Scoop

Dakore Akande is the Cover Star for Genevieve Magazine’s May 2017 Issue

BellaNaija Style

Stunning!

Nollywood actress and producer Dakore Egbuson Akande covers Genevieve Magazine‘s May 2017 issue in a plunging neckline fringe dress by Nigerian designer Fruché

Her chat with the magazine covers her life but centres on where she is right now. The actress talked feminism, and her role in the romantic comedy, “Isoken”; a movie on the “Before 30” conversation.

She told the magazine, “Marriage has made me more patient and accepting of mine and others flaws for sure.” And, “…becoming a wife and Mum, and having my own personal experiences deepened my appreciation for women’s rights and stories.”

Credits
Photography: Tope Adenola of Horpload Works| @Topehorpload
Make-up: Remi of Book Of Glam Stories| @bookofglamstories
Hair: Tonye of Vavavoom
Stylist: Tokyo James| @tokyojames
Venue: Renaissance Hotel GRA

1. Nationalsquirrel

May 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm

the skin lightening really suits her

• Olanne

May 12, 2017 at 1:12 am

I mistakenly liked your comment. She is NOT skin lightening at all.

2. Baby gurl

May 11, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Cleavage for days. I’m usually so demure and all covered up 80% of the time but I’m just loving this for some reason. It’s so tastefully done. With the strategic hair placement and all LOL. Plus Tokyo James is an equally good stylist.

3. sunshine

May 11, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Bella Naija; in an entire article about Dakore’s life and achievements the only part you chose to highlight was: ‘Marriage has made me more patient and accepting of mine and others flaws for sure.” And, “…becoming a wife and Mum, and having my own personal experiences deepened my appreciation for women’s rights and stories’. Do better please. Thank you.

4. Nyc

May 12, 2017 at 12:15 am

Chief Mrs Akande will hear about this cleavage! Hmmmm apostle must hear about this ???

5. funmilola

May 12, 2017 at 2:01 am

I wonder what it is with showing cleavage?

6. Amaa

May 12, 2017 at 9:20 am

Can this magazine go beyond a certain circle of people gracing their cover page . I love Dakore but GM covers are so predictable like you know who is going to be on the next cover page . Maybe it’s time to look beyond ABJ and Lagos . Find that intriguing woman that no one has heard about but is doing a fantastic job to advance the cause of women and society. Tell us a story we haven’t heard before. Adesua did a good job with her cover page of NHN. I am sure there are so many women doing exceptionally well out there. The recycling is. Boring .

7. Aderonke

May 12, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Well said Amaa but like they always defend their actions that it is about sales for their publications. If they put you or I do you think they will sell?
    But they forget that these celebrities started from somewhere with the help of someone and became the star they are today.
    Beyond them all sectors need to search and believe in young minds that are also doing great things for our themselves and building the nation… however we can start with ourselves by promoting ourselves when we know we are making a true difference!
    ONLY YOU CAN BLOW YOUR OWN TRUMPET AND ONLY US CAN MAKE THE WORLD HEAR US!
    God bless Nigeria