On the 15th of September, Akpene Diata Hoggar’s dream of becoming Miss Universe Ghana 2018 came true as she succeeded MUG 2017 Ruth Quashie.
Akpene, who lives in Accra and represented the Brong Ahafo Region, will go ahead to represent Ghana at the Miss Universe Beauty pageant which will be held in Bangkok, Thailand on December 17, 2018
But before then, here are a couple of things to know about the reigning queen:
- She studied Management Information System at Ashesi University, where she graduated with honors in 2016.
- She is a Model who has competed in the Model Face of Ghana.
- She is a creative consultant and owns a lifestyle digital agency called Sundiata Studios.
- She is a co-founder of Peer Relief; which is a mental health awareness initiative.
- She is a Travel and Lifestyle Blogger.
See photos of her through the months of the competition below:
Arrival to Bootcamp
Photo Credit: @sun_diata