News

EFCC files 4-Count Charge against Innoson

BellaNaija.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has filed a 4-count charge against Innoson Nigeria Limited.

The commission made the announcement on its Twitter.

Innocent Chukwuma, CEO of Innoson was added as one of the defendants, as was Charles Chukwuma.

EFCC added that the three have been accused of conspiracy to obtain property by false pretense.

Photos of the charge sheet were shared on the commission’s Facebook page, detailing the witnesses and the offences.

See the charge sheet below:

Photo Credit: Economic and Financial Crimes Commission

1. Bibi

December 25, 2017 at 12:54 am

No longer insurance fraud or import waiver fraud ? Now it’s about acquiring property with false pretence. Is that an economic crime ?

• Mrs chidukane

December 25, 2017 at 5:31 am

Bibi, are you minding them? After dragging his name through the mud,they will fail in court as usual. Not because he’s innoson, but because they’re just a confused organization that don’t know where they lack jurisdiction.

2. JustSaying

December 25, 2017 at 1:48 am

Igbos y’all need to unite and support your brother. I can clearly see what they are trying to do to this guy. They’ll continue to crash all Igbo businesses by any means necessary. Even a blind person can clearly see what’s going on. Cmom now. This is some straight up conspiracy bull—t to bring the guy down. F— Gtbank up and close all your accounts they are behind this and obviously won’t top dawgs in Aso Rock . Uche Pedro if you like swallow this comment I don’t care. We already know you.

3. KPOMKWEM

December 25, 2017 at 2:45 am

WHAT I DON’T UNDERSTAND IS WHY THEY HAD TO WAIT FOR SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE FILING THIS CASE AGAINST CHIEF CHUKWUMA. PROBABLY TO PREEMPT THE OUTCOME OF THE SUPREME COURT JUGDEMENT.

4. Mrs chidukane

December 25, 2017 at 5:32 am

Jurisdiction is the wrong word though. More like locus.

• TEE

December 25, 2017 at 8:03 am

Mrs…what is wrong with the jurisdiction? if a crime is purported to have occurred in a particular state the court in that state has power to adjudicate on it. you are mixing 2 up different legal principles unlese you have info that the alleged crime did not occur in the the state.

5. NdidiAmaka

December 25, 2017 at 7:30 am

If it happened Nov 30
    Wtf are you posting it now
    Obviously so much more has transpired between then and now. What is your goal here bellanaija.com. This is so sick.

• Xmas

December 25, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Actually its not bella’s fault, this is actually how efcc made their press release.

6. tunmi

December 25, 2017 at 3:48 pm

You all are sick. Seriously. You sound like rape apologists who wonder why people are speak in up now.

As long as there use a case to persecute, and as long as it is under the statute of limitations, they can file charges.

Why did it take then so long? I don’t care to know. Not all suspects are caught within days and not all crimes are even discovered the moment they happened. The kidnapper that was caught last year, had he not been working for several years?

Now can EFCC get a win, that’s the question?

7. Bowl

December 25, 2017 at 6:35 pm

@Mrs Chidukane, I thought he was a white collar thief ?
    Now to all you indigbo who come to BN, to form class and form one Nigeria, sit tight and watch this evil system make your champions kiosk owners !
    4 count charge indeed !

• Bobosteke

December 25, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Your response is highly crude and unnecessary.

• Mrs chidukane

December 25, 2017 at 11:47 pm

Bobosteke,merry Christmas love. @bowl,I don’t even understand your comment. If you’re referring to my comment when he was arrested, I said why shoot because of someone who is at best or at the most a white collar criminal. I didn’t say he was. I meant that whatever they say he committed wasn’t a violent crime so using force to effect the arrest isn’t necessary.

8. Mrs chidukane

December 25, 2017 at 11:51 pm

Sorry Ted, I haven’t used my law degree in a while but I do know that efcc is not a court. I don’t really know if they’re the proper party ie if they have the locus standii to bring the matter to court which is why i swapped locus for jurisdiction.

9. Bowl

December 26, 2017 at 11:18 am

@Bobosteke, being crude is claiming refinement while the ‘ Nigerian system ‘ finishes my People. Just so you know, something deep inside of me has been wounded by this system called Nigeria .I don’t care what the rest of the delusional lot like you say !

10. Amina

December 27, 2017 at 11:07 am

Blunders and goofs from Efcc. Rather than face core issues of economic crimes and corruption they chose to meddle in matters between a bank and their customer. Why not refer the issue to CBN?