Career

From NIS Stampede to Using ‘Connections’, Yemi Akisanya Discusses Finding a Job in Nigeria

Yemi Akisanya - The Noisemaker

Yemi Akisanya is back again with Episode 8 of his vlog, The NoiseMaker.

In the episode, he talks about how many people have to use ‘connections’ to find a job in Nigeria.

He also refers to the National Immigration Service (NIS) stampede/scandal, of which President Jonathan recently compensated the victims’ families.

Watch!

The NoiseMaker is produced by ToksVisions.

You can also follow Yemi on Twitter: @y_diddy.

1. rita

March 17, 2015 at 8:23 pm

ugh boring! please we want COMPLICATED!!!! abi we should start begging for season 2

2. Seriously

March 18, 2015 at 1:35 am

Yemi, it’s nice you are doing these videos. However, we need solution based videos, not reiterate the same problems. Nigerians are aware of the problems and we can talk all day long about the critical problems but how do we implement ways to better ourselves and the country.
    I expected, that you did some research, and had some new knowledge or information to share with your viewers. Or you had some connection with people that will give unbiased insight about the job market in Nigeria in a way that will encourage Nigerians planning to go back home.

3. McLecker

March 18, 2015 at 1:42 am

Eagerly clicked this looking for a “quick fix” cos I wanta come back home too. I dont know much about the situation in Nigeria, but from my research and findings I believe it’s about who you know and not your talent or what you have to offer. If anyone else has a contradicting point of view, please dont hesitate to post it. PS, Happy St. Patrick’s Day 🙂

4. Ajeburra

March 18, 2015 at 2:15 am

Ugh!! Yemi pls go away!!! U pretencious dude….hiss!!! U gat soo much opinion but blocking IG followers…lol

Pls do a video on self hating naija men dat marry white women. Short men really do have alot of anger in them….bye ashley!!!

5. Bayo

March 18, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Okay you told the problem; what next? You can’t understand how many people don’t have jobs; the depression of rejection and the endless hope in the heart of many.If you have a friend who can push a CV, please do. someone can be saved

6. sandra

April 14, 2015 at 6:44 am

Basically just watched all videos, my first time. Must I say, yemi you are doing a great job, but really do not like the opinions of the other cast mates. Regarding getting a job, I remember vividly that I applied online for KPMG job in 2012. In as much as I didn’t get the job, I think that’s a medium Nigerian companies are leaning towards now. Am not certain of Nigeria’s progress though. Hope that helps