“Half of a Yellow Sun” to premiere in Nigerian Cinemas on August 1st

As BN told you on Saturday, the National Film and Video Censors Board has approved the screening of Half of a Yellow Sun.

Read the official release from the producers of the movie;

Shareman Media and FilmOne Distribution, are happy to announce that the highly anticipated movie, Half of a Yellow Sun has been certified for theatrical release in Nigeria.

The movie, starring BAFTA award-winning and Oscar-nominated actor Chiwetel Ejiofor, BAFTA award-winning actress Thandie Newton, Anika Noni Rose, AMAA winners Genevieve Nnaji and Onyeka Onwenu, Zack Orji, and O.C. Ukeje has been opened to audiences in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and USA.

Following the certification by the National Film and Video Censors Board, the movie will be available in cinemas across Nigeria from the 1st of August 2014.

With world-wide rave reviews and critical acclaim, this silky love tale has thrilled movie audiences everywhere. Half of a Yellow Sun is now set to strike a special chord with every Nigerian.

The producers and distributors of this landmark movie would like to particularly thank all Nigerian for their patience and support

10 Comments on “Half of a Yellow Sun” to premiere in Nigerian Cinemas on August 1st
  • It’s Black&Beautiful July 7, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Yaaaaay! It’s about that time…

• ella July 7, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I’ve lost my initial zeal about seeing the movie….that feeling when you’re eagerly about to eat a delicious meal on an empty stomach, and then suddenly the food is not ready….hmm! after a long wait, your kinda not feeling the same way anymore. Oh well I hope I still enjoy it

• @edDREAMZ July 7, 2014 at 5:31 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Ok too much tory already abeg, make them kuku bring am..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Idak July 7, 2014 at 6:05 pm

No longer interested, I might just go the torrent route.

• NNENNE July 8, 2014 at 4:46 am

About time!

• chimoh July 8, 2014 at 9:30 am

me, i want to see the undiluted version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooooo haaaaaaaa, anybody has access to the copy streaming online in the US???????????????????????

• Terfa Jato July 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I eager look forward to the thrilling moment when I watch the film. But the moment will be no thrilling one if the film proves the quintessential existental catastrophe.

• Terfa Jato July 8, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I eagerly look forward to the thrilling moment when I watch the film. But the moment will be no thrilling one if the film proves the quintessential existental catastrophe.

• onyeneke obiageli stella July 9, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I have always loved chimamanda and her works, Just cant wait to see the movie, I am a huge fan.
    However, i aspire to be a genius like her, please click and read iamorby.blogspot.com/2014/06/down-in-mouth.html

• solomon July 11, 2014 at 11:25 pm

been trying the torrent route but quite difficult. I go kuku ma take money go watch am oooo jare