NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 21: Mariah Carey and James Packer attend “The Intern” New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater on September 21, 2015 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Mariah Carey and her billionaire fiancée James Parker have put their wedding plans on hold.

One reason may be Mariah’s European tour, while the other reason is said to be the ceremony’s guest list.

While no one from James’s family have spoken publicly about the engagement, a friend claimed the billionaire’s mother Ros and her soon-to-be daughter-in-law are ‘very different women’.

‘Ros is a woman raised in the country with very traditional values who has maintained a dignified silence for all the years she and Kerry were in the spotlight.

‘Mariah is all bells, whistles and flashbulbs … they are very different women,’ a source told the newspaper.

22 Comments on Trouble in Paradise? Mariah Carey’s wedding to her billionaire fiancée James Packer ‘put on hold’
  • OkadaMan March 26, 2016 at 3:36 pm

I don’t get o! Whose wedding is it, Mariah or the mother-in-law? I tire

• kemi March 26, 2016 at 4:17 pm

lol wendy williams said it !!! everything was just too fast!

• jide March 26, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Wendy as shady and dirty as she is, rationalizes her shade and you can’t but see her logic. Her shade is not unfounded.

• swagg1 March 26, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Translation, there will not be a wedding. With all that diva behavior, who needs the drama.???

• King Bey March 26, 2016 at 4:35 pm

All these old men and women that cannot stay put in their marriages…it’s good they put it on hold and sort themselves out ..nonsense

• Na wa March 26, 2016 at 5:04 pm

So in-law problem no be only Nigeria…hmm

• ATL’s finest March 26, 2016 at 6:54 pm

@ Na wa lol I tell U. White folks mother inlawa are worse. At least, in Nigeria, some elders will always come into quench the issue but white folks nothing like that. My aunt is a Dr & married to a European Jeez her mother in law gave her hell @ one point, esp when my cousin was sick. Her bn the only child was stressful too but my aunt is one stubborn HEFFA so she was always ready for that woman. And her hubby new that if they try any divorce BS, my aunt will drain the mess outta her & her son ??. So my dear evil dey everywhere. But today nko she no get choice than to live my aunt in peace .

• Nkechi March 27, 2016 at 3:47 am

True talk. Can this current generation stop using Jeez as exclamation, guess it is so rampant that many people don’t know. Knowledge is power. Thou shall not take the name of the Lord your God on vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain. We learn everyday.

• Damilola March 27, 2016 at 7:34 pm

I disagree. African, naija mother in law are worse. At least, oyibo mother in law isn’t as entitled, wicked and conniving. Naija in mother in law will stir up deep hatred between their son and his wife, they won’t stop until they see the end of the marriage. Or they fight with juju. They already have it in their head, no woman is good for their son let alone one that is strong and won’t take her sh*t. I see some things, some of my aunts go through with their mother in laws, I’m convinced, these women are devil incarnate. My aunt’s mother in law took it to the point of sharing bed with her son, ask my aunt to sleep somewhere else, when she came around.

• Bey March 26, 2016 at 5:11 pm

A 3rd marriage for her son and even for Mariah and dey are still concerned about guest list. Just go to justice of d peace and do a small reception in d Garden.
    The MIL shld be more concerned abt dis being her sons last marriage and an iron-clad prenup is signed.

• jide March 26, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Never a good idea to marry your fans/groupies.

• Lol March 26, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Another reason could be …. Awon enemies hehehehe lols

• olajumoke March 26, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Something about this man is just off..I dont know what it is…

• Tosin March 27, 2016 at 8:50 am

yeah, he strikes me as dry, dull, maybe not very nice, pretty businesslike, using her as a blow-up doll, all of which she of course would know and be good at managing, as she’s pretty mature and experienced with a lot of emotional management skills, i think.
      loool, how do we know all these things?
      so if they marry after this little break of theirs, it’s not some blinded-by-love nonsense, it’s, you know, a mature partnership. they should do it joo, do it for TV.

• keke driver March 26, 2016 at 6:34 pm

This dude sef no try, with all His money……..Not cute at all…………….Mariah na wa o.

• ElessarisElendil March 26, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Dude also dated Miranda Kerr……………Mariah self nah downgrade for am.

• chi-e-z March 26, 2016 at 6:51 pm

mariah a wannade class snob yeah I said it I ain’t liked her since idol I ain’t bout 2 start she the reason I even started really liking nicki … not everyone wants a diva drama crazy ish mariah If the mom ain’t gat time 4 it you do a small fam wedding with her and do all ur glam hoopla with those fakeries in another one [yall can come up with the money 4 it] nyways who cares ain’t like the wedding is a marriage let’s see which last longer and cost more.

• chi-e-z March 26, 2016 at 6:53 pm

dang I sounded like a hater just thn I’ll own it. snobs irk me…

• Tosin March 27, 2016 at 8:53 am

🙂 to even imagine a non-elaborate shindig for a whole shine-shine-bobo Mariah Carey. Who invented shine-shine in the first place?
      Watch yoursef o! 🙂

• Spize March 26, 2016 at 8:53 pm

• lynda chiedu March 27, 2016 at 5:31 am

Hmmm,so whites too have issues,Mariah get a grip on yourself.

• Tosin March 27, 2016 at 8:27 am

oh noooo, and I thought we had our money sorted for the next few months/years. ehn, it’s all good.