Vlogger Toyosi Phillips is out with episode of her new show called “As Toyo Sees“.

On this episode she shares 3 reasons why Nigerians in Diapora should not move back to their home country. According to her, there are some various not-so-logical reasons “diasporans” are given to get them to move back to their home countries.

Watch below.

16 Comments on Toyosi Phillips shares 3 Reasons Not to Move Back to Your Home Country on Episode 2 of “As Toyo Sees” | Watch
  • LostInSpace March 11, 2016 at 3:39 pm

On point.. There’s money everywhere, you just have to look for it. 9ja people loves packaging, I don’t believe them

• Didi March 12, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Tell them Toyo. Every corner in Lagos, American/British accent, they are popular but no money in the pocket.

• Suwa March 11, 2016 at 4:51 pm

No mind them Toyosi

• Ami March 11, 2016 at 5:56 pm

This girl is so real and not forming!! Why so cool Toyosi??

• nene March 11, 2016 at 5:59 pm

if u are okay and comfortable wherever u are, be it nigeria, ghana, canada, etc just stay there. u don’t have to move back if u don’t want to. but for those in the entertainment industry, ur best bet is to move back because u won’t make it if u r not in nigeria.

• Lara March 11, 2016 at 6:57 pm

‘U won’t make it if u r not in Nigeria’? That’s a sweeping statement Nene. It may be hard, but not impossible.

• joy March 11, 2016 at 6:58 pm

This is the problem with us Africans. This belief that someone else should go and build our home countries while we stay in the diaspora and then we will come back when things are “fine” .Yet in the same diaspora we are complaining about every form of racism and being treated like second class citizens and getting angry at the way Africa is portrayed in media and its people being forever pitied but still there we are contributing to the economies of already established countries.
    You know that you can always find an excuse to stay in Canada, Germany etc.
    No one is going to do our push-ups for us people – we as Africans need to make tough choices. Of course its going to be tough, but if we are all truly tired of this “Save Africa and Africans” rhetoric then we should take the plunge and be the pioneers of the change you want to see.

• anon March 12, 2016 at 12:39 am

No I’m sorry. In the 70s people came back to help rebuild Nigeria. My parents came back in the 70s to make a future and help build Nigeria. Fast forward 20 yrs later. My retired dad struggling begging for his pension to be paid. My dad bundled us all back to the states with a stern warning. There is racism abroad but there is a system in place to fight it. My dad experienced the worse racism of his life employed in Nigeria by an INDIAN. Ask Nigerians employed by oil companies the sort of insults they recieve and liberties expatriate take , just because thry are in a country that doesn’t care for its people these expatriates will dare not try such liberties in their own countries because they know that there are laws in place to protect vunerable people. Nigeria is not worth dying for. People have done it in the past all for NOTTING. Go speak to your elders let them tell you about sacrifice and nigeria. It would take a blood revolution to quench the thirst of that dry corrupt waste land. Are you ready for that?.I am not so will not encourage it. Live and let live sister.

• Mohammad March 12, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Almost the exact story with my family! My parents moved back in 1979 after more than 10 years in the UK only for him to now have problems with his pension.
        In addition, I am gay and Nigeria does not class me as a human being. I have been lucky to not have encountered any debilitating racism here, so why move back to the promise of first-class citizenry which is a total lie? Sorry I no fit!

• Naomi March 12, 2016 at 12:45 am

Yawn….so nigeria is treating you like a first class citizen abi? You can make it anywhere in the 4 corners of the earth, dont bash people for choosing to be outside nigeria.

• kanayo March 12, 2016 at 9:07 am

Every year I come back home to Nigeria for my annual reminder of how much ISM there is in that country. I wouldn’t exchange the negligible amount of perceived racism I think I experience abroad to the reality and gross magnitude of corruption in Nigeria. I respect my people’s hustle oh but I opted out of that, I just can’t. You only live once. I have done my obligatory building house in the village, dig borehole, donate pews to my local church, tarring the road to join the major high way. I have tried small. People have done more to develop nigeria with the money they have earned abroad. Joy if you feel that strongly about effecting change in nigeria instead of calling out people in the diaspora as if they are to blame for the state of affairs back home why dont you , may be start something and then invite people to join /support your course. It’s easy to point the finger of blame but at the end of the day it all boils down to who will bell the cat. And please do remember that people in the diaspora contribute more to the development of Nigeria than the corrupt politicians who steal the money to buy home abroad.

• Mee March 11, 2016 at 10:11 pm

This makes so much sense. Loove it! Well done toyosi, well done:)

• Bussy March 12, 2016 at 1:27 am

Your comments sound great in theory. The current Nigeria can’t carter for its citizen- provide jobs, infrastructure etc. I came to the US almost 19 years ago with the intention of going to school and returning back home. I even made fun of people that had been here longer not knowing I was soon to join them. I have never had issues of being 2nd class citizen in the US. Besides, a nanny in a developed country is more financially stable than medical doctor in Nigeria. If i returned what I am going to do. I have gotten all my jobs here without knowing anyone or compromising my values and i love that. No fuel, electricity, people aren’t paid- if this is what it’s like to be treated as a first class citizen then i will pass.

• Ubi Franklin March 12, 2016 at 1:41 am

So true.

• Anonymous March 12, 2016 at 5:53 am

Well said Toyosi….keep keeping it real. What works for A may not necessarily work for B.

• fulloffaith March 12, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Do not come back to Nigeria unless you have a very juicy job waiting for you. Your faith will be severely tried if you do. Talking from experience.