Promotions

Toke Makinwa Luxury unveils “Omotoke Bag”| It comes in Fiery Red, Gold Mine & Money Green

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! Introducing the Limited Edition “Omotoke Bag” by Toke Makinwa Luxury (@tokemakinwa’s Eponymous Label), just in time for the festive season! The Omotoke Bag comes in three variants; the “Fiery Red”, “Gold Mine” and “Money Green”.

Each bag is delicately handcrafted and available on a Pre-Order basis only (average 2-4 weeks wait time) For Pre-Order, kindly email [email protected] / DM @tokemakinwaluxury.

Design: @estanola

Photography: @adebayophotographer

Artistic Direction: @thestyleinfidel

Location: @thetearoomlagos.
—————————————————————————————————————————————–
Sponsored Content

1. Maxine Oguchi

December 10, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Toke, if you’re reading this:
    Lovely bags, great concept. However your brand is not “kosher” enough that Nigerian women would consider your initials as a style statement. As is, the bags are nice enough to market outside the Nigerian Market.
    Alternatively, you could have style influencers like Rita etc get their own initialized bags.
    Either way much respect to your hustle.

• Abi

December 10, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Great idea. I personally wouldn’t rock this bag even though I think it’s nice. But a personalised one., I’d definitely carry.

2. stacy_kema

December 10, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Verrry beautiful and neatly crafted bags. I wish i could afford one

3. Lara

December 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Exactly! Even Kim K can’t pull this one off in the States talk less of this working in this part of the world.

4. YLTT

December 10, 2018 at 5:53 pm

I agree Maxine! The bags arent bad but would I but a TM initialled bag, well no, had it just been the bag w/o the big initial, I would, & the bags would have probably been a hit too! much respek to her hustle yes!!

5. Tolski

December 10, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Honestly these bags will sell elsewhere. We are not ready.

6. Yumz

December 11, 2018 at 4:15 am

Lol I’m actually surprised at these comments. Tbh I’m not the biggest Toke fan but I really like the bags and I’m not even a bag person like that. I don’t think her initials are obvious on the bag and I honestly wouldn’t mind buying it irrespective because I think it’s pretty. Soon enough, you’ll see ladies at Lagos events carrying a version of the bag. Just wait and give it time.

• Zee

December 11, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Abi oh

7. Ela

December 11, 2018 at 1:57 pm

The Nigerian market is somewhat snobbish 🙂 Don’t know any celeb who will rock a bag inscribed with Genevieve Nnaji’s initials publicly (even if they love it). A collection designed by her though, subtle detailing could go some way. And you either have to woo a lot of celebs (Kunle Afolayan’s Ire line) or make it so affordable the lower, middle class would rush it (this technique is used majorly abroad).

Still, well done and best wishes.