Scoop

Designer Ayo Van Elmar calls out Salma Phillips for allegedly Owing Her

BellaNaija.com

Ayo Elizabeth Olaogun creative director of Ayo Van Elmar took to her Instagram page earlier today, to call out TV personality, Salma Phillips saying that she failed to pay for a dress made for her back in August 2017.

According to the designer, she made the clothes for the TV personality in less than 40 hours. Ayo also shared photos of herself with Salma in the dress as well as the invoice which was mailed to Selma.

Salma Phillips is yet to address the situation.

See posts below:

@fulanipearl @salma_phillips First of all, I’m not sure @deolasagoe charges that little to make an outfit in less than 40 hours. I studied fashion design as a profession, thorough German degree. And I am the best and what I do! I have a right to my prices. You could have found a cheaper alternative, if you thought my services were to expensive for you. #2. Regarding the fit, I don’t understand what you mean cuz she’s wearing it on this picture and thanking me and she showed up and partied in the pieces. #3. We’d scheduled a fitting, she didn’t show up, I waited till past midnight. Fittings are quintessential, you’ve got to understand that. #4. I eventually sent my staff with a mobile sewing machine to Salma, to fit in her home and make all necessary alterations. Salma didn’t attend to them, she never came out to complain to me. But she partied in the pieces? I don’t get you. #5. I stayed up through the night with three staff members to cut off the flowers from the fabric and stitch them on one by one, by hand, to achieve the 3D look on the neckline and the shoulders, and you don’t wanna pay? Your stylist @jowysfashionconsulting and I have asked you severally over eight months, with pleas to pay up. In fact I’ve told you to pay whatever you wanna pay! Just pay! Next post is a picture of the invoice! Your friend isn’t telling the truth about what I’d charged.

A post shared by Ayo Elizabeth Olaogun (@ayovanelmar) on

1. XYZ

April 7, 2018 at 11:27 pm

So BN why didn’t you post mznwanekas’ own?

2. Lilo

April 8, 2018 at 1:17 am

Gbogbo bigs ghels palaver. Onigbese slay queens! Hahaha

3. Yumz

April 8, 2018 at 1:51 am

But who is Salma Phillips? :s

4. Ephi

April 8, 2018 at 6:40 am

BN, your tag is incorrectly spelt as Selma Phillips. This is the talk show lady that interviewed Laura ikeji couple of days ago.

5. Omoté

April 8, 2018 at 10:27 am

Where did the videos go??

6. Rakiya

April 8, 2018 at 1:15 pm

Bellanaija your blog is foul! Why would you put this up? oh yeah you guys never liked Salma, you never put up her work….but you get paid to ridicule her without knowing her own side of the story….? but you won’t post my comment…Salma is my friend and Ayo knows what went wrong in the mix….why didn’t you charge Salma on the spot? why wait for days to pass then triple your price to 168k after Jowy her friend and stylist and your friend as well gave her a price of 50k for both outfits…Then turn around and triple the bill after making them. Bellanaija shame on you

7. Tito

April 8, 2018 at 2:10 pm

My own is, why are designers charging clients for fitting? Is it the client’s fault that they didn’t get the measurements right? Abi iru exploitation wo leleyi?

8. Abc

April 8, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Perhaps you bella naija should have reached out to salma to get her side of the story before carrying it on your platform! How is this even news???? ridiculous and complete f—ery.