News

Not one Million Stephanie Otobos will Stop Apostle Suleman – Actor Leo Mezie

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actor, Leo Mezie has reacted to the sex scandal Apostle Johnson Suleman, General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM) Worldwide, is facing.

Leo who shared how he miraculously recovered from a kidney ailment last year, reiterated the cleric’s role in the the recovery process.

He wrote on Instagram:

I have been reading different stories from different medium on Apostle (Suleman) and one Stephanie Otobo and the different comments. Some people were even saying why will apostle send money to someone he has never met. My heart bleeds because apostle (Suleman) never met me before he helped me.

I have never heard of him or met him before and immediately he heard my story he verified it and contacted me. This is a man I have never seen or heard of and he sent me N8million to settle my medical bills in UK. He was also constantly checking on me and even sent members of his church in UK to always check up on me – Pastor Ejiro and Pastor Daniella Williams to mention but a few. Immediately I returned I went to see him to thank him. So saying why must he send money to someone he hasn’t seen doesn’t make sense.

Note, the apostle (Suleman) I know and I’ve met several times doesn’t travel alone, he goes with a large entourage anywhere he goes in the word.

Secondly, Apostle (Suleman) is so proud of his family and his wife in particular is a sermon in his mouth.

Thirdly, apostle (Suleman) maybe friendly and extremely jovial but will never ever take indecent pictures of himself or with anybody as this Stephenie Otobo is claiming.

Fourthly, his generosity and act of giving will not kill him or put him in trouble not one million Stephanie Otobos will stop him because it is his call to service. I Leo mezie is a benefactor of it! Finally, I will rather not curse Stephanie Otobo but I will pray for her that the good Lord will show her mercy in Jesus name Amen.

1. Grace

March 13, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Wow

2. fleur

March 13, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Okay oh. Good to hear. I hope that the accusations are not true not for my sake but for yours. It is between you and God, apostle. I carry my load comot.

3. Jemimah

March 13, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Mumu is this ones middle name. Ass kisser!

• MaMa

March 13, 2017 at 10:09 pm

May you see accusations in this life with no one to defend you in Jesus Name!!!!!
      A man has come out to say Apostle Sulieman gave him =N=8m without even knowing him first or seeing him, and you are opening your dirty mouth. Abi Apostle is now gay????
      If he slept with Otobo let that be between him and God afterall in God there is no greater sin, you lie and he commits adultery na the same hell fire!

• Darius

March 13, 2017 at 10:25 pm

@Jemimah, is it a coincidence that “mumu” has two m’s and your name, Jemimah, has two m’s? Maybe the name is actually Jemumu and not Jemimah.

4. Jennifer

March 13, 2017 at 9:37 pm

God bless you sir

5. Dave Row

March 13, 2017 at 9:41 pm

And the moral of your story is?

• Freemind

March 13, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Remove the log in your brain so you can reason clearly. Be the first to cast your stone if you are without blame of either firnication or adultery

6. dupsy

March 13, 2017 at 9:42 pm

It looks like we Nigerians find it easy to discredit people who are extremely nice and kind and find it unbelievable to believe that people can be extremely genuinely kind. It is like we are always ready to jump and celebrate people’s bad or weak news. I kept asking this question – where were the pictures or videos showing the apostle with this woman? Do you know the kind of story she told him ( her mother dying and needs dialysis or transplant) that might have made him to send her the money ( that is if he actually did send her the money). Many people have testified to this man’s good deeds so let us wait for more evidence that actually proved without any reasonable doubt before we all scream crucify him. In the absence of that everything we hear is just a set up!

• Freemind

March 13, 2017 at 10:00 pm

May God continue to give you wisdom.

• MaMa

March 13, 2017 at 10:54 pm

God bless you Dupsy!!!
      I once told a very top politician that my Dad was very sick and he sent thousands of $ to me in the US, he is not my boyfriend or Sugar Daddy just a Nigerian he met when he was in the US.
      Tomorrow one mad woman will come and say Oga poltitian is now sleeping with me or me ma will now want to blackmail him for helping me. God forbid!!
      There are still some very generous Nigerians out there!!

7. WOG

March 13, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Stephanie where is your hard core evidence, we are still waiting. We want receipts, bank statements. The timing of your reveal action was so wrong.

8. nikky

March 13, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Plz you cannot expect your experience with the apostle to be the same with his experience with Stephanie and every other young woman he has “helped”. For one, you are a man who needed financial assistance and miracle. You got what happens wanted. Stephanie is a young lady who was clearly OK with having an affair with a married man for money. She wanted the D from the apostle and she got it. Mr. Apostle is not a robot, his interactions with you, Daniella and maybe Georgiana cannot be the same with Stephanie.

• remi

March 14, 2017 at 11:54 am

you are empty to relate every body that defended the Apostle as one of his ex girlfriends. you are now calling peoples names to your stupid imagination

9. Obiageli

March 13, 2017 at 10:28 pm

.Hian oooooo! The money he gifted WASNT EVEN HIS OWN TO GIVE. It wasn’t his widow Mite bikonu,, So why people are thanking him and he sef receiving the thanks is BEYOND MY IMAGINATION O!!!!. Na the congregation joint widows mite that this man has been using to shine and select nollywood people he would show favour to. Choi poverty is what is finishing my people. This is how Satan recruits people by bearing gifts and people will rally round and call him their saviour. God most high help Africa. Before I was sitting on the fence regarding this whole debacle . But with this new display I’m convinced that in this case oh the adage no smoke without fire is correct. Mr mezie thank God for your healing ,give credit to whom it is due. If not for the 10% tithes of the congregation you for no get the treatment. Thank God and thank all the poor wretched people who gave their all to save you. Now he is using you for publicity. ( Humm noting is free) he has bought the nollywood alliance. Let it be that this mans hands are clean oh otherwise you have brought judgement on yourself by bearing false witness.

• Anny

March 18, 2017 at 12:57 am

So Stephanie isn’t bearing false witness. Na wa to some people oo. God dey sha.

10. CovertNigerian

March 13, 2017 at 10:29 pm

I agree that people shouldn’t rush to judgement. It is only fair and proper that accusations be backed by evidence. However, I am confused and unconvinced by this rush to defend the pastor by citing some acts of kindness. Performing acts of kindness do not preclude any of us from committing bad deeds. People are rarely, if ever, totally good or bad but some mix. In other words, the fact that this pastor has been generous to some (apparently with church funds) does not make it impossible that he has cheated on his wife or tricked a former mistress into an abortion. Sadly, kindness to some and dishonesty to others are not mutually exclusive.

Personally, I am unimpressed by this pastor but the burden of proof is on the accuser. It really isn’t up to the pastor to prove his innocence, rather his accuser(s) and the police, if they decide there’s a case here, to prove his guilt.

11. Goody

March 13, 2017 at 10:36 pm

For me I don’t speak about men of God unruly because I know what the Bible has said about it if the Lady was sure of what she is saying she would have at list posted a pic or video she is just here talking rubbish with no prove me I will be careful to speak I will only wait on God who handles everything even in secret

12. Debbie

March 13, 2017 at 11:18 pm

The Amazing thing about sadists is that no matter the level of testimonies said about the man of God, one fake photo is all they need to crucify him…..I pray none of your family members faces such trails…..and I pray they don’t come across people like u @ jemimah

13. Amara

March 13, 2017 at 11:31 pm

True talk sir, she go fail ND her sponsors will be put to shame

14. Uju

March 14, 2017 at 12:05 am

“Thirdly, apostle (Suleman) maybe friendly and extremely jovial but will never ever take indecent pictures of himself or with anybody as this Stephenie Otobo is claiming.”

Apostle Suleman may be innocent, but when it comes to one’s personality or lifestyle, speak for yourself alone. Vouching for others can be quite dicey.

15. Jarrey

March 14, 2017 at 1:36 am

Your story shows that you really like and trust Apostle ‘suleiman. Because of that you are expected to have done more than just make a press release going by the fact that you said the Apostle is your benefactor. . Stephanie Otobo or whatever she calls herself is still in Nigeria, One would have expected you to meet her and put her to the test of all her claims And whoknows you can find out a thing or two as to what actually transpired.
    Moreover as ab actor, it wouldn’t be too difficult for you to do the same thing regarding your fellow actor Daniella, mentioned in this saga.

16. Ewa Ali

March 14, 2017 at 1:43 am

Damage control….,verdict ….GUILTY!????

17. Remi USA

March 14, 2017 at 2:00 am

Listen I charge you to watch a movie tittle “Owo blow” he was an armed robber but involved in charity
    The fact that the stupid apposite is involved in charity does not exonorate him from adultery

18. nnenne

March 14, 2017 at 2:41 am

Why is this story out at this time, when the pastor is speaking up against certain politicians?

What do Stephenie Otobo want out of this accusation and public embarrassment?

What exactly did the pastor do to her?
    I get that she is accusing him of failing to marry her as promised?

Did Ms Otobo know that the pastor was married with children before ALLEGEDLY getting into a relationship with him?

Was their alleged relationship consented by both matured adults?

Was she raped?

How many women have sued men for not keeping their promise to marry them, especially married men?

Why is Stephenie”s story inconsistent? First, she claimed the pastor was befriending a Ghanaian actress, then she changed the story to a Nigerian actress

Can a pastor, priest, rabbi, imam engage in an illicit affair?
    Yes! At least history has proven that to be true. Can this allegation be true? I sincerely do not know.
    Only the two adults can honestly answer that!

The fact that this story came out now, makes it difficult for me to believe Stephenie! !!

19. Dee dee

March 14, 2017 at 3:53 am

I don’t attend OFM but i respect Apostle Suleiman as a man of God. However, to say i am disappointed in him is an understatement. I have to put this out there cos I feel there’s a PR team defending the Pastor upandan. And i hope they read this.

First, I don’t care much for the allegations against him as we cannot confidently say if its the truth or lies. However, does an innocent person take the kind of actions the Pastor took? What are these actions?

1. He and/or his cohorts ordered the arrest of this girl and brought this issue into limelight. What are her allegations? Blackmail, extortion and TERRORISM. Excuse me sir, if the government is actually out for you, why would the police aid you in trumping up the charges, linking her with Boko Haram so she would be remanded without bail?

2. If she actually intended to blackmail you and you know you are innocent. And you have been aware of her intentions to blackmail you. I don’t know the god you preach but the Almighty God I know who can shut the mouth of lions can conveniently shut the mouth of blackmailers and disgrace their strategy even before anybody hears about whatever she intends to blackmail you with. Did Apostle suleiman take this matter to God and the Holy Spirit told him to go and arrest her and start a media war with her?

3. Last week at his Minister’s conference, I heard Apostle Suleiman say ‘God whispered to him,that in 24 hours the marine power will be disgraced and this case will be settled’ The next day, one of his Pastors interrupted him during the conference and informed him that the girl has made a video confessing that she lied against the Pastor. They all started jubilating and Apostle Suleiman said they would put the video of her confession up and everybody should share it like they spread the lies. He went on to stylishly insult Pastors who believed the story,he even went as far as saying any worker in his church who believed is a demon and heads of departments should remove them. In his words, ‘mark them, take note of those people’. Does God lie? If God did say so,where is the confessiom video he promised to share? Why was the matter not resolved in 24 hours but instead escalated?

3. His wife came out for defence after the pictures. I thought Christains are supposed to be Christ-like. But she goes on talking about how most Nigerians are gullible, how they are ready for more pictures. She went further to instruct us on what we ought to do advising us to stop reading lies, trying to force us to believe what you want. Please is that how a Spirit filled Christain reacts? Even the Obamas who are not priests reacted with more finesse during the election, saying when they go low, we go high. Now that is someone who is not a Pastor’s wife but decided not to throw insults like the opposition. Was that reaction by Apostle’s wife also as directed by the Holy Spirit?

4. In a twiteer response, Apostle said, they should have used somebody more presentable. In essence the government who is out to get him should have used a more presentable woman than Otobo. Please analyze this statement without bias. Is that the appropriate word a Prophet of God should say? Why would he insinuate by his statement that if the woman was more presentable,maybe she would have been his type.

There are so many other statements this man has made on the pulpit and a true Christian would question his words. The bible says our words should be seasoned with salt. Are his statements seasoned with salt?

5. After going back and forth,throwing shades left and right, accusing the government, accusing the girl’s lawyer of intention to murder the girl etc, he now goes ahead to ban everyone from talking about it, that it is a spiritual matter. Why now? Why didnt he realize from the onset that it is a spiritual matter and our weapons of warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds?

In the end, Apostle if this is true, there is more dignity in acknowleding your sins whether privately or even publicly and seeking God’s forgiveness. You are only a man sir, not God and you are not perfect. God can forgive you even if men don’t. However if you choose to continue in your sin, the devil will be laughing at you so hard and waiting to accept you in hell. And all those who know Apostle did it and are telling lies, you also need to repent and seek forgiveness so you don’t join him in hell.

As for Christians who have shifted their focus off Christ and have turned their pastors to their gods, we need to take the focus back to Christ. Do not also forget that the Bible talks about an influx of false prophets in the end times, when God decides to start exposing them ( I am not saying Apostle Suleiman is a false prophet ), be grateful as God is helping us take the veil of deceit off our eyes so we don’t go astray.

• Ogbuefi

March 14, 2017 at 10:55 am

Well written. Lessons learnt, let us all not put ourselves in the way of temptation as the outcome will always be unpalatable.

20. Kai

March 14, 2017 at 6:27 am

“NICE” IS DIFFERENT FROM “GOOD”

21. Syl

March 14, 2017 at 6:37 am

Please let us not do God’s work for him o, some people can be very dubious I believe this is coming from his attempted arrest the other day u know our government, let God judge

22. Ogechi

March 14, 2017 at 9:20 am

!!!gbam!!!!

23. Ogechi

March 14, 2017 at 9:39 am

True Dee Dee, ….why is the apostle trying to cover up so many tracks that may reveal the truth? Firstly,.. …arranging the arrest of staphanie at the bank, Secondly the car, that he bought for that Nollywood prostitute, whichafter the information was removed from the government data base shortly after it was discovered that he bought it?, He is trying to say now they are planning to clone his voice and murder Staphanie and put it on him, so he is preparing us or hypnotizing us.. As for 24hrs??? we still waiting nothing has happened, Instead he claimed that staphanie has made a vedio apologising and we all know that is a lie! When he was doing 2017 prophecies why didnt he see this?? As for Mrs Suleman or should I say Mrs “Ive known my husband for 19 years, or Mrs”smart and intelligent” or Mrs Ive never had a woman problem with my husband” I dont have words for her…. She knew about her husband affair with the Usher in the church and she is here talking…….. Suleman hypnotized her long time ago, and she wants to hypnotized everyone else,,, It wont work!! and if this so called man of God is guilty, she must be ready for the judgement she prayed on Staphinie to visit her

24. ejogene

March 14, 2017 at 10:04 am

Dee dee chop knuckle! Abeg you no chop you school fees. Finally someone who has analyzed this situation well. Why all the damage control?

25. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 14, 2017 at 11:15 am

but is it only Apostle Suleiman that gave Leonard Leo Mezie money for his Leonard Leo Mezie treatment in London?

26. onyinye

March 14, 2017 at 11:29 am

All these drama. How does it change the price of dollar in the market??? There is no accuser here neither accused. But some things need to be straight. The lady was not 3years old from the tale she told. The man of God cannot and will not seize to be the man of God.Hee is married and will never divorce his wife for her. From obviously the look of events, will not if not never again give money to the lady. What exactly does the lady want? Forgiveness? Money? Fame?? Because if it is to kill the pastor it won’t work. Neither will his ministry shut down. Was she raped? Was she charmed?, Has the pastor been in hiding? And for those accusing the pastor, what if he was not a pastor, will he be charged for raping, deceiving,charming,or what????The last time I checked, Nigerian law does not charge for mutual relationships. Finally God CANNOT BE MOCKED.Both male, female, supporters of male or female….. Know that God is not man,. When He will arise to Defend His name, prepare to maintain your stand. Cos YOU WILL BE OFFICIALLY INVOLVED. THANK U.

27. Justiz

March 14, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Mind you…Stephanie called apostle and asked 500milion or else he will blackmail him and then apostle told her to go on..And alerted the police…It wasn’t apostle that called police for her..Mind what you say dear

28. get your eye test done today

March 14, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Let the apostle come out and defend himself! I double dare him!!!

29. D King

March 14, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Apostle has no hands in miss Otobo’s greed and cheap popularity, she thought she could crucify Apostle Suleman just because she helped innocently for her to turn away from the path of shame and hell not knowing that Apostle is a known giver.. If I;m a prophect which I’m watch out very soon those behind miss Otobo will soon desert her and the entire conspiracy hit a rock and collapse then otobo will be in for the worst that will make her confess and be forgiven and delivered,.

30. Ayock

March 15, 2017 at 12:08 am

You’ll be blackmail too, then you’ll know how it feels.

31. Mee

March 15, 2017 at 12:46 am

Hmmm nawa… The wickedness of humans makes being humane extremely difficult these days.