US based Nigerian born Poet/Writer – Bassey Ikpi will be coming to Nigeria in August 2012 for her show Bassey Ikpi Live in Nigeria taking place in Lagos, Abuja and her home town, Calabar.
The show which will run for 5 days will see Bassey Ikpi deliver some of her best and most creative spoken word poetry. Just before her arrival, Bassey Ikpi has told us exclusively all the details of her poetry contest tagged – Home.
The theme of the contest is home and below are all the details on how you can enter.
- Submit an Original Poem that is at least half in English
- Video must be recorded specifically for the competition – One camera, One Poet, Live performance videos and videos with special effects are not allowed
- Before you begin your poetry, you must state your name and where you’re from. Please also include your E-mail address in the information box of your video
- Video submissions should be no more than 2 Minutes long
- Set up a Youtube and Gmail account
- Share the video with your friends and get them to like it for a chance to be selected as the audience favourite
- Follow @BasseyworldLive on Twitter and Like her Facebook Fan Page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bassey-Ikpi-Fan-Page/37219645379 for updates on the contest and be sure to leave a comment after uploading your video
The deadline for submission is Sunday 27th May 2012 by 11:59 PM. You can enter this competition from anywhere in Africa but you have to be in Lagos at the time of Bassey’s arrival.
Winners will get a cash prize which will be announced later and also a one-on-one mentoring session with Bassey Ikpi.
Watch Bassey Ikpi speak on the contest & her live performance in the US
Contact: For more info and general enquiries, Follow @BasseyworldLive | @pdbraide & @gbagyichild on Twitter
About Bassey Ikpi
Bassey Ikpi is a Nigerian born Poet/writer who was a featured cast member of the National Touring Company of the Tony Award winning Broadway show, Russell Simmon’s Def Poetry Jam. Not a stranger to the stage, her poetry has also opened shows by Grammy Award winning artists and has earned her standing ovations at the NAACP Image Awards as part of a tribute to Venus and Serena Williams, Johannesburg, South Africa’s annual arts festival, Joburg Arts Alive and at The United Nations Annual. As it relates to media, she has graced the pages of such notable publications as Nylon, Marie Claire, Glamour and Bust.