Style

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013: Bridget Awosika

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013007Now let’s take a look at the Bridget Awosika Spring/Summer 2014 collection from the final day at the GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013.

Hitting us with beautiful sheath dresses with fringe details, long dresses with sheer fabric and slight graphic details and a collection of light summer colours perfect for SS14. Check out the collection below.

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013: Bridget AwosikaGTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013001 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013002 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013006 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013005 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013004 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013003 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013008 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013009 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013014 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013010 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013011 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013013 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013012 GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Bridget Awosikar - BellaNaija - October2013015

Photo Credits: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna

1. Non professional opinion

October 28, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Bridget, Bridget, Bridget. How many times did I call your name.
    I don’t even know where to start. This is sheer brilliance. I’m in awe. This is not beaded basics this is advanced cut, finish and construction done in a way that is beautiful and feels effortless. You deserve a standing ovation.! I need look 10 in about a dozen colours

• Ib

October 29, 2013 at 1:53 am

Cosign! !

2. tutu

October 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Eccentric..I just love u bridget awosika

3. momo

October 28, 2013 at 10:47 pm

This beautiful lady continues to amaze me ! This is finesse at its peak wow! Cut, thought process, construction so beautiful. I concur with non professional opinion standing ovation to queen b.

4. bee

October 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm

BRIDGET AWOSIKA!!!!!!! always my fave!!!! GORGE soon and
    very soon i shall have me something from your collection
    😀

5. noel

October 28, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Love how she made sheer material look structured yet so
    effortless. You can tell a lot of thinking went into these designs
    yet they manage to still look simple. Great collection here Miss
    BA!

6. Editrix

October 29, 2013 at 12:23 am

This look: http://www.bellanaija.com/?attachment_id=295871 has Victor and Rolf written all over it . By all over I mean the structured 3D pleats. Check V&R’s 2009/2010 collections. Well done Bridget Awosika.

7. nneks

October 29, 2013 at 12:26 am

Wow! See cut variations! I am really in awe too. What a talent. That pale pink tiered dress!!!!

8. Nneks

October 29, 2013 at 12:48 am

WOW WOW WOW……LOVE IT!!…Good Job Maam…..

9. mitzy

October 29, 2013 at 1:19 am

Impeccable as always! I must have said this several times but as with most of the best talents in the arts and entertainment world what often baffles me is that they seem to be the ones that usually don’t have the strongest pr team. Bridget Awosika is undeniably talented! I have watched her brand for quiet some time now and I believe all this lady needs are solid backers and a dedicated pr team to get her to the next level.

• Non professional opinion

October 29, 2013 at 9:44 am

I’ve noticed her simmering under the surface, but I somehow got the impression she wasn’t really serious about making a business out of this. Omoyemi needs to be championing her cause because I can see her really SELLING internationally.

10. kex

October 29, 2013 at 1:47 am

One of the things I love about her is that you can tell she is very confident as in her designs really shows her confidence as a designer. She never feels the need to hide under heavy patterns , prints, beads, ruffles, all the fuss and so forth. She just seem to work magic with the simplest fabrics. The color palette and cuts in this collection is just beautiful.

11. iCrossMyHeart

October 29, 2013 at 7:33 am

Simply amazing….I love this collection. My favorite thus far.

12. chi chi

October 29, 2013 at 8:50 am

Mucho Impressive!! Sheer brilliance, great creativity. Bridget Awosika does structure like no one else in Nigeria. Love it!

jewelzmag.com

13. Online13

October 29, 2013 at 8:53 am

My best Nigerian designer. Real talent.

14. Banni

October 29, 2013 at 12:38 pm

The collection is not innovative, she’s just a good technician

15. peps

October 29, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Briliant designer! Best so far!!!

16. itsjustme

November 9, 2013 at 1:06 am

really love the shapes n colours