A huge congratulations to Nigerian designers – Adebayo Oke-Lawal of menswear label Orange Culture and Olajumoke Ademilua of contemporary womenswear label O‘Milua!
They have been selected among the 11 finalists for the “Scouting for Africa“; and event organized by Vogue Talents in collaboration with the International Business Consortium Nigeria Limited (the owners of the Ecowas Fashion Week and Africa International Fashion Week in Partnership with Studio 24 and sponsored by Access Bank Plc Nigera).
The “Scouting for Africa” project is dedicated to emerging fashion designers based in Africa or of African nationality and involved hundreds of applicants among which the Vogue Talents staff selected the most promising profiles.
What will they get? The winner will get the chance to showcase his/her creations in September at the Palazzo Morando and in December at the Africa International fashion Week to be held in December 2015 in Nigeria.
Check out the list of African designers who will be competing;
– AAks by Akosua Afriyie-Kumi – Ghana
– ART/C by Artsi Ifrach – Morocco
– Laurenceairline by Laurence Chauvin-Buthaud – Ivory Coast
– Loza Maléombho by Loza Maléombho – Ivory Coast
– Maxhosa by Laduma by Laduma Ngxokolo – South Africa
– Mafrika by Sadia Mustafa – Malawi
– Monaa by Nana and Afua Dabanka – Ghana
– O‘Milua by Olajumoke Ademilua – Nigeria
– Orange Culture by Adebayo Oke-Lawal – Nigeria
– Pichulik by Katherine-Mary Pichulik – South Africa
– Simon and Mary by Dean Pozniak – South Africa
To find out more about the Vogue Talents “Scouting for Africa”, visit www.vogue.it/en