 at 10:34 am

In as much as I love Olamide so well, he went over the bar this time. and he talked as if he’s had Don Jazzy on mind since 1879.
    I love the way Don comport himself but in all this I’m happy that they’re back together. #UNITYISTHEKEY

• Eyin Omo Wobey January 4, 2016 at 11:21 am

Y’all mouthing off against d streets can’t handle d streets so pls leave Olamide alone. I don’t support his actions on stage but he apologized to we “his fans”. Those of you that talk about his lyrics,, obviously don’t hang out or go clubbing, the club jams majorly constitute the lewd lyrics, and dat is what sells. For those dat are messing about on Olamide’s facials expression, please tell me one picture of Olamide that you have seen him smile. I’m happy about the reconciliation and glad we can all move on from this.

A word from the Headies 2015 organising committee, can you please explain y u kept changing d date for the award ceremony? All we got where just shift in d dates and no explanation

• hezekina pollutina January 4, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Olamide, you are not from the Streets again, you are now Upper Middle Class. Deal with it! Someone from the Streets is coming to take over your Spot. So move on and show your People what the next step is….That is something you have to figure out your self, instead of flaunting your Survivors guilt. Don’t be a fool!

• OJ January 4, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Guy this your name get as be sef…this one even pass street name lol!!!

• Jahbro Mangut January 5, 2016 at 12:22 am

This two can never settel do you think the devil is a fool Abeg jooor they cant fool us …….their minds are all full of Evil.

• hope jude gregory January 6, 2016 at 7:30 pm

dem don chop belle food y dem 2 no go misbehave

• GudJohnson January 7, 2016 at 3:20 am

The fools would only be fooled by the wise!!! We all definetely knew the scores would be settled asap, don’t let us take to any sides whenever superstars engaged in clash…They making money on us so it’s ok….Kudos to both guys for maturity displayed in settling the disputes…..Plus well done Olamide at Guiness Ibadan…I wish i could have had the michrophone and repeat all he said from the Headies Night…..

• Steve January 7, 2016 at 10:58 pm

This headies sef… Same thing dey did previous year, awarding d nonsense to Sean tizzle instead of Burma boy… And u olamide, nobody blast u like dis wen dey gave u best rap album while majority of ur tracks na akpala. Headies na fake, dig DAT!

• Adebayo Usman January 8, 2016 at 12:27 pm

I am really happy wit d two guys bt fr OLAMIDE he has done d best he can by bringing a promising artiste bt for DON JAZZY he as also bring out best artiste in his industry bt we gv tanks to God fr settling the rift.#ome Luv YBNL

• Danny Mr.D January 11, 2016 at 9:42 am

Olamide ft Don jazzy….soon to drop

• cruz kelvin January 16, 2016 at 11:50 pm

most of ona dey talk nonsense.if na ona bro dem play dis ojoro against I bliv say ona go burst bottle. so Olamide did it 4 his loyal boy.lilkesh deserv dis award.he sang mor interesting songs dan reekardo.so judge fairly.Olamide na baddoo.e knw wetin make am dey vex.e b lyk say history 1 repeat itself.bcos d 1 wen happen 2 am neva still comot 4rm e mind.n nw dem dey do anoda 1 gv e loyal boy.guyz abeg make ona dey sincere.n rate btwn kesh n bank baze on track.even kiss Daniel deserv it mor dan bank.so badoo dey fyt 4 e loyal bro.emini baller.emini badoo.emini king.ola continue defending ur boyz.ur tru Fanz r behind u.1 love badoooooo