Style

First Photos: Dakore Akande, Mai Atafo, Ene Maya, Fade Ogunro & More at the Fun Genevieve Magazine Website Launch Party

BellaNaija.com

Olu & Dakore Akande

Olu & Dakore Akande

Genevieve magazine is currently having a launch party for their new website design and it looks like a whole lot of fun with several fashionistas and celebrities present at the event.

Holding at the Polo Avenue, guests like Dakore Akande, Tonye, Mercy Ajisafe, Denola Grey, Mai Atafo, Leslie Okoye, Ene Maya, Bola Balogun, Mariam Adeyemi, Liz Awoliyi, Makida Moka, Ayodeji Rotinwa, Zina Anumudu, Deola Adebiyi, Jennifer Obayuwana, Ono Bello, Bridget Awosika, Fade Ogunro, Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi, Ariyike Akinbobola, Ezinne Chinkata, Latasha Ngwube and more at enjoying cocktails and canapés.

Check out all the fun first photos from the event

Mercy Ajisafe

Isoken Ogiemwonyi, Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi

Isoken Ogiemwonyi, Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi

Shade Onakoya & Liz Awoliyi

Shade Onakoya & Liz Awoliyi

Mai Atafo, Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi, Betty Irabor & Bola Balogun

Mai Atafo, Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi, Betty Irabor & Bola Balogun

Mercy Ajisafe, Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi, Betty Irabor, Jennifer Obayuwana, Liz Awoliyi & Bola Balogun

Photo Credit: Instagram – @genevievemagazine | @stylevitae | @jessicaulo | @abbeykedomina1 | @mariamadeyemi | @lizawoliyi | @mercyajisafe | @denolagrey | @onobello | @genevievemagstyle | @miss_sao | @noble_igwe

1. ruth

February 26, 2015 at 8:20 pm

lovely event, almost everyone looks great except for jennifer obayuwana, , not even sure whats she’s wearing, probably ankara design, the gown is gorgeous but it looks a bit too much for this somewhat casual launch,the gown would look great at a fashion show though..

• Emy

February 26, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Fashion Police! Who u help Abeg?

• mrs chidukane

February 26, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Lol @ruth saying Jennifer Obayuwana is probably wearing ankara design

• eniayewu

February 26, 2015 at 11:35 pm

it just shows that they mostly stock older seasons designs…that dress she wore, i rocked it 2012…

• Ivy

February 27, 2015 at 11:09 am

and so? She cannot re-wear a dress again cuz she’s d ED of Polo Avenue? Na wa o!

• Honey

February 27, 2015 at 12:45 am

Is it me or does anyone else find lanre dasilva ajayi’s style boring???

• Tebbie

February 27, 2015 at 6:58 am

She’s wearing Dolce and Gabbana

2. http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

February 26, 2015 at 8:25 pm

A party for the launch of a website… oh my word! I would have loved to see the statistics of this site and how many people in this mix will really visit this site. Ah well… Do i say congrats on launching a new site? #confused

3. *Real* Nice Anon

February 26, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Dakore and her husband= Future how one would like to look after two kids and a good looking decently dressed husband goals.

4. Aweriawhen

February 26, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Jennifer looked ok abeg. She is quite short though.

5. PD Young Billionaire

February 26, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Dakore effortlessly looks pretty n classy.

6. amh

February 26, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Beautiful crowd.lovely.yoruba boys and sophistication. Hmm olu Akande. I see you. Too much finesse. I doubt its ankara the polo babe wore.i presume she wears mostly high end fashion house. Its just illfitting. Wont be surprised if its prada or dolce and gabanna she has on
    . Lovely crowd.

7. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

February 26, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Betty Irabor is so classy! Jennifer Obayuwana bet why? Money dey miss road sometimes sha.

8. bukky

February 26, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Shade Onakoya is gorgeous human being…wow!. Jenny Obayunwa…sigh! I just wish she’d get it right. So happy that my fellow QCOG, Tonye is gaining traction in the music industry

9. esta

February 26, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Jen Obayuwana is beautiful but her dressing and hair always make her look older than she actually is…not feeling Osas’ look

10. zillion

February 26, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Osas ighodaro.
    Please do not let polo avenue turn you into dressing like this. You have a chance to at least make the luxurious clothes more presentable and classy.

11. @edDREAMZ

February 26, 2015 at 9:55 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Lots of beautifull ladies up in this place no doubt….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

12. Uuu

February 26, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Osas ….too much going on
    Jennifer…..epic fail head to toe
    Funmi….hmmmm that smile
    Ene…..sleep darling your body and mind needs it
    Betty…..not your usual stylish self
    Mercy and Jessica …your legs are not your best body parts
    Olu….got it better with his shoes while his wife hmmm failed
    Mai and Denola…. Two peas in a pod hehehehe
    Lanre and her sister …wear the most horrid shoes
    Leslie…… Really????
    Ezinne…..strong looking!!!
    Noble…..give up the struggle to be ” in”
    Ono…..too early to get work done on your face
    Ariyike……I give up
    Zina……too sweet a soul to comment on
    Tonye…..pretty

13. Dee

February 26, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Lanre da silva makes some fabulous dresses. So why does she always wear the ones that make her look like she’s 68years old?

14. Linda

February 26, 2015 at 11:13 pm

@xplorenollywood I was there tonight and took the time to ask because I ff Genvieve online. They relaunched the site about 2 weeks ago and have had half a million page views in that time ! Now you know!!

February 27, 2015 at 4:28 pm

You can visit this link dear, alexa.com/siteinfo/www.genevieveng.com, the stats dont lie.

15. pero

February 26, 2015 at 11:33 pm

waste! shame! irrelevant! need i say more…useless

16. Fabulool

February 27, 2015 at 12:09 am

Jennifer is wearing Dolce and Gabbana dress

17. Shola

February 27, 2015 at 12:16 am

Lagos is very boring ….most of these faces are actually looking for an event of a popular person they can show face to make it look like they are still relevant ….Lagos is actually too fake….many of them are debtors there, there is one owing me money there, that haven’t still paid me..I know if I mention name..Bella naija might not post my comment ..so I won’t mention….so please if you are there , and you know u bought something on credit, and I have been dragging u since December , please kindly call me and pay me….lets all keep faking it …till we make it….congrats to genevieve magazine….

18. Michelle

February 27, 2015 at 5:37 am

Has anyone used or know about zullix herbal cleanser for weight loss by perfect herbals?

19. concerned

February 27, 2015 at 8:44 am

Its really weird but I just realized how pretty Mercy Ajisafe is. Something about her face in this pic. Ono Bello broke my heart because I usually look to her to give me good fashion. Ene Maya…something is just off about her,I can’t put a finger on it. Betty Irabor is a woman of such class and taste. Jennifer and Ariyike (sigh)…I leave you in the able hands of the almighty God.

• Nia

February 28, 2015 at 2:17 am

Welcome Mercy

20. Pinky

February 27, 2015 at 9:03 am

Ermmmm… Is it just me, or is Mercy Ajisafe an absolutely stunning woman? Honestly, I’m confused, I’m actually gonna go and find her ig, because I have never ever noticed how beautiful she is. Osas boo, I love you… But no, just no! Zina you have such a beautiful smile

• Nia

February 28, 2015 at 2:16 am

Hello mercy Nndo self praise is good well done

21. ese

February 27, 2015 at 10:02 am

this Jennifer babe short sha

22. HelenEventsBlog

February 27, 2015 at 10:38 am

Wow! Didn’t Know Jennifer is this short oo!… I’m so in love with Dakore and her hubby.. Am surprised Toke Makinwa didn’t attend this event to mark register as usual.

23. myveryownself

February 27, 2015 at 10:55 am

Its strange Toke is not here.

24. Andilzo

February 27, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Ezinne – I see you! The fierce look got me. See an African brother admiring an African sister now. Before you know, some people will say African brothers suffer from some what not. I am in Mars.

25. Nell

February 27, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Zina Anumudu is so understated and seems so self assured she has blossomed into a pleasant looking young lady..to think that I knew her as a baby…

26. Imani

February 27, 2015 at 9:51 pm

First of all, introduction. Dakore and Lou giving me life. This couple sha. kai. Noble Igwe, i like your dress sense. You know how to swag it up and class it up. Osas, Nooooo! I think Mercy Ajisafe is very pretty. I love Abyke Domina’s shirt dress. My new year resolution is to reduce my usage of unkind words, and negativity. Who else? Lovely crowd i must say.

27. Nia

February 27, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Jennifer is very portable and petite trying not to be abusive for once as she is a very lovely lady. beautiful people

28. Anonymous

February 27, 2015 at 11:12 pm

irrespective of the label anyone chooses to wear,human beings are meant to make clothes look good. Not the other way round.

29. serendipity

March 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Dakore and Hubby Adorable!