After months of speculation, Samsung Electronics West Africa has announced that its latest flagship phones in its long line of Galaxy devices will be available for pre-registration in Nigeria from today – March 1st 2016. The smartphones on offer are the alluring Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge available in 32GB with expandable memory slot of 200 GB.
Emmanouil Revmatas, Director of Information Technology and Mobile, Samsung, said that Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge represent the new galaxy of unlimited possibilities. “Samsung did not just redefine these devices but also re-imagined what they could do based on the feedback from the people who use them, and what they need most from the devices. Our customers are the inspiration for any innovation. These devices do not only look great but feel great as well and comfortable to hold. They are sleeker with smoother edges and lines,” added Revmatas.
The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were first unveiled on February 21st at the Samsung Unpacked event held at the Mobile World Congress (MWC), Barcelona, Spain.
- The Galaxy S7 has a 5.1-inch display screen, while the Galaxy S7 edge has a 5.5-inch screen.
- They both feature Super AMOLED display, allowing for clearer videos and images with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Quad HD).
- Both devices have support for microSD cards augmenting their 32GB of internal storage, as well as IP68 water and dust resistance feature, which allow for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes at a time.
- The S7’s waterproofing includes sealed ports, so there are no fussy port covers over the USB ports or headphone jacks.
- Even though the S7 series do not have removable batteries, they come with longer lasting batteries to keep users going all day long.
- The S7 comes with 3,000mAh battery, while the S7 edge has 3,600mAh battery.
- One of the new features is the always-on display where notifications, time, date or personalised screen are permanently shown on the screen even when the phone is off. This feature does not significantly impact the battery life as it uses just 1 percent of the battery power per hour.
- Also, both phones retain Samsung’s adaptive fast-charging and fast wireless charging features.
- The devices also feature a ‘Dual Pixel’ rear camera with large F1.7 aperture with Smart OIS feature. The adoption of dual pixel technology means that the autofocus on each of the Samsung Galaxy S7 series is much quicker, producing sharper and brighter images– even when capturing precious memories in dimly lit environment.
- One particularly exciting feature is that both devices run on the latest version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system, have 4GB of RAM for improved multitasking and 30 percent more powerful processors with “thermal spreader” water-cooling technology to avoid the phones overheating.
The devices are available in Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium.
Pre-Register & get a free back cover and Samsung virtual reality device*
To pre-register for either of the new smart devices, customers can visit www.samsungs7.ng ; the network providers, MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and GLO; Samsung Experience Stores as well as select retail partners nationwide.
Samsung will be giving out free back cover for all pre-registered customers who make a purchase from any authorized Samsung retail store nationwide, offer valid while stock lasts. Plus the first 50 pre-registered customers to make a purchase at select Stores will get a free Samsung virtual reality device, Gear VR). View list of select stores on www.samsungs7.ng. *Terms and Condition apply.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of about US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com