Ese Oruru is 5 Months Pregnant

ESE-ORUSUEse Oruru, who was allegedly  abducted by Yunusa Yellow but rescued by the Police in Kano, has been discovered to be about 5 months pregnant.

The 14 year old arrived from Kano on Tuesday,  it was gathered that the dress she wore on her arrival from Kano on Tuesday, was used to cover her protruding pregnant belly.

According to Vanguard,

… it was the condition in which Police authorities discovered about Ese that informed the IGP, Solomon Arase’s directive that she should be handed over to the Gender and Child Protection Unit and later, a team from the Medical Department of the Force to carry out a comprehensive medical examination of the girl-child at the Police Medical Facility in Area 1, Garki.

Upon certifying her medical status and emotional state, Vanguard gathered that the Inspector General of Police feeling uncomfortable with the transport arrangement of the mother that they return by road, cancelled the arrangement and directed that both Ese and her mother be flown to Yenegoa by air.

Meanwhile, the IGP has directed the Bayelsa State Police Command to take over investigation in the child violence offense saga because according to sources, the offense was committed in Bayelsa which is the place of residence of the abductor, Yunusa Dahiru.

Bayelsa State Governor Seriacke Dickson, has also said he would like to meet Ese.

Source: Vanguard

41 Comments on Ese Oruru is 5 Months Pregnant
  • seyi March 3, 2016 at 1:07 pm

This is very sad. God please deliver this girl. These northerners ehn. Chai. Where do her parents want to start from. God!!

• ATL’s finest March 3, 2016 at 2:33 pm

@ Seyi I’m telling. I’m so disguised by this news, I mean she’s ONLY 14 for crying out Loud jeez! If person talk na, them go say tribalism is blah blah. C’mon this mess GATS to stop in Nigeria esp. In the Northern part of Nigeria – let me hear one person say ‘respect their culture’. One thing I know is there’s a place for wicked souls & it’s definitely not a nice place to be .

• Say it as it is March 3, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Pls how old is your president and how old is his wife? At least 34-35 older than her, that’s the age they told us anyway. Well to my APC supporters, as I’m typing this and shaking my head. I was never against a change of power, I was against the person APC chose. Do you think this little girls case looks like a shock to them the way you all feel? Well my answer is no. You all getting along with world, good education, civilization etc, but some of your northern brothers and sisters aren’t. As a matter of fact they ve no business with civilization and you all at this age and time handed power to an aged man like that who married Aisha old enough to be her daughter power thinking cases like this will be taking care of? Well wake up Nigerians and face the change you all voted for. All the way to balyelsa to Kano ? For 6 months? Lord Jesus! Now I see the reason why Biafrans calls Nigeria Zoo. Let me see how this will end! Let me see their purnishment starting from stupid emir … We are all waiting! We actually ve nothing in common with this people. Their reasonings, their belief, their way of life, their upbringing etc. APC supporters call your sai baba cos this is beyond police and Army case!

• kbaba March 4, 2016 at 6:05 am

Buhari’s wife was above 18 years when she got married to Buhari. The age difference does not matter at all.

• Busarni March 3, 2016 at 1:07 pm

And our Nigerian police is denying that she is not pregnant. Saying they are not medical officers and as such can’t say anything on that. Only in Nigeria , will yunusa still be shielded from the public .
    At the end of the day ; the matter will be swept under the carpet . At best after two months the noise will go down, yunusa is released and life goes on.
    Northerners be feeling they are above the law in this country ; Fulani herdsmen rendering communities homeless and our daura dullard doesn’t see it right to call his siblings to order .
    Chanjiii indeed….

• Jenny March 3, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I can throw up just reading this…I hope he hasn’t given her an STD or even HIV!!!
    What sort of nonsense is this for crying out Loud!!! 🙁
    poor girl

• prince March 3, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I want to believe that Justice will be done. That bastard shouldn’t be left in the midst of people. These northerners are animals, I don’t know how we came to be in the same country. They are not suppose to be among us.
    Look at what those idiots did to the people of Agatu in Benue State and up till this moment our very own President has done nothing.
    I can never cast my vote for a Northerner ever again

• CeeJay March 3, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Na wah ooo

• imustdropacomment March 3, 2016 at 1:43 pm

not trying to be nasty or unsympathetic toward her cause but i see a case of YOUR MOTHER SPOKE TO YOU, YOUR FATHER SPOKE TO YOU YET YOU DID NOT LISTEN… young ladies…i mean little girls should live their lives as such…like they are little girls… see the mess she is in….a mess that will follow her, if she allows it, for the rest of her life.

i just hope and pray she and her family can move past this point and make a better life for her and the unborn child.

• Clarify March 3, 2016 at 2:29 pm

In this situation the responsibility is on the adult not to groom and mislead a child. The Child is a Child full stop. She should never be exploited by an adult. I hope we get our laws and mindset right.

• Regina March 3, 2016 at 2:49 pm

She is a CHILD taken advantage of an ADULT. None of this is her fault. It is our collective fault for constantly teaching the men in our society North and South, that they have a right to have sex with whomever they want with no consequences. All they have to do is marry her and everything will be alright. And then people like you shame the child for doing nothing wrong but being female.

• Californiabawlar March 3, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Go and read the interview excerpt (I’m sure BN) will post it soon, but she was a normal 13year old girl in the SU, selling food for her mum and ‘playing’ with their customers.
      I cried after reading it… I don’t know why…it’s something about her innocent spirit despite what has happened. She doesn’t quite get the full ramifications plus she’s still traumatized/hypnotized. And now she’s pregnant?!!! My Lord!

There is no angle I look at this that’ll make me unsympathetic to her cause…and by her cause I mean that of vulnerable children in our society.

From your comment, I see why even 7year old rape victims won’t talk to their mums. I forbid it for your offsprings (not you in particular) but someone like you would beat the child and say you told them. What did you tell her? There’s never even any proper sex and sexual awareness education in schools or by parents in naij…and you’ll open your mouth to say her parents told her! Were you there?

I can’t even gather my thoughts together! Why didn’t the Emir hand her to her mum immediately they were both in the same vicinity in his palace? Once the police knew where she was, why wasn’t she taken into custody? So many whys but you know what the girl is still pregnant. I’m off to Facebook to do a proper rant…this matter is too real for anonymous BN posts.

• FasholasLover March 4, 2016 at 2:14 am

The innocence in her responses is unmistakable. The fear that her mother will beat her. That she misses her mothers food. God punish Sanusi.

She was not handed over to her mother becos;
        1. Ese does not matter in the grand scheme of things
        2. She is a commodity to be sold/disposed off as the Emir pleases
        3. Her mother was not even allowed into the palace because she is a woman and an “infidel”
        4. The Emir simply asked who bought the merchandise and the “supposed” husband confirmed he did and the Emir gave his blessings.

Sanusi is a paedophile. I said it before and l am saying it again. The evil that men do under the guise of tradition/religion.
        Numbers 14:18 – Sanusi has children.

• eva March 3, 2016 at 1:51 pm

That pedophile. should be castrated and sent to prison. I don’t know why a grown man would not settle for a grown woman, but instead go after a young child. Northerners, I bow my head in shame for u all.

• Dinma Caruso March 3, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Dunno how a full grown man will get sexual satisfaction from the body of a child, if he’s not obscure, vile and sick. For how long do we put up with this? I’m so sad.

• pheavour March 3, 2016 at 1:53 pm

chai….situations lyk did Mk me say dere z God oo….
    luk at how a 14yrs old gal future av been scarred 4 lyf….

• Ope March 3, 2016 at 1:56 pm

I’ve never supported abortions,but that has to be done. I’ll stop there and not comment any further.

• adelegirl March 3, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Abortions are illegal in Nigeria so even if the parents wanted her to procure an abortion, they cannot now, with how public the news about her being pregnant has become. I just wish her name and face were not made public.

This is a very depressing story. I hope a thorough investigation is carried out with extensive counselling for Ese. We need to know what exactly happened – was she kidnapped, was she hypnotised, did she go willingly with the paedophile Yunusa or what? How could it have happened. Too many questions need to be answered. I pray Ese and her family recover from this ordeal

• sigh March 4, 2016 at 1:40 pm

She’s five months pregnant, we shouldn’t be thinking of abortion at all.

• Aanuolutomiwa March 3, 2016 at 1:58 pm

this is so pathetc, poor gal

• Bey March 3, 2016 at 1:58 pm

These Hausa ppl are animals honestly.
    How a grown man can deem it fit to sleep with a 13yr old baffles me. Pls parents with female children be aware of ur mallams/gate men, cooks drivers etc. Plenty pedophiles abound our land.
    You can imagine when I use to work in a school, wont mention the name now. The principal was British, so her young teenager of like 14 was also attending d school and living in d staff apartments with her mum.
    Do you know the driver started writing all sorts of love letters to dis girl, and dis is d driver that takes dis child out o. E wan toast oyinbo pikin.
    The driver was sacked immediately. Parents need to be very vigilant, I don’t know where all dese sexual deviants are crawling out from. You cant find a grown ass woman ur age.

• ACE March 3, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Lord have mercy! What kind of wickedness is this? Please the parents of this girl should not let this case go without proper punishment given to the demonic man behind this wicked act.

• aya tomiwa March 3, 2016 at 2:07 pm

BN what is it wt u not posting my comments now
    This is just pathetic, so sorry poor gal

• nena March 3, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Did anyone read the interview of see telling her experience? Very chilling. I believe she was drugged to kano as she said she doesn’t recall any journey she just found herself in a strange place.

• nena March 3, 2016 at 2:12 pm

• cara March 3, 2016 at 2:14 pm

They better take her for a D and C. A fourteen year old shouldn’t and can’t handle what comes with pregnancy and childbirth

• Ada Nnewi March 3, 2016 at 7:10 pm

A D&C on a 14 year old that is 5 months pregnant .. I shudder at the pain that poor child will go through.

• Iris March 3, 2016 at 2:32 pm

What does this Yunusa man look like? I haven’t seen his face. Why?

• Californiabawlar March 3, 2016 at 3:59 pm

I know right?! Isn’t it Ese’s identity that should be protected?!! Why aren’t his photo everywhere?! To what do we ascribe this madness? Religion? Misogyny? Tribe/culture?

Hmmn…remember when the sultan justified his marriage to his 18year old (or whatever her age is) by saying he even younger children are eligible for poorer citizens in his culture? I guess he wasn’t playing around….
      But God will punish these people o!

• I just waka come… March 3, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Bella Naija, there was a press briefing yesterday.

Did you bother to attend?

I don’t know when Vanguard newspaper became the standard for all bloggers to copy and paste.

Rather than wait for the usual ‘according to’ why not reach out and get a direct statement? You do realize that you are one of the top blogs in the country so getting people to talk to you shouldn’t be a problem? Or is that beyond your scope?

I would rather days filled with credible reports on this terrible tragedy from you than your daily outpouring of stories on a concert that held almost one week ago. By the way I’m still expecting your report on how Ciara took a dump in our Nigerian toilets and her experience and expectations of our porcelain offerings.

As usual, you can decide not to enable this comment, as long as YOU’VE read it, that’s fine.

• Aderonke March 3, 2016 at 3:05 pm

D & C at 5months? Haba that is too risky for her tender body. Poor Ese…our prayers are with you dear. She needs a lot of counselling, love and constant guidance! Pele dear

• Corolla March 3, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Why is the picture of a raped minor been circulated and posted on ‘credible” blogs?? This is truly disgusting!

• Ibinabo March 3, 2016 at 3:57 pm

They should abort the pregnancy, that unborn child if birthed will be a constant reminder of this ugly incident..

• Rito March 3, 2016 at 4:11 pm

This is so f-ing disgusting. The guy who got her pregnant needs to die in f-ing hell. Its sick that when you are poor, you really don’t have a voice. I hope she didn’t convert to islam. Is there any international committee that we can report this incident to??? Because if it’s only left to nigeria, this case will just die. I can’t imagine what she is going through emotionally. WTF?????? This thing is hurting me like that is my baby sister. How can a grown ass man enjoy raping a child on multiple occasions?????? Because I’m pretty sure she did not consent to it!!!!! Please if anyone knows an international committee that we can report this to, please comment! BN please post my unedited comment!! #justiceforese!!!!

• Tomma March 3, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I wonder who amongst the pedophiles impregnated her……why do i get the feeling someone or some people are protecting Yunusa…..hmmm…….maybe he knows too much….God dey

• Chi-e-z March 3, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Sorry for Ese. Don’t worry be strong and brave. You and baby will be taken care of ijn . You can’t undo what’s been done just stay strong and fight for a better tomorrow.

@BNers please stop with the tribalistic name calling it’s not changing anything and patronizing the feeling of division instead of support for a better country. You guys are better than that.

To those who can make a change in government. Start address the rights of those most vulnerable in our country rather than staying in secluded lavish oasis. You are elected to defend the rights of your constituents and further improve the society. Not the opposite.

• Nah March 3, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Guys, stop the rape story and tribal fight. This girl was impregnated by her lover, Yinusa. Simple as that. She fell in love and ran away with him bc of the hell she’d recieve at home. This is why she resisted going back home. Pity her parents and her. Poor choice but that is what poverty does to you. Sad story nonetheless

• Celeste March 3, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Hey nah, your comment is VERY FOOLISH. Did you leave your brain in the toilet that you forgot we’re talking about a 14 year old that was abducted at age 13?

Hypnotizing and indoctrination is not unheard off in the north, it happened to my friend, she didn’t know what she was doing and the man almost married her as his second wife if not for her parent and pastor’s prayers.

• Uber bella March 3, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I have a feeling this girl was hypnotised and kidnapped to Kano. This is not a Romeo and Juliet story at all. She’s the victim here. I feel so sorry for her. Aborting a 5 months old pregancy is a huge risk her small frame might not be able to endure. May God show her and her parents the right path.

• chi-e-z March 4, 2016 at 12:02 am

it’s way past due at 5 months. No real physician concerned with her safety would advice an abortion

• kbaba March 4, 2016 at 6:07 am

Buhari’s wife was above 18 yea rs before her marriage to Bihar. The age difference does not matter.