adrienne-baillon-vacation-photos-2-00-480w

This week photos surfaces of TV personality Adrienne Bailon and Gospel artist Israel Houghton cuddling on the beach and it was revealed that the two are in a relationship following Israel’s divorce from his wife of 20 years.

Click here if you missed it.

It has also come to light that Israel Houghton was friends with Adrienne Bailon and her ex-fiance, Lenny Santiago.

There was a lot of backlash on social media and now Israel has taken to Facebook to confirm that he’s dating Adrienne and to refute the rumors Adrienne broke up his 20-year marriage that ended earlier this year.

In the midst of all that’s going on in the world… Suffering, terrorism, deciding a future for our country, and making the world safer; It is sad that I am even having to address this matter… I understand that gossip and salacious untrue speculative stories are far more interesting and entertaining than the truth & facts. But, it’s incredibly unfair to allow someone to carry the burden, blame & shame of something they had nothing to do with…

I met Adrienne Bailon a bit over 2 years ago, we worked together & became friends… Our circles connected & we remained good friends. From a friendship, as two single adults we have very recently begun to explore a dating relationship.

As I previously wrote in a statement I released a while back, My marriage had been over for quite some time before going public with my divorce announcement.

Where I shared, or as some have pointed out ‘over-shared’ my failure in my marriage… From over 5 years prior. It seems to be simple math that I had not even yet met Adrienne during the time my marriage was falling apart.

It deeply saddens me that an innocent party would be dragged into this situation that I have taken personal responsibility for. Adrienne is a woman of integrity & character… Most of all she is a true friend, and she should not be blamed for my past indiscretions. I assure you – I am willing to own my wrongs and I have in the past. God knows & sees all things. I appreciate your prayers, and I join you in praying for the issues of life that truly matter today all over the world.

Israel Houghton

More photos have also surfaced of the two of them enjoying their beach holiday.

AB-1 aba3 adrienne

47 Comments on Israel Houghton writes Open Letter | Confirms Dating Adrienne Bailon & Refutes Rumours she broke up his 20-Year Marriage
  • Kittty March 23, 2016 at 8:49 am

Love goes where love is

• jade March 25, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Adrienne must like dating men with wife, ex wife and children. She was with her ex fiance for years and then realized it wasn’t going to work out. It’s absurd to me when women put themselves in such awkward situation. I understand, love finds you in unpredictable places sometimes but her dating another divorcee, still wearing his ring is suspicious, questionable on her part.

• Victor March 23, 2016 at 8:54 am

It is not for me to judge, but one can’t help but wonder what happened to his 20-year marriage???

• Marie Antoinette March 23, 2016 at 8:58 am

It’s so disheartening to see someone who led many to Christ through his songs fall off grace.
    May God redirect his steps, amen.

• RIFF RAFF March 23, 2016 at 10:00 am

It’s more rampant than you think. Unfortunately, many of these christian public figures (singers,evangelists, pastors etc ) live a lie with plenty skeletons; too many appearances; loveless marriages, closeted gays, unresolved spiritual issues that bite them later in life, suffering in silence etc,cos it protects their “christian” brand or is it the the fear of losing all the benefits associated to their “christian brand”?
      Worse still, even some of those with “inspiring” lyrics have questionable “salvations”. YES O!
      I think at this point the man grew tired of trying to keep up with the “christian image”;maybe he felt he got nothing to lose anymore at this point and decided to live his life (or his truth, depends on how u see it) for HIMSELF .
      Real Christianity ain’t no joke. Standards don’t play; the higher u go, the tougher it gets.

• D March 23, 2016 at 11:56 am

You have spoken nothing but the truth. Real life issues….

• ispeaknolanguage March 23, 2016 at 12:38 pm

facebook.com/jpdiamond1/videos/10207935904450850/

• ispeaknolanguage March 23, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Its common in the body of Christ these days, Israel owed up to his mistake and he paid with the lose of his marriage, but that’s not to say there not other people out in the world fooling around all in the name of am a man of God or a so called vessel, take for instance just a week ago Benny Hinn was in London to wed a 53 years old Nigerian pastor to a 26 years old European girl of his congregation after he divorced is wife of 10 years that had 3 kids for him 2 boys and a daughter, unlike Israel who said he cheated this pastor filed for divorce from the woman that brought him from Nigeria to the UK started the ministry with him, not a perfect marriage as we all know but he went ahead to divorce her claiming and fabricating stories that even a smart 5 years old will scream ” Jesus Pastor you can lie!!!! Here is a man who everyone knows is generally abusive both to his wife and his congregation claiming he has holy anger, am putting this out as I have experienced it. Very soon he will be setting up a church in Nigeria as his church in the UK is presently shaking I know Bella Naija doesn’t post stuff like this but I need to put it out as much as I can Israel Houghton is a Good Man of God and his doing the right Thing by even explaining with this statement the above mentioned pastor didn’t even do this little to his church all he did was lie and lie, on the final day Benny Hinn wedded them in his office and came out late for the program they came out to lie to the waiting crowd that it was because of traffic on the motor way, that made me remember Pastor Ayo another deceiver , i know its unrelated but he steals from the government and is yet to be probed or punished and now Benny Hinn a popular televangelist comes to London performs a wedding ceremony in an office in a church in barking between a Man that divorces his wife for no reason and the world keeps quiet . check it out

facebook.com/jpdiamond1/videos/10207935904450850/

• WOW March 23, 2016 at 3:51 pm

I totally agree. Particularly on the fact that real christianity aint no joke! And indeed the higher you go, the tougher it gets. I am realizing that now and keep wondering WOW, who would have ever thought I would need to fight more after growing spiritually. I thought it was going to be cool up there and I will never have to worry. But the truth is its a battle everyday and sometimes you miss those days when you were a baby christian and things werent that hard. Nevertheless, glad to grow in the lord and never turning back. Amen

• Nkechi March 24, 2016 at 12:56 am

The church of God is moving on and the gates of hell will not prevail. There are still lots of men out there who have not gotten stained. Men of God who have kept their marriages with marriages still standing. Eg Pst Adeboye, Revd Areogun, Bishop Oyedepo, the Copelands, TDJakes, Joel Osteen, Andrew Wommack, Dave Meyer, Joseph Prince, Revd George Adegboye, Mensah Otabili; young men like Nathaniel Bassey and Frank Edwards, lots more I can’t mention due to time and space. It is well.

• Dolapo March 24, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Micheal W Smith, Darlene Zchech, Ron Kenoly, Don Moen. Adding to your list Nkechi.

• Damilola March 23, 2016 at 9:12 am

WTF! All I need to know is, is that Israel Houghton on the beach in the water or somebody else?
    Adrienne must like her man fatty, and shapeless. Her ex fiancé had the same body type.
    I wasn’t expecting this in my wildest dream. But, it shows the world is small and u never know who knows who.

• adeanon March 23, 2016 at 9:27 am

Amazing how they all start off defending their mistresses with she’s a person of integrity, she helped me through the darkest time in my life, she is a gem.

Israel, truly God knows and sees all things.
    Adrienne, even if you did not break up his marriage, you think you are special that he won’t cheat on you?

Kontinuuu.

• naya March 23, 2016 at 9:28 am

OMG!!!! is dat Israel?

• Made March 23, 2016 at 9:33 am

*deepsigh*

• GeeGee March 23, 2016 at 9:52 am

WOW!!! Adrienne has put on some weight too. WOW! Good luck to them.

• Rose March 23, 2016 at 10:06 am

He is still wearing his wedding ring. #sigh

• TeeS March 23, 2016 at 10:22 am

Oh he’s a christain and is now horrible
    Oh she likes fat men
    Oh she’s put on weight
    Oh she ruined his marriage
    Dang!!!
    Aren’t y’all a judgmental bunch !!!

• huh March 23, 2016 at 10:34 am

what does judgmental have to do with this? or are you also a mistress, talk true oh

• Mz Socially Awkward…. March 23, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Can you please relax? We’re allowed to gasp in shock, this is Israel Houghton, a Christian worship minister whose talented work for The Kingdom touched many lives.

It’s akin to seeing a well-respected academic caught cheating in an exam or a highly-regarded financier found raiding the company safe. Or your president breaking the rules of law he swore to protect.

There are certain positions that come with standards their holders will be measured against and this man preached the Word of God in the music he sold to us. He is a minister of the Gospel; this has nothing to do with judgement & everything to do with being held accountable for who you represent yourself to be.

• Eziokwu! March 23, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Dear Mz Socially Awkward, can I just be the 1988th person to say I really really like you. Like really really.

• keke driver March 23, 2016 at 10:55 am

What happened? He’s gotten soo far

• “changing moniker” August 16, 2016 at 12:41 pm

i think you meant fat

• Tutu March 23, 2016 at 10:59 am

One thing is for sure, Israel looks better with his clothes on.

I have been under his ministerstion live and it was awesome! You could literally feel the presence of God. Gospel artists or Pastors are vessels. God uses them inspite of their weaknesses.

I hope they are celibate sha. If not, all the best to them still. Doesn’t mean Isreal’s album wouldn’t sell or lead people to Christ.

• Mi March 23, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Feel the presence of God or feel the adrenaline rush?
      I don’t know why we continue to be shocked by stories like these. Men of God are NOT God. God will continue to expose these kind of things in our role models of the faith until we finally learn to stop looking at man and look up to God Himself. God still continues to achieve His great plans IN SPITE of us meddling vessels and never because of us.

• treasure March 24, 2016 at 12:09 am

Really, you can feel God’s presence. The gift of God cometh without repentance. That’s what makes Him different from man. If na man, once you mess up, they collect their gift back. so sad

• Bee March 23, 2016 at 11:02 am

Hmmm Adrienne u love your men big right, that’s why you cleared the air on your The Real that u arent preganant. So its Isreal? well i know you a lover woman, i wouldnt judge you. God sees all, still love ur dress sense and im sure the weight u put on is “the love pound” #TheRealAddict

• GeeGee March 23, 2016 at 11:04 am

@madam Tees: Please saying someone has put on weight is not judgment its an observation.

• Tee March 23, 2016 at 11:10 am

@RiffRaaff, we don see many, from producer that co-habits and having a child of wedlock laying hands on TV Jakes, to Dietrick Haddon and his baby mama drama to Toby and also one of our beloved pastor that promised to talk to his church members in Abuja about ‘Ese’s sex escapade claim’, till tomorrow we never hear jack. I don attend church wey my Pastor came out clean and it didn’t stop us members from attending cos he’s human too, especially because he told the whole church his wrong. Anyway, if we dey look all this people, we no go serve God o. As for me and my household, we dey work out our salvation with fear and trembling, so that tomorrow now, e no go pain us or feel disappointed if our church head misbehave. Let the HolySpirit the comforter be your friend to lead, guide and direct you in this race. We are all living by His grace o, to be more and more like Him. Hmmm, Israel Houghton fit don settle his case with God, so who we be?

• Babym March 23, 2016 at 11:11 am

Oh my goodness! So Israel is a mere mortal with blood flowing through his veins! Who woulda ‘thunk’ it ?

• Tobigirl March 23, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Adrienne’s body looks nice and “real”.

• Someonecute March 23, 2016 at 12:10 pm

But Israel why re you lying? Why are you always lying? I’m in love with a church girl was finished in 2010. Released in 2013. And you met her over 2 years ago? It’s on Wikipedia. You co-produced that film. I’ve lost respect for you man. you initially said it was your fault by owning up to infidelity. So it’s either you committed adultery with someone else other than Andrienne, or it has always been Andrienne all along. Either ways, you should be keeping your wandering eyes and d**k in check and praying for mercy, Instead of leaving your wife for another woman. What are you even teaching your kids? You’re such a disgrace. See his shapeless body. Smh

• Smh March 23, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I only got I thing to say to you Israel; “There’s a way that seems right to man but the end is always destruction”

• bijouxthisbijouthat March 23, 2016 at 12:49 pm

He is obese and it not attractive… dude please cover up! As per his adulterous nature.. i totally agree with Riff raff with her submission on these so called men of God

• ispeaknolanguage March 23, 2016 at 1:42 pm

facebook.com/jpdiamond1/videos/10207935904450850/

• Chu March 23, 2016 at 1:53 pm

I know its tough being a gospel artiste that people look up to, but please make an attempt, if you sin stand up and dust it off, do not wallow in the sin. So many compromises in the body of Christ. Like riff raff said, look unto God alone cos man can disappoint, even the holiest of them.

• Mz Socially Awkward…. March 23, 2016 at 2:56 pm

God Bless You.

As I’ve continued trying to grow in my own walk, I’ve come to find some understanding of why The Bible cautions that we confess our sins to one another. Guilt is the devil’s currency and I’ve seen in myself how uber-defensive I become about wrongdoing when guilt is pricking my soul.

And as Riff Raff put it, the event may have happened in the past, it wasn’t confessed and then you start rising in reputation so confession is now something that might destroy your image. Guilt is our strongest adversary as Christians and only true repentance to God (damning any fallout it might bring) can completely set us free from that prison.

• TheUnusual March 23, 2016 at 2:38 pm

I feel sorry for Christians who have no kingdom common sense & come here to wash the laundry of the Church in the open. So Bro Israel let’s assume was caught in the act, BellaNaija is the right place to humiliate him or in your closets on your knees praying for him? Pls my dear brethren the Word says let he that stands take heed let’s he falls.our words can wound and cause all parties here to commit suicid. Let us uphold each other in prayers.

• Nije March 24, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Actually. We should pray for him. He needs help. We should not humilate, our prayers can cause a change.

• ardnas March 23, 2016 at 3:03 pm

he still has his ring on…am confused!

• lady t March 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm

It’s speculated that they are married

• Susan March 23, 2016 at 6:34 pm

HI. So I’m a little confused. What really is the problem here? I get that Israel cheated on his wife which led to his marriage ending but I’m guessing he openly came out to confess and has also confessed to God as well. Now he’s dating Adrienne. What really is the problem here?

• BlueEyed March 24, 2016 at 12:14 am

Thank you I am equally confused as to why this would seem shocking, yes he is a minister of God, but these things happen far more than we know, the worst of them are the ones that don’t admit it and continue to fool their followers
      Besides, since the marriage has ended, he should not move on? I mean a popular Nigerian “holiness” advocate pastor got married again few months after his wife’s death. So please what is news here?
      Lastly, I love me some Adrienne Bailon, girl I see you on The Real! Plus this relationship is definitely new because home girl had been with her ex-fiancé Lenny for a long ass time before he proposed so miss us with the she was the mistress all along crap.

• Niyoola March 23, 2016 at 7:04 pm

I am not even shocked. I’ve come to realize these pastors, gospel singers etc are just humans that have a gift for putting you in a mood where you think God is hugging you. That’s all, they have a talent for making you go “into the spirit”. Doesn’t mean they are infallible.

When Tye Tribbett did his own a couple of years ago, I was like devastated, but that’s how it goes. I am now conditioned to sexual immorality in the church.

If you know what goes on with all this pastors and ‘men of God’ ehn.

We sha await robust response

• tamy March 24, 2016 at 12:55 am

Just wondering their which body shape do dey belong to…definitely none of dem have d string body shape,that leaves, pear, carrot n apple(i thnk),maybe I should add some more fruits,hmmmm,so much to decide on

• tamy March 25, 2016 at 12:35 am

Sry which not *their which

• Kay August 13, 2016 at 11:36 am

May God have mercy on u for dis arrant rubbish u wrote. So u saw Pastor Ayo stealing money from govt abi and u where also inside d office and knew the pastor got wedded by Pst Benny Hinn,u better shut up before heaven judges u. Aproko like u. Why did u leave d issue on discussion and go elsewhere??? U couldn’t mention d pastor’s name but ur mouth could mention Pst Ayo and Pst BennyHinn. Be very careful with ur unsolicited gist ok. Nonsense. Must u even talk sef???