News

“Their shameful story… is fake news” – Fani-Kayode reacts to report Accusing him of Domestic Violence

BellaNaija.com

"Their shameful story... is fake news" - Fani-Kayode reacts to report Accusing him of Domestic Violence

Fani-Kayode & wife Precious Chikwendu

Former minister of aviation Femi Fani-Kayode has reacted to a report by Sahara Reporters accusing him of physically abusing his wife.

In its report, Sahara Reporters said:

In reality, unknown to many, Fani-Kayode had accused his wife of infidelity. The woman, disclosed family sources, is said to be pregnant with a set of triplets. However, the husband is said to be denying responsibility. The former minister, in a text message to members of his family and friends to him and his wife, said he was ‘reliably informed that the children Precious is carrying are not mine.’

Sahara Reporters had also said Fani-Kayode is using a prophecy by Senior Pastor of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM) Worldwide, Apostle Johnson Suleman, which said there’ll be an attempt on the life of Fani-Kayode’s wife Precious Chikwendu, to cover up his marital crisis.

In a Facebook post on Wednesday, Fani-Kayode had said:

I thank the Lord for using the great Apostle Suleman to expose the evil plan of my adversaries to assasinate my beautiful wife, Precious Chikwendu, in 2018.

The bible says the Lord “reveals to redeem”. They shall fail because she is a daughter of Zion, she is hidden in Christ and she is covered by the blood of Jesus.

If you want a fight face me like a man and leave my wife alone. Only cowards and vermin target the wives of their critics.

No fear! No retreat! No surrender! We are unbeatable!

Sahara Reporters, quoting family sources said Fani-Kayode started physically abusing Precious in the first year of their marriage, adding that she has now left their home and is sleeping at her boutique. The report added that her Mercedes Benz G-Wagon and police escort have also been taken from her.

In another Facebook post on Thursday, Fani-Kayode showered praises on his wife, saying he has “been abducted and forcefully taken prisoner by the most beautiful woman in the world.” “Family is everything,” he added. See the post below:

I have been abducted and forcefully taken prisoner by the most beautiful woman in the world.

We are at a beautiful hotel in Lagos and we are having a wonderful time. Aragorn is part of the conspiracy and he is looking at us and smiling as we are taking these pictures.

Family is everything and I am truly blessed to have Precious. I love you darling. Always will. You are everything to me and you make me so happy.

Thanks for always being there for me. You give me joy. @snowhiteey

Sahara Reporters claimed Fani-Kayode’s “extravagant show of confected affection on Facebook,” is an attempt to mask “the horrors Precious has been subjected to”.

Reacting to the report, Fani-Kayode in a series of tweets described it as a fabrication of “malicious stories,” questioning why the news portal are “so desperate to discredit and raise question marks about Apostle Suleman’s prophecy”. He wrote:

It is obvious that have nothing better to do than to fabricate malicious stories. Their shameful story about my marriage to and my children is fake news. People are being killed and our country destroyed and that is the garbage they write? GROW UP!

Why are so desperate to discredit and raise question marks about Apostle Suleman’s prophecy that there is a plan to kidnap and assassinate my wife this year? Are they part of the conspiracy? Are they and Buhari planning it together? They will fail!

Photo Credit: Facebook – Femi Fani-Kayode

1. MrsO

January 5, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Whether this is true or not, never envy any couple coz you don’t know goes on behind the scene.
    (especially those who write romantic epistles online).
    a man that has been married more than twice is not to be trusted. Just saying.

• Wall flower

January 5, 2018 at 2:53 pm

What is there to envy in an overgrown baboon and a yellow chimpanzee? If the marriage ccatters, its been a long time coming. As long as that agbaza woman and all other people ffk has been insensitive towards are still alive or dead, then the game has just started for these two creatures

• Osa

January 5, 2018 at 2:56 pm

I thought it was range Rover before. Now G-wagon. This Precious (what a name!) dey ball o.

• ij

January 5, 2018 at 6:21 pm

exactly!!
      Every day you read earth shattering declarations of love online ,”you have made me whole again”, “you brought sunshine into my life”, “before you there was darkness in my life and i was going around in circles like the Israelites on their way to the promised land but you brought the light and showed me the way” ,
      You just never know what’s going on behind closed doors.

• Wale Vintage

January 6, 2018 at 5:54 am

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Sahara Reporters sometimes makes mistakes but they are usually at least 80% accurate. They have good sources. If we consider FFK’s past marriages and stories from his previous wives, then it is almost certain he abuses this one too. Really Sad indeed.

• Boladale

January 8, 2018 at 8:33 am

Yes o.

2. omomo

January 5, 2018 at 7:48 pm

hmm…when 3 marriages pack up with all women telling similar stories..what makes the new entrant feel things will be different …money isn’t all o……..any way let her goan “pray ,dry fast and look inwards, wear sexy nightie, cook sumptuous meals ….yada yada yada “…ok bye ..

3. Weezy

January 5, 2018 at 8:32 pm

The guy sounds unhinged.

4. Femi Is a Piece of Crap

January 5, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Fake where? Bia, Femi, please please! We don’t want to open up a can of worms oh! Isn’t that how you beat Saratu Atta till she had to run away before she died? Is that not how you used to slap Yemisi around like a wild animal? So bad that her parents had to carry her away? Femi we know you from back in London oo! And to think that Saratu and Yemisi were children of wealthy and influential people and you still brutalized them! Then I shudder to think of what you will do to Precious who is nothing but a runs girl with zero pedigree. Bellanaija post my comment please; this animal must be exposed!

• Bia

January 6, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Runs girl with zero pedigree??? Wao! You just exposed yourself. Not everybody who lives/lived in London/Abroad lives/lived well. I know for sure from this your comment that you are one of those who went to London to count bridges. So she has no pedigree? Who cares. The important thing is what she is able to make of her adult life. Cuss FFK if you must but leave his wife’s background out. Anyone who comes from a good home will never look down on others the way you have tried to rubbish his wife. You are not from a good home. KMT

• Osa

January 7, 2018 at 1:09 pm

@Bia whether you like it or not pedigree DOES matter. Whether we pretend it doesnt matter or not. People only pretend it doesnt matter. At the end of the day actions speak louder than words

5. 'Deola

January 6, 2018 at 12:19 am

I have doubts with what Sahara Reporters put out, yet FFK is a public figure and a thought leader, a controversial one of sorts, as such I think he should not be exempt from constant public scrutiny.

With the above mentioned, the man’s MO is that of a skillful political manipulator who exhibits weird superstitious beliefs hiding behind the Christian religion and Yoruba beliefs. For some, it is hard to criticize man that invokes biblical quotes to make an argument, or calls on a pastor’s New Year’s prediction to make allegations. What is obvious is there is lack of objectivity in his ranting.

Nevertheless, I find it strange that he ended up marrying a beautiful, young Igbo woman even though he has insulted the woman’s ethnicity and has had many heated exchanges with the members of the Igbo group in the past. He says he is a lover of history, writes poems, and born again Christian. Yet, there is something very violent in the essays he writes .The man comes across as unstable and can do anything.

I just hope the wife is okay. I wish the report from Sahara Reporter is untrue.

• Ethio

January 6, 2018 at 12:23 pm

We both know it’s true man

6. Toro Akinseye

January 6, 2018 at 9:15 am

Let this young lady start putting in all effort into her work as she may have to raise the 4 children alone. I wonder what happened to the Ghanaian lady he was married too and her daughter?

7. Ottawa Queen

January 6, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Even if it’s true, will you openly say so? Mshew!

8. Letty

January 6, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Femi kayode is a drug abuser. As Nigerians will say she has entered ine chance. He’s an immature kiss and tell paranoid man. This can’t end well.

9. Jade

January 6, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Abeg, is this news. If it was reported that he’s not an egoistic abuser, that will be shocking. This news is his character. I don’t feel sorry for precious, she chose it. Did she think bcos she’s young, abi her color will change him and things

10. Dame Marian

January 8, 2018 at 11:49 am

see how scared she looks ni……true story man.