Relationships

New ThreeSum Episode! “When you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend, do you cut off their friends & family too?”

ThreeSum ToksVisions

It’s episode 4 of ThreeSum!

The hosts are Lydia, Tunde and The NoiseMaker – Yemi Akisanya.

ThreeSum is produced by ToksVisions.

This week the panel is asking, “When you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend, do you cut off their friends & family too?!”

Watch!

1. Ginika

April 21, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Before I watch, has the lady started making more compelling arguments? I get put off by the way she delivers her arguments… I love the concept of the show though.

• yinkus

April 21, 2015 at 8:48 pm

don’t bother, she still sounds ‘not-so-smart’

• Jade

April 24, 2015 at 2:57 am

Still not making much sense…she has graduating to caressing Yemi…you can just tell those tow have smashed .

2. chi-e-z

April 21, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Hmm… who else thinking bout the Nicki Minaj, Meek Mills, and Safaree issue. Nah we can be associate but if I met you through him and we break up have to respect y’alls friendship. And my friends should be closer 2 me. but if we all cool and it’s been over 7 years then yeah we are all friends so no lele only exception.

• chi-e-z

April 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm

long term friendship, childhood friendship over associative friendship.

3. Kemi

April 21, 2015 at 7:24 pm

There is such a simple answer to this question. If the friendship developed organically based on a natural connection and not a means to ingratiate oneself with your man/woman and their friends then yes, yes you likely can. However, a lot of times these “friendships” arise out of CONVENIENCE and tend to indefinitely keep a person tied to a situation that has outlived its lifetime as well as keep you in the know of a lot of things that aren’t your business after the relationship has ended. People use the word friends waaaaay to loosely in my opinion. If you weren’t hanging out together platonically, WITHOUT the significant other, you are not friends. If the majority of your convos are about the significant other, you are not friends. If you’re constantly wondering what the friend of your significant other is thinking about your relationship, you are not friends. If you are always hanging out in a group with your so-called friend, again, you are not friends. The examples posed were a bit tiresome because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter what the hang out, the scenario, the event, the circumstance is if during the course of the relationship you didn’t develop a GENUINE connection where you actually liked and got to know the person as an individual, wanted to know about their life not just talk about yours, and were invested and committed to building that connection out side of your relationship. Any conduct outside of that, then you are glorified associates, not friends lol. If the friendship was real, most people around including the significant others would be able to see that it is a real friendship and would be okay with it, if they are not insecure or petty babies, because real friendships don’t need discussing. If you get invited to your friend’s ex’s party, big deal, especially If it’s been awhile. It’s a party, not a christening ceremony. If you happen to be privy to some sensitive information, and you’re an adult and not an infant, then you can easily tell both people that your friendships are independent of each other and you plan on respecting that and ask that they do as well. Which leads me back to the beginning, if the friendships were real, all this stuff would be a nonfactor.

4. @edDREAMZ

April 21, 2015 at 7:25 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Cant watch the video…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. kemi

April 21, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Of course you cut them off!!! #SHORONIYEN

6. Seriously

April 21, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Oh no, i thought the finale was the end of their videos entirely. I guess, yemi is here to stay like Toke. Ok, since yemi and Toksvision plan to stick around what about you guys work on more meaningful topics with your platform, where the discussion is actually knowledge based not just running your mouth. You three present your strong points, have productive discussion and not just talk about one sided topics where the two guys are agreeing which can be bit chauvinistic bcos of you guys point of view or perception about women. Then the lady seems confused, she needs to work on have clear delivery.

7. Liz

April 21, 2015 at 9:02 pm

For me, it depends on them. I am very open to still being friends with the family and friends after breaking up because it is the mature thing to do. Especially if i did not have a problem with them. However sometimes said group of individuals tend to act weird and distant. In that case, I say farewell!!!!

8. Johnmatilda

April 21, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I broke up this evening with le boo and the first topic I see on BN is this. Wat is happening? *sobbing*

9. chigirl

April 21, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Why does she keep touching d guy?

• Rt

April 21, 2015 at 11:38 pm

she want the D..

• wagamama

April 22, 2015 at 10:43 am

LMAO!

• Jade

April 24, 2015 at 2:55 am

Marking the D territory…

10. IT

April 21, 2015 at 10:26 pm

whats with the fake and mixed phonetics??? british /american mixed with igbotic…

11. Steph

April 21, 2015 at 11:23 pm

I’m not watching the video but I definitely have an opinion. If I break up with someone, that doesn’t necessarily mean I’m “breaking up with his friends”. Not all break ups are bad, some are amicable. If I gained a wonderful friendship from someone who happened to be my ex’s friend, of what use it is to cut them off just because the relationship didn’t work out. I think it all depends on the situation and people involved.

12. Lea

April 21, 2015 at 11:25 pm

I know of a girl who lived in lagos with her boyfriends family for about 3 or 4 years they eventually broke up. And moved out to be more independent she is still friends with his whole family!

13. anonymous

April 21, 2015 at 11:52 pm

thick ibo accent babe lol

14. Truthhurts

April 22, 2015 at 12:19 am

If i cut off Iran, i cut off Iraq as well. No time

• m

April 22, 2015 at 2:09 am

And cut off Afghanistan join sef. Who get time for nonsense.

• o

April 22, 2015 at 11:00 am

LOL!!!

• Omotee

April 22, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Gbam! If we jam somewhere of course we will say our polite hellos. However I shan’t be sitting and forming we are family runs with you. To what end Biko?

15. Gorgeous

April 22, 2015 at 2:12 am

Reason why you should never entwine yourself in a family in the hopes that he will marry you. Before getting the ring some even change religion. Haba o. I maintain a respectable distance, if it doesn’t work out I slice everyone off and move on. Of what gain is it to me to force myself into his family? So that if he doesn’t want me anymore I can manipulate them to change his mind? I will rather the man I spend the rest of my life with come up with that decision on his own. If I remain hoping he Wil come around, because really that is what you are doing by staying close to his family. When the new girlfriend now comes in, how awkward and silly will you feel? Until everyone’s attention shifts to her or you become a nuisance that people have to wink behind your back and Yimu when you fail to get a clue on the right time to disengage. O boy, to thy self be true always.

16. Fleur

April 22, 2015 at 3:27 am

People need to grow up. There are many ways to meet friends. That you have ended a sexual tango with someone does not mean that you trash the value you have found in company that was introduced to you as a result of your affiliation with this historical archive. Puhleese. except in the cases of abuse, you should be able to see your ex and say “hi, how was work today” and “how are your wife and kids?” That is life. This Yemi is still a small boy sha so he is dealing with a twenties brain. When he gets to my age, he will not need anyone to tell him.

17. Fleur

April 22, 2015 at 3:29 am

Funny things with Nigerian arguments – Lots of incomplete sentences.

18. linda

April 22, 2015 at 5:54 am

Yemi makes so much sense,there should always be a safe distance between friends and your pal’s partner,if anything happens you are not caught up in a loyalty situation,and yes your loyalty needs to be with your friend not their ex!it sounds so wrong me being seen henging out with my pal’s ex especially if it ended badly..ok you need to remain neutral while this is done.And this ought to serve a big lesson especially to the female folk that rush to befriend of their man’s friends and family…it gets so wwwweird when its over and done!

19. Tosin

April 22, 2015 at 9:35 am

No, you could kill the bf/gf, kill yourself, then haunt all your mutual associates to death. What is all this daftness?

20. ferrari

April 22, 2015 at 10:04 am

I cut off the family members of my ex…deleted them from all social media…not out of malice but because seeing them all the time made it very difficult for me to move on. i told him it was something i had to do for me and he could explain to them so they know if they got upset. i was just looking out for number 1

21. ms tobi

April 22, 2015 at 10:51 am

lmfao Hain @tosin your soooo funny

22. Becca

April 22, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Not a situation I’m familiar with as I’m on friendly terms with all my exes & when I have any do they all come if they can & they all know each other & are cool and likewise their friends & fam. But I’d imagine if the friends of an ex cut you off they were never friends to begin with so good riddance to cruel fickle-minded twerps, who needs that.

23. cynthia

April 23, 2015 at 11:18 am

yemi jare…. you make soo much sense plus you are very objective n straight n truthful…..but please this girl that you put to beautify the screen is just making me your ardent viewer and many others to dislike the show because she has no point at all, she too fake with all the accent and she never makes any sense.. the other guy i can still manage sha… but all in all Very good show..plus i think that girl likes you because she never face the crowd she is always facing and touching you….you know what i mean