Peter Okoye

After Paul Okoye cried out on social media earlier in the day, his twin brother Peter has replied him…also on social media.

See Peter’s post below.

Hi guys. Thanks for the love and support; I so much appreciate every one of you. For public record, I don’t have any issues with my brother Paul the only issue I have is with the management which I have disassociated myself with.

There is a clear line between family and business, Jude still remains my brother, he is just no longer my manager. For the record also, P’square still remains, the only difference is that we are under separate managements and there is nothing wrong with that. I see no wrong in doing separate projects and and still being together as P’square.

I love my brother Paul, I support him and wish him the very best in life but misguiding the media is not the right thing to do, if we have issues as brothers, the right thing to do is settle it between ourselves and not give media something to feed on. I took family issues to the public when I went on a Twitter rant but I apologised for that, you shouldn’t do the same, making me look like a bad person and giving the public an opportunity to crucify me is not a solution.

You went solo first by releasing a song with ‘Tiwa’ and your new artists. This doesn’t stop us from producing good music together or giving our fans the best of P’square, it’s just time for personal development. I am not against Rudeboy Records, northside entertainment and wish you the very best. Thanks for the love once again. God bless you all. #PSquareForever #Mr.P #Rudeboy

42 Comments on “Making me look like a bad person and giving the public an opportunity to crucify me is not a solution” – Peter Okoye to Paul
  • onyx March 19, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Can someone please put a pacifier in the mouth of these three clowns. Cry babies the lot of them

• Chi March 20, 2016 at 7:36 am

I saw this article initiallt and refused to read it because I am sick and tired of this lot. I only decided to click on it due to the comments.

• Sarah Sarcasm March 19, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Fine boy , don’t worry yourself , karma Is a b*#*% The good Lord who sees your large heart will vindicate you soon . Is it not social media again? Boss Go and sleep jor

• lily March 19, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Shattaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp!!! Christ!!!

• SS March 19, 2016 at 11:00 pm

titled how my brothers ganged up against me………give us gist BN

• Double wahala March 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Na una sabi!

• December Wind March 19, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Okay okay , it’s a wrap ! A good show it is , we are fully entertained , thank you . Well done , pls No more open letters and posts hence forth … Una don try

Ehen , we’d like to help you guys with a title for your upcoming album hehehe…

#forgiveforfamily
    #LoveConquersEverything
    #ForgiveAndForget
    #familyIsEverything
    #SocialmediaTheRootOfAllEvils
    #BloodIsThickerThanPalmwine
    #IloveYouTwinnie
    #PsquareReloaded
    #PsquareUnited
    #TheStormIsOver

• Destiny March 19, 2016 at 11:06 pm

This is getting boring. I mean, all these details and updates on your family drama should be kept for your family only. At this point, who cares what you do?

• anonymous March 19, 2016 at 11:09 pm

this boys should go and rest and stop disturbing our eyes and ears with their family palava… mtchewwwu

• mytake March 19, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Can psquare please take their life and problems off social media for a change?
    haba! thought they were married men

And you peter stop acting so immature you are almost forty,not every information should be on social media……………….your fans are beginning to loose respect for your talent kudos to your dirty laundry made public technique.
    Receive sense abeg enough of this already

• Esrun March 19, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Read the exclusive on thenetNG. Dude got a large heart and he’s very professional and dynamic. Mr P I know you are going places.

• GeeGee March 19, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Grow up!!!!!! All of you.

• chinwendu March 19, 2016 at 11:31 pm

u ar a gud guy, i luv ur passion

• j’suis belle March 19, 2016 at 11:33 pm

how else do you want ur brother to beg you ?should he crawl or prostrate ?abeg a tire for u always playing the victim,get a chill pill my friend

• Ijebujesha March 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm

You all are a bunch of huge disgrace to the memory of your parents. Go ahead, bury your childish heads in shame.

• T March 19, 2016 at 11:56 pm

I read ‘how my brothers ganged up against me’ interview by Peter…there are deep rooted issues here and this is a lesson for us all…the fact that you are running a family business does not stop you from having a proper professional structure,put everything to paper,gosh… no sentiments,how can Psquare share thier earnings equally with their manager (Jude)??? Where is that done anywhere in the world? There’s usually an agreed percentage which all parties involved would have agreed to in the 1st place…
    And I really think Paul is weak,if not he would open his eyes and be professional about things,yes Jude is your brother but you shouldn’t let him manipulate you like this,he is just playing on the fact that he knows you respect him and he already knows you are on his side but you need to be objective here and see the points Peter is trying to raise. How can you even agree to sharing 100% with Jude? If Jude isn’t your brother,would you share Psquare earnings with him 100%?
    I look out of the window from my Office and I see how you and Peter play with your children in the pool,sometimes in the compound,and it’s so heartbreaking seeing you guys split,honestly I wish you could both sort things out,but in as much as I want that,I also want things clear,concise and clear when it comes to Psquare management,you can’t be doing all the work and one Manager(because he’s your brother) will just be acting anyhow…
    And Jude,you are their elder brother,I think it’s wrong for you to pull one twin to your side as against the order,you should find ways of making sure they reconcile,not tearing each other apart.

• dupsy March 20, 2016 at 12:01 am

But you guys have to realize that Peter put this on his instagram and it is not like he asked Bella Naija to publish it. Anyway, I always knew that working together as a family when it reaches a certain point especially when money and age increases comes with a sharper focus. Peter, Paul and Jude please wake up and smell the coffee, you are grown men now and need to refocus your brand for change and development that comes with growth which is inevitable. Paul and Jude your ganging up against Peter will not help matters at all, two is a company and three is a crowd. You guys need to refocus your brand now and know that all this family palaver is not helping your brand at all. If Peter wants a new management for himself and still work with you Paul, let him be and you too do the same! You guys are always brother ( your DNA can never change biko). If Peter feels sidelined all the time by Paul and Jude then this problem will continue to fester and grow deeper like an open and painful wound which will never heal. Paul abeg don’t cover up this wound which you and Jude have created by trying to make Peter to look bad because he is the vocal person out of you three. You guys have really hurt each other a lot and need to heal separately, immediately coming together as if nothing has happened and continuing like this will make it worse because you have refused to deal with the lingering problem.

• mary March 20, 2016 at 12:02 am

are we still on this matter? still washing their dirty linens outside, Nigeria has more problems at hand already. m, Psquare should let us hear abeg, there are up coming artists that we need to concentrate on so that they can make a name too. whether you are going solo or not, then good luck, you have achieved a lot already as a duo. the same person who runs to social media at every slightest opportunity is criticizing paul. pls grow up. it’s getting boring already.

• jwezee March 20, 2016 at 12:10 am

Oh pls these brothers and their thirst for attention… Ya three should be ashamed of yourselves..

• Anonymous t March 20, 2016 at 12:16 am

peter you’re such a narcissic person and very selfish i know you visit the main blogs to read what is wriitten concerning you so read dis you had already made up your mind to go solo but was looking for an opprtunity to break free,if really you had the mind to mend things you would’nt divulgated as much as i read on instablog9ja just now.and to think you just called your brother out for telling on your family issues in public. you say u are innocent so who is guilty?thank God for you that people are already rushing you,but remember your brother says he wants his family back,not just psquare the entertainers,in madea’s voice learn to put the shut to the up. we get it dat you(think) are the best of the two and your always being ganged against but stop already cos of all you three you damaged your family the most. cos you were first to bring it to public knowledge, be a man and learn to suck it up rather than count who wrote which song and when GROW UP KID GROW UP; and to my fella commenters i don’t belong to thier family so no need asking whether its any of his siblings am just a pained observer

• dupsy March 20, 2016 at 2:52 am

This is the real problem here in your sentence – be a man and learn to suck it up. This is a very dangerous statement to make when there is a big conflict among three brothers and it has negatively affected one of them. It is this Nigerian mentality of burying things under the carpet or sucking up as you put it that has led to the divulging of very personal family issues over the internet for Psquare. If this issue had been dealt with much earlier on when Peter started feeling sidelined what we are seeing today would not happen. You can’t pretend your brother is hurting and offending you and act like the pain is not there. As Peter put it he started feeling a sense of fear because he was being constantly maligned! That is not healthy at all in a relationship because this is what fosters deep and extreme hatred. You can’t keep smiling to the world ( because we all want to see Psquare together) and say everything is alright with the relationship I have with my brothers when you feel the love and trust is not there and it is not a crime to let your feelings known to them. What he was simply asking for is a procedure and professional framework for their group because they are now growing a lot ( nothing wrong with that). There is something called ‘mutual respect’ and ‘professional cum legal boundaries’ in business relationships be it friend or family and Nigerians are yet to understand what that means especially in a family context. This is why an extended family member can claim the property of his brother from his widow who has 5 children to raise on her own, and no one feels it is wrong because they are ‘one family’. This is what causes a wife to be chased from her matrimonial home by her inlaws if they feel her husband likes her above them and everyone will say it is okay because they are one family. Actually this is what has destroyed our country and still is because there are no checks and balances in place in every sphere of law and governance. People have got to be real and others have to respect their feelings and not allude their hurt and pain to them being crazy! I honestly hope they sort out their family palaver and we encourage the three of them to get real and foster a sense of ‘mutual respect’ towards one another so that they can salvage the hurts of yesterday and build the fabric of their dear family once again.

• Juliet March 20, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Se for your mind, what you’ve said now makes sense. Think before you comment.

• Anon March 20, 2016 at 12:21 am

The interview he gave to The Net NG is a revelation.

• Lilo March 20, 2016 at 12:42 am

Ish is getting stale. Please P square abi 3 musketeers, ‘shot hop’

• chi-e-z March 20, 2016 at 2:47 am

okay well glad you all still recognize you’re family and no matter how far you go always remember you and you are made up of a lot of pieces with family involved. paul was just pleading with peter nothing crucifying thr. let’s all take a chill pill pck up the phone and say Mazi ahu bi ka gi? nd go 4rm thr. No more airing dirty laundry outside.

• Truth March 20, 2016 at 3:31 am

???

• Nk March 20, 2016 at 6:42 am

It beats my imagination why your brothers will suddenly turn against you! Now think and re-trace your steps and go and make peace with your family! Forget all these outside advisors giving you the pumps up that you will fly without your brother! They will only lead you to your destruction. If you know where you showered, go right there and pick up your towel! A word is enough for the wise. Be wise PETER! Family is everything my brother! Bless you!

• Halima March 20, 2016 at 7:35 am

Funny thing is peter may be the one with a good heart. Heard that paul pretends a lot. Dunno how true this is.

• Uche March 20, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Halima you are so right. Paul is actually mean

• Felinda March 20, 2016 at 7:37 am

Am over all these illiterate okoye – and their constant social media outburst. They are all childish with no home good training. Mschewwwwwwww. Education education education. Not too late to go back to school and gain some sense or gain some common sense how grown adults deal with family issues. All of you acting like you are on your monthly period all the time.

• Vic March 20, 2016 at 1:12 pm

And they teach sense in school?? Since you want to place much emphasis on grammar, it should be “these illiterates”. These refers to plural.
      The best of them all dropped out of school.

• Felinda March 20, 2016 at 7:44 am

Thank you Lola Omotola for finally proof reading your husband Peter’s English grammar before he embarrasses your whole family and your kids again always writing those atrocious “headaching” English.

• Vee March 20, 2016 at 7:57 am

Hmmmm! PSQUARE!! I once loved dis duo so so much dat I culd vouch 4 dem on anytin(since wen I dey primary sch o). I ws evn ready 2 fight with anybody dt say bad abt dem. Their songs inspire me a lot!! Ok…. Fast forward 2016 afta their so called ‘seperation'(I dnt evn knw wat 2 call it);Peter released a song(Look in2 my eyes);which personally I dnt like d song(beat good buh song whack). I went on a social media 2 tell him dt I don’t like d song and he blocked me! I was like;seriously??(Na there I dey hate d guy;nd to tink he ws ma favorite btw d two).besides;I luv Paul’s Call Heaven(I tink he kinda knws wat d fans want 2 hear). U knw in life u dnt always hv to expect pple to praise wat u do;dats why therez smtin called audience. Wen u do good;dey let u knw,nd wen dey dnt like smtin…dey also owe it to u as 2 tell u. So Peter tk it as a honor wen I say d song whack! Meanwhile;..I knw say nollywood don get enuf film to act as per celeb ish cuz mehn its bn a lit year 4 celebs. So psquare una story don too long(mk e no go reach part 10;and pls let ur story hv a happy ending). Well;if una like mk una settle(none of ma biz)cuz most celeb aint evn worth wasting a thought on cuz dey treat fans like dey don’t exist. We nid fresh celeb gist biko. I rest ma case. #SipsTea. @veraberry1

• Fola Coco March 20, 2016 at 10:31 am

Am surprised this post has comments..

• Naomi March 20, 2016 at 11:03 am

Is this Peter? I honestly cant tell who is who.

• Jabba March 20, 2016 at 2:32 pm

the amount of f- I give? let’s see, 0+0+0+0 oh I know… Zero!

• Fontail March 20, 2016 at 2:49 pm

what is it with this brothers? please just stop please. . please guys just stop and ensure peace.
    twins are usually not like this . please I want you guys back together. thank you.

• Kkay March 20, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Enough already, Peter!!!
    What’s wrong with sharing equally with Jude? He is your brother for crying out loud!
    What is money? Wouldn’t you give it all up if Jude’s life at stake? Or vice versa?
    Who among us doesn’t have bossy older siblings or relations?
    Lately, I strongly doubt you are identical twins with Paul. Maybe strong family genes at play here because identical twins do not behave this way.

All I see is greed, envy, pride , anger, bitterness, pity-party flying around .
    Where is love? Love covers a multitude of wrongs.

You prayed for God to bless your “hustle” , now you’re fighting over “food that perisheth”
    Mind you, at 35, you’re in the twilight of your career.
    Don’t be like CAIN. Be your brothers’ keeper.

• “changing moniker” March 21, 2016 at 1:41 pm

abeg abeg..
      why should they share it equally with Jude??
      managers get 15-20% max… so which one is share equally??
      don’t bring sentiments into business biko

• frank March 23, 2016 at 8:59 pm

well i know dere ‘s no going back but who Eva DAT hv plan on did we b hapi.my p u are d pro .so do ur thin let see hw good u are.peter is ever redy.Mr p do ur best let d word c Nigerians.

• azotani samuel March 24, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Peter nd paul, u guys r twin, nt only dt, bt d same blood, do 2 of u knw d meanin of blood, ticker den water. 1 tin u shud knw in lif is dt, Other pple r hapi abt u nd ur brother avin misunderstand, they wil b also prayin for ur down fall, u nd ur shud b in gud terms al d tim, u r 1, plz stop say ur family issues 2 mass is nt gud, u 2 r losing a lot of tinz in life, eg ur fans, position, so of den wish u 2 knw beta den I do, tnks God bless u.