News

Undergraduate Arrested for Defrauding Ladies After Luring them Through ‘Rich Pictures’ on Facebook

The Suspects, Toheeb Fetuga and Ademola Adebayo

The Suspects, Toheeb Fetuga and Ademola Adebayo

A 26-year-old 400 Level student of Computer Science, Ademola Adebayo, has been arrested by  the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos Police Command for allegedly defrauding seven ladies.

PUNCH reports that the suspect lures the ladies by uploading pictures flaunting his supposed riches (on Facebook), which he says attracts his victims to him.

After the victims fall for his bait, he asks them to meet him at a location, usually a hotel on the pretext that he had deals for them. He would then dispose them of their phones and other valuables.

The Police also arrested one Toheeb Fetuga, 35, who is alleged to be an accomplice to Adebayo.

Adebayo said:

One of the ladies I defrauded was Rita. She came to a hotel in the Oyingbo area. We had met on Facebook and I agreed to do a deal with her. She was a woman willing to have a sexual affair with me for money.

I invited her to the hotel and asked how much she would take. She said $1,000, and I said it was okay. I collected her phone. I asked her to come for the money at a hotel in the Victoria Island area. So she believed me and left.

I checked the contacts on her phone and that was where I got the contacts of other ladies I defrauded. I was trying to lure another friend of hers when I was arrested. I have done it to seven ladies. I usually meet the young women on Facebook, and it is either I add them or they add me.

I usually uploaded rich pictures on Facebook, which attracted them to me. Fetuga was the one I usually gave the valuables to sell. He sold each of the phones for N6,000.

Fetuga, who said that he received the phones from Adebayo, added that the 26-year-old lied to him that the owners were badly in need of money.

“He came to me that he wanted to sell the phones. When I asked him where he got the phones from, he said some ladies in his school were in need of money to complete their projects and examinations.

He had come about seven times and I gave him about N6,000 for each of the phones. We usually met at different places. He would call and say we should transact business,” he said.

Photo Credit: Olaleye Aluko/PUNCH

1. 26 ke?

September 14, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Forget fraud…the only fraud I see here is that this old papa is claiming to be 26!! Lol

2. Darius

September 14, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Computer Science is a marketable course. The fool could have studied hard, graduated, and get a job. But he choose to be a crook. Now he’s gonna have to forfeit his education and spend some quality time in prison. To the ladies, life is not all about the bling! All that glitters is not gold.

3. Anonymous

September 14, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Look at their faces, fraudsters all the time. Can never use their brains to think of good only how to defraud people.

4. Na wetin man like pass dey kill am

September 14, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Na wetin man lik epass dey kill am

$1,000 for sex? haba
    some things are too good to be true

5. Charity

September 14, 2016 at 3:44 pm

The ladies that were so shallow minded and myopic to believe this hooligan is a millionaire really need to have their brains examined smh!!

6. Charity

September 14, 2016 at 3:45 pm

AS IBO PEOPLE WILL SAY ”EWU!!!!!

7. Gorgeous

September 14, 2016 at 6:28 pm

lmao. 26 ke, more like 56. These old shameless men, still running scams and spending quality and prime time of their lives on the internet. Wow. I think people that commit fraud have so many underlying issues. And women with any sense of worth will keep away from such men. They do not have anything to offer society, and are a nuisance at best. If your idea of a man is a man that spends all his time deceiving and conning others, my dear your day is coming when maga no longer pays. You now become the maga.

8. Pretty girl

September 14, 2016 at 10:23 pm

But some girls will never learn. Some one u don’t knw invite you to a hotel and u went what if the guy had killed these seven ladies na so seven families will just be crying because there daughters dint knw how to stay one place.