News

Jealous Wife in Ogun Arrested After Tying Up 2 Year Old Stepdaughter, Taping Her Mouth & Locking Her in Room

BellaNaija.com

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

A 28-year-old woman in Ogun State has been arrested for attempted murder after she tied up her stepdaughter, taped her mouth, and locked her in a room and left for her place of work.

The woman, Christanah Faturoti, who works as a salesgirl at a petrol station, committed the heinous act because she was jealous of the preferential treatment the baby received from her husband, Punch reports.

Sources state that the baby was discovered after people passing by heard the baby groaning. They subsequently alerted the police who arrived at the scene and found the baby in critical condition. She was subsequently rushed to the hospital.

The doctor who treated her stated that if she had remained tied up with tape over her mouth for another two hours, she would have died.

Faturoti, who has a child for her husband, reportedly confessed to the crime and has been take into police custody.

The biological mother of the baby is dealing with mental health issues. It was as a result of her condition that the father decided to put her in the care of the stepmother.

Photo CreditPureradiancejennifer | Dreamstime.com

1. Fanya

March 5, 2015 at 8:17 am

That’s why I have told my husband that if God forbid anything happens to me, he should take my children to my mother’s house. If my mother is late, then my sister. I have heard too many stories of wicked stepmothers and I do not want my little kids to be brought up by someone who will not have their best interests at heart. At least i am sure of my mother and sister.

2. ssah

March 5, 2015 at 9:05 am

@Fanya. you can trust nobody but yourself o.. I’ve seen many sisters treat their nieces and nephews badly and its not because they are not good people, for some,its the responsibility of taking care of too many people that weighs down on them and they lash out at anyone possible even the children. Just always pray they are in good hands, whether sister, mother, step mother, etc, but sha, By God’s grace, nothing will happen to you, you” live long to a good old age.

• Abby Scuito

March 5, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Thank you ooo….my mother died after giving birth to my last sister nine months later. My dad took care of us until him too died almost 5 years later. My mother’s sister adopted me and my siblings with her husband and their 3 kids. This lady not only treated us like we did the worst thing on earth to her but she do it behind her husband’s back. Her husband who is only related to us by marrying her looks out for us, while she who is related to us by blood treats us with hatred. Idk if she did that to get back at my dad who she didn’t get along with while he was alive (this happened when we were still very young ooo and we didn’t know what went on). So yeah @fanya, u can only trust urself when it comes to ur kids.

3. Mrs Oluwole

March 5, 2015 at 9:07 am

This is good news, the image of the tied up girl broke my heart so badly. I wish this woman would be locked up for good! An helpless two year old child, may God heal her.

4. Disguised

March 5, 2015 at 9:26 am

Most 2 years old cannot fed themselves. How wicked can one be ? God help us all

5. honey

March 5, 2015 at 9:30 am

Some people are just heartless. And she has her own kids too. Didnt she put herself/kids in that situation?

She should just be jailed forever.

6. 556C879A

March 5, 2015 at 9:43 am

this pure wickedness, she should be jailed for eternity

7. Adeola

March 5, 2015 at 9:45 am

it is thoughts of things like this that gives me motivation to go on, who would take care of my son should anything happen to me* sigh *

8. onyii

March 5, 2015 at 10:51 am

All i can say is, Lord give me life and good health so that i can take care of my children myself………in the words of my mum ” no body can love and care for a child like the child’s biological mother”.

• NZ

March 5, 2015 at 11:09 am

Gbam!..My thoughts exactly!

9. @edDREAMZ

March 5, 2015 at 11:03 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    The dad is crazy for living his two yr old kid with a woman he barely knew…… I hope she rot in jail tho.
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

10. Bola

March 5, 2015 at 11:41 am

That woman is a monster! It makes me wonder though how the man can claim not to have noticed? It’s the same way as the lady who’s step father was trying to molest her. Truth is even in a house where my husband is the father if my kids I can’t let myself be caught napping, you must always be close enough to your kids and ask them the right questions everyday. Too many wicked people in this world

11. Shade Vivian

March 5, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Poor little girl. I pray that your mum get well and take care of you.

12. Kaybee

March 5, 2015 at 3:34 pm

I cried when I saw the girl’s pictures. Such cruelty to a child shows probably worse mental illness in the stepmother than the mother. Also the father is not blameless. I hope the girl gets the care she deserves henceforth.

13. papermoon

March 5, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Ahn ahn ahn ahn, who treats a baby like dis? Lock her up and throw away de keys, no appeal, no pardon, no parole.

14. chi-e-z

March 6, 2015 at 5:37 am

I just hate I just hate wickedness like this honestly why treat a poor little child like this people like this woman deserve to rot in a freaking corner for eternity come… I can’t stand this is it ignorance, illiteracy, stupidity, wickedness what … why are there too many cases of child abuse like this and worse in Nigeria and around the world this is unbearable…

15. chi-e-z

March 6, 2015 at 5:48 am

This woman has to have some mental issues just with this story I’m seeing the poor child’s tears, imagine her choking on her saliva, suffocating in breathing each grasp and tear, terrified, confused, …how can someone who calls themselves a human being do this to a little 2 year old. No no this is just pure wickedness thank goodness this child was saved before she died oh my goodness no this is just I can’t…