Flavour Enugu Church of God Mission_BellaNaija_February 2016This is a lesson to never forget where you’re from and the people who helped you on your journey! Flavour donated musical instruments to the church in Enugu where he used to play. He encouraged others and says he is thankful to now be in the position where he can give back.

#TGIF there’s always something to be thankful for!

I thank God for putting me in a position to touch lives positively with my music. As you know the road to success is never ever easy, yet with faith, hope, determination and resilience it really is possible to achieve your dreams, goals and ambitions.

It was a pleasure going to thanksgiving service at my church, Church of God Mission in Enugu; where my love and passion for music grew from here. I’m grateful that I can now show and extend my gratitude to my church community.”

– Flavour of Africa #Thankful

43 Comments on Flavour Donates Musical Instruments to the Church in Enugu Where he Used to Play
  • naya February 27, 2016 at 11:45 am

My prob here is that the Pastor gladly collected d instruments cos it is from flavour, My question is if it was a notorious armed robber will d pastor collect all dis from d person? I just feel d church should have a standard, I was reading d other day dat chidinmas church stopped her from singing in d choir,Y? Am sure it is cos they know u cant put one leg in d world and one leg in d kingdom uve got to choose one side. Now a young child in dat congregation who knows flavour,listen to his songs and also knows his lifestyle will think it is cool to be like dat when he grows up cos his pastor seems cool with it, I also ed dat pastor oyedepo told dbanj not all success is from God during a thanksgiving service, I just feel pastors should start putting pple in there place cos God is no respecter of any person.
    Anywais, it is nice that he thought abt his beginning☺ and I am not judging more like *thinking out loud*

• naya February 27, 2016 at 11:49 am

His shirt tho, how does he breathe?

• Le coco February 27, 2016 at 2:06 pm

haha.. thts wht I was thinking too.. ddnt hw have a lose shirt. or wear native… Haha

• ATL’s finest February 27, 2016 at 3:32 pm

@ Naya lmao.. He stays on that gay skinny, tight ass shirts

• GuluBabe March 1, 2016 at 10:07 am

He breathes in and out just like any other human being

• Puzzles February 27, 2016 at 2:15 pm

My dear, in modern day Nigeria, if a notorious armed robber donated money to a church, the pastor will gladly collect it and give him position sef.

It is happening everyday, After all the “Christian” politicians (the thieves among them) pay tithes or donate to their churches. Which church have you heard that rejected a politician’s donation, even when it is common knowledge that they are ill-gotten wealth?

• Nnomsie March 1, 2016 at 11:38 am

The Catholic Priest in Nigerian Movies

• nene+ February 27, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I haven’t read where Jesus turndown unbeliveres, he as a matter of fact welcome them! Don’t be surprised Flavour is less of a sinner than naya or nene+!!!

That I pretend to be born again and the fact that I don’t sing ikwokirikwo doesn’t mean I am better than Flavour! Isreal Houghton just confessed of infidelity abi?
      All Flavour needs to do is do cleaner music like the adamma’s etc.

The Pastor has no reason to decline his gift at all! You shall in no wise cast out those who come to you!

• Lol February 27, 2016 at 4:54 pm

so nene+ can apply common sense like this? Looool

• nnenne February 27, 2016 at 6:11 pm

You read my mind.
        If you turn sinners away ( am one too), when will you have the opportunity to preach to them?
        Note, although the Catholic Church is against gay relationships, they don’t stop them from coming to church.

• madi February 27, 2016 at 2:56 pm

you get time to write sha!!! but i get you though!!!

• Amaka February 27, 2016 at 10:03 pm

God wants you to use the gift he has given you for His glory. They all belong to Him, we all should have observed the fact that dead people take nothing away. God is no respecter of persons. Give your whole self to Him not just money. That is what we call worship and honour.

• Cece February 28, 2016 at 12:04 am

Did you mean Bishop Oyedepo who flew on Jets? Is that success from God? Sometimes people actually speak about themselves to teach others.

• Abz February 29, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Are you stupid or are you just so stupid? How does being a secular musician equate to being an armed robber?

• Glory February 27, 2016 at 11:50 am

Oga Charity begins at home, abeg go and touch Anna banner’s life

• Mohammad February 27, 2016 at 11:55 am

He already did! Fiam! ?

• The K February 27, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Hahaha. As in “magic touch “

• Le coco February 27, 2016 at 2:06 pm

mohammed you r wicked.. LWKMD.. I JUST DROPPED !! HAHA

• Tee February 27, 2016 at 12:31 pm

what ! more instruments to make bigger and louder noise in the neighborhood, why? what about helping people in need ? this is just playing to the gallery ! chai my people.

• Missy J February 27, 2016 at 12:38 pm

This world sef… after reading the headline and write up from BN which I found exciting I carried that excitement over to BN comment section and the comments just weakened me. Lol.
    Two opposite angles.
    At least Flavour didn’t forget where he came from in the end.

• Lagos is my Home February 27, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Missy J… you need to see me reading these comments with my mouth wide opened. I am so surprised at the comments and totally expected praise . Na wa oooo , nothing is good enough anymore. .
      When did we become a people who only see negativity

• Tosin February 27, 2016 at 7:24 pm

me three.
      Flavour gives freely and often. <3

• Chinedu February 27, 2016 at 12:43 pm

So this man that made two women single mothers is now a role model. The pastor also sanctioned this? If this was a woman with two kids by two different men would they even promote this. Na wa for Africa and its hypocrisy and dou

• Md February 28, 2016 at 5:22 am

Only if the woman is as rich as well, the church do not give a damn unless you have money.meanwhile, I do not see anything wrong with flavor donating to the church..BN is full of frustrated hypocrites

• glory February 27, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Pls hw does dis guys music touch lives 4 crying out loud? Favour does nt ve a christain background @ all, his music is taking de people back to de world. Pst pls tell member de true. Am nt jugding him but just ve to say de true .

• Cindy February 27, 2016 at 1:36 pm

I’m not comfortable with this but it’s not my call ?

• Tee February 27, 2016 at 2:01 pm

@naya, God bless you for the comment o as my mouth no gree talk am for hia. Anyway, his shirt is who he is naa. Money no fit buy some kind things,hhhhhmmmmmm!

• prince February 27, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Like someone said, I aint judging either but the church must take a stand. Flavours lifestyle is not a good one and we all know that, my question is why would the pastor collect the instruments and goes ahead to appreciate and pray for him.
    I’m not judging but I don’t think its right.

• AfriDeo February 27, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Nabania gud one there frm you.

Meanwhile #AfriDeo a new Nigerian internet TV for viewers of local news and entertainment

• Cookie February 27, 2016 at 3:27 pm

You are mean, kai!

• Miss shee February 27, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Whose lifestyle amongst us all is good. Yet, we drop offerings in church. Afterall, he brought to God and not us or the pastor. Is the pastor taking them to is house.

• nene February 27, 2016 at 3:54 pm

i don’t think there’s anything wrong in collecting the instruments. it’s not like theory made him a deacon or something. if it serves their church better, then it’s glorifying God, not flavour’s wealth or fame

• mabel February 27, 2016 at 8:07 pm

That’s his offering to God now. Are you God? Were you there when he prayed to God concerning this? Why are people like this sef?

• Cooldown February 27, 2016 at 10:16 pm

We are very quick to condemn….pls do you know the state of Flavour’s heart. Do you know what the pastor told him afterwards. Flavour nice one …very nice one …giving back to your local church. I might not be in support of the lyrics in your songs or your way of life but I am not perfect myself so who am I to judge you ….let them without sin cast the first stone. Tell me there is no time when you dropped offerings in church with a sinful heart. I find it difficult to comprehend : how a country with the most sanctimonious people in the world is still one of the most corrupt nations of the world…abeg make Una go sleep …only if God decided to reveal your closets to us..all mouths go open…same reason why girls will prefer to abort (take away a life) than face being ostracized by the hollies ….Our God is a God of Second chance …Read up Jesus encounter with the adulterous woman..He didn’t condemn her biko…

• BAHAHAHA February 28, 2016 at 2:43 am

If person give money, resources, time, skills or goods/products = big yawa
    If person no give = big yawa. Mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

• Chidi February 28, 2016 at 3:26 am

I feel sorry for this situation. A real church/ man of God should feel convicted in receiving any gift from flavour as he is busy winning souls for hell.

• Amebor February 28, 2016 at 4:21 am

No one is judging Flavour but let there be standards in all we do. If you are a church, uphold godly standards. If you are a club, then hold club standards. It is an insult to God to collect donated instruments that have been used to leads souls to hellfire, promote fornication and sexual immorality and all things against God in every way manner and form. You do not collect such. Not all gifts are to be collected. One should be led by the Holy Spirit always. These instruments are polluted and each time they are used, it pollutes the spiritual atmosphere of the church. And then you ask him to kneel down, and pray that God should bless the work of his hands. God forbid.

• nkem February 28, 2016 at 4:37 pm

You started in the Church and all you can sing now is ukwu sara mbara. Waist this, waist that. Is that what they taught you in that Church? Nice you remembered them.

• estha February 28, 2016 at 5:11 pm

va de l’avant Flavour et ne t’occupe pas des jaloux, ils sont peu nombreux. un adage chez nous au Cameroun dit qu’on ne maudit pas ce qui est béni. tu es béni et continue à nous faire plaisir.

• Chu February 29, 2016 at 1:18 pm

No I don’t think the church should collect those instruments, no need trying to stay on the fence or be nice. As someone said those instruments have been used to glorify the devil, now its being used to glorify God.
    God is taken so much for granted in the world we live in now. Its a shame to watch all this.

• Gracie February 29, 2016 at 1:44 pm

cece,are you saying that flying on jets is some kind of sinful act?

• pero March 9, 2016 at 11:32 pm

make una leave God to judge who is bad and who is good .EDU no mind them u try jaraa.God will bless u .if any body no like am make d person go ask Baba God why?