Relationships

The NoiseMaker with Yemi Akisanya asks “Can All Naija Women Be “Had” at a Price?” Watch

It’s Valentine’s Day! – a day set aside every year to celebrate love, usually through tokens of affection.

This is episode 3 of Yemi Akisanya‘s web show – The NoiseMaker, produced by ToksVisions. On this episode, they ask … “Can all Naija women be ‘had’ at a price?”Yemi Akisanya - The NoiseMaker vlog

Watch!

The NoiseMaker is produced by ToksVisions.

1. anu

February 14, 2015 at 4:47 am

what if he is the best guy right now but the worst in 15 years? the point of prayers before getting hitched is to know if you are marrying the right one, to be sure about the future. People change, situations change, and im not talking about money or stability right now. what if hes the best man who loves you unconditionally now, but turns to a monster who’s looking for a second wife or divorce in 15 years? well you know he is a correct guy right now but do you know if he will be a correct guy in 20 years time? I mean, I would pray and fast about a man that i wish to marry before we marry, and Im certain if I believe, then God will talk to me on if hes the right one or not. I wont make an important decision like marriage based on how perfect my man is at the moment but how perfect he will be in future and I cant be certain of that “future” except I or my parents pray to God about it..

• Tola

February 14, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Anu, your comment touched me the most because not many people know this fact. Choosing the person to live with for the rest of your life is one of the most complicated steps in life that you cannot go into without the Holy Spirit. Our world already tells us that the most intelligent people miss it in marriage, Sometimes people wonder why that guy or this girl is so smart CEO of this and that, president etc yet he missed it in marriage three times. That’s food for thought right? but the answer is this, choosing the right person and having a lasting enviable marriage is no respecter of intelligence or even physical attributes.
      Anu, I took the step you advocated years ago when I could not understand why I didn’t have the right man. I had everything, beauty, education, dignified relatives, travelled and studied abroad yet no right man. Someone advised me( just like he said) to put myself out there so I started relating with people I never though I would with in my lifetime. I uploaded nice pictures on face book. Nothing proper came out of that and I am not saying that people should be enclosed and not come out but you must as a lady understand the spiritual aspect of having the right man. Your destiny is at stake here and the man you let in can either beautify it or mess it up woefully. Anyway, I advised myself and realized that if I wanted a lasting marriage, better to fast and pray at least if I have challenges on the way I can actually speak to God confidently that He told me to go ahead, didn’t want to waste my time and psyche. Eventually the right man came along. A lawyer with a regular 9 to 5 , had some pedigree but there was another guy who had greater pedigree and I was tempted. I felt education and pedigree meant good character and success but was so wrong. The most intelligent men break hearts my sister. God told me to marry a man who hears God not just fear God. Your husband must be able to hear the voice of God when He speaks so he can direct the family affairs properly. People won’t tell you all these because they don’t even know. Anu, God knows that I am not saying all these because I am on social media. My marriage has been so blissful and so blessed that the things I didn’t know he had came out. Eg I didn’t know my husband was a gifted entrepreneur, all he had was 9-5 when I met him. Now he is a great entrepreneur with so many people working under him. Another thing, I am so loved that he can’t do without me( not as a burden). This is just to give glory to God and encourage you to stay in the path of God’s wisdom.

As per Yemi, let’s remember that media people don’t always necessarily explain their own predicament solely. Yemi may be married yet have Nigerian men who are complaining of not meeting professional girls. There is something about God ordering the steps of a man. Have you ever experienced something amazing and told yourself that you were just in the right place at the right time. Yet some people are always in the wrong place at the wrong time. The day he is supposed to receive double promotion is the day he had headache and chose to rest for a while though he has been hard working since the beginning of the year. Life is not always physical.

• Tosan

February 16, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Things have changed now. Asking God was not new years before now, that was the natural thing to do since he sees the end from the beginning and we can only see thus far. Have you seen a situation where that boy who made a first class later in life had to go ask his colleague who made a 2:2 to employ him. The one with a 2:2 started a pharmaceutical company with someone else from the scratch now they are doing business on government level. It happened to someone I know. If you were a woman, you would be attracted to the first class candidate. in life 2 times x is equals to 4 while x is a variable depending on a lot of things especially the forces working for you. I know a man who went to God and prayed this way ‘ God show me my wife and I will marry her, I did not get born again to practice nonsense. How can I be born again and be dropping and picking’ 30years going now with successful children both of them are still doing well.. Choosing a partner is deep. How will you know the one that will turn you into a widow or the one that will change. What about very good men who all of a sudden become players and people just wonder what he saw that made him change. How will you know the woman that will destroy it all just by the way she is dressed. In my own case, I prayed and fasted. My husband heard from God initially then I also prayed and fasted. Two different people from who knows what there ancestors have done or been to coming together is not a joke.

2. Old friend

February 14, 2015 at 5:04 am

Yemi!! Biko just go and marry o! Over a decade later and you still dey do club? Lol once a fine boy, always a fine boy. You know say you sabi good women even in that Chicago, all of them don dey leave una turn by turn. We don marry finish o! Hail Wole and Toks too

• NaijaPikin

February 14, 2015 at 1:09 pm

But he is married and has a gorgeous daughter. How well do you really know him. Lol

• Old friend

February 14, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Thank you Voltron, park well abeg! I know of the pretty oyinbo lady and absolutely beautiful daughter ( a spitting replica of daddy), This was meant to be a friendly jab and wasnt meant as an insult, I know Yemi from when he played football in college! I know the whole crew. See them grow from young teenagers to grown men. He is an amazing guy, and has had many great ladies who worshiped him, as per fine, educated man (now I see rocking the Northwestern Masters–e no easy!)
      Just saying I dont agree with the video, he sabi plenty betta women. It brings out the wrong image of him, and I know better

• anwuli

February 15, 2015 at 1:45 pm

So hang on… if you know he’s married. why did you say “Go and marry”?… lol

• Im sleep

March 24, 2015 at 8:33 pm

allegedly married

3. Chy

February 14, 2015 at 5:09 am

This punk, change the title of your vlog cause your mama and sisters and aunties are Naija women. If you don’t. Please do me a favor and go ask them “can all naija women be had at a price”? stupid punk.

4. fleur

February 14, 2015 at 5:34 am

Sad but true.

5. straight

February 14, 2015 at 6:51 am

This got me laffing so loud. But srzly y is it only runs gals u kept attracting..plus if like u mentioned..u know sum gud women.y didn’t u hook up with dem.i feeel u kept contradicting urself..u wia looking for flings n u got it at a price.so stop complaining.lol!nice 1..got me laughing!

6. kenny

February 14, 2015 at 7:40 am

I heard that too but was quite surprised….. Am yet to USE MY EYES TO SEE

7. thathausachic

February 14, 2015 at 9:14 am

Guy see us here oh! Always going to church, office, market and home. We try and go out every now and then but get tired to hang out. Not all babes are like that but some learned through life experiences. It’s well.

8. LotusFlower

February 14, 2015 at 9:59 am

This guy is so clueless. The fact that he is wondering where intelligent women are speaks volumes about HIM! lol. I can’t believe he made a video admitting that the women in his network are “working women”. Yemi, you are what you attract! Simple!
    Obviously, the hardworking, decent ones are not drawn to you. Ask yourself why.

9. Modupe

February 14, 2015 at 10:32 am

All you naija men are confused! You meet a girl and you carry her home for sex on the first night and you dey vex say she wants money rather than talking politics with you whilst you scratch your balls! You meet correct chick that talks politics etc with you, does not ask for money, liked sex as such as you do, you dump her and say you are not ready for a relationship, she is too loose etc. naija men are confused.com. Don’t naija men have a price? Free Sex, free food, free petrol, eye handy, cleaner, home keeper, baby factory, free pocket money. Abeg, go sidon somewhere.

Which one is university of Abeokuta ? Get your facts right before opening your mouth jare. Drop that glass of wine too.

• Obi

February 14, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Hahahahaha….omg!!

• Ross

February 15, 2015 at 7:54 am

Thank you jare Modupe, don’t mind them. If you don’t have fake hair and 10” heels on, these men don’t even see you, then he’s wondering where the good girls were. Nigerian men want to be toasted and if you don’t make the first move as a woman, they ignore you. Really confused.com, rubbish

10. TheGirlInTheBlueScarfh

February 14, 2015 at 10:37 am

Noisemaker indeed!….why won’t the ‘runs’ girls tell you its all naija girls when they don’t want to be alone….rubbish question

11. taurus

February 14, 2015 at 11:37 am

Lol…this is hilarious. Probably there are girls like me. I’m so boring. From school to library to work to church then back home. Maybe you could check these routines…though I’m not in Nigeria sha,i can relate but you guys still complain about girls like us not being fun to be around with,being too reserved and bla bla. Don’t know which side to follow but I just love me and my boring self. Lol

• EllesarisEllendil

February 14, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Don’t follow any side but your own.

• sunshine

February 15, 2015 at 3:08 am

Your own is good. My own is school to gym and that’s all. I don’t go to church every Sunday. Am just an indoor person hence most guys I meet are on social network. Crazy!

12. sparky

February 14, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Yemi there are several good girls out there, but you dont get to notice them cos u guys r always busy with the flashy ones, a girl can b flashy and stil be good, I dnt doubt dat but most are a lil bit reserved, also u dont expect a 9-5 lady to be at a club or bar or sumthing after working hours except weekends. Everyone has a price but d price doesnt necessarily have to be money

• Ruth

February 18, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Exactly. These men complain about women but never have proper self reflection about the kind of person they are and are attracting. He seems like the type to overlook a normal, hardworking good woman but go for the flashy ones then complain. It’s hard to take yemi Akisanya seriously bcos he’s full of contradiction, and speaking out of ignorance. Nigerian women are some of the most hardworking women I know. Not saying the type he’s talking about don’t exist but to make generalization is unacceptable. And I also believe these nigerian women who ask for money is not limited to naija babes but women in general do it. Yemi, if you don’t have constructive criticism keep your mouth shut.

13. ms.b

February 14, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Male toke!

14. Oluwanisola

February 14, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Read some comments and need I say it is high time we started to express our own opinion and not judge others who chose to be vocal
    A fact that I can prove has worked for me is that I attracted men that has a reflection of the Personalty I built for my self plus the opposite and at the end I choose whom to relate with, sieve the undesirable.
    When Elijah thought he was the only prophet of God, he was told there are 10 or few more whom has not bowed to Baal
    At the end am a Nigerian lady and I say it’s no point to prove you wrong until you’ve had a different version of your experience. (Although I perceive you are unbiased). Selah.

15. Ona

February 14, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Hmmm….i agree with what he said wholeheartedly and have questioned the state of naija today from the naija i left 15 years ago. However, i cant help but give Yemi the side eye seeing that he’s married to a white woman. Not that he cant have an opinion about this issue because he’s married to a non-naija woman, but it does make me feel some typa way hearing our women being criticized publicly from a man who ended up with a non-naija woman. I hope what i’m saying makes sense cos i have no prblem at all with IR relationships, its just the role its playing in this matter thats all.

• Yinka

February 14, 2015 at 4:46 pm

So he married a white woman?…..not surprised. I wonder what commoncents and Toks are up to as well. E don tey sha from the days of NR

• Old friend

February 14, 2015 at 7:14 pm

LOL!!!! NR…commoncents…Toks

• Toks Akisanya

February 18, 2015 at 5:37 am

All Hail ‘NR’… lol. I’m doing well, can’t complain. And I appreciate the shout out.

I also enjoyed reading every comment on here.

16. taurus

February 14, 2015 at 2:57 pm

@elle… Definitely 😀

17. Chacha

February 14, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Yemi, weren’t you in a relationship “last year….last may”?? Mmhhhmmmm. What were u doing taking babes home in the first place? And what kind of solicitations were u making for the babe to start asking u for money? Not that i condone these runs behaviors at all, but no sane chic will just come and be asking u for pay when u’re just keeping it platonic. What do u expect from such easy chics?? Annnnd these remarks are just wierd coming from a man who married a white woman. If Karen Igho or Uche Jombo who are married to white/hispanic men made videos bashing naija men like this(while chilling with their oyibo men) and calling them controlling, unfaithful or abusive….it wont sit right with me either. Its convenient for u to sit in ur glass house and throw stones esp since most people here dont know ur marital status(u keep hiding that ring finger “wink”) or who u’re married to. I find it rude and actually condescending…..just like i would if a naija babe married to a non-naija man came on here bashing naija men. The grounds are not level.

• Chacha

February 14, 2015 at 3:07 pm

*leveled

18. Chacha

February 14, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Bella where is my comment?

19. Tobenna

February 14, 2015 at 4:52 pm

I’m a 30 years old (Igbo) guy that lives in California. I must admit that i am very embarrassed by what this guy (Yemi) was saying. I will like all you beautiful and well behaved, Hard working women/sisters out there to know that, that was just Yemi’s opinion. Unfortunately he is wrong. I disagree with Yemi. There are more decent girls and women in Naija than there are in most countries of the world, But unfortunately our brother Yami did not see them, because he was looking at the wrong places, Like in clubs , bars and hotels.

As they say, “Birds of the same feather flock together.”

Most decent girls are always busy with work, school and other things in their life.
    They don’t have time to parade themselves around ( half naked ) in the streets of lagos or in those places you saw and met the ones you met.

Words of advice to Yami=
    Do your research well before turning on your camera and opening your mouth.

20. fleur

February 14, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Was offended a bit and then not, and then a bit and then finally not. My final stance is because the economic situation in Nigeria has actually made access to financial resources the primary motivation-whether implicit or explicitly stated- for many women to engage in something as simple as banter with males in Nigeria, not to talk of dating. Let us be frank, women. If you have an MD degree, and you are in your residency and the sky is blue for you, and you run into a boy who has no bicycle, speaks correct English, his dad is a motorcyclist and he just completed his Bachelors, is a no name (no big family name), is not OMATA and is still applying for work, has shoes that are worn, is known for his one not so sassy shirt and pair of pants, WOULD YOU agree to date him? Answer is more likely than not, NO. Twenty years ago, perhaps yes because the potential to grow was there irrespective of your pedigree. Now the potential barely exists to climb from one rung of the economic ladder to another. To compound issues, the standards have changed. People would now like to brag about a trip to Dubai and some other exotic places. If you cant brag about it, you are lame. Social pressures, if we want to give it a label, is indirectly manipulating the lens through which we view prospective males. In fact, we start seeing males as ATMs to fulfil our needs, which are in turn informed by social pressures of our time. Before you know it, you can cross that fine line between prostitution and dating and justify prostitution with all kinds of self-deceit. Then of course, the question is does receiving a gift mean you are now a prostitute? No. Societal norms have told the men that the way to show affection is through gift giving. However, if your level of gift giving is a private jet trip to a private beach, then that is what the lady receives. If it is a free meal at the bukateria, then that is what she gets. In either instance, it is not prostitution if the terms of the relationship are not premised on fee for services provided, ie, the lady is not dating the man with the implicit or explicit intent to collect, and the man is not dating with the explicit or implicit intent to collect u know what and pay with material things. Since there is no way to read people’s minds, it is easy to disagree with the vlog. Now in my hay days, I received quite a few offers. I had a business baron once send his limo to my father’s gate with a uniformed chauffeur (in Nigeria in the early nineties) to coerce me into dining with him. Are you kidding me? I did not like the man and I told the driver to tell him not to come to my father’s house again because I was not interested. I once had another loaded investment banker offer to give me the title to a house he was building with a swimming pool if I agreed to marry him, not even have sex or date him. I thought he wanted me too desperately that he would turn me into his coveted toy. I told him no. He also showed up at my father’s gate with a 5 series BMW in those days and said he would leave the car there for me and take a cab home if I agreed to be his wife. I said no and asked him to move the car before my father set his eyes on it. Those two examples to say to you Mr Vlogger that we do say no. BTW, I think the men after me were driven by the fact that they were used to easy conquests and here was this scatterbrained not the most pretty kid telling them no. I was a challenge. I have many more stories where those came from. It was a thrill to see men fall over themselves because none could lay claim. It is almost as if they used to have meetings about what they should tempt me with. Men are funny creatures. I met one again about 16 years later at a business meeting and he says to me “you are a woman I respect very much. Come and meet my wife. I cannot believe you refused all my offers. I really was enamored.” He ended with “Who married you self?” aaagh!!! “The simplest man on earth I offered. You should meet him too so you know why I said no to you!”

• Tade

February 15, 2015 at 7:04 pm

You can’t even overemphasize social pressure. I know a girl who came from the US and everyone around kind of knew. She also has ‘porsche’ friends but they were surprised she didn’t even let them know when she got married. She lived in Abuja travelled to Lagos and that was it. In my own opinion, she probably didn’t want her sophisticated friends to see the guy.
      I am also happy about the offers you turned down. This is what I have been trying to explain to so many men. Not every women needs your money. There are women out there who won’t even trade beauty for money, there are also women who are looking for a good man with a great heart. A man who will never cheat on them. Staying pure in marriage is more important to many women than having so much money and sleeping with everyone in skirt which actually makes any woman feel embarrassed so I don’t know where men got the idea that once they have money they can get any woman that’s not true. I remember a man came to visit me with his Mercedes when I was in Uni but I didn’t like him so I did not even give him a chance. I will be shocked if he thought his Mercedes will somehow change my opinion. So men work on your hearts. If you really want a woman please treat her very well before and after marriage and she will respect you no matter how professional she is.
      Another point here is the fact that fathers must begin to take their daughters lives seriously since they are the first contact. My dad bought me a car in Uni(you may not be able to afford a car but please show that daughter of yours great love and the concept of sacrifice. Let her know that she is special) he travelled with me to register on my first day. My peers didn’t forget it, so I was loved and had a responsible father. That’s why what mattered to me wasn’t money but a man’s heart. We will be rich if we follow God’s wisdom that’s not a problem but what of the state of a man’s heart. If your guy is a player rich or poor you are already in hell and your life and health are at risk. Ladies, please keep your dignity and men be very sure you won’t break her heart or pray for the gift of celibacy no point in making a woman miserable.

21. Beau Donna blog

February 14, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Wasn’t thinking about it that way, but you do have a point there

22. tolu

February 14, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Wow, I actually read everything you wrote and you couldnt have said it any better! There is nothing like letting God lead the way.

23. Kay

February 15, 2015 at 9:54 pm

In trying to sound intelligent, this dude comes across as very unintelligent… Gosh!!! I couldn’t even wait for the clip to be over.. Are you kidding me???? You don’t want to believe that all Naija girls can be bought? Seriously?
    So you actually think there might be an iota of truth in that all Naija babes (over 30million of them – Not sure the actual figure) can be bought? Is it true? As in that’s how uneducated you are? And yes I’m quite upset I had to comment.
    Goodness!! Not everyone has to have a Vlog or Webisode or whatever!!!

• Kay

February 15, 2015 at 9:57 pm

“were working” “ahn ahn” you know .. kmt. Trying to be so condescending and judgmental. Like others have said, maybe you should check your circle of friends. This video is actually an insult to the millions of Nigerians out there working hard

24. Surely

February 16, 2015 at 3:50 am

This Yemi Akisanya sounds like a first class misogynistic a*hole.
    You start your dumb a*s video with a song calling women ashawo. Then you say you “hung out” with women and in the morning she was asking for money. Then the comments open your behind as a married man. You’re worse than the women you speak of.
    You already think Nigerian women are cheap then you come and form self-righteous on here saying you don’t believe that we are all money-thirsty. You’re just contradicting yourself left right and center, and honestly I dunno why I wasted my precious 5 mins on this trash of a video.

• Tobi

February 20, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Really. Yemi, that’s not good o please. My brother. You are married o. My life is amazing and I am loving it. Sometimes I find it hard relating with clubbing, affairs, next morning gbogbo e, didn’t think Yemi was referring to himself also, I thought he was talking about other Niger guys generally. I am surrounded by young handsome men who send me scriptures, pray in tongues for three hours, focused, masters, phd, Harvard, Cambridge, one wife and kids, responsible, advise me, hear God. That’s my life o. The last party I attended was a birthday party.

25. Ruth

February 18, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Oh wow, I remember Yemi back then with Toks. They used to make fun videos. I’m so done with these men always talking about women this or that especially naija women. Well, it’s the type of women he hung out with which says a lot about him. So, is that why he married oyinbo girl. Yemi, please go and focus on your oyinbo wife and leave naija women alone.