“White Nigerian” Mohammed Jammal Shares his NYSC Experience with BN

Posted on Monday, January 28th, 2013 at 5:14 PM

By White Nigerian

When we received the first email from Mohammed Jammal, our interest was piqued! He emphasized that irrespective of the colour of his skin, he is purely Nigerian and he had only one passport and it is green. We tried to probe further into his antecedents but he remained firm in his insistence that he is Nigerian. We could only conclude that he was a true bred Nigerian and his blood runs GREEN! Nigerian comedian, AY discovered “White Nigerian” on YouTube and invited him to the AY Live show in London. After his studies at the London Metropolitan University, Mohammed came to Nigeria for his National Youth Service Corps program. We were very interested in finding out how the “White Nigerian” coped at the NYSC orientation camp. He kindly obliged us by sharing his experience with us at BellaNaija. We hope you enjoy it.

“They say “never judge a book by its cover” and that’s exactly right. A lot of people see me and assume I am an “Oyibo.” I’m not and let my color not deceive you. It’s what’s inside that counts and for me apart from the color, I am Nigerian to the core. Born and bred in Jos, I grew up speaking Hausa and of course pidgin English. I have one passport and it’s green. So just like every other Nigerian, I completed my studies and decided to serve my country.

It’s time to serve!

When I first went to register for NYSC at the Headquarters in Abuja, everyone was looking at me like “Is this boy well?” “What is this boy doing?” Deciding to do the NYSC is one of the best things I have done for myself and one of the best things every university graduate could do for themselves and their nation.

Many people assumed that because I am “white” I’d try to influence my posting in some way or try to avoid being a part of the program entirely. Camp was a lot of fun. I got posted to Nasarawa camp and that’s where I met people of different backgrounds, different religions, cultures and different statuses. For me, camp was all about discipline. For example, you had to wake up at 4am, fetch your water, take a bath and go straight to the parade ground. At the parade ground the army guys will be waiting for us and if you came late, just know, “Wahala dey oh.” Whenever the beagle rang, you have to leave what you were doing and go straight to the next activity otherwise you were in trouble. You will most likely do frog jump, squat down in the sun or kneel down on the boiling hot floor and that’s all part of the discipline. They gave us a few hours free during the day to go do what you want, but they always reminded us that “For Nasarawa, Corper no dey rest”

Ajuwaya!

In my block/hostel, I guess I stood out from everyone else and I talked the most as I was elected as hostel leader for my block. This meant I was in charge of the over 200 people that were staying in my block. The good thing though is that I didn’t have to go to parade ground until everyone in my block has gone out. Yes, some people were a pain, but the majority of those in my block were actually very disciplined. I think my block was the only place where nothing went missing…well apart from people’s buckets, and that was only for some time as it always ended up under your bed when you woke up in the morning. The rule I put in my block was no one was allowed to say “who stole my…” You had to say  “who borrowed my…” Because, that way the person who “borrowed” your item will feel guilty and bring it back and to be honest it worked very well. Also when we got to our block, our bathrooms were not too clean so everyone in my block contributed money in order for one of the cleaners on camp to come everyday and clean our bathrooms, toilets and  the whole hostel. I’m sure not everyone in my block paid but we were still able to raise enough money to keep our blocks clean for the 3 weeks and I made sure of that.

I didn’t see myself as different, but I guess because of my color I stood out, which had its pros and cons. For example, there was no way I could escape without going to parade ground or any other activities without people asking where is that “White Nigerian” The soldiers particularly enjoyed using me as a scapegoat. I always got made fun of whenever I did something silly, but I enjoyed making people laugh.

Life in camp

In the beginning, not everyone in camp knew I was a musician; however, as time went on and we had events by MTN, Indomie , Glo and Airtel I started performing my songs and people realized “White Nigerian” was not just a description of what I was but my stage name too. It was a way of doing free promo and I actually got a lot of fans from camp. I even had to call Abuja so they could print CDs for me to give out because everyone was demanding for it. I printed out 1,000 copies and gave them out for free in camp.

As I mentioned earlier I like the fact that people had the opportunity to display their talents at camp. We had some very talented people in my camp from comedians to dancers to musicians. It was an opportunity to show case your talent to over 2,000 people which is a larger audience than many places an upcoming artist finds oneself performing. Also, because we were put in different platoons, we had to compete against others so everyone gave their best.

Towards the end of camp, as much as it was fun, I just couldn’t wait to leave camp because I was exhausted. Sleeping for 3-4 hours a night for three weeks was no joke at all. That last day was the one that I was worried about most because that was the day they gave us our posting letter. I won’t lie I was scared I would be posted to a school in one village or bush where there is no network and no light.

Camp over!

Luckily I was posted to a school in Karu Local Government, which is about 30 minutes from where I currently live in Abuja. I was rejected in my first place of primary assignment but they rejected quite a number of us so I didn’t feel too bad. I had to go and look for another school and eventually found one that accepted me. That’s the school I am currently teaching at now where teach computer studies to JS 1 JS2 and JS3. I remember when I got to the school and heard the children saying “Oh boy we don get Oyibo teacher oh.”

We were placed in different Community Development Service groups also known as CDS. I was in the skills acquisition group. They brought a generator and showed us how to service it; removing all the parts and coupling it back together. In the same day, we also learned how to make proper suya and that was where I started showing off my own skills. In fact I think I made it better than some Aboki suya men.

In general, I have to say that while many people say NYSC is a waste of time and a big joke, it is NOT. Just like everything in this life, it’s all about what you make out of it. I went to camp and I made the most out of it. NYSC brings different cultures, religions and ethnicities together to make a difference in the communities around us. I have seen how much the government has put into the scheme and I have to say its really making a difference in the community. Individually we might not like it, but collectively look how much of a difference we are making both within our own networks and experiences and within our nation.  We are able to encourage primary and secondary school children and pass on the knowledge we have learned in our own higher education. It gives the children an opportunity to come into contact with graduates from many walks of life who have one thing in common – a commitment to serve their nation. Just remember, life is what you make out of it and I am making the best of my NYSC experience, so if you have not already had the opportunity to do so, when yours arises – please do the same.

I’m white. I’m Nigerian. I’m corper NS/12C/09XX and I’m proud to be serving my country.

****

Check out the video of “Taka Rawa”

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 97 Comments on ““White Nigerian” Mohammed Jammal Shares his NYSC Experience with BN”

Comments
    • loveth O. January 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Interesting

• YummyMummy January 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

so?….let the comments come in…ma wa fi awo ra oja ni bi ooo! ma wa fi ‘oyinbo’ ko wa lomi obe je jor’,in as much you are nigerian,it is a norm so get along with it,He looks like he is from middle east to me,doesnt really look like oyibo,wareva!

• chuks January 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

guy ur not white ur lebanese stop folling urself

• Bukstar January 28, 2013 at 10:50 PM

It sure made you happy saying that right? Like Lebanese is a race, abi? Who is “folling” who now?

• chiiiichiii January 29, 2013 at 4:26 AM

lol gbam

• RVI January 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

nicely said…lol!

• P January 29, 2013 at 6:42 AM

My thoughts exactly. What passes for Caucassian in Nigeria??

• chuks January 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

fooling*

• nems January 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM

He vlogs about his experience as a White Nigerian on his Youtube Channel, it is worth watching especially his experience while studying in England.
      anemistyle.blogspot.com

• Chattyzee January 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM

wow! Very interesting read .. Wish him the best!

girlsonthemission.com

• linabella January 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I so respect him for doing his nysc. He is nigerian, it has nothing to do with color. Nationality has no color. Am glad that he is flying his flaag high and proud, and i hope to return home and do the same, but i also think that the government should start with elementary schools to teach multiculturalism, and not just during nysc or uni.

• Anonyous January 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Dont worry what the government should, just come and contribute you quota

• Tosin January 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM

:) nice. attitude.

• BB January 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Music not bad o…nice ring to it

• Mama Put January 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Hahahahha! I love this guy! That video was legendary; the splits at the end was killer!

As for his NYSC experience, much respect to him! He’s truly a Nigerian and proud, can’t be mad at that! Given me a whole new perspective on NYSC and I wanna help my country, especially the education/job sector.

• dont mention January 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM

wow……beautiful read…..take away from this…..service. serve your country folks and make the best of it. ‘ask not what your country can do for u, rather ask what you can do for your country’….dont know the author but white nigerian just lived those words n he seems like a genuinely fun n nice person to be around……
      vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Drewon January 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

This is too funny! White Nigerian my foot, ok nothing against the young man though, just ticked off at the Nigerian mentality, first of all the guy looks more Mediterranean or middle eastern. Besides Nigerian tabloids should be ashamed of pedaling such rubbish as news, in a country which was a former colonial state and with so many educated and well travelled Nigerians with inter racial family ties, this just sounds a bit too bush as if we have never seen a different race before. My goodness this so 1800s in the year 2013.Wow!

• Ides of March January 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

“White Nigerian” is his stage name that’s why bellanaija put it in quote

• poshilla! January 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

HMMMMMMM! LET US INVESTIGATE DIS SO CALLED WHITE NIGERIAN OOO! D FEAR OF ALQUEADA HEEHEHEHEEH! TO TINK DAT OTHER CORPERS WHER EVN SNAPIN WIT HIM SEF!

• O.T. DuBois January 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I hope you’re joking oh. Because that right there is racist

• Tiki January 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

What an ignorant idiot. To think that someone gave you access to internet! Because this kind of ignorance has to show on one’s face…

• simi January 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Nice!!!!! We need people like this man!!!!!! We Nigerians have so many things to be proud of, I truly believe that the good out-way the bad!! I am proud to be Nigerian!!!! God bless our country!!

• Olufunmi January 28, 2013 at 6:14 PM

good for u oh LOL
      YCFOnline.com

• Berry Dakara January 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

LOVE THIS POST!

Posting link to my blog NOW!!!!

berrydakara.blogspot.com
      ajebutternysc.blogspot.com

• Yea January 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM

He does not look like a “white man” far from it. He looks arabian. And it’s not surpri therre are several people from different nationalities that make it in Nigeria and other countries dIfferent from their ancestry and becom citizEns of their new country and a result their children and so on. The music video was cute and corny.

• lala January 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM

• Leon January 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Watch out. He’s going to seek an elective office. He is ticking. All required boxes.

• It's me January 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

You spoke my mind!

• opuingo January 28, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Lol

• jtyzmotivator January 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Here is an individual who is proud of his root, not because he is different and should be noticed, but truly identifying who he truly is and deal with it. Nigerians who have no reason to give too much description to prove they are Nigerians will prefer not to be identified as such. They deny Nigeria anyway they can especially those abroad. Even the ones at home wish to leave desperately. It pays no one, especially the country, when everyone keeps running away and denying. We will keep staying faraway from development and positive drastic change as we keep-away…

• goldfinch January 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I really <3 this guy.

• sarafina January 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I bet he was given a preferential treatment. *long hiss…………..aint nobody got time for it! *walks away

• specs January 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM

haterraziiii…..lols

• e-bukun January 29, 2013 at 5:41 AM

hahahahhahah….#aintnobodygottimeforthat

• Fokasibe January 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Hahahahahaha. I remember this guy from AY’s show…..well done bro! nice one!

• Ogunyemi Oluwakemi Ajoke January 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM

All mohammed said Ɯa̶̲̥̅̊š jst †ђξ truth º°˚ we served together @ Nasarawa Dan magaji camp @ keffi! Dis Oyinbo boi. As we always tag him Ɯa̶̲̥̅̊š U̶̲̥̅̊p & doing i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 3weeks camp, he participated i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ virtually all †ђξ programmes he’s a real person ℓ̊ like his courage……. A corp memeber with Ns/ 12c/ 09xx

• LB January 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Throw your phone away..!!

• Ginika January 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM

kwakwakwa…lol…@throw your phone away.

• Myne Whitman January 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I share his opinions of the NYSC, but it still needs reform and upgrade sha. Great pics, love the last line. Well done, and enjoy the rest of your service year.

• i no send January 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM

cool

• liily January 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM

WOW!!! This is nice.

• ms sexy January 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

thats d spirit bro
      u cant imagine d #s of whites claiming Ghanians, y shd Nig be different
      u r welcome home Omobowale Ajasa
      lets spread out n d spirit of love!

• kpolongo January 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Um, okay!

• ebrufles January 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM

nice to someone proud of their country. :)

• If you are a wedding enthusiast please visit my wedding blog at www.cakesbymizvuitton.blogspot.com January 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Awwwww! Very inspiring. Would have loved to know a little about his background tho

• Iyke January 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

It’s like saying People from Tunisia/Libya are whites.
      How is Mohammed WHITE? He is ARAB!
      All of dem full here for Jos and kano.lol. They are all third generation Lebanese milking us dry.lol.
      Anyways,na lovely dude, correct bobo.

• lala January 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Its his stage name now… ah ah

• ifemi January 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

actually, according to the U.S and I believe the U.K government, people from North Africa are “White”

• chic January 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Cool stuff watched him on YT funny guy. Plenty of his kind in Kenya, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia infact the entire East and Southern African regions has native white, arab and indian citizens going back upto three generations more for the arabs and the fourth are currently being born

• Anon January 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

“White Nigerian” ha ha! Arab, middle eastern or whatever. We have had them in Nigeria like forever.

• 'Sola January 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Mr. Mohammed, you are not white, please!

• Omozino January 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I am Omozino Eguh a Nigerian and I’m proud to serve my country. Can’t agree more with you Jamal I miss camp from time to time minus the stress sha LOL

• zoomzoomzoom January 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

‘Youths obey the clarion call, let us lift our nation high..’ Nice interview.I also had a great time serving in the northern part of Nigeria but that was in the Pre-Boko Haram era. Wishing Mohammed Jammal great success in all his future endeavor.

• TrueTalkCritique January 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

This is such a stupid story with a very thoughtless title. Who ever came up with the heading obviously sees his/herself as a 2nd class citizen. What makes this dude different from everyone else that he served with at the camp? A Nigerian is a Nigerian, Whether White or Black! The sooner you lot at BN get this the better….illiteracy and complex is obviously still a major issue. Wondering….If i grew up in Greece and served the country like every other greek citizen, will i get an headline piece stating ” Black Greek…blah blah blah!

• lala January 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Its his stage name now… ah ah

Take a chill pill. Most Nigerians will come him ‘White’ or oyibo so he’s just playing with it. Of course we all know he’s no European

• Realist January 29, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Well i am not most nigerian so i cn’t call him caucasian cz he’s not one. He skin color looks more arabian infact kanuri like mariam abacha, so wats d biggie? BN pls post more educating stories rather than crap

• worried January 29, 2013 at 5:41 AM

you WILL get a Black Greek headline… duh! Just cuz its unusual.

Obama afterall is the first black president of America.

• Zee January 31, 2013 at 3:38 AM

@Realist, people from Northern Africa and the Middle East are Caucasian too, so yes, you can call him Caucasian. Not all Caucasians are white!

• say the truth January 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Cool story bro

• samklef noni January 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM

niceeeee, white aboki

• bussie January 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Really interesting stuff! nice one jare! :)

• Quety January 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Interesting! Lol @ ” who borrowed my thing”. I guess they didn’t have hardened criminals in their hostel.

• adaeze January 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM

This is a typical case of ” getti getti no wanti wanti and wanti wanti no getti getti” permit the phrase, but im sure most people would understand what i mean. Youths in Nigeria dont appreciate NYSC but a “white Nigerian” , sees it as fun and a great service to humanity. i guess this is a good motivation for those of us currently serving and the ones coming behind us. Lets appreciate what we have and make the most of our compulsory one year service. Mine will be over in June and im glad im serving despite the new policy.

• ikunkun January 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Awww, nice write up. He seems like a genuine person sha. I assume the quotes around the word white(in reference to his race) is because he is not caucasian……He looks Persian to me, and Persians have no particular race “allocated” to them…..at least thats what my iranian friend says, homegirl says she’s white cos she can’t call herself anything else…am like “okay….” who cares anyways…lol.

• Baba T aka T Baba January 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Are these pics photoshopped?

• whats January 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Lol he knows hes not white…..but Nigerians call him ‘white’ or ‘oyinbo’ hence the reference….didnt see the point but good on him for doing all the normal Nigerian protocols…I can remember when i was in a Federal School we had indians though some were Mixed with a Nigerian dad/mum so…its good.. but yh not really newsworthy…

• damitayo January 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM

bn ….. you post this but wont post other naija artists who are really good …SMH

• Lexi B January 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM

@TrueTalkCritique I couldn’t agree with you more! As a woman who was born in Dublin to irish parents I refuse to focus on my colour to justify my presence anywhere. My 3 little kids are Nigerian and like any mother around the world I will identify with my kids before anything else so I am Nigerian and proud to be BUT my white skin does not make me perfect it just means I have to play the game here in Nigeria a little differently. I respect what the “White Nigerian” did I would find it hard to criticise him and I wonder why others posting have to be so negative? I believe in lifting people up not tearing them down! Congrats to him and all that successfully completed NYSC in 2012.
      But pls we need to stop calling people Oyinbo or Whitey unless we wanna say being called blackie r N*gg* is ok!
      Ps. I will be the first Oyinbo in the Senate! Not someone that calls himself the “White Nigerian” LOL!

• newbie January 29, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Madam Lexi, if we don’t call oyibo people ‘oyibo’, what do you want us to call them? It’s our language naa! shuo?

• annabanana January 29, 2013 at 1:26 AM

um hello? is oyinbo derogatory? upon all this your claiming naija, you can’t do small history lesson?

• FYI January 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM

FYI, oyibo is derogatory. It has something to do with pink pigs and the way colonialists turned bright pink/red in our heat or so. Not too different from black monkey. From a black monkey. Google is your friend:)

• Winny January 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Ignorance is definitely a disease in Nigeria. My people perish due to lack of knowledge. BN , this is news because???

• BlackMagic fantancy January 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Jeeez,I got a real white dude who did his NYSC during my set of 2011,who give a -? Aint no one got time for that

• Cool cat January 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

This is why there are so many illiterates in this country. Simple critical reasoning, if you were asked what this story is about, your answer will be whether he is white/Arab/Lebanese? I guess it’s people who have no chance of ever being NYSC members that will hate. Sorry you hear, when your mates were going to school, you were playing tente and koso. Lmao

• zebrudaya January 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM

pls nigerian at home should stop disgracing we nigeria in europe how can u people call an arab man oyibo? he come dey denge dey pose this man is in the same category morrcan with people some igbo guys even yellow pass him

• mina January 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM

i have a feeling that he would run for office and win, perhaps your next president, he is neither igbo, nor yoruba, no hausa. He is Nigerian -Lebanese. In all he is 100% qualified to run for office, why did you think he did his youth service. bros Mohammed i want be your campaign manager. :)

• Ada January 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM

lol, go ‘head White Nigerian!

adainprogress.blogspot.com

• NNENNE January 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Welcome home! You need to live abroad to appreciate Nigeria.
      As long as you are a good citizen, your race dose not matter.
      My opinion!

• Mz Socially Awkward... January 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM

“As long as you are a good citizen, your race dose not matter”… but your ethinic group and the size of cash in your pocket does, depending on what situation you’re faced with. Yep, we all appreciate Nigeria, whether we’re home or abroad…

• Yuwa P January 29, 2013 at 2:53 AM

My dude aint White.. lmao. Lebanese mixed with Mexican and prolly Italian. Well, i guess he can be only White in Nigeria, and no where else.. smh

• zzzzz January 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Whether he is Arab or whatever he is a foreigner who is a naturalize Nigerian. So much Hate. How many of us agree to serve where we are posted. Thumbs up man.

• Bimby January 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Mohammed Jamal is very right. Life is about what you make out of it. I contributed my quota too during my own time, 2006 Batch A in Coal city. I was a popular corper in my time. And I was one of the recipients of the Enugu State’s Award. NYSC comes wit its advantages and disadvantages just like every of life’s undertakings. @zzzzz: I agree with you.

• Lexi B January 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM

@Newbie 1.08am there are plenty English words that can be used to describe black people and I am sure you agree just because they are English does not mean it is politically correct to use them! If you are happy to be only defined by your colour in Europe then congrats but if someone uses this method to address my kids I would be offended. @annabanana I believe you might need to do some research yourself! The word Oyibo is actually a derogatory word. When white people were first conversing with Igbo people, Igbo’s called the white people “onye ocha” cause they did not know where the white people were coming from but the white people found it difficult to pronounce the Igbo title ” onyi igbo’ they mispronounced it “Oyi ibo’ so the Igbo people used to mock the white people by calling them Oyibo. It wasn’t a term of endearment it was used to tease the white man. So to continue to use this term is not appropriate and we should move past this the same way Americans had to move past calling every black person a N****. Regardless my colour is irrelevant to my nationality and I am simply Nigerian.

• pynk January 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

For all those arguing about whether he is white or not. There is a general consensus whereby all foreigners or even mixed race pple that are discernable are refferred to as Oyibo. Asians are referred to as oyibos, so are Indians. The guy isnt far off calling himself Nigerian Oyibo, so folks should take a seat.
      I know what he means by standing out in camp, i am mixed and i stood out like a sore thumb. When i went missing, it was a big challenge. lol.

As for him calling himself Nigerian, he has a right to. Afterall he is one. He has his citizenship like everyone else. It would be like folks trashing out and calling themselves American but their names are peppered with Olu, Ade etc. How is that different?

• Teris January 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM

actually, no. arab-ish types and asians are not considered oyinbo i have ben extensively informed. however, i hear Colin Firth was born in Naija in case anybody is looking to claim an oyinbo of relative fame ;-D

• Adaku January 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Mohammed, you are a go getter and one of the most hard working people I know. You make the most of every opportunity.
      Keep it up and keep doing your thing.

• Stella Kashmioney January 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Lol.. Ok this is quite interesting.

• Nelo January 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM

aaaaaaawww. bless him…..i wish him success. for our naija people both home and abroad who feel to posh to serve, well there you have it…Obey the clarion call

• Chop - Chop January 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM

White Nigerian! Keep it up. u make me rememba d gud old days in camp.afterall, sum pple deemed it fit nt 2 cum home again.Chop up……………………..

• TruthTeller January 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hate and bitterness……common among Nigerians. He’s NOT trying to intimidate anyone, I don’t know why some of you do feel that way, only low lives would. someone has come up with his story and as usual those that can NEVER see anything good in anyone start condemning. shame! all the best to you “white Nigerian”.

• Lala Ed April 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM

He’s not white. Don’t be an idiot. The guy is Arab and Brown. I’m not Nigerian, I’m Black American and just as light skinned as this guy but I AM BLACK AMERICAN. It’s not hateful to call out the truth. Remain in your ignorance but don’t expect us all to join you.

• Naija Realist January 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

White Nigerian?!! First, his color should be irrelevant. But if you are going to use color (perhaps it is being used merely descriptively), then please use the correct color: BROWN Nigerian!

• Amy January 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Loved d write-up. Mkin me 2 luk 4wad 2 camp. Amazing how so many piple missed d salient points of dis and bicker abt his “whiteness” instead.. 4 me,i hav hrd enuf bad news abt camp 4rm d “black nigerians” and its amazing hw sum1 who had a choice nt 2 serve enjoyd d whole time…
      Had black africans in secondary,who wudnt let us rest because de re “foreigners”…weda or nt he is rily white,dznt mata 2 me…his sincerity n love 4 a country( whose citizens re nt proud of it) is quite wonderful.

• Lala Ed April 29, 2013 at 4:11 PM

What a load of bull. This guy is Arab and NOT WHITE. What is wrong with you Africans that everyone that looks light is white to you? Don’t be so fooled. I thought Nigerians were better educated than this. This dude is Brown skinned NOT WHITE.

• mena June 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM

”SNOOP DOGG” na name too o, that dosnt mean he’s a dog. Its just a stage name. White Nigerian is just a stage name too.

• Scrap July 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM

wetin be nysc gbagbe jorrrrrrrrrr
      wetin be nysc gbagbe jorrrrrrrrrr
      wetin be nysc gbagbe jorrrrrrrrrr
      wetin be nysc gbagbe jorrrrrrrrrr

• Reality August 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Sounds like he is more patriotic than many other Nigerians regardless of ancestry. He is Nigerian, born and bred! Instead some morons are busy asking the Williams sisters if they are Naija’s to which they promptly said NO!