Taiwo “ILoveUrGlow” & Kehinde “DJ Soupamodel”

So we decided to do something a little bit different today! You are accustomed to viewing all the exclusive photos from events all over Nigeria on BellaNaija. From Lagos to Port Harcourt, Enugu and let’s not forget Abuja. This time, BN journeyed to the tri-state area in the USA. On Wednesday 21st November 2012 as twins, Kehinde “DJ Soupamodel” and Taiwo “ILoveUrGlow” celebrated their birthday in style.

DJ Soupamodel is known as one of the leading female DJs, a Grammy (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States) member and a music producer while ILoveUrGlow is rising make-up artiste and event planner.

From start to finish, the birthday party held at a tri-state area, was a fun gathering with lots of finger foods and non-stop music. Check out all the exclusive photos from the event here on BN.

Photos

It’s time to Party!

Credits
Planning & Decor: ILoveYourGlow.com
Photography: Paosin & Sambition Photos
Music: DJ Zimo

56 Comments on Leading Nigerian-American DJ Soupamodel & her twin Taiwo of ILoveUrGlow celebrate their Birthday in Style – All the Fab Shots from the DC/MD/VA Fête
  • Dude December 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm

nice pictures. but do people have to pay for this?

• NNEKA December 17, 2012 at 2:09 pm

They sure had fun. happy birthday in arears.

• NNEKA December 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

*arrears*

• darkhorse December 17, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Jesus House DC choir, I see most of una o. Good to see you guys letting your hair down. Up Jesus House!!!!

• Couture By Makioba December 17, 2012 at 2:41 pm

thank God no Uti, Alex nor Karen….. fresh air…. :)

• Ola December 17, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Nice pixs. Most of these kids come to Jesus House DC.

• MISSKHADIVA December 17, 2012 at 3:05 pm

KIDS? I see no kids in the pictures tho.

• Naomi December 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Everyone looks stylish…really nice..

• bimpe December 17, 2012 at 3:03 pm

lol @kids..smh

• Chika December 17, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Lulu, I see you boo! :) DMV people can parry sha lol.

• laolu December 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm

from celebrants outfits to venue to ambiance are all stunning! i like..this is what i call a “classy and chic” party!..not the overly congested ones…

• X factor December 17, 2012 at 3:12 pm

classy, decent, exquisite,fantastic………Happy Birthday!

• chi chi December 17, 2012 at 3:14 pm

i love that the party was classy, everybody dressed up formally/nicely. If na naija now, the guests no go follow the dress code…

pls visit and follow-
    jewelzmag.com

• Diva December 17, 2012 at 3:34 pm

And then there was satin….and lots of it! what an unforgiving fabric….plus, the finishing of the outfits was poor making the celebrants look hecka tacky….nice crowd though!! looks like they had a lot of fun

• bisi December 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm

LMAOO, YOU SOUND BITTER AND FULL OF HATE. GO AND HAVE YOUR OWN PARTY ABEG, THEN POST THE PICS. OH WAIT, IT WOULD NEVER MAKE IT TO BELLA NAIJA! LOLLL..

• onome December 17, 2012 at 6:03 pm

what’s wrong with satin? no be fabric? lol. Abi they should wear iro and buba with gele? lol. smh. females like to hate sha.

• Amazing December 18, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Nigerians and the hate word, cant a person express a different opinion without being labelled a hater??? I totally agree, satin is a very unforgiven fabric, it shows every lump and bump and the dress was not finished to a high standard which made the dresses look cheap. No hating here, just fact.

• Peperempe December 18, 2012 at 1:27 am

I agree with you! Satin has to be lined properly for it to not look tacky. The blue jumpsuit was the perfect example of how not to wear satin.

• koko December 17, 2012 at 3:42 pm

the first 5 pics are they regular men or models…supper sexy oh

• Mo December 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Choi…. That man in picture 2 is too sexy!!!! Kilorde?

• BISI December 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm

LOLLL @KOKO…REGULAR NOW….SUPERMODEL TINS!! WISH I WAS THERE SHA KAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

• gooby December 17, 2012 at 3:53 pm

nice party! d twin on blue jumpsuit; is dat ur spanx or wat?

• Sbaby December 17, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I tire oh

• Kitty December 18, 2012 at 1:13 am

Yup its spanx. Spanx doesnt go well with satin,lycra or stretchy fabrics. Its very unforgiving.

• fifi December 17, 2012 at 4:04 pm

umm no offense but why are they important, never heard of dj soupamodel till today. Anyways they looked like they had fun, Good for them. and many more years to come.

• lolly December 17, 2012 at 4:06 pm

@Couture by Makioba…lol, you just spoke my mind, nice to see a whole set of new faces.

• onut December 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Nice pictures but I have never heard of these two women.

• Gidi Girl December 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm

oooohhhhh I see me!!!! Party was awesome. FUNNERS!!!! :)

• Retrochic December 17, 2012 at 5:04 pm

The ladies looked beautiful, dnt understand why the other twin, had to make her outfit trouser that spoilt it for me, love the crowd, enuf food and all, but i still Naija chicks here dress far better, i didnt understand some dresses, and the combination with panty hose, some outfit clearly didnt need it. i feel the Guys dressed better than the chicks, just saying

• Amanda Vaughn December 17, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I hope you know it’s winter here in the DMV. They wore the pantyhose because it’s cold.

• SweetBabyLove December 17, 2012 at 5:17 pm

this looks awesome. A butt load of haterations going on.. lol. DMV has its own fashion statement, just like NY has its own. Per the panty hose, its protection from displaying some hoohahs, and also temperature. Plus panty hose in trend.. I mean in trend her and not in the hot weathers of Naija, at least this was more stylish in black, and not some Naija chic wearing white girls panty hose…
    Nice work ladies

• dammylee December 17, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Nice classy birthday. luking pretty (especially taiwo). Dj Zimo in the house- Very fanstatic DJ. He needs to find his ass down to nig and show them what a real Dj is. Overall concept, I like.

• BISI December 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm

@fifi…hater alert!..use google.com to do your research. Overall, we applaud BN for posting good stuff on there site PERIOD! ..

• fifi December 17, 2012 at 5:31 pm

my dear u must be a friend to them, just because bella naija post them here dont mean a lot of people know who they are, am sure some people who saw the pics were like me asking who are these people, i for one didnt know of them prior to this, and only because of bella naija am i hearing of them.It has nothing to do with hating, i was merely expressing my freedom of speech. okay, have a nice day.

• bisi December 17, 2012 at 5:47 pm

@fifi..my apologies..dont take it serious…:)

• alagba December 17, 2012 at 5:23 pm

on the contrary, i kinda like the two outfits!!! shows there personalities! for a change, NO BALL DRESS GOWNS!! lol

• meangirl December 17, 2012 at 5:25 pm

una people like to talk dust sha. lol. cant you just enjoy the pics? No one cares about your comments or thoughts. lol

• longhairandcare December 17, 2012 at 5:28 pm

go and buy your own brazilian hair and stop hating! hehehehe. This is what i call a PARTY. Not Crowded!

• longhairandcare December 17, 2012 at 5:30 pm

@onut you’re in Naija..innit? exactly..cross the boarder and do your research..lol..There are more naija ladies on the rise than Tonto you know..lollllllll

• Dee December 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I see y’all JHDC peeps repping!! Niice. Happy Birthday to DJ Soupamodel and my cell leader that never was! lol

• Necessary December 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm

buhahahaha @ crossing the border. That is ridiculously funny. Unfortunately fashion in Nigeria can sometimes borderline clownsuits! yea some folks dress nice but some folks are just off the wall.
    I will like to party with these DMV folks, they look awesome, will be nice to know what parties are like there.
    And to the panty hose or stockings comment, girl it is winter! the weather is cold. plus some of those dresses are pretty short, and these chics are covering their “privates”, I doubt u subscribe to decency.

• Sbaby December 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Nice outfit, wo is their tailor?

• Nkechi December 17, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Twin in blue jumpsuit me no likey something about the fitting aint right. Its cold we know but the pantyhose didn’t do justice to some of those dresses plenty other ladies wore short dresses with no pantyhose plus pantyhose with open toe shoes?? no no overall nice party at least everyone was dressed like they were going to the same event.

• mali December 17, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Nice pics. I remember Taiwo. She was Miss Africa international 2003. Happy birthday darlings. You both look fab even after having kids lol.

• GRACE December 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm

GOD GIVE ME TWINS O!!!! CHAI!!!

• omonaija December 18, 2012 at 2:19 am

Wait.Thats the chic that produced the beenie man and wizkid song. Im loving the pictures. Classy event with beautiful people.
    i cant help but laugh at some hateration comments. You are here hating while these 2 beautiful ladies are smiling to the bank. Keep on hating

• Maxie December 18, 2012 at 3:00 am

Does anyone know the name and location of the venue for this party. Love the ambiance. If you know the name please reply yo my post.

• Chick December 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Maybe Bisi can reply since she is thier spokeswoman.

• Necessary December 18, 2012 at 3:57 pm

it is somewhere in MD

• her royalmajesty December 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm

the blue trouser satin didnt really go well 4 me. i applaud the twin on gown. i love pics 2, very captivating, cool party

• chioma December 18, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Luv ur swag ladies. Wish iwas there; venue, food and dj. What can can u ask for. People that are talking shuld host there own party, let’s see. Were is the location. I need to know, live in maryland area.

• BISI December 18, 2012 at 10:50 pm

lolll @ spokewoman…
    funny enough..i dont know them personally, i only know of’ them.
    I just feel females(99.9% of yall commenting) need to stop hating and appreciate women doing things, and positive at that. One was outfit, its not exposing, yet SEXY. If na “ommphh” now, all body parts most be exposed in order to look nice…overall, its ok to voice your opinions, comments etc…but keep in mind they are human beings too and we all need to stick together…lastly, DO YOUR RESEARCH!! lol. Did you know djsoupamodel is signed to tpain as well and has worked with missy elliott and big names here in the states? exactly! only empty barrels make the loudest noise ….my 2cents… bisi aka the spokewoman..lmaooooo

• BISI December 18, 2012 at 10:52 pm

per venue..find them on twitter or fb and ask them directly! lol. im just clowning around…yall dont mind me…

• omonaija December 19, 2012 at 1:10 am

I did my little research on Taiwo. Nice work. I love hardworking female entrepreneurs

• omonaija December 19, 2012 at 1:25 am

I guess you can ask for the venue information if you really need it.