Relationships

Would You Let Your Parents Influence Your Choice of Husband/Wife? Watch ‘The NoiseMaker’ with Yemi Akisanya

‘The NoiseMaker’ – Yemi Akisanya is back with a new vlog!Yemi Akisanya - The NoiseMaker

His first webisode – on makeup transformations, really caused a stir.

Today he’s asking how much you’d let your parents influence your choice of spouse.

Watch

The NoiseMaker is produced by ToksVisions.

1. Nma

February 12, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I won’t . Their parents didn’t choose for them so y will dey choose for me. . . But at times it seems what they choose for us might be better than what we chose. But me naa

2. uju

February 12, 2015 at 7:56 pm

I’m with Yemi on this. I’ll go with my heart. My life, my mistakes. I won’t have it any other way

3. Christian

February 12, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I’m going through the exact same thing, except I’m from a different country but still based in Africa, and his from Nigeria precise igbo. So idk I live it to the one true God. But I wouldn’t let them choose for me, my parents have kept silence about it niw because I refused to end it. So there is still a God.

4. NaijaPikin

February 12, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Their opinions are welcomed, but it’s very much my choice.

Pet peeve: Can’t stand men who are still puppets. Their parents make decisions for them. It is the greatest sign of weakness and such a man cannot leade my household.

5. Yemi

February 12, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Hmm….let me start by saying parents know you best…so when they are giving their opinion they are coming from a loving place……in the case of christian getting married to a Muslim that only works if you are not reglious you just happen to be from a Christian home……because sometimes it is difficult to convert people…….

• ibe miriam Amarachi

February 13, 2015 at 9:11 am

There are things that our parents know which is out of the experience they had in the past .if you are from a good home look into what they are saying because no good parents can deceive their children.

• MC

February 13, 2015 at 10:17 am

But I know myself better than my parents know me.

• heyhey

February 15, 2015 at 10:39 pm

not all parents know their children very well. the reality is that most nigerian parents know the parts of their kids their kids wants them to know.

6. Olori Tari

February 12, 2015 at 9:50 pm

These taking name to pastor thing for prayer can be ‘one kain’ oo…

– Lol when girls give the pastor a totally wrong name and mix up their names. As per give Mr A, Mr B’s surname and vice versa. Or when you make up some random name from nowhere. But somehow there’s a message about that Mr invincible… AH.
    – OR when then they give three different pastors the same name and they all have contradicting messages…HIAN.
    – The Christian x Muslim saga – once you hint them that he is a Muslim.. The Lord would say it is not the way forward. But if you keep mute and give them no clue ‘he might just be the one’
    – some people give names to the same pastor every year and the new guy is always the one…

Of course, it is not like this every time I suppose His scenario just made me think about where I stand with this name giving to religious leaders.

7. BabyDee

February 12, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Ahhh Toks of Naija Ryders days shay? Good one bro. Your bro (I’m assuming ‘cos of the same last name) is fine o. But please ehn, why is he hiding the other hand? He married or some’fin? I mean, show the hand nau, haba.

ohh, as for me, I’ll go with my heart as well, and for one of the same reasons Yemi has given. I can’t make my parents happy, they move on with their life while i spend the rest of my life regretting, wishing I had followed my heart, There’s nothing worse than being in a marriage with someone you don’t want\love\like.

-BabyDee

8. TheMaestress

February 13, 2015 at 3:59 am

Please what’s the name of the song at the start of the video? Thanks!

• Olori Tari

February 13, 2015 at 7:29 am

Adekunle Gold – Sade (Story of my life cover)

My pleasure 🙂

9. Ibukun

February 13, 2015 at 7:12 am

Guy why you dey hide your other hand na?Anyway nice video.

10. Tee

February 17, 2015 at 4:56 pm

May God help us all, i am currently going through something related to this. His parents have gone to meet various pastors and they have all said am not his wife and marrying me will make him miserable and he will forget his parents, meanwhile my parents went to pray and they said we are a perfect match. What i dont understand is why after 6years of relationship, and 2yrs of being engaged they have suddenly come up with this at this time. We are just confused, my parents are confused and they have refused to give their support.