Scoop

Toyin Lawani got Police Involved “because I refused to apologise” to her – Bobrisky

BellaNaija.com

"Toyin Lawani arrested me because I refused to apologize" - Bobrisky- BellaNaija

Snapchat sensation Idris Okuneye aka Bobrisky has revealed the reason for his alleged arrest.

Bobrisky, speaking to LIB, said fashion entrepreneur Toyin Lawani directed her lawyers to write a petition against him because he refused to apologize to her. According to Bobrisky, the petition said that he worked for her and stole her customers.

Lawani had previously said she had nothing to do with the arrest. Her personal assistant had said: “Please she has nothing to do with that. You people should stop linking her to it.”

However, Bobrisky, speaking to LIB, said:

Toyin Lawani asked her lawyer to write petitions against me that I worked for her and I’m selling cream to all her customers. Which was a fat lie. I never worked for Toyin. She was my friend. I can’t remember ever working for Toyin or learning how to make cream from her.

Then she also said I threatened her. So we are going to Abuja because that was where the case was reported.

Before she wrote petitions against me, she had already threatened me that she is giving me 7 days to go to the internet and apologize to her which I said no way because she offended me. I think because I refused to apologize, she got the police involved.

Yesterday at the police station, I was sitting at the counter and I was told I needed to wait until morning to go to Abuja. My phone was taken from me so I couldn’t talk to anyone. I’m trying to get in touch with my lawyer and all the people I know.

1. Cmbo

November 8, 2017 at 4:55 pm

What is this new trend of taking cases to Abuja? What is the crime? Meanwhile Kemi Olulonyo is still MIA. Something is wrong with our process in this country, where the police is used to oppress people.

• Osa

November 8, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Bella Naija pls kindly rephrase those words in inverted commas. Uncle Bob could not have been that ‘eloquent’. Pls be kind to us readers and tell it like it is #straight talker ????

2. Loveth

November 8, 2017 at 4:56 pm

????please I beg you for god sake please free my bobrisky please ??????

3. Mamamia

November 8, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Did the police ask u to say this bob? Or is this really true? How can one be arrested for taking customers. Which kain nonsense be that. If this is true which I am doubting especially as it is being taken to Abuja, police! Release that man! Don’t you guys have better things to do with your time? Joblessness at its peak.

• Jones

November 8, 2017 at 5:14 pm

But the man can neither speak nor write English so perhaps his version was lost in translation? I mean he says at one point that he doesn’t remember working for the other one.

4. Sean K

November 8, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Its not a new issue whr the Nigerian police has been used to deal with innocent pple…..They shouldnt manipulate bobrisky cause of his status. We are taking of human right abuse. Am not gay,transgender or whatever its called but i only talk from experience when was used agaisnt me for something i know nuttin about in the name of petitions from Abuja….they are abusing the system. Of course bobrisky wont leave without a financial bail out which obviously would have been the oppositions target in disturbing a competitive “beauty therapy” (cream mixing) market.

5. Somto

November 8, 2017 at 5:52 pm

BMPRO did the same thing to 2ladies that used to work for her. She got them arrested on trumped up charges that they stole millions from her and took her customers all because they left her employment after 7yrs of working for her to set up on their own. The police also threatened to take them to Abuja. I guess it’s the new trend to suppress the poor from rising.

• yaz

November 8, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Banke is a punk. Claiming those girls stiffed her of 28 million Naira…na beans? Foolish enemy of progress

6. Me

November 8, 2017 at 6:16 pm

We LOVE you Bobo. My kids and I are praying for your imminent release. As for Madame Toyin, the few customers she has will now disappear…Oloshi

7. Fizzy

November 8, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Toying LAWANI lied she denied having a hand in this. Bobrisky should sue the police. Imagine taking awsy his phone and denying him access to anybody. Toyin lives in Lagos why complain in Abuja? Nigeria is fd up. Keyamo should come and show himself.

• FasholasLover

November 8, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Yinmu. Keyamo will not help him sue. He is now a politician and they have just dashed him political SAN. As a politician in Nigeria, you need the IGP on your side in-case you want to intimidate your perceived enemies.

Furthermore, Keyamo is a media Lawyer. The type of lawyer whose name generates a buzz but in the real sense of the word are not particularly good lawyers. They hardly have any notable/high profile case(s) that they have won. The likes of Gani Fawehinmi. Lawyers like these are usually not wealthy in the real sense of the word becos, the big clients/corporations do not use them. I wouldn’t use Keyamo for anything. But, I guess lf it’s to generate a lot of noise in the media/nuisance value, Bobrisky may go to him. I doubt he’ll want to offend the establishment.

8. Smh

November 8, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Toyin Lawani is severely disturbed! What kind of lawless country is this where you can buy off police and use them to torment others! So based on abuse people can now be arrested? Then the whole of Nigeria should be in jail by now na? I knew that Toyin was mentally disturbed but this is ridiculous. Toyin pls focus on your child and your underage baby daddy. Cradle robber oshi. I’m not even a Bob Stan but this is so stupid and ludicrous

9. Seriously

November 8, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Geez, I’m over here analyzing laws and what not. Not knowing it’s over some petty BS. Anyway, can we have a law here that allows people I can’t stand to be arrested.

10. Fizzy

November 8, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Toying LAWANI lied she denied having a hand in this. Bobrisky should sue the police. Imagine taking awsy his phone and denying him access to anybody. Toyin lives in Lagos why complain in Abuja? Nigeria is f****d up. Keyamo should come and show himself

11. B.E.T. Proudly Nigerian

November 8, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Please, guys. I’m a fresh graduate of English language and I’m currently looking for a work I can do . An online job. Please

• ardnas

November 9, 2017 at 1:38 pm

“…a work I can do…” you will get a work you can do soon. Maybe faster if you said you need a JOB, not work. I pray God does it for you soon, I know how it feels to be without a Job.