Ciara Russell Wilson

Music star Ciara and her Seattle Seahawks quarterback boyfriend Russell Wilson have been very open about the fact that they are abstaining from sex in their relationship.

The two started dating in April 2015 and they revealed in July 2015 that they were practicing abstinence.

Back then, in an interview with San Diego pastor Miles McPherson, Russell Wilson said “I need you to pray for us. I know y’all have seen her on the screen. If there’s a 10, she’s a 15.”

Now in a chat with Cosmopolitan magazine, Ciara is also opening up about their struggles with abstinence.

She said:

It’s going pretty good. We’re hanging in there. I’m not gonna lie. I’m human, so it is not easy, especially when I look at him and I think he is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen — that I’ve ever laid my eyes on, to be honest. I’m like, Look the other way! Look the other way! But he’s such an awesome guy and the cool thing is that every day, we’re growing with each other. We get to have really healthy conversations and focus on each other as people. That is very important to me and him. It’s very valuable. We’re just enjoying ourselves and going one day at a time and praying and staying positive. Being strong here!

She also opened up on what they are allowed to do.

You get to hug and you get to have a nice good kiss, but you have to be careful not to go too far so you don’t end up in the place you’re trying to avoid being in. Strong, strong, strong, strong! Just the strongest resistance to temptation.

Photo Credit:

27 Comments on “I’m not gonna lie…I’m human, So it is not easy” Ciara opens up on Abstinence with Russell Wilson
  • jhennique February 12, 2016 at 7:54 am

Wow! I know some chewing gum boys that will not even pray with or for you. All they do is ask ask ask and take take take then they drain you dry and leave you for someone else.

I’m happy she is in a happy place.
    Dear God, protect your children from fools. Amen

• kk February 12, 2016 at 9:19 am

They ask ask ask and take take take cos you give give give. You can still say NO!

• jhennique February 12, 2016 at 10:15 am

Oh but nobody said there was any giving. That you wont give doesnt mean people still wont ask

• keke driver February 12, 2016 at 8:36 am

Hmmmmmm abstinence is good o, but…………..!

• Samwell February 12, 2016 at 9:02 am

Has this idiot ever heard of a thing called a FRIENDZONE! I mean he is just a retard thinking he can remend this B****! But even her wording says it all she thinks this is stupid. 6 months down the line having you inside her will be like having her brother!

I mean he has just given her a ticket to return to that lousy nigga FUTURE! Coz anything is gonna be better than this. if there is ever a time to break a rule or hangout with the rule breakers. It’s This time! Funny how God works this thing out!!

Money makes you do dumb things sometimes.

There is a definate rule written about this in a book somewhere. “Can’t turn a HO, into a house wife!” — You cuff / they smash.

• Beht why February 12, 2016 at 2:27 pm

What is she saying and what are you saying please? Biko chill..

• Samwell February 12, 2016 at 6:22 pm

All am saying u get u a ‘girl’ like Ciara. She’s not for playing ‘pastor & Nun ‘ with. She is for getting down with the get down kind of girl and whole lot of it. Coz her track record speaks for her kindly. She a high testestorone kind of Girl….ain’t no shame! She likes what she Likes. I mean a good boy is Funn as much as the next man UNTILL he starts trying to fix what doesn’t need fixing!

• Ivy February 12, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Lol, but.. but.. you’re not making sense.
      Receive sense!!! Amen

• Watu Say February 12, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Bruh, look up studies on PubMed, Psychology Journals for longevity in relationships for those who abstain from having intimate relations prior to commitment versus those who engage in intimate relations before commitment. You may just change your mind.Good, lasting relationships require a lot more than physical intimacy, (stress the word lasting)

Plus, i respect her for trying another approach with this new relationship. Her last relationship was a disaster, after all, you cant keep doing the same thing and expect different results, wouldn’t that be considered psychotic? #justsayingo#abegmakeunanoabusemeo#juststatingmyopinion#ifearbellanaijacommenters

• Samwell February 12, 2016 at 6:28 pm

U kno wat u need for longevity in a relationship Bruh, mutual restecpa! I mean respect!

Abstinence is a way to ruin the body my friend, believe me. It’s an idiotic thing to do. In the sense idiots do it. like monks who set themselves on fire peaceful purposes!

• Keke driver February 13, 2016 at 1:13 pm

S H UT T H E H E L L U P

• Chi! February 12, 2016 at 9:03 am

Awesome! I love dis! may God’s grace c u both thru. Russell Wilson is exactly d kind of man I want n I need. bless me Jesus.

• Kathy d ❤Dr February 12, 2016 at 9:07 am

Oh Ciara tell me about it. I’m going through it & I really commend U. It ain’t easy but with God, all things are possible. I don’t have any regrets for my decision, so Ciara u ain’t alone. Ms. Good did it, so u can fulfill it. I believe in second Chances & God gave me another. I don’t owe anyone explanation for my acts or decision for I, have found peace within my self. Thanks to God im been called to the God’s office on the last day & not a man’s office. Hang in there Ciara & with prays, U can conquer it ALL. #Selfworth&doingitRIGHT# ??????

• kk February 12, 2016 at 9:23 am

With determination for the right reasons and God,nothing is impossible. #strongwomen#

• Samwell February 12, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Thank you dear, thank you for sharing ur story with ius. So we can get an insight in the waves of thought that r going on in this people’s minds.

I think key phrase in all o dat is:

“It ain’t easy but with God, all things are possible. I don’t have any regrets for my decision……..I believe in second Chances & God gave me another.”

Abstinence before a relationship is Gud whilst ur crushing on the girl…but if the feelings are there and u wer both sexually active before if u don’t serve the feelings they’ll just dry out or move to other people who can guarantee sex…..that’s how it works. So when ur ready it ain’t like the first time u got laid, rather it comes out like nut number after 7. Just lame! Most likely the girl wud have lost interest long before this and cheated on u the account it’s plain stupid.

My story: I married a girl who slept with over 200 men! I never thot that wud be possible even for me. But I don’t judge her coz the truth is IV slept with over 100 women before her. It was at a different time / different circumstances. When she meets her x’s I don’t care coz am f****g her now…..and I know she respects me!

Now imagine if I told a girl like that let’s practice abstinence …. That’s like telling a race dog to sit still all day. It’s just an idiotic thing u SHUDNT do. She is who she is and she DDNT sleep with those 200 men by accident she likes what she likes. There is nothing in my power I can do to change her! So why change her….

• Lis February 12, 2016 at 9:15 am

#the wait! Abstenance is IN!!! Glory!!… the world will right it’s self… the children of God Are shining brightly… In music, sports… etc… the darkness cannot comprehend this

• the other Ebere February 12, 2016 at 10:00 am

I can relate. I was celibate for 5 years before I eventually got married to my husband who had been celibate for 7 years. It’s not an easy road to travel but it’s worth it. Gives you the opportunity to weed out useless guys and relationships and enjoying getting to know someone, have great conversations, enjoy each others company without all the complications that sex brings. But,… hmmm it’s not easy o… sometimes you just want to dig innn.

• ElessarisElendil February 12, 2016 at 10:12 am

Too much information. Poor Russel, his team mates will destroy him in the locker room.

• Mz Socially Awkward…. February 12, 2016 at 11:19 am

I’m curiously wondering why it’ll be enough ammunition for his team mates to destroy him? Only boys walk around with the misconception that they must prove their manhood to themselves and the universe by laying every female who stumbles across their path.

Any man or woman who makes a conscious decision to apply restraint over themselves (whether with regard to their love of food/sex/money or their anger, Etc), is person to be respected & if less-discerning/knuckle-headed team mates can’t process the reasons why, I don’t think Russell has anything to worry about.

• ElessarisElendil February 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Its something boarding school boys or men in sports will understand. Still too much information.

• Max February 12, 2016 at 10:24 am

What are they doing?it longer makes sense to me,they have been dating since April 2015 and been celibate since then,while don’t they just get married and leave all this their preaching,for how long do they want to be celibate before saying I do?

• Sugar February 12, 2016 at 10:27 am

When people abstain and still do oral sex and kisses. Is that still abstinence? I know a lot of people say ohhh we’re not having sex but they do every other thing behind closed doors.

• X-Factor February 12, 2016 at 11:12 am

• Chinelc February 12, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Who is this?

• Udegbunam Chukwudi February 12, 2016 at 12:38 pm

ko easy oh! The sex had berra be so worth the wait