Tara Fela-Durotoye shares a Game-Changing Moment on “King Women” | Watch!

Kemi Adetiba‘s “King Women” series is shaping up to be a must watch! In the latest leaser, this time from an episode featuring Tara Fela-Durotoye of House of Tara; Tara shares a game changing moment in her business journey.

While she was still an emerging entrepreneur, she had a meeting with a bank MD, the bank MD was impressed by the discipline and consistency in her business accounts. She had gone in for the meeting, hoping to get a N500,000 loan.

In the course of the meeting, she ended up requesting for a N40 Million loan and she basically got it!

Watch.

7 Comments on Tara Fela-Durotoye shares a Game-Changing Moment on “King Women” | Watch!
  • Aprillaugh.net February 21, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Kemi kills it all the time, can this show start already?!! I can’t wait to watch all the episodes! This particular one reminds me of when I was offered a job and the MD asked for what salary I wanted. Even though I was earning 30k at that point and I’ve had people tell me no one would offer me more because of my certification at that point and because I didn’t go to school abroad I knew my worth and just waiting for that breakthrough! I told the MD if he pays me 1m, it’ll be awesome- he had a laugh but guess what, I was offered 10times more than I was earning and my story changed forever. I wrote the story on my blog. I didn’t even apply for the job but they found my CV …you need to read my story! When you know your worth, and you know the Lord, it doesn’t matter how long it’s going to take for Him to change your story- He’s going to do it! Stay focused! Happy Sunday!!!

• tinu February 21, 2016 at 5:16 pm

@April pls share your story

• Different Shades of Nigerian February 22, 2016 at 3:28 am

Who runs the world? GIRLS!!! I cannot wait

• Proud Queens February 22, 2016 at 6:49 am

Great work, Kemi. It’s looking really good..

Web series or TV series?

One other comment:
    The name, though.. King women? Women are Queens and proudly so too. The women you’ve shown so far are Queens and tell the whole world so. This constant need to be called by men terminologies, is very confusing. We are proud Queens who are over achievers and we own our Queenhood. We’re not King women.

• Adelaide February 22, 2016 at 11:05 am

I feel you my nickname is Quing which is a combination of Queen and King, and my sis said be a Queen and a Queen proudly only

• Olanna&Odenigbo February 22, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Very insightful comment, ….we embrace being called king, cos after all our efforts to be hailed as women in our own rights, we still subconciously accept that a king is the ultimate, and so some women will fight to be kings, even Beyonce simply cos they dont feel confident enough to stand in their Queen-dom… sad but true. I’ve never understood d need for embracing male identities as a female… Be confident in your womanliness and all the strength it requires to be a great one.

• Chu February 22, 2016 at 3:14 pm

I think the reason for calling king women, is stating that they got tow here they are regardless of gender. I personally do not understand why a woman should be fighting for recognition or special slots like they are disabled or something. We all bring what we have to the table and excel because of it weather we are male or female.
      I bought my baby girl a Lion King onesie that had born to be king on it and hubby didn’t like it, he wants her to be all frilly and girly, but I want my daughter to grow believing the world is her oyster and not be subjugated to some terms as a female. I hope she interviews Ibukun Awosika and Folasade alakija, those are some types of king women.