Meet your Hosts for 2016 AMVCAs – Ik Osakioduwa & Minne Dlamini!

The countdown to the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards has begun!

Africa Magic and MultiChoice in association with Amstel Malta, have announced the two hosts for the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCAs). The multi-talented, fan-favourite IK Osakioduwa returns to host the awards for a fourth time and he will be joined by a new co-host, Minenhle ‘Minnie’ Dlamini.

Ik Osakioduwa and Minnie Dlamini

Ik Osakioduwa and Minnie Dlamini

Regarded as the hottest woman on South African television, Minnie, is an actress, TV presenter, radio DJ, Brand Ambassador, MC and Fashionista. Minnie broke into prominence in 2010 when she beat thousands of hopefuls in the nationwide search for a young and sassy presenter for one of South Africa’s biggest music shows. Within months, Minnie also landed a role as the sassy Miranda on the popular soap Generations, a role which opened her up to a bigger, Pan-African audience.

Minnie Dlamini

The Director, M-Net West Africa, Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, said: “We are excited to present Minnie as the co-host of the 2016 edition of the AMVCAs. She joins an elite group of people who have hosted the most prestigious celebration of film and television talent in Africa. Minnie brings to the stage excitement, fun, intensity and wit; her pairing with IK guarantees a great show and there’s no doubt that our viewers are in for a great time.”

The 2016 AMVCAs is set to hold on the 5th of March, 2016 and Minnie will take the stage alongside IK to present the 4th edition of the AMVCAs to viewers across Africa and the rest of the world. The AMVCAs will be broadcast live on all Africa Magic channels on DStv and GOtv.

For more information on the AMVCAs and Africa Magic programming, please visit

30 Comments on Meet your Hosts for 2016 AMVCAs – Ik Osakioduwa & Minne Dlamini!
  • Jenny February 10, 2016 at 10:55 am

Stunning photo but here is why I cannot stand the entertainment industry..Thats a married man this pretty girl is taking such a photo with…he is holding her waist and she is holding his neck!
    Well call me what you want but in this day and age where people even sex chat, one has to be extra VIGILANT!!!
    BN pls post my comment o 🙂

• Nuna February 10, 2016 at 11:33 am

But what is wrong with the picture? Jeez! Peeps be reading unnecessary meanings into everything

• Babycakes February 10, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I guess you won’t be disturbed if she wasn’t so pretty. Lol. Pretty girls stay winning. Cheers

• Noname February 10, 2016 at 12:41 pm

LMFAO @Jenny. You have a dirty one track mind. Entertainment industry fa? Then don’t watch movies where they kiss and have sex and don’t watch Miley Cyrus gyrating/twerking with Robin Thicke. Get your head out of the gutter. Ik that is so playful, friendly and nice. Nothing stuffy about the guy. His wife is the same. It’s just a picture. Say cheese! Act over!!!

• JennysNurse February 10, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Abeg go and take your medication this morning and stop distracting and disturbing everybody with your nonsensical pior pior pior.

Nut case – mschewwwwwwwww

• Abbey February 10, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Jeez! It’s just waist and neck. Confused!

• Babe February 10, 2016 at 11:39 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• Twinkle February 10, 2016 at 11:12 am

i dont know this chic, never even heard her speak BUT i prefer her to Vimbai…that chic always did my head in! + i almost thought IK had remarried o, this picture is too pretty.

• keke driver February 10, 2016 at 11:14 am

Na wa o, so a married man cannot take an INNOCENT picture with a woman again all because He’s married? It’s not like they are half naked….Abegi.

• george February 10, 2016 at 11:32 am

yah!! cant wait for this years edition .mimmie is great, seen her do her thing before (on the WILD SERIES) and a great host aswell

• GY February 10, 2016 at 11:39 am

A big shout to photographer that shot this pictures, the background is awesome..

• Moyo February 10, 2016 at 11:48 am

Lol. I couldn’t help myself ,@jenny her hand is actually resting on his shoulder, she is not holding his neck. Haba. LWKMD.

• Feyi February 10, 2016 at 11:57 am

@Jenny, boy your comment actually got me choking with laughter! Damn! It’s your type parents are advised not to leave their female toddlers with! Perv.

• jd February 10, 2016 at 12:26 pm

amazing photo. but please IK is married with kids, and im not comfortable with the posture. you would thing shes his wife with this sorta pose.
    Olohi…you are a strong woman, cos my heart would skip at the sight of this. except I trust my man, but even tho , girls of now adays they bring it all on your face!

• Ene February 10, 2016 at 12:29 pm

What was/is wrong with Vimbai?

• Shandi February 10, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Nothing, she’s exceptional but they can’t be using the same set of people every time. I’m happy Vimbia and Osas are replaced this time even though I love them.

• tish February 11, 2016 at 5:56 pm

So why doesn’t that apply to IK? Can’t he be replaced?

• Bey February 10, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Ik Ik the way you are always rubbing on women ehnnn and even ur comments abt ladies body parts etc when you host BBA. Your wife is really trying. I for one, I’m a very jealous person, I’m not sure I can take d way Ik is always drooling over women, I know it’s his job, but Mba my own jealousy can’t take it. Seeing that shiny wedding ring on his finger while holding Mimi’s waist looks all shade of akward to me.

• Nonye February 10, 2016 at 1:02 pm

That is why you are not his wife. He chose a woman who understands him and his passion/career. Una dey take melecine for another person headache. Chai!

• beauty February 10, 2016 at 12:44 pm

The on-screen chemistry between Vimbai and Ik was quite amazing, they clicked and I was looking forward to seeing them together. Vimbai surely knows her onions!

• Le coco February 10, 2016 at 1:53 pm

i love Minnie.. I am happy she is moving on from pettiness and bitterness… that your boyfriend is doing you WRONG… Nd u that say you are a Virgin do not need such a terrible person like that in ur life… you are so much more than he makes you think… I have watched you on so many tv shows.. and you are very talented and intelligent…keep up the good work ngwanaka ke a le rata ka lerato la ga jeso..

• MsTiLii February 10, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Yaayyyyyyyy I love me some Minnie Dlamini 🙂
    The most gorgeous celebrity every (at least in my opinion)
    SHe hosted the BET International in Hollywood Excellent and I have no doubt she will do justice for this one. Stunning Gorgeous @MinnieDlamini. love her to bits. Great tv host – they couldnt have made a better choice. I hope more doors open continue to open for her

• MsTiLii February 10, 2016 at 3:10 pm

typo **ever** not every 🙂

• Ama February 10, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Madam, Le Coco. must you bring her family history to this forum actually? I don’t understand some poeple, they pretend like they are advising you while in actual fact they are trying to embarrass you. Abegi!

• Yinka February 10, 2016 at 7:59 pm

And that’s how the media deceives people. Ik is definitely not the nice guy he makes himself out to be, I worked backstage at previous AMVCAs and I saw how he tried to make Vimbai look stupid. He comes across as very friendly but underneath that facade is an insecure guy who’l do anything to keep his place in the industry. Let Madame Wangi herself tell us why IK and Oc Ukeje keep getting huge favours than anyone else. Hypocrites they all are.

• molly February 10, 2016 at 8:21 pm

The moment I saw her on the E! Special, I knew she’s host the next AM.CA’s. The ladies are almost always replaced. IK no get replacement?

• Oluwatosin February 10, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Waoh! The way things happen in this world! I am currently in Jo’Burg at the moment and I was shown this lady’s IG page yesterday. She is one of the biggest stars in SA right now. Go girl! Congrats!

• Manuel February 11, 2016 at 1:36 am

That’s gonna be interesting….love the lady’s profile, hope she makes difference in the upcoming event

• PIZZLE February 11, 2016 at 9:28 am

• adelegirl February 11, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Congratulations to them on the gig. IK should please not make inappropriate comments about his co-hosts’ physical attributes. He almost always comes across as a lecherous old man. Very cringe-inducing!