News

Compassionate LUTH Surgeon dies after alleged Domestic Violence, Consultant Dr. Husband Arrested

BellaNaija.com

Hestianna Idiodi-ThomasCases like this are so infuriating. We really hope the Police investigation is thorough and justice prevails.

Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi Araba, Dr. Hestianna Idiodi-Thomas died on the 14th of October 2015. Dr. Thomas has been described as a “compassionate and caring doctor with a vibrant personality”.

The mother of two is believed to be a victim of domestic violence. The Nation Newspaper gathered that

“The late Dr Thomas, whose husband is a Consultant Clinical Pathologist at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, reported for duty three days ago, until she was brought in yesterday to LUTH battered. A close examination of her body revealed a lot of lacerations. In fact, I noticed that the head had a deep cut. When other colleagues also saw her, they said there was a deep cut on her skull, because they saw pierced bone. Her colleagues, especially the female doctors, were stunned when Dr Thomas was rushed in.”

According to Vanguard Online,

Dr Femi Thomas, widower of late Consultant Paediatrician at Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, Dr. Hestianna Thomas, was yesterday transferred to the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department, SCIID, Yaba, over alleged involvement in his wife’s death.

However during interrogation, he reportedly told policemen that his wife could have committed suicide, maintaining that he knew nothing about her death.

Confirming his arrest, spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Mr Joe Offor, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP said “ Yes, Dr Thomas has been transferred to the SCIID. He said that he found the body of his wife outside their room that fateful morning and rushed her to LUTH where doctors confirmed her dead. The man submitted himself to the Police at Ajao division .

“ We do not know the cause of her death yet. But there were marks of violence on her body. Investigation is however still on. The corpse has been deposited at the LUTH morgue”.

If you are a victim of Domestic Violence, please speak out and seek help from your family, friends, church or non-profits focused on Domestic Violence such as Project Alert.

1. Pep

October 21, 2015 at 9:53 am

When is this gonna stop? God have mercy.

• slice

October 21, 2015 at 1:51 pm

But dear BN there has been strong evidence to suggest that she was in fact suicidal. Considering this story broke a few weeks ago, I think u may have heard from family and associates stating she was suicidal. Why subject the spouse to more of this without contrary evidence

• chic

November 6, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Haba! Her head was in a Nylon bag,her skull wz puntured.ur just plain stupid abeg. Even a kid wil know dt it wznt suicide.

• bolu

November 10, 2015 at 10:34 am

Pardon me, what is the strong evidence suggesting that she was suicidal?

2. Dove

October 21, 2015 at 9:57 am

Seriously!!! “she could have committed suicide” yet her body was found in front of the room???
    I am not surprised. I use to be married to a Dr at the same LASUTH and he almost killed me.
    Glad I left before that happened.

• Tari

October 21, 2015 at 10:04 am

So we should be afraid of LASUTH doctors?

• Rify

October 22, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Lmaooo. Good question

• chic

November 6, 2015 at 10:22 pm

It would be wise of u to ask her for the guy’s name so u don’t eventually date him since it looks lyk u have a thing 4 lasuth doctors.smh!

• adambano

October 21, 2015 at 10:16 am

Thank God for you!!! Hopefully others find it in them to leave violent relationships.
      RIP to the doctor… sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• sass

October 21, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Wow! you must be very smart,
      beware of doctors,
      especially those at lasuth.

• Ayorinde mojisola

October 21, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Brilliant ,cute decision I hail u

• Coco

October 22, 2015 at 9:38 pm

If you were being beaten behind closed doors and subject to spousal abuse, You’d be suicidal too. FACT: Suucidal mothers always take their children with them. This woman was murdered.

3. Ada Nnewi

October 21, 2015 at 10:12 am

OMG! May her soul rest in peace and may her husband never know rest or happiness…Women should either leave abusive husbands or learn how to defend d themselves..by the time you batter him well, he will think twice before laying a finger on you again…

• AbiolaVJ

October 21, 2015 at 12:05 pm

If the husband never knows rest, what good does this do for the children? If he indeed did it, God will reward him in due time

• slice

October 21, 2015 at 2:06 pm

If he killed their mother, we will reward him on earth n not wait for any due time

• augusta

October 22, 2015 at 11:22 am

So that he can kill his children too? What punishment are we waiting for God to give him. If he did the crime he should do the time in jail

• Manny

October 22, 2015 at 2:17 am

Ada Nnewi … this cursing. Has he been found guilty??

• nnenne

October 22, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Ada Nnewi… please don’t rush to judgement. We don’t know the truth yet Let’s wait for the police to do their job.
      RIP to the dead. Sad.

4. Somebody

October 21, 2015 at 10:13 am

Your wife was suicidal and you didn’t know? With all the broken bones, smh. Male Dr’s may be good at their jobs but make very terrible husbands, they cheat with any and every thing, fellow Dr’s, nurses, patients, patient’s relatives, kai! God forbid.

• Garfunkel

October 21, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Please stop with the unnecessary and ridiculous generalization

5. Madamemoiselle

October 21, 2015 at 10:14 am

For the life of me! I am so pissed at Dr Hestianna! Haba you were an inspiration to so many young girls. How can you allow yourself to stay married to this kind of a man? Haba! Not just an ordinary Doc oh. Girl, you were a Pediatric Surgeon! For God’s sake why? You had so much promise. After all the training, Med School, Primaries, everything…Why babe? Why? You should have left his sorry a**. This is some personal ish… My Sis is a consultant too and her husband a consultant gynecologist, I also dabbled in medicine at one point in my life so Girl, I know how hard you must have worked to get to this point and now you allow yourself just be snuffed out like that for a man??? Haba mana Kai you have disappointed so many and i am terribly pissed at you.
    For all the young girls out there in medical school, in law school, intelligient girls getting caught up with the wrong men please get yourself together… You are worth more than you can ever imagine. Keep your head up, he may be oh so intelligient and you a sapiosexual but please if he HITS you once, Just once is enough RUN…

• Busola Adedire

Oluwabusola Adedire

October 21, 2015 at 10:39 am

Na so we see am. This man matter… e pass book! Maybe these things should be taught in school sef… dunno! It kills me to read stories like this. Many Nigerian women will rather die in a marriage than bear the stigma of a ‘divorced’ woman. This culture teaches women that they are failures if they can’t keep their home together and trust me, this mindset is embedded deep in our subconscious. It takes a rebellious spirit to break free from this nonsense mentality. I know relationships are not easy, but a line must be drawn somewhere. Love is a choice, and I believe you can totally love someone from afar.

• Natu

October 21, 2015 at 11:28 am

You took the words right out of my mouth. African people stigmatise and look down on divorced women. That is why alot women remain in unhealthy relationships because they are trying to save face. Thank goodness I do not foster such stupid ideologies.

• some hater

October 21, 2015 at 10:47 am

Please ALL women should run from domestic abuse. not only intelligent girls who have worked hard in life to be good at something deserve an abuse free life. All women have a right to an abuse free life.

• lotusflower

October 21, 2015 at 10:49 am

Your comment is extremely rude, arrogant, and insensitive. Domestic violence affects all people, from all walks of life. All lives have worth, including that of teachers, nannies, market-sellers, and stay at home mothers. Your message that women should run at the first sign of violence should be directed to ALL women, not just “intelligent” lawyers and doctors.

• hey!

October 21, 2015 at 5:03 pm

God bless you I was wondering what the person was on about, lawyers and doctors, smchewww. Rip to the dead

• Lois

October 21, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Abi o. I wonder why women do this to themselves. My sister in law is enough inspiration for me. She’s a single mom and enjoys a good life. I love you husband but you dare hit me once and I will be out before you realize it. For the kids, I will gladly share custody, I won’t have the time parading courts to fight unnecessary custody battles

• ATL's finest

October 21, 2015 at 1:50 pm

She was probably thinking what will people say , what about the kids? Blah blah blah. Like I always tell folks if one man in my life which is my Dad has never laid a finger on me, No man will cuz he will never hit nothing else in his life. These men self? Why don’t he go to Iraq and fight war instead of using her as a punching bag. RIP beautiful woman. . like they say, if he hit u once, he’s gonna keep hitting U. There earlier u get help & get out, the better.. May God save us from the hands of these evil caricature men.

• Tari

October 21, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I have a problem with your comment.
      No woman deserves to be abused domestically. It does not matter whether you are a brain surgeon or a LAWMA official. Domestic abuse is wrong irrespective of the intellectual attainment of the woman in question. It does not matter whether you are a high school drop out, a baby mama or a CEO.
      Having said that, we await the full details of this case before we draw conclusions on this.

• Matter of Fact

November 9, 2015 at 6:19 am

Madamemoiselle, that’s a highly harsh and judge mental comment and thoroughly unfeeling especially for someone who is dead. Never ever judge someone especially if you haven’t walked half a mile in their shoes.

Such a horrible habit. Victim blaming and shaming……cyber bullying even the dead…how unfeeling. Not even a drop of empathy for the fact that she was suffering so much mentally. Go and school yourself before you drag people into this mean path.

We human beings can be vulnerable and we are all of different emotional standards. No matter how educated, rich, pretty or successful you are, you’re a human first and life can humble you anytime. It’s people like you that make it hard for other women to come out and ask for help. Please let’s love each other more and judge each other less.

6. Anon

October 21, 2015 at 10:37 am

No words. Palpitating.

7. anniemanny Bae

October 21, 2015 at 10:41 am

Mtchew! so sad right now, all that intelligence and hard work gone just like that cos to get to that kind of position for a female is not beans o she must be extra ordinarily good and valuable at her job. I just pray God consoles her family who probably went through the mills to see her through school and training. Then one man who perhaps saw what she has attained for herself walked in and talk marriage, and this is the end of all she has laboured all her life for. SMH

8. miss Pynk

October 21, 2015 at 10:43 am

More work needs to be done in terms of teaching young women a sense of self preservation. Death from abuse doesn’t happen the first time a man hits a woman…it usually starts with a slap. We need to do better on helping our daughter’s understand that verbal abuse from a partner is unacceptable and domestic violence is an abomination.

Likewise as mothers we need to let our sons know that violence against women is unacceptable no matter the circumstances…

Doctor or pepper seller every woman’s life is valuable.

May she RIP and I hope there is justice in this matter. I refuse to believe the woman tried to committ suicide with lacerations and all. She is a Dr. And would probably know of easier ways to die if she was looking for death.

pynk360.com

9. Joshua.A

October 21, 2015 at 10:50 am

Sad, horrible & devastating…#RIP [Say NO to domestic violence!]

10. Cindy

October 21, 2015 at 11:06 am

Wait, she tried to commit suicide? So in the middle of the night she went around the house hitting herself and banging her head on every wall she came across until she finally decided to lay down in front of your room? All the while you were soundly asleep inside? You were not bothered that your wife wasn’t asleep beside you? You did not hear the noise of her throwing herself around? Please don’t play on my intelligence oga. Oro rirun. Mtchew! Rot in jail!

• Lois

October 21, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Better like rot on the hanging noose. Oloshi doctor

11. Sandy

October 21, 2015 at 11:17 am

How could she have committed suicide? With all the wounds and blow to the head? So the husband was asleep when she was battering herself?? It is a clear case of Domestic Violence! Women, do not be victims!!! One slap is enough to tell you to leave. She is gone and her children are now Motherless. So So Sad!

12. Mee

October 21, 2015 at 11:43 am

This is really sad especially when you see a 34yr old female Consultant Paediatric Surgeon; a specialty where there are only 10 females in the entire country and 60 specialists in all, die in such a harrowing way untimely because of one man’s ego, anger or whatever. She was was such a hardworking, compassionate, humble and loving medical doctor. I pray that she finds peace in heaven and judgment take its full course on her husband. This is very, very sad!

13. papermoon

October 21, 2015 at 11:49 am

I am sorry angry at this lady for allowing this guy to waste her life……….Condolences thought……but still angry at her.

14. papermoon

October 21, 2015 at 11:49 am

*sooooo angry*

15. Que

October 21, 2015 at 11:59 am

May her soul find lasting rest. I trust a good autopsy and further unbiased investigation will reveal the cause of her death, and I hope justice prevails.

I don’t know either of them personally, and from my perspective, the two clips didn’t lead me to conclude about it being a domestic violence case….only investigation can prove the cause – be it DV or not….in the meantime, BN it is your responsibility to report facts, and the fact here is that the story as reported above is very circumstantial. and full of unfilled gaps. How you came to the DV conclusion, is very unclear. I mean you just quoted investigators as not knowing the cause of death…. lets not sensationalise yet, but rather push for justice to prevail, and hope the necessary authorities do their jobs!

Of course, I am all for hanging him, if indeed he killed a woman he vowed to love and protect, but till then…..let justice take its course!

• sass

October 21, 2015 at 1:21 pm

You have spoken really well. I wish people could just wait to get d facts before hanging from husband, or doctors or men in general. There are bad men and good men and also bad women and good women. We don’t need to generalise everything.

• mrs chidukane

October 21, 2015 at 2:42 pm

@Que, my thoughts exactly. This article just jumped to conclusions and it’s just unfair on her spouse and her family. That the man has been arrested doesn’t mean he did it. He is innocent until proven guilty unless someone in the BN office saw him do it and they’re not telling us.

16. Anonymous

October 21, 2015 at 12:06 pm

I agree with @sandy how could she have committed suicide?. The husband must really think people are stupid as nobody has every heard of a suicide case of someone personally beating themselves up and cracking their skull to death. if he was in the house didn’t he hear any noise of her beating herself up? Where was he when she was cracking her head?. As a doctor if she committed suicide wouldn’t she have just taking pills? Please justice must prevail and he must not get away with this. If he had even lied that armed robbers came to their house and beat up his wife that would have been a more believable story. We can only pray that the doctors, police and everyone involved remains objective and that justice will prevail and Gods will would be done. RIP to the beautiful Doctor Hestianna Thomas. This is a lesson to all.

17. vivian

October 21, 2015 at 12:14 pm

It”s just funny how people who are supposed to save lives are the ones who take it….
    i can’t begin to imagine what her parents/siblings/kids are going through just because she got married(just like every woman is expected to) to a d**k headed psychopath..*exhales deeply*
    God the Father,God the Son,God the Holy spirit…please give her soul repose, give her family justice and send help to several other women going through this WEY NO WAN COMOT..
    God dey!!!

18. Anonymous

October 21, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I know her personally,we grew up on the university campus together,both our parents were both lecturers. She was the best student in my school, not joking about that at all.She won several prizes during her school years. She was extremely intelligent and well behaved and from a very good home. So i don’t buy the story about her killing herself ,if she really did as he claims,what was he doing to her that made her kill herself. Only God Knows! Our society puts a lot of pressure on women. I was married to a monster that almost killed me, kept it quite until, i told my family but still i thought prayers could change him. The more i prayed the worse he became. He told me he was going to kill me severally,if i didn’t leave. Its true, i was ashamed of a failed marriage, what will they say about me,stories and lies that will be told and blah,blah,blah. Yes,our society looks down on divorced women,so how can i be divorced at my young age i thought continuously. I felt like a failure,thoughts of killing myself crept in. And Yes, the devil is wicked. That is why i stayed. Even till now, i am still hurting from the chronic abuse i endured. When you are the abusee , trust me you loose your self worth or confidence,you feel trapped,you disconnect from the world because you are living in your own space. I blamed myself,not the world for my situation, why didn’t i do my home work well?or read those salient signs?or allow the societal pressures to dictate my fate? I just kept praying for God to save me ,at the end, God used my family to save me and not change him. Men never really change or do they? Character qualifies a person, bad character,bad person. It takes a miracle for that to happen,when the man predisposed to God. . I am still on the path of recovery. I want to advise young ladies,pls don’t give in the societal pressures,listen to your gut feelings,that is the holy spirit talking and most especially you have to have resounding peace in your heart. If you are already in it,seek help!

• ATL's finest

October 21, 2015 at 1:54 pm

So sorry U went through all of that becuz of marriage. I’m glad your are saved! There’s nothing to be ashamed about. At least, u got out before it is too late.

• Ebere

October 21, 2015 at 2:15 pm

God bless you, we should all come out and raise awareness about domestic abuse, because a living dog is better than a dead lion.

19. Calabar Girl

October 21, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Wait. Please don’t tell me this is the same extremely intelligent Hestia Idiodi who went to Federal Government Girls’ College, Calabar years ago? I never met her; she was sets ahead of me. But everyone knew The Idiodis. They were geniuses. Oh dear. This is so tragic. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

20. jane

October 21, 2015 at 1:28 pm

No calabar gurl. Hestia didn’t go to fggc. She went 2 univ of Benin demonstration secondry skul. Try 2 b sure b4 speculating. Nywyz this is a very sad story, and I hope the truth comes out.coz there are many conflictining stories.

• Calabar Girl

October 21, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Well, her LinkedIn page clearly states that she went to FGGC Calabar from 1991-1993. May God grant her loved ones strength.

• Nk

October 21, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Hestia was in FGGC CALABAR from her JS1 to JS3 and left to a school in Benin! She was in Slesssor house!

21. chibaz

October 21, 2015 at 1:35 pm

No dear. This Dr hestia attended university demonstration secondary school in Benin. She was the head girl of her set. I grew up in that University campus.

• mercy

October 22, 2015 at 10:06 am

Hestia was my classmate in FGGC Calabar for junior secondary

22. Nk

October 21, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Hestia was in FGGC CALABAR from JS1 to JS3, left after junior WAEC to a school in Benin! She was in Slessor house!

23. Ebere

October 21, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Another woman dead from domestic violence. Monsters comes in various shapes and sizes. My Ex Husband, yes I said ” Ex Husband used to batter me, beat me blue black, emotionally tortue me, I was never good enough. Whenever he beats me, he will apologize and I will take him back because I didn’t want to be judged by the Nigerian very judgmental society, He was also secretly married to another woman before me, I never knew about it. The day I found out, he apologized to me and I forgave him because again if I leave, my very judgmental Nigerian society will frustrate me and ask me how I didn’t know that he was married, (trust me, my Igbo family did their investigation and found nothing) and the world would also ask me why I left my husband. Several uncountable physical abuse, our pastor intervened and advised me that I should keep praying for my Husband and that he will change, I swear I prayed, I fasted, I went to Mountain of fire prayer city, all to no avail, he will even come to prayer city and pick a fight with me, and if not for the crowd, he wouldn’t mind panel beating my face there. I finally left him, trust me it was a very hard decision because I knew that if I don’t run away from this monster, he will kill me and move on after my death and people will only remember me for 2weeks, my family will mourn me for a year, oh my mother will mourn me forever ( poor woman).
    3years later, I met a man who showed me that all men are not monsters, his family accepted me, his parents still carry me like an egg, we got married and my marriage is the sweetest (I never knew that marriage could be this sweet and peaceful). Women, if you successfully come out of physical abuse fast and alive, trust me you will find peace with God first and you will definitely be happy again. COME OUT ALIVE, ABUSE IS A NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Adaeze Writes

October 21, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Awww…this is too sad. I hope she wasn’t killed by the husband ooo because, it would be so bad! What a life! Poor woman! May God help us all from murders in human skin!

25. M

October 21, 2015 at 2:51 pm

This is extremely sad and my prayers go to her and her entire family.
    THAT being said, I feel like a few points could be stressed here:
    1. Can you guys wait before reaching to domestic violence conclusions. as women, we can be so emotional and it’s quite annoying sigh!!!
    2. Without generalizing, I have also observed that male doctors can indeed be among the worst husbands, don’t know why 🙁
    3. Verbal abuse is as bad as physical abuse so women WATCH your TONGUE when you address your partner, it’s easy to shift the blame on the other one without acknowledging one’s own “input” to the matter.
    4. Some women won’t pay attention to the red flags during courtship (even when being cautioned by family members / sincere insiders several times) YET expect their partner to turn into a charming prince once married, hum! Can we then say such women brought it on themselves?
    NB:
    As a woman, I’m fully aware of the many societal pressures / stigma associated with our social status (be it married, single or divorced) YET I feel that the way forward is 1. to teach BOTH female and male children how to treat each other with kindness and respect, 2. raise awareness of self worth and self discipline, 3. encourage women to be more supportive of their fellow women and less competitive (for instance, a mother who allows double standards of education toward her male and female children, a mother in law who encourages her son’s disrepectful behavior to his wife, a daughter in law who tries to sabotage her husband’s relationship with his mother /sisters to keep him for herself, a friend who goes out of her way to give bad relationship advices to her friend….etc)
    MAY HER CHILDREN FIND STRENGTH TO OVERCOME SUCH SORROW.
    REST IN PEACE Dr. HESTIANNA.

• Ayorinde mojisola

October 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Hmm God will help us taking leave is the best options or separation marriage is not by force but by choice

26. Ada

October 21, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Devil is a liar! A whole head girl of a school at some point and consultant na im man do like this?! And in my ignorance I had thought victims who withstood domestic violence were women largely unable to support themselves. It shows I know nothing then.
    This is double sad. No woman should die like this! I hope this Doctor gets his comeuppance!

27. AMA

October 21, 2015 at 3:10 pm

i wish i cud like your comment more than once.

28. Krasavitsa

October 21, 2015 at 3:19 pm

What a terribly sad story. May she RIP. Thank God I left the sorry excuse of a man I call my ex! It really does start with a slap, then a punch, then he plugs in an iron and threatens to burn your face with it, then the chokings begin and one day you find yourself in the ER explaining that the very deep incision on your knee is the result of a shard of glass cutting you while you were washing plates. But deep down you know it’s the lunatic you sleep with every night that did it to you. The sad part of such cases is the lies we tell ourselves. “He’s not that bad, it’s just his temper”. “If I try not to piss him off, he won’t hit me”. “It’s my fault, I shouldn’t have allowed Henry to call me by 10pm that’s why boo got so mad” etc. So we try, really hard, to please him. But the harder we try, the worse he becomes and we find it hard to believe that the same man that says he loves us, is the same person that can turn around and hurt us so much…… There should be a centre against domestic violence that battered women/men can go to. #saynotoviolence!

29. Wale

October 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Whether he did it or not, this is reminder that there is no amount of dick, hugs or kisses or even social stance that warrants another human being deprieving you of your life. Low self esteem is a deadly disease. Take your children and leave. If he doesn’t allow you, leave them and still leave and move away, if he the very violent type; change countries if need be and get lost, some men are evil. The children will understand later.

• FasholasLover

October 21, 2015 at 8:46 pm

@Wale, Bless U. The children will understand later! I don’t get it when women stay in bad unions and say “…becos of my children….”

• Coco

October 22, 2015 at 9:43 pm

What’s even moe tragic is she’s from a wealthy home and had other choices open to her, which a lot of women in unfortunate similar situations don’t have. Our mothers and our society have a lot to answer for.

30. concerned9ja

October 21, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I thought many women had learnt a few things from the Arolowo case…divorce is allowed under these circumstances no woman should have to endure this just to have the status of being married.
    Nigerian families are mostly to blame with their poke nose culture…not uncommon for them especially the women folk to mutter..see that one cannot even keep her marriage…what a waste of a resourceful life!!

31. Jymco

October 21, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I’m a man and can always say it to loud and clear, raising your hands on a woman/girl be it mother, sister, wife, housemaid is satanic & wicked. I tell my sisters please endure anything in your husband’s house and be of extreme,e good behaviour. But any day he hits you let me know, I will support you morally, physically, financially, etc to leave him BUT if you endure and die, I pity your corps.

32. Ayorinde mojisola

October 21, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Women stay back cuz of culture but marriiage is not dooleh

33. Mabel

October 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm

BN, could you place a live link to the Project Alert website or leave contact information for them if they don’t have a website? I think that would be a useful addition to the article.

34. chill

October 22, 2015 at 2:18 am

people just need to calm down before jumping into this abuse conclusion. common! the real thing that happened may never really come out. sometimes people get into an unfortunate situation and people just draw conclusions and declare them guilty. i think it will be good practice not to judge a situation you don’t really understand.

35. Misslolly

October 22, 2015 at 6:36 am

Please help me. If you say you read the story, you’d have read about all the lacerations and the injury to her skull. Is it even humanly possible for a person to commit suicide by hacking themselves all over the body? Is it? Even if she was suicidal, she definitely didn’t commit suicide. Let’s not fool ourselves. You’ll also have read that the husband disappeared for a while after her death. Why? He seems very suspect to me. Added to the fact that he as a Dr could also dare allude to suicide. Amazing.

36. Curious

October 22, 2015 at 3:46 pm

The husband thinks she committed suicide. Interesting. Was there a machete next to her body given that she had a cut on her skull.

37. Aanuolutomiwa

October 22, 2015 at 4:34 pm

RIP dear, i felt so pained, may God comfort her family and protect those little kids.

38. Coco

October 22, 2015 at 9:40 pm

…..and mothers who force their daughters to stay with abusive men must take the blame as well.

39. bolu

November 10, 2015 at 10:33 am

There isnt a shred of evidence in the report given above to suggest suicide. the wounds and circumstances were too brutal. So agreed, this is was a homicide. There isn’t evidence either from the report given above to suggest that the husband was responsible. Have they examined the husbands body for evidence of a struggle? like cuts, lacerations etc. Will they examine the woman’s body for evidence of things like forced penetration (foreign DNA), under her nails for alien DNA and that similar forensic evidence. Have they or will they examine the crime scene with greater detail than has already been done? There are so many questions to be answered, but as far as this report goes, the husband is a little bit far from being a suspect.

40. JJ Anthony

December 1, 2015 at 7:42 am

It is amazing how people judge and condemn others on social media and in the newspapers.

Can somebody give an update on this case to let us know what has become of the investigation? No, it won’t happen! Stories are only provided for the moment while those involved are left to carry their crosses. God will judge all those peddling falsehoods.
    There are many sick people in the society today and stigmatization won’t let them come out for treatment. Tell your friends you are seeing a psychiatrist and watch how they disappear, even family members don’t care that much, living in denial of serious cases of psychosis and running to churches for treatment.
    An individual with a case of paranoid schizophrenia does not know that he or she is sick and it I worse if the person is a medical doctor. The response you always get is “nothing is wrong with me, I am a doctor and should know if things are not ok”.

We all need help to stop destroying each other and need to remove stigmatization around people suffering from different ailments, it is only then the sick can come out and get help.