News

Lagos Man Arrested for Allegedly Pouring Acid on Ex Girlfriend Because She Jilted Him

Rosemary Nanaifa

Rosemary Nanaifa

Police in Lagos have arrested a man who is suspected to have poured acid on his ex girlfriend because she dumped him.

It is unclear whether it is the man, Paul Nwokobia, who actually committed the evil act. However, the victim, Rosemary Nanaifa, who is 23-years-old, says she is sure it is him.

Nanaifa is currently undergoing treatment at Lagos State University Hospital (LUTH). According to her, the incident occurred on the night of June 3rd.

This is her account of what happened, as reported by New Telegraph:

“I was at work one day when a private number called me around 4pm.

The caller was a lady. She said she wanted me to bake cake for her. She said she would call back in the evening. The woman called around 8:30pm and told me to meet her at Surulere. She said she would be in a red car. When I got to the spot, I did not see any red car and she was not calling back. Suddenly, I noticed someone drew my hair from behind and suddenly poured acid on my face down to my waist. I felt debilitating pain and fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

People later rushed me to the hospital. They also alerted my family. When it happened, I couldn’t see very well, but I’m sure it was a man. The man fled the area immediately. I left my boyfriend last September, and since then, he had been threatening me. I didn’t know his plans. I left him because he did not have a stable job and he wasn’t honest. I decided to move on with my life.  My  family has spent over N200,000 on my treatment.

The victim’s elder brother, Eric, said: “There’s no big deal in jilting your lover. People do it every day. I didn’t expect Paul to have gone to that extreme. I was the one who led policemen to his house. He did not suspect we would trace the incident to him.”

State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kenneth Nwosu, said the suspect and three others had been arrested and taken to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, for further investigation.

1. bn lover

July 1, 2015 at 11:49 am

Naija I hail……so Mr.man after everything Nigeria is facing right now,u think bathing a woman wit acid was going to help solve the problem?? No sir,it didn’t rather u added stupid, suicidal and murderous people problem to the list. She left u cause u were not stable,organize ur life,get stable and women wud flock….. Mrs.Woman,did u tell him why u were leaving??? If not,u too na wa…..pple just always need clarification on things so they can function well. Una ndo!!!

• Bruness

July 2, 2015 at 12:49 am

@ BN lover Mrs woman doesn’t owe him any explanation as too why she left, men up and leave females all the time without giving reasons causing them to second guess themselves, they don’t go bathing the man with acid. Clearly this man is sick in the head and has mummy issues. P.S – his pictures should have been posted too!!!

2. DayoI

July 1, 2015 at 12:05 pm

I don’t know why some idiots are bent on ruining lives like this. What will he (Paul) gain from this incident? I really don’t understand the thought process that leads to believing that carrying out an acid attack is the only solution.
    Some people really need to learn to move on!! Being boyfriend and girlfriend doesn’t mean that you must get married naw, ah ahn. Some people must be in control of another’s life even when they are no longer in it.

3. EllesarisEllendil

July 1, 2015 at 12:08 pm

I lack words, was this Mumu never taught about the abundance of Fish in the Sea??? Slap him with a harsh jail term and confiscate all his property and put it towards reconstructive surgery for the poor Woman.

4. Kofo

July 1, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Men na wa o….Acid ke in this time and age. Guess some people dont know how to handle been dumped well(dunno just saying based on what she suspected o )

5. Becca

July 1, 2015 at 12:58 pm

#beingfemaleinnigeria

• tunmi

July 1, 2015 at 2:51 pm

You beat me to it.

6. Buhari's 1st minister

July 8, 2015 at 6:23 pm

…….I left him cos he did not have a stable job…. Very defective line of thinking! Hmmm so what if he gets an oil job or some big contract 2morrow? what will you do? Then the story would change to he hit it big and dumped me. Still can’t understand this acid thing. May God help us all!