News

Cross River Native Doctor Arrested for Abducting Minors & Sexually Abusing Them for 4 Years

BellaNaija.com

punch

Two female children who are 11 years old, were rescued from the clutches of a wicked native doctor in Cross River state, who abducted them for years ago and sexually abused them consistently.

The native doctor, 42-year-old Emmanuel Akpan Okon, was arrested by the police following a tip-off about his business of preparing charms for armed robbers, Punch reports.

Confessing to the crime, Okon said:

“While staying in the same compound with Wisdom’s mother at Onitsha, I observed that she had problems bringing up her nine children. This girl, Wisdom, was always with me when I was staying in their compound. So, when I wanted to leave Onitsha, I took her with me without telling her mother. When I left Onitsha with her, I went to Auchi, and was riding a commercial motorcycle as a means of livelihood. Where I stayed in Auchi, Destiny was always coming to play with Esther. I also noticed that Destiny’s mother had many children. So, when I wanted to leave the town, I took her along.

I had sex with them and I know it is bad in the sight of God. I have a girl child who is with the mother. I will not be happy if she is treated this way.”

Speaking on her ordeal, one of the girls said:

“I was in primary four when he took me away from my home. I remember that my mother lost her sister and when she was going for the burial, she told the man, who was a commercial motorcycle rider, to bring me to her village. That was how I found myself living with him. I used to tell him that I did not like sex, but he continued…

He has been having sex with us regularly. He gives us food to eat and promises that one day he will take us back to our mothers.”

Shedding more light on the culprit’s arrest, State Commissioner of Police, Henry Fadairo, told newsmen:

“On November 16, 2015, we raided one Emmanuel Akpan’s home in Akamkpa, in the Akamkpa Local Government Area of Cross River State, based on a tip-off. We gathered he was into the preparation of charms for armed robbers and treatment of criminals with bullet wounds.

During the raid, we saw two little girls in his house.  They are both 11 years. On enquiry, we found out that they were abducted four years ago. One was stolen from Onitsha while the other was stolen from Auchi.

We are making efforts to see how we can locate their parents. The victims claimed that he had been having regular sex with them.”

Photo Credit: Punch

1. kk

November 27, 2015 at 11:08 am

SICK SICK MAN!!!!!! Disgusted! Praying for physical, emotional and mental healing on those girls. Crazy world we live in.

2. ft

November 27, 2015 at 11:49 am

Sick

3. Oluwatobi

November 27, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I would like to read a follow up to this story in the coming weeks, stating that this man is being prosecuted and another stating that he has been given the appropriate sentence.. Enough with regular reports and arrests with almost zero convictions. Also, it seems that the police were surprised to find the girls there; did their parents keep silent about their abduction??? What is the plan to rehabilitate these girls now? This is sad and tiring! Say no to sexual violence.

4. Princess P

November 27, 2015 at 12:57 pm

SICK FOOL!!!!
    And you have a daughter???????

5. God punish wicked people

November 27, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I hate to say this but this is one of the situations that make u say “KILL HIM! KILL HIM!!!’

WICKED MAN!!!!

6. Nonamespls

November 27, 2015 at 4:18 pm

I am so sick and tired of this depravity, seems like there is a paedophile lurking in every corner. We need to make the ones caught scape goats, maybe this would pass the measage across. It is just so heart wrenching reading this sort of thing on an almost daily basis. And no follow up whatsoever seem they get away with it. Sickening

7. Cynthia

November 27, 2015 at 4:36 pm

From the statement of the police sef, you can see the crime will be swept under carpet. “The victim claimed..CLAIMED! What is claimed? At the time of arresting and taking statements you stupid police people have not taken these girls to hospital to ascertain their mental and physical wellbeing!
    God….please don’t let me catch a rapist! I will set him ablaze and will wait for awon human rights activists to come knocking on my door!
    Kill the pedophile already….his is face like vulture.

8. Evelyn

December 2, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Thank God this news has gotten to dis platform….i was a witness nd its indeed true… dat native doctor needs to be delt with considering what destiny nd wisdom had been through…may God help them.

9. Eteng james lnah

December 5, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Socrates,nigerians hav no law.ppl eat d law evry dat n go dat free,nigeria law std in d coridor of d poor,Tank God he has a daugther