Events

Nollywood Stars & Promising New Talent at the “A Mile From Home” Movie Screening Event in Lagos | Watch the Trailer

A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (7)

On Sunday 30th June 2013 at the Silverbird Galleria, Victoria Island, Lagos, the black carpet was rolled out and the stars of the action film “A Mile From Home” took a bow as their movie was screened for the first time. The evening out was packed with the cast, guests, Nollywood celebrities like Emeka Ike, business executives and industry persons.

Directed by Eric Aghimien and starring Eric Nwanso, Cheidozie Nzeribe, Tope Tedela, Alex Aqalogu and Tolu Akinbileje, the movie addresses the issues of vengeance and reprisal violence while enlightening the audience on forgiveness and the key to true happiness. It was sponsored by Toptea and Sensodyne and produced by Hills Pictures. View photos from the event.A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (16) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (13) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (12) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (10) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (4) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (1) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (8) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (11) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (14) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (15) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (17) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (9) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (5) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (6) A Mile From Home Movie Premier - BellaNaija - July2013 (2)

Watch the Trailer

For further enquiries visit www.amilefromhome.info and www.facebook.com/amilefromhome.
Sponsored Content

1. Davon

July 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Everybody on that list looks unknown (sans Chika and emeka ike, btw are they related?)… was this a college project?

• Dlapikin

July 4, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I wondered too.. I thought it said “Nollywood stars”..

2. Mma

July 4, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Nice.

africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk

3. jinkelele

July 5, 2013 at 12:33 am

i wish there was a link of trailer, would have helped

4. chichi

July 5, 2013 at 4:59 am

i remember emeka ike’s statement years ago an interview saying “I decided to marry a light skin lady”. I was thinking wtf, so now thats bragging rights

so this is her huh?

5. kemi

July 5, 2013 at 8:07 am

See how uneducated you sound, hence why the public can’t help the Nollywood industry grow, read the headline “promising new talents”. Don’t you get tired of the recycled ones we ve st the moment? For example, Mona Lisa playing a 25 year old and she does not even look the part. She doesn’t ve time to drop the weight to fit a character who us meant to be “slim, trendy and young”. Instead the change it to suit her, but they don’t change d male actor alongside her because they r few n recycled. They don’t want to pay new talents. If I see Joseph Benjamin, Mona Lisa, in edo, uche jumbo I don’t even bother. Anyways I hope those with sense on her get wot i am saying

• Eve

July 5, 2013 at 11:09 am

Thumbs up dearie!!! We have to make room for new and upcoming talents. The headline also clearly stated that these were upcoming actors.

6. Babious

July 5, 2013 at 2:15 pm

they all look odd. i aint watching this.

7. iyke

July 7, 2013 at 12:43 am

If u watch this movie and u don’t get value for your money,don’t watch any naija movie again. The movie is simply on point!

8. iyke

July 7, 2013 at 12:49 am

The movie is fantastic, great effects and nice movie to watch, 2nd naija I enjoyed after hostages

9. iyke

July 7, 2013 at 12:49 am

The movie is fantastic, great effects and nice movie to watch, 2nd naija movie I enjoyed after hostages

10. iyke

July 7, 2013 at 1:09 am

The movie wowed me, second naija movie that wowed me after hostages.good effects and interpretation of character and continuity. Proudly naija!

11. iyke

July 7, 2013 at 1:10 am

The movie wowed me, second naija movie that wowed me after hostages. good effects, interpretation of character and continuity. Proudly naija!

12. MCDEVINS

July 13, 2013 at 5:01 pm

But naija na waoh……so you people can direct , act and trail such a movie and you have not been doing it…its so awesome to see reality come to play…THIS IS A WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE I NEED THE FULL VIDEO CLIP. FIRST OF ITS KIND

13. Nurain

May 22, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I was never a big fan of Nigerian movies, but I saw this on African Magic this evening and was wowed. Character-based stories isn’t something we see often. If more of this is produced, I just might be a bigger fan!