dreamstime_l_58893579We all handle the hurt of break-ups differently. Some people are good at blocking out all the memories and just moving on; some cry and throw tantrums and starve/over-eat and lean on family and friends for support. Others prefer to reflect on events that preceded the break-up, staying in denial and refusing to let go, reliving the memories and pondering where and how things went wrong and what they could have done or could still do to make amends.
However, there are some people who are ignited with a passion for revenge; a need to show the ex that hurting them was a big mistake and wanting them to crawl back on hands and knees to beg their forgiveness. Aha! If you belong to this last category, this piece is for you. This is not to say that vengeance is the best way to handle a break-up, as only you can decide what’s best for you. The point is that if you feel that need for revenge, here’s how to ensure the kick is below the belt.

Return everything
Yes, everything! You want to give the impression that you do not need anything from the ass that had the guts to dump you. Pay back borrowed money and return mementos, gift items, cards, things he/she left over at your place. Don’t keep anything that will remind your of your ex, you’ll heal faster. Also, don’t throw anything away. If you tore or broke whatever it was, return the shredded/broken pieces still. The ex needs to see them. Everything should be accounted for… damaged or no. Leave no room for him/her to assume you kept something out of spite or sentiments.

Keep a distance and heal
Once you’re done with the returns, cut off ALL communication and stay away. Ignore any calls and messages from your ex. We all know revenge is a dish best served cold. You wont make much impact if you’re in a hurry to point out the error your ex made in dumping you. So, take out time to cry, vent, starve or binge on food, wine and ice-cream (whatever floats your boat), break things, curse etc to help you get over the hurt and then STOP. Don’t go begging – never ever beg – and don’t stalk. Cut all strings completely including social media follows/friendships and your ex’s family and close friends. If you’re always on your ex’s radar, he/she won’t get a chance to miss you. Nah, you most definitely need your absence felt. Avoid mutual friends as much as possibly until you’re ready… ready for what? Ah! We’ll get to that soon.

Have the basics down
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and live life to the fullest… literally. Do whatever makes you happy – go out and get some air, make new friends, pursue interests, eat right, work out and be in the best health and shape ever, sleep well, read books, watch movies, smile, laugh, try new things, always look good etc. In a nutshell – become really really hot inside and out.

Strive to excel
Bag that new degree, get promoted at work, get that bad ass car, move into that posh new house in the posh neighbourhood, pursue that goal/dream you always wanted and kick-ass at it, if it works out that you start a great new relationship or get happily married – fantastic! (You’ll probably forget all about your plot for revenge at this point. Otherwise, by all means keep going) …just make sure you grow past where you were when dumped. Become a force to reckon with by developing yourself. Ever wondered why ex’s happen to find their way back to you when you’ve become more successful? Keep that in mind and imagine the face of that babe that said you didn’t have potential when she hears you’re now a manager with Chevron. Or the face of the guy that called you stupid when he hears you’re schooling at or just graduated from Harvard. LOL! Let the need for revenge motivate you to achieve your goals.

Upgrade your social media presence
You gotta leave something to be drooled over. All pictures must be on fleek; power poses, full of confidence and happiness, fabulous outfits, great locations. Status updates/captions must exude grace and elegance – no room for self pity or cheap attention seeking. The idea is to show that you have done well for yourself without the ass that dared to cheat on you or insult you while you were together.

Reconnect with mutual friends
When you’ve completed steps 1 – 5, you’re ready to serve the cold dish of revenge. It’s time to reconnect with the mutual friends you have with your ex. This is important in your plot because they are the ones that will tell your ex about the amazing new you. They’ll trigger your ex’s curiousity to find out what they are talking about. That’s when he/she (your ex) will learn about your new achievements and stalk your social media accounts trying to satisfy their curiousity. Don’t forget to take off your accounts from private view *wink* (remember you cut your ex off from social media, so they can’t creep on your accounts if on private mode) However, most of the time, the amebo mutual friend is usually more than willing to send your ex screenshots of your pictures and stuff. Hehehe

Run into your ex by ‘accident’
Karma will usually have your back on this one but if karma ain’t happening soon enough, you gotta engineer the accidental run-in yourself. Go somewhere you’re sure to run into him/her, perhaps a place you both used to go when you were together. Do you need to be reminded that you have to be looking like a million bucks when you do this? Give your ex the chance to see the new you up close and personal… but only briefly.

Bonus: Have a new accessory on your arm – the new boo – when you accidentally meet your ex. If you don’t have a boo, a good looking friend of yours who’s quick with smart-ass comebacks will do. No ex likes to know that you’re doing better than they are, not to mention having someone perceived to be better than them in looks, intelligence and achievements etc.

Be fun and mysterious
At the run-in, don’t start a long conversation catching up on old times. The idea is to serve just the appetizer, not a full-course meal. Be nice but breezy. Right after the greetings, have a power meeting you have to get to, or a plane to catch to a fabulous vacation, or the shopping for a new car to do, or an appearance on CNN you have to go in for etc Leave him/her dazed and painfully wanting to spend more time with you, and you’ll have them begging for a way to meet up soon and catch-up.

The final punch…
We’ll leave you to decide how you want to handle this part – laugh in his/her face and give a piece of your mind, gain the inner satisfaction you just wanted by calmly and politely telling your ex you’re so past him/her, remind him/her of whatever it was they said or did to hurt you and getting the apology you need – whatever it is that will finally give you closure.

xoxo..

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

56 Comments on Tess of Girlfriends: Don’t Get Mad, Get Even! Check Out These Tips For Getting Back At Your Ex
  • Blueberry March 14, 2016 at 3:56 pm

In other words, just move on.

• Kehinde March 14, 2016 at 3:57 pm

This article seems so vain because if all this is done with the main purpose of getting even, you have missed it. You will soon feel empty again. The best way to deal with it, depending on what the break up circumstance was, you can take a break from relationships, reflect on what went wrong, why it went wrong and how to avoid the same mistake. getting a degree does not solve problems, it only show that you are solely dependent on external validation, which is ephemeral to making peace with him in your heart, letting go and living the great live God has for you

• Lily March 15, 2016 at 8:18 am

You are kinda right but you missed the point of the article. The writer is saying get busy doing other things instead of sitting down and sobbing. In other words, just move on!

• 140 likes kilode? March 15, 2016 at 11:13 am

Who are the 140 people liking this above comment plix? fellow people like you who like to miss the points of write ups? i see we have a rampant problem here #okbye

• c_ogochukwu March 14, 2016 at 4:22 pm

here is a tip to get even with ur ex MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE

• childish March 14, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Some people live their lives to fulfill God’s plan for them while others live trying to get back at others who wronged them in time past/ to impress others.

No go kill yourself all in the name of getting back

why trying so hard to get back at someone who has forgotten about you / doesn’t know you exist?

You wan kill yourself just cos of 1 person out of the billions existing on the planet?

people full of bitterness, hatred and evil thoughts all over d place

• @edDREAMZ March 14, 2016 at 4:35 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Why do i feel like a woman wrote all this.. See i dont knw if yu stay in Nigeria but right here women do the dumping….. Asin they dump men like rags and ur post is so empty and imature. In order word ur post is useless…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• A March 14, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Such a rude comment Submit an article to BN and have it published first. Even then,it still shouldn’t give you the justification to be so rude sir.

• MC March 14, 2016 at 8:15 pm

?????????

• somtoo March 15, 2016 at 4:19 pm

I think this is the most worded comment ed dreamz has ever dropped on here.. hahahahahahha

• the other Ebere March 14, 2016 at 4:40 pm

All these wahala just to get back to an ex that is probably not thinking able you sef o di egwu!

• Papacy March 14, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Lovely article. However, just moving on remains the best revenge.

• Ada March 14, 2016 at 4:49 pm

However much we don’t like to admit it, life is not a perfect life filled with “living for ourselves and living for God”. Sometimes while living for ourselves, we get hurt. Most of us don’t handle it well when we get hurt so biko, this article is useful.

When you get hurt, no go begin cry. No go begin carry am for mind for the rest of your life. Don’t pretend it doesn’t hurt! For Xsake, if you invested your life and passion in someone only to get dumped, it will hurt like hell! So yes, I am with Tess on this one, get even by getting better!

• BadtSharpGuy March 14, 2016 at 4:53 pm

This is real life not some Hollywood movie if the guy was in for the hell of it trust me he doesn’t care if u date P Diddy…unless of course he wants to do again… ur 1st point though Lmao

• Californiabawlar March 14, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Lol!! There’s no* ex I don’t talk to o…in fact I’m sitting here waiting on my birthday package from one…why can’t we all get along? I know some people (not just men) are terrible as partners…but they make okay acquaintances…lol.

The one rule about exes and ‘almost lovers’ that always helps me heal is that they ALWAYS come back….at least to me o…just make sure you maintain your integrity and remain a decent person throughout the relationship and even the breakup process….what won’t there be to miss??
    And my theory is not gender specific…in fact the only ex that won’t talk to me is the one I broke up with in the harshest manner. He saw my friend a year later and told her I did his self esteem dirty… I felt really bad. He wasn’t a saint o! He had abusive tendencies and was always apologizing for speaking and acting out of turn ( blamed it on being crazy in love with me)…but nobody deserves the some of the things I said to him. So about 2years and another rubbish boyfriend after leaving him, lets just say one day I got lonely, realized that he was the only guy who I never had any doubts about his feelings for me… I found out he was still single, contacted him on Facebook and he never responded. Ela oju kan! ? Hehehe…oh well then ???? Good thing he didn’t too cos I was probably on my way to break his heart all over again., seeing as it’s not like I’m now okay with his erratic behavior… I was hoping that maybe he did change like he said when he was begging me to come back…but we all know how that story always goes.

The way I see it, the cake is you getting over an ex…heal…fashi all these long long stories that take too much energy…the cherry is in knowing that you’re awesome and they’ll come back (well, if you’re a shitty person, I hope they don’t come back to you ???)…

• Whocares March 14, 2016 at 8:42 pm

@C.Bawler- “they always come back”. onidokudo( I honestly don’t know how to translate this in English) . Bants o, i joke o. I just wanted to use onidokudo in a sentence is all 🙂

• Californiabawlar March 14, 2016 at 10:27 pm

?????? well done, well played ???? na me you dey use practice bad words fa? ? Anyway my hands (&kitkat) are clean, I’m not onidokudo o! Na dem sabi wetin dem dey come back to ?

• Whocares March 14, 2016 at 10:43 pm

@C.Bawler- Lmaoooooooo. See disclaimer.loooool. before the world comes and give you names your family did not give you abi. Lool. Don’t mind me. I had an iroko marathon this weekend so I have refreshed my Yoruba vocabulary. Kin ma tasi anybody anyhow is all that is left now.

• Ibinabo March 14, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Very unrealistic.

• Chinedu March 14, 2016 at 5:05 pm

This is too much effort for someone who should not matter. Just move on and live life. God will bring you the man of your dreams in good time.

• Zandyzay March 14, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Typical Nollywood plot…. d movie title shall be called ‘MY EX’. Grab ur copy now!!!!!!

• Thatgidigirl March 14, 2016 at 6:33 pm

And all the while your ex is meeting some else fabulous and with less baggage (revenge plotting), getting married and having kids/grand kids ???….una get time. No be only return everything…….???

• Drknite March 14, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I now counter your points from a guys prospective, because clearly the advise giving were for the ladies.

Return Everything – Take everything from her and give it to her best friend or that girl she can’t stand.

Heal from a Distance – Go to the bar and hook up with some. If your ex was a 3, hook up with someone who is a 6 or 7. If you can pull a 10, God bless you and you are on your way to greater things.

Have the basics down – Now that you have dispose of that headache you used to call boo; do something nice for yourself – especially now that you are saving money

Upgrade your social media presence – this is pointless from a guys prospective; however you should stay away from your ex. you don’t need to be thirsty over something you already had and kicked to the curb.

Reconnect with mutual friends – Remember all those hours you spent with her pacing the mall or at her crazy mothers house? Now you can spend it with your buddies at gentlemen’s clubs or watching Liverpool beat up on Man U and Chelsea.

Run into your ex by ‘accident’ – Just to see how dingy she looks now, since you stopped sponsoring her lavish lifestyle.

Be fun and mysterious – If she is with her new street boy, be sure to share that you have fully recovered from the STD she gave you.

• Cookies? March 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Damn!

• Anon March 14, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Yoruba demon? I won’t be surprised.

• Cynical March 14, 2016 at 9:58 pm

@drknite……..oh no you didn’t……..ROTFL.

• ATL’s finest March 14, 2016 at 10:37 pm

Lol U get time for hand sha but I feel u on the last part. Fun & Mys what??? Hmmm ain’t nobody got all that time jare. It’s called an Ex- for a reason so sweetie in my C.brizzy’s voice #DEUCES# I’m off unto the next lane.

• olufunmi March 15, 2016 at 10:37 am

“Really”. Isn’t this childish for a guy

• babygiwa March 14, 2016 at 6:57 pm

DrKnite, good points. Loooool
    Back to the article, plenty talk ontop wetin? You better heal, move on and leave trash for lawma.

• Spunky March 14, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Most of these tit bits mentioned, over time, will make you feel hollow. Just move on already and take time to heal. The grass isn’t greener on the other side? BS. The grass is luscious on the other side. The best way to get it over with is to always wear your confidence…as painful as it may seem.

• MaryMary March 14, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Looks like someone is recovering from some issues “we both know you should move on” end of story… we should try to be more creative in articles, not reminding us of old gist, besides check google you will find this same gist there. Be more creative… propose better ideas… If you don’t have 1 then don’t write to d public, since you like writing, write to yourself.

• somtoo March 15, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Tess ooo. Please don’t read these comments. These guys are brutal. Kai

• Rito March 14, 2016 at 8:11 pm

A lot of her points are valid but, you shouldn’t be doing it to get even with your ex, but to be a better person. When you do better, you feel better, it boosts your self esteem and attracts some good people to you. I was in love with my ex. After our breakup, I cried and was so depressed and kept stalking him and his new flame…it killed me. It didn’t help that he called me from time to time to “check on me”. eventually, I realized That I Wasn’t Going Anywhere With this. I eventually went cold turkey and cut him and his family off cold turkey. If I run into them, I’d say hi but that was it. That hurt like hell but it helped. I got my stuff together, got a job, enrolled in nursing school and in the midst of doing all this, I met my amazing and patient current bf. I completely got over my ex while all this was happening because I was focusing on me. In this case, out of sight and phone, text, etc but talking to someone else who treats you well and being busy and productive equals out of mind. I started exercising, eating well and taking even better care of myself. Lord knows I look 10 times better than when I was with him. I recently bumped into his cousin and luckily enough, I was looking HOT LIKE FIRE! While talking to her, my boo called and I excused myself saying my boyfriend was calling. Now, I don’t know if she told her cousin (my ex) that she bumped into me and I really don’t care, but I’m glad I looked great when she saw me so even if word has to get out, it would be a good word. I don’t want my ex back and I don’t miss him, but it boosts my confidence even more that I’m doing better.

• neharra March 14, 2016 at 8:38 pm

You, my dear, have made the absolute best comment regarding this subject!!!! Nothing else to add.

• Some bitter ex March 15, 2016 at 11:22 am

I think this is the whole point of this post..or maybe what i read.. She’s not saying sit down and plot revenge..i mean do those things look like revenge to you? Those tips are basically moving on tips, anywhere on google sef, these r d tips ull find if u google moving on.. If I were to revenge what my exes have done to me I would become a witch,kill them, their sisters, and then wait for them to marry and kill their first born and then the wife during childbirth for the second one. THAT IS REVENGE!

Just kidding, i have moved on and I have someone i love dearly #okbye

• kinda awkward March 14, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Exes don’t exist.

• Iris March 14, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Lmbao omo Eddreamz has vexed. This is the ‘deepest’ and longest comment he has ever dropped. He didn’t even remember to add ‘no doubt’ at the end.

• Fashionista March 15, 2016 at 1:37 am

LMAOOO @ the lack of “no doubt”. serious vexing oh, i laughed hard when i read his comment.

• somtoo March 15, 2016 at 4:26 pm

I thought the exact same thing ooo. lmbooo

• Mamita March 14, 2016 at 10:11 pm

When my ex broke up with me, I healed. I did a lot of personal discovery, I read more, went out more and basically lived my life for me. I think trying to prove a point may get you drained. Just stay away and take care of yourself.

• Kokoro Dudu March 14, 2016 at 10:58 pm

What? I’m sorry you are nothing but a loser, I mean a real loser who thinks life is dead if dumped. Right from when Adam ate the bad apple, human invented dumping each other.

Break ups are like puberty. I’m lucky I don’t know you. Some of my best and most trusted friends today are those whose hearts I unwittingly crushed or who smashed mine.

Move on from the pain.

I can’t imagine a very shallow life if I want is to get back at the man who dumped me.

• Lozie March 15, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Mr. It is sad u have a low IQ, can’t you read and decode that these tips are about moving on?

• Papacy March 14, 2016 at 11:21 pm

My story. She did the breaking up. I didn’t even vex, I don’t know why. She did the breaking up and the crying at the same time?! I wonder if I should have held her and said things like “it’s ok”. I was literally being told I had no place in her heart! So I just stood up and walked away. No words. No call. I didn’t do all the deleting of numbers and contacts. Tah! Maka why? I just woke up the next morning (after feeling so depressed the night before), and just moved on. This is where it got tricky. You broke up with me, I respected your wish but you will not let me rest. Calling, pinging to say “hello”. I’m a gentleman, so I respond out of courtesy. Somehow she wanted to see me angry or mad or sad. I just didn’t want to be bitter and God was gracious I wasn’t. I moved on by vowing not to allow hurt or bitterness ruin me. I learned to appreciate myself, and found someone that felt the same about me. We did eventually get back after she asked for a second chance. That one na another tori. Point is, if you get dumped, it will hurt but don’t make that failed relationship the centre of your life! The person you’re pining over probably doesn’t give a damn. So just move on.

• MsChyka March 14, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Errmm….Liverpool beat up Man U n Chelsea? Ok na. Lol

• DeeDee March 15, 2016 at 7:33 am

1 -5 been there done that but it was never to get even cos guy was literally acting and showing off and leaving funny cryptic msgs on social media to get attention with random chics acting like Life’s great andSO 1 -3 had to be done to better my self by moving on knowing I was done from all that crappy past . Some one made a comment on guys not having time to act silly but i feel like they play the revenge game more and end up regretting .Life is not a race . Ive seen guys in quote moving on quickly getting married to rebound girls and end up regretting it i.e social media updates showing off like they better than you …Quite a number of guys do that. All that meeting up with mutual friends is not even necessary they jam you by mistake … say hi etc. .. Accidently bumping into the ex ….highest na hello hi hope you’re good ? Yes oh see you around sometime …..Talk end there . Life is to short to be trying to act better than but more of truly improving the inside so one does not end up repeating past mistakes…

• Miss K March 15, 2016 at 10:56 am

Funny! I went through all these phases unconsciously (not necessarily as itemised up there) with my ex. He initiated the break up, severed all ties etc. I dusted my ass and moved on. Two years later, I decided to watch a movie after work and met his cousin at the cinema (I was looking hot of course!) and said a quick hello……. My fellow bellanaijarians in the Lord, I saw two missed calls from dude.

Fastforward to January this year, nigga sent me a friend request on facebook (he deleted me from facebook at least 2 times during our relationship o); I was shocked but of course I’m operating on the #wastehistime2016 mode. Hell no! I ain’t going that lane again. I’m having my relationship in peace and of course getting married in October to the most patient and amazing man I’ve ever met. #Dazall

• Chi! March 15, 2016 at 11:38 am

Useless article! its ur type dat disrupt n destroy pple’s happy new relationships n marriages. instead of u to advise pple to move on n learn from their mistakes, u’re telling dem to be home breakers n miserable looser. what goes around comes around.it will come around to ur relationship.

• sigh March 15, 2016 at 1:15 pm

*Shocked face*

• Royale March 15, 2016 at 9:49 pm

When people don’t read and understand the point of an article, we get comments like yours, @chi did you even read the article to understand that it is about moving on? I am sure you most have graduated with a pass if you go school sef. So and find shop in balogun market and find something to sell.

• dosh March 15, 2016 at 1:52 pm

I agree with all of it, but if your ex didn’t love you truly, none of these things will make him miss u or feel diffrently..but if he loved u then u r on the right track doing this..

• Cameron March 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm

i’m sorry,writer…but you totally missed it. See ehn…the best thing you can do for yourself is LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOU. why should you waste your energy getting even?for someone that shouldn’t matter?Let me tell you…anybody or anything that continuously elicits a reaction from you Kinda controls you. If your ex is the reason you do certain things,HE/SHE IS STILL IN CHARGE. You haven’t moved on yet, until you come to that place where you’re indifferent…you don’t love them,you don’t hate them,you just don’t care.

Bear with me abeg,lemme tell you my experience. I dated someone for 3years(we met during our service year)I have had relationships in the past,but this was the first I really thought was IT.(He was to come and see my parents last december)You people that are shouting #YorubaDemon#, have you met a #portharcourtDemon before?Hei! You couldn’t tell! Humble,loving,from a christian home,goes to church,generous,did domestic chores sef!but he can cheat for Africa!and lying?my goodness!

First time he cheated,i broke up with him. Sociopath that he was,he wouldn’t stop calling.he would call,i would pick,I would curse,cry..rant.That was what he wanted.He needed to be sure he still affected me. Then I got over that phase,i went through the phase of trying to prove to him that I could live without him. EPIC FAIL. That was how he manipulated himself back into my life. Caught him in the act again last year, This time he went to the people that mattered to me…my family and best friend. While every1 was advising me to ‘calm down’ and ‘talk things out’, I found out that even while he was begging for a reconciliation, he was still cheating and flirting with everything on social media. I was done.i cried,I hurt,was angry,cried some more,and I felt better.I cut him off,no calls,no emails,no texts,i wouldn’t reply to anything. Told my family and friend too,everyone cut him off. Everyone was silent. HE WENT CRAZY with the messages.

Since we broke up,a lot of new things have happened in my life. I got a better job etc.His younger bro still calls me,cos we are both lawyers,and he needs something once in a while. But I have never felt the need to show off anything. It’s really not that serious. I have peace.

As for returning his things…Maka why na?i used to do that rubbish,but not anymore abeg.i deserve those things,biko! It’s the phone he bought for me I used to type this sef.will the guy return all the years /emotions I invested?or the gifts I bought for him?Again,it’s really not that serious.

Sorry for the Epistle.

• Miss K March 15, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Correct purzon! Return fire!! In fact as I type, I’m wearing the earrings he got me from London and I still have the Silver studs he got me as well.

• Eby March 15, 2016 at 3:15 pm

This article/ topic should be rephrased as “HOW TO MOVE ON FROM A TOXIC EX!” or “How to move on from a bad relationships…” and NOT TO GET Even but MOVE ON TO BETTER DAYS”. Cos people move on like this and not exactly to get back at the time waster(EX) but to recover from the time wasting.

• Amaka d igbo chic March 15, 2016 at 5:36 pm

My own opinion is that there is no perfect being out there even when u try to move on, which everyone belive is d best revenge. make do with d one you have, reflect on whatever went wrong and try make amends, in other words try make it work out. u can never find d right one but rather make effort to get it right.

• MzBeeHave March 21, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Give back what biko?? So because he spent money on me or bought me stuff during our relationship, I should now pack everything into a box and give it back?? Lie lie o!!! I don’t ask for my stuff back so they shouldn’t dream that Imma be returning anything. Brother, if we are in a relationship and you buy me a car, that car is not coming back to you in the event of a break up.
    Jewelry kwa! The only thing I would return is his engagement ring and even that, I would do some accounting to see if I am being owed any loans or whatever.

When you break up, you’re allowed to feel depressed and whatever but once that period is done, my dear, whether u are a guy or girl, please move on with ya life. Ain’t nobody gat time for drama. Work on you. Make yourself happy. Make sure you look good so that yes, whenever that inevitable run-in occurs, you look great. Even if it’s an off-day and ur not looking fab, smile and let them know that you’re doing great without them.

Widen your circle of friends, go out more, do the things that you didn’t do when you were with them because they were not feeling it. Don’t feel bad even if ur single and they move on. Be ur own boo and treat yourself. Be awesome and know that it can only get better.