Relationships

Yemi Akisanya: Men Don’t Care if Women are Light-Skinned, so Don’t Bleach! | Watch Latest Vlog

BellaNaija.com

It’s The NoiseMaker again!

BN-ers have had a lot to say about the vlogs and this one will be no different. For Yemi Akisanya‘s previous vlogs, click here.

Yemi Akisanya - The NoiseMaker vlog Toks TVIn this episode, Yemi examines the motives behind women bleaching, talks about what men find attractive in women and vice versa.

He says most women find dark, tall men attractive, but men don’t darken their skin, so why should women conform to what they think men like?

Watch!

The NoiseMaker is produced by ToksVisions.

1. Dubai mum

February 18, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Thank you Yemi!

2. Person

February 18, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Coming from a man married to a white woman, this is rich. Ok, we haf heard. Oya, sit down. BN, it haf do. Doesn’t he have any other thing to talk about? Except women?

• ade

February 19, 2015 at 11:30 pm

I am quite concerned for Yemi regarding this white woman issue, it comes up many times and that affects acceptance of most of his comments. Only Yemi can tell us. People marry white women for different reasons,(same college, green card, communication, love and understanding it might not be because he likes light skinned women. Honestly, and I am not being sarcastic, can someone tell me why our men leave Naija girls to marry other people. Please write it online, you tube, blog. Just inquisitive. I am a married woman, lover of knowledge and I care about my single sisters.

• belle

February 24, 2015 at 9:44 pm

I thought he married her because he got her pregnant. I know him through a cousin, so this is just speculation on my part. No pics of her, then bam, baby and marriage.

3. *Real* Nice Anon

February 18, 2015 at 5:24 pm

At the end of the day as a woman, you have to be okay with who you are. Love yourself, know your worth and NEVER EVER compromise on who/what your core beliefs are. Paying attention to what Nigerian men want/like is a first class ticket to long thing dot com. Live and never just exist. Also accept that many may never rock with it and be okay with that as well.

4. RITA

February 18, 2015 at 5:37 pm

LOL OLD NEWS!! PLS 90% OFF NIGERIAN MEN LOVE LIGHTSKIN WOMEN PERIOD! FACTS ONLY

• Ade

February 18, 2015 at 9:55 pm

How can 90% naija men love light skin when majority of naija women are dark/brown skinned. Abeg, bleachers and toners, stop it. But these men still marry these dark skin women. My wife is dark skin. Why do naija women resist the truth. Most men don’t care the skin of your color, as long as you have something good to offer as a wife and mother.

• nene

February 18, 2015 at 10:57 pm

truth!

• Anon

February 19, 2015 at 1:10 am

Only if all you said is the truth sadly it is not! You are married to a black lady, good for you. But the fact still remains that Nigerian men are attracted to light skinned ladies.

• belle

February 24, 2015 at 9:45 pm

lol. Also most of the women considered beautiful in nigeria are dark. It’s very confusing to me when people assume men prefer light skin women.

5. polishedcrown

February 18, 2015 at 5:59 pm

When are MEN going to learning that we WOMEN do not do EVERYTHING for them, we were NOT put on this earth to please MEN!
    I am not pro bleaching do whatever makes you feel good, make sure you know the pros and cons. xx

6. Linsey

February 18, 2015 at 6:04 pm

So fake yansh no be insecurity abi?

7. molly6

February 18, 2015 at 6:56 pm

TRASH TALK, PLEASE GO AND FIND WORK YEMI. SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE A LOT OF SPARE TIME, GO READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING. YOU MARRIED A WHITE WOMAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

8. faith

February 18, 2015 at 7:02 pm

that is a huge big fat lie. i dont understand y men keep deceiving themselves like that, who is he trying to impress. most men like light skinned women, not just african men but black men across the globe, esp wen dey become wealthy dey drop deir dark skinned girls n go for a light skinned lady. we should quit this hypocrisy and accept the truth that men or should i say most men like light skinned ladies. there re some men who dnt evn want to come close to dark skinned girls becos they see dem as ugly, dirty. etc. where i come from if u go for an audition for a commercial or movie role or a tv scene, and you are not light skinned forget it. personally i dont think bleaching is the best, but if you think that will boost ur self image then go for it, but then go through it the safer way. Adios.

• Ruth

February 18, 2015 at 9:57 pm

And the light skin women still get dropped for another woman. So, it has nothing to do with skin color.

• Nedu

February 19, 2015 at 12:11 am

You cannot say “most men like light skinned women”. Rather, most light skinned women think most guys like light skinned women. I promise you, we could care less. The bleaching thing even annoys us. Whether you’re dark or light, so long as you’re beautiful with something upstairs; perfect for you and us. Sorry for those of you that think all men are crazy about light skinned women; you’ll seriously have to reevaluate.

• Tola

February 19, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I still think men prefer light skinned women. No one can take that mentality away, A woman doesn’t have to bleach. It is not necessary. Girls stop changing your person in order to please a man. One day you won’t even remember yourself again. Seek God. Girls who didn’t even want to lose their dignity have lost it due to some men. Biko. Love God and love yourself. Women we no fine pass you de get good husband. There is more.

9. sheunfaji

February 18, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Isn’t Bella tired of talking featuring stories about this?! For goodness sake, just learn to love yourself, and call it a day! Geez!!!!! If that means bleaching yourself to get what you want, do so. Cause I am so tired of Bella Naija beating this dead horse. (Rolls eyes)

10. Uzoamaka

February 18, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Yemi Chicago, great vlog. But I’m confused, this is coming from a man that is married to a white woman!!!

• Pale

September 21, 2019 at 1:22 am

They are always doing this. Telling us not to wear wigs, weave, perm or texturized our hair. Saying they would like us more. LOL then are mostly with women naturally with those features. Women are responders. Personally I think any blk man who doesn’t or never dated black women or isn’t married to one need to stay quiet on it. They don’t do this to non blk women because they know they would get their asses handed back to them.

11. deeza

February 18, 2015 at 9:00 pm

I’m a very dark skinned lady and I love myself to da bone, i’m not concerned with what men prefer @ all, i’m so in love with my rare complexion I frankly don’t care about all that “nansense”, so if u’re in to me I know u’re like me a rare breed of sophisticated intellect and taste as well as appreciative of rarity and quality, ha ha..

12. Ri

February 18, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Very SHALLOW, so you sit there condemning girls for bleaching but saying again the same time that fake butt implants are okay. You’re exactly the kind of guy I pray against. love yourself that’s all. Tired of all these double standards from random irrelevant people who got hold of a camera.

13. Idomagirl

February 18, 2015 at 9:42 pm

#sigh

14. Uju

February 18, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Dude is confused and contradicting himself. It’s ok to get a butt implant but no to bleaching? Then you go on to say you prefer light skin women? Homie, you need several seats.

For the record I am a yummy chocolate skin lady and wouldn’t have it any other way. If you’re fine, you’re fine, lightskin or otherwise!

15. kaya

February 18, 2015 at 10:11 pm

this dude left his sense wherever he dropped his glasses! the lamest vlog ever!!!

16. Snolove

February 18, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Just because his married to a white women that don’t mean that y he married her…it was beyond that .some of u need to listen carefully bfr posting .pssshh move over

17. Jojoophina

February 18, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Oga Yemi biko speak for yourself.
    At the end of the day men prefer and are always attracted to light skinned ladies esp in this part of the world.
    #TeamEbony

18. jenny

February 18, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Let’s face d truth men prefer light skined to dark skined women.simple

19. Amy

February 18, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Yemi, I do get where you are coming from but your argument is not strong, neither is it concrete or well structured. You need to understand that women just don’t bleach to please men. Society in general has deemed the lighter skin male and female race above the darker skin and that is why you find a lot of women bleaching. Women bleach to get jobs as well. Now I am not condoning bleaching, as a matter of fact I hate it but that is the reality that we live in. Rather than making a vlog condemning bleaching make one that uplifts the dark skin women or one that generally talks about women bn beautiful no matter their skin color. I suggest you redo the vlog.

20. Wifey

February 19, 2015 at 12:26 am

But why should we care what men think about a woman’s skin color? The affirmation of a man is not the end all be all. Please, enough of this crap. its very annoying and sends a bad message.

21. vAn

February 19, 2015 at 3:00 am

Gtfoh Yemi

22. Somebody

February 19, 2015 at 4:56 am

Hian. Yemi biko, we don’t care what you have to say. Face your marriage (or lack of it).

23. Tebbie

February 19, 2015 at 7:40 am

“Men Don’t Care if Women are Light-Skinned, so Don’t Bleach! “… because men are the only motivation a woman can have for doing anything, right?

I’m not saying bleaching is good or bad, I just don’t agree with the notion that ALL women who bleach are doing it solely to be accepted by men. So he is basically, publicly licensing women to be dark-skinned and to love themselves, thank you so much for the permission. “We really appreciate!”

24. bela9

February 19, 2015 at 10:36 am

Why all the bickering and tantrums na? If u simply want to authenticate what yemi said why don’t we just go to the polls na! For me Fair skin any day all day.

25. Just dat

February 19, 2015 at 2:22 pm

I concur wif you @ Rita. Just last month I attended a wedding with my fair sister/friend whom i am way prettier than. Guys kept hovering ova her cos she is fair, But once they realized she is just attractive not beautiful, they shifted their attention to me while I snobed them all in return, lol stupid men . The truth is men are attracted to what they see and fair is attractive while black is beautiful.

26. mx

February 19, 2015 at 3:53 pm

bleacher r angry ooo…Lol…ladies before u start bleaching go ask all those single bleachers y there dark skin friends r married…men dont care about ur bleaching [email protected]$,and if this gets u angry u dey bleach

27. Nicole

February 19, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Oh so you are married….to a white woman for that matter….. Oh dear, there goes another one. Anyways, with that smirk on your face through out the video. I believe you are not oblivious to the fact you approached this topic in a very insensitive manner, with very insensitive points.

28. O

February 19, 2015 at 5:26 pm

I did not watch, but na lie, they wanna care die. Do you think women are bleaching because of women? It’s because when you out with yo friends, the guys almost always go for the yellow ones. No be eye men dey take decide wetin den wan follow. Abegi, na you get yellow complex pass.

29. Happy

February 21, 2015 at 12:12 am

Funny cause what he is saying is true. Whether or not he’s married to a white woman or not… not sure why people are so upset at him. LOL

30. mamo

April 6, 2015 at 10:20 am

I am a light skinned lady… Lemme give you d gist… Light skinned ladies are prefered to many dark girls… When you now put on maybe red lipstick or a red dress… Black even… Damn… The guys go crazy!!!! Its sweet being fair… Thanks mummy… Any complexion is beautiful… Carriage and the right amount of makeup at the right time, add good manners to jara the tin… You are sombody’s fantasy… Love yourself, be yourself… We are made for one person… Pray you don’t miss that person, all odas are just passersby in your life’s story…