BN Collection to Closet: Bolanle Olukanni in Lisa Folawiyo

Hey fashion lovers!

We have another edition of BN Collection to Closet – the style feature where we show love to our African fashion designers by shining a light on those who #BuyAfrican.

Today we are having some fashion fun with media personality Bolanle Olukanni in Nigerian fashion brand – Lisa Folawiyo.

Bolanle BN Collection to Closet

Everyone loves the dynamic and uniqueness of Nigerian womenswear brand, Lisa Folawiyo.

We love how Lisa Folawiyo has pieces that are hard to miss. The fashion brand has been giving us year after year of fashion perfection that has caught the eye of international brands, celebrities and publications. She is without a doubt one of the biggest names in African fashion…and is showing no signs of slowing down.

While hosting the Moments Nigeria show with other fabulous ladies, Bolanle Olukanni was styled by Rhoda Ebun in a fabulous piece from the brand’s Autumn/Winter 2015 collection.

Bolanle Olukanni 1

Bolanle added a fun flair with her fiery red hair and she accessorized the with fab vibrant blue pumps.

Photo Credit: Rhoda Ebun (Instagram)

26 Comments on BN Collection to Closet: Bolanle Olukanni in Lisa Folawiyo
  • Annie February 10, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Nice one, and the blue shoe complementing…i like

• bruno February 10, 2016 at 1:30 pm

in my mind I was like damn she looks so good then I saw those electric blue shoes.

bolanle what is wrong with u? those shoes throw the whole look off. this could have been a huge hit but u just had to ruin it with those shoes.

this is not the first or second time ur accessories have ruined ur look. some few weeks ago u wore such a monstrous looking iron necklace on a beautiful dress.

atleast ur body looks good in the dress. let me guess, spanxs

• Olanma February 10, 2016 at 2:38 pm

You’re a pathetic hater, it sucks! You have such “loserish” behavior. Just so you know she’s not wearing spanx, she’s very skinny. You can never compliment someone without saying something stupid in the end.

• Tosin February 10, 2016 at 7:24 pm

i miss my bruno man. we should hang out sometime, kai, you’d really go to town on my blue-clogs-with-everything omggggg even i think that’s funny.

• Surely February 11, 2016 at 6:19 am

I agree. Shoes are terrible and they look inexpensive too. She just never gets it right.

• Mz Socially Awkward… February 10, 2016 at 1:49 pm

That’s a lovely dress. However, I really don’t like the colour of pumps Ms. Olukanni paired with it as they add more distraction to a somewhat busy piece (you’re not quite sure where your eyes should land… and the hair piles on even more additional colour but that might even have worked well without the blue shoes).

Really pretty lass, though.

• Elizabeth February 10, 2016 at 1:51 pm

You know what would be even better? If I could just click on the link and be forwarded to lisa folawiyo;s website, choose my size, make a purchase and sip my tea in excitement that my dress is en route .. hmm one day ,maybe they will join the eCommerce market…

• Leah February 10, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Lisa be like “my clothes are too exclusive”.

• Great Lady February 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Bolinto is a very beautiful woman. She looks really good, asides those blue shoes.

• Laura February 10, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I love the shoes. It adds colour to the dress.

• bee February 10, 2016 at 2:44 pm

i love those shoes. even though it doesnt go well with the whole outfit

• Uber bella February 10, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Love the dress on Bolanle. Not sure about the shoes

• Half God… Half Goddess February 10, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Hair, no.
    Shoes, no.
    Dress yes.
    I’m of the old school.
    The one that believes that there should be one focal point on your dressing and every other thing (accessory) DRAWS your attention TO it.
    NOT away.

• Shawny February 10, 2016 at 6:01 pm

The dress is lovely. All of you saying the shoes and everything else wasn’t good enough with the Jewel by Lisa piece should direct the tirade to her STYLIST. The Rhoda cannot style to save her life, at least there should be a different interpretation to what what given to you. Being able to collect several racks of clothing from several fashion designers doesn’t make you a stylist. Anyway no job for naija available so all na hustle. Bolanle is beautiful with a banging body. That definitely saved the overall look.

• Belema February 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm

“Anyway no job for naija available so all na hustle. ” Some of you talk like confirmed douchebags. Like for real. Smh at your shallow and petty brain.

• Sisi J February 10, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I cant believe the negative comments about her pairing this shoes with the dress. In my opinion, the combination is tres chic ad youthful, completes the whole look refreshingly.

Some of you ppl and your comments. *side eye*

• Tosin February 10, 2016 at 7:25 pm

i sort of agree. rules are made to be broken. right?

• Half God…. Half Goddess February 10, 2016 at 7:57 pm

It’s never that serious dahlin,
      it’s called having a ‘difference of opinion’.

Do you go through life agreeing with everything you see?

• Half God…. Half Goddess February 10, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Oh Sisi J, that was for you.

• olakunbi February 10, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Bolanle babe u look gud don’t mind d oversabi ppl..

• Lorenz February 10, 2016 at 10:11 pm

There’s nothing wrong with those shoes. I think the shoes and the red hair (Not like it was really red sef) gave an already beautiful dress an even nicer look. You see the same dress on the other lady? It looks beautiful too, but can you wear peep-toes everywhere?

• Sell by date… February 10, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Peep toes? Seriously?
      Those ‘ giringori slippas’ the model is wearing??? Please chil’.

• SugaMama February 11, 2016 at 12:23 am

Look how skinny Bolanle is now! O.M.G. I need to know what she is doing.

• Lahytan February 11, 2016 at 10:02 am

I think the shoe gave the dress more colour otherwise, it would have been drab. I definitely wont rock it like the model but maybe Bolanle’s hair colour didnt do much justice. Overall, i would rather Bolanle’s than the Model.

• kenneth February 11, 2016 at 11:42 am