Scoop

EXCLUSIVE: #BabyGirlForLife! Toke Makinwa launches Luxury Bag Line

Media personality & bestselling author Toke Makinwa, who is celebrating her birthday today, has officially announced the launch of her signature leather goods line.

Following the success of her memoir, the author is testing new waters with her foray into the luxury goods space.

Right off Toke’s high fashion brand Toke Makinwa Luxury is the ‘Baby Girl For Life collection. The collection’s signature piece is the TM Tote, designed by Estanola Oyelese.

Each bag is handmade from genuine crocodile hide by Muji Lagos. The TM Tote will be available in Black and Gold with more colours to be released early 2018.

See photos:

1. Ukpabi Ijeoma Sunday

November 3, 2017 at 5:43 pm

I so much Love U Tokes, One more time Happy Birthday n Longlife n Prosperity IJN. I cant wait 2 C U someday.

2. Cutieylicious

November 3, 2017 at 5:49 pm

TM is very enterprising! Something I love about her?

3. Billionaire in grace

November 3, 2017 at 5:53 pm

I would like to own one of these bags.how much are they going for?

4. olanna+odenigbo

November 3, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Congrats on the lunch @Tokstarr…you are indeed living up to your stardom…wish you continued flight with everything….really do

On a personal note, this is not a tote bag, and be honest, if you didn’t design this, would you buy it as a luxury item??? You should have just let Muji design it…they already do cool stuff, even though not innovative either, but still cool…. just my personal observations., we should be careful with labels we slap on things…. With that said you’re in luck to be an influencer in Lagos..
    Clink!

• olanna+odenigbo

November 3, 2017 at 6:02 pm

*launch

• Ij

November 3, 2017 at 6:41 pm

See you correcting someone on what tote is and what tote isn’t. May I then take a moment to correct you between ‘lunch’ and ‘launch’?

• Olayinka

November 3, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Won ti de awon aiye. Can’t acknowledge someone else’s hard work. Just to be negative. Hateful lil creature you are

5. FasholasLover

November 3, 2017 at 6:03 pm

The bag looks good. Go girl. I love her get up and go attitude.

• FasholasLover

November 3, 2017 at 6:07 pm

I wish the TM logo were not so bold. I would buy if the logo were the same colour/material as the rest of the bag.

6. Ms A

November 3, 2017 at 6:05 pm

I love how she doesn’t give a f about her haters. I have seen some ladies that roll in her circle shade her on Snapchat so many times. It is sad
    I don’t want to call names here.

• Ese V

November 3, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Please do. I can think of two “luxury ladies” that seem to know all about fine jewellery and bags that shade her frequently on Snapchat.

Meanwhile, i think Toke should be a case study on being thick-skinned! Whattt???? No matter what the haters put out there, she unapologetically lives her best life.

7. Saint Tracy

November 3, 2017 at 6:09 pm

This is so beautiful. Happy birthday

8. helena

November 3, 2017 at 6:16 pm

congrats toke on this venture. However, please review in subsequent productions how the TM logo is placed on the bag, I think this one is a little too much on the eye.

9. stanley

November 3, 2017 at 6:26 pm

wawoo virtuous woman….congrate.

10. M

November 3, 2017 at 6:28 pm

It’s not too much. It’s actually what gives the bag character. And this is from a conservative with A simple taste. If t was Gucci you won’t say too much. Love it

11. Moremi

November 3, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Well done Toke, You are truly the Queen of the Baby Girl for Life Club! You are making hay while the sun shines! It will be nice to see how baby girls Nnenna Okoye & Arese Ugwu style this bag! Some of us will be right behind them!

• ms A

November 3, 2017 at 7:54 pm

I just love how those ladies support Toke. True definition of friendship. #positivity #girlpower
      Unlike some married ones that will be judging on her new success. I honestly don’t want to mention names.

12. Moremi

November 3, 2017 at 7:16 pm

This is obviously a sponsored post. Bella Naija is not posting all comments, well done!

13. Dee

November 3, 2017 at 7:36 pm

I honestly don’t love or hate Toke.
    She is a girl that believes in living life to the fullest.
    Isn’t that what we all strive for? To live our best life????!!!

She is a god example of building a castle with the sticks and stones that life/enemies throw at you….

As annoying and insecure as she may appear to be, we can really learn a thing or two from her story..
    She is the girl you love to hate but hate to love.
    I wish her all the best in life…..

14. hen

November 3, 2017 at 8:17 pm

ms A anon 7:54 i think i know who you are talking about.. LOL

• Lilo

November 4, 2017 at 11:10 am

Is it the seamstress. Her husband has put curfew on her with Toke

15. King Bae

November 3, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Can you people mention the names already… LOL
    Biko, fill us in.

• Lilo

November 4, 2017 at 11:08 am

The one that married her uncle in NJ?

• tutu

November 4, 2017 at 10:01 pm

lmao the moment they said ‘fine jewellery, you should have know nah, our aunty Van Cleef and Arpels.

• aj

November 5, 2017 at 12:25 am

lmaooooooo you guys are evil!!!! Its funny I now who you are talking about…I need to get a life for real!

16. tony

November 3, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Wow!! Beautiful!!

17. K g

November 3, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Super proud of NY lady TM God continue to bless you for us your lovely fans, when ever you coming to the Washington dc, Virginia area in the U. S I will be gladly to welcome u with any business ventures cos I’m working on mine, I’m a sierra leonean but love u with all my heart can’t wait to see u one day darling. my name on my ig page is kadie_ambitious_k HbD once again dark????

• Ijebujesha

November 4, 2017 at 12:46 am

Serria-Leone girl and other Africans here, I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in, don’t let Nigerians influence you o. Forget about all the packaging and glitz and glamor with long sermons of hardwork, grit and Godliness you see, most of those monies aren’t what they make them out to be o. Most of the lady entertainers date politicians who steal public money and make life a hell on earth for the majority of Nigerians. Most of the male ones also launder money for same politicians or go into some illegal, less than honourable ventures and simply use music or acting as smokescreen. At the start of this fall term, I was eavesdropping on a convo between two African-American ladies in the library. Obviously A was well travellled across Africa and B was interested in going there sometime. I heard A tell B that dont go to Nigeria if you want that actual African experience. That Nigerians were trying too hard to be Western. So my dear, please let the entire Africa keep Nigeria as the entertainer nation but no one should take Nigeria as a serious country. You probably live in the US or UK or Canada, you know how many other Africans (well, except Ghanaians these days) rush back home when they finish schooling here, you know how many Nigerians would rather take up the worst of jobs here than go back home.Does that seem to you like a serious country to be used as a model? Do the people who come out of such country seem like a people who should be used as models? Nigeria is God’s 1914 punishment to a people. Ghana started using Nigeria as a model and now Ghana is becoming a shadow of its former self. The entire World should keep watching Nigeria like the soap opera that it is, no reasonable person will use the ways of Nigerians to model their own ways.Keep getting comic laughs out of Nigeria but keep the rest of Africa sane, keep the rest of Africa Africa.

• Wrapsody

November 4, 2017 at 9:04 am

@ijebuijesha, are you alright? What is wrong with you??!!!

• Shandi

November 4, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Ijebu or whatever you call yourself, I don’t know the bs you’re saying or how it corresponds with this post. I am Cameroonian and I was born and raised in Canada because both my Parents were transferred here before I was born. The Africans you’re talking about, particularly the Nigerians who stay back and do rickety jobs have no ambition and have an inferiority complex. I know some Nigerians here that are jealous and envious of their friends in Nigeria cause they’re doing way better than them. When they Manage to go to Nigeria for summer or Christmas, they fund their trips with their credits cards and borrow money they’re never able to pay back. In a bid to impress people who could care less about their existence. Ghanaians, South Africans, Kenyans, and countries Nigeria is far better than, even my country Cameroon, when they’re done with school they go back home and get better jobs. I even have Congolese and Kenyan friends who’ve moved to Nigeria after grad and have been living there, are working there and are doing VERY well; some even have families now. Nigerians will rather work in candy stores or work in call centres in banks, or do frustrating jobs here or in the U.K., USA, etc, frustrated like anything you can think of, as opposed to getting better jobs back in their country, all cause of citizenship they end up getting. And the longer they stay the harder it is for them to return.
      I still don’t understand your post. I for one like Nigerians because of their hustling spirits, I have friends in Lagos, Warri and Abuja in Nigeria that’ll juggle their careers with ther businesses and they do it like it’s nothing. And we all know it can be hard: Don’t know how your post correlates with this post of this lady or the other comments; completely off-point and senseless.

• Shandi

November 4, 2017 at 1:21 pm

I meant all cause of citizenship they never end up getting*

18. gbeogomiyoolugbala

November 3, 2017 at 9:57 pm

issa Jesusbaby……

19. seriously

November 3, 2017 at 9:57 pm

At least she is going after her dream. I hope women will at least give her props for trying rather than hating or being negative. Men dont do that to each other. Constructive critisism would be appreciated instead. The bag is not bad, because she has to start from somewhere. The TM logo could perharps be located in the center rather than over the entire bag. Keep working on the logo and as time goes on you will get it right because fashion is always evolving. Congrats!!

20. hen

November 4, 2017 at 1:14 am

@ijebuijesha How unpatriotic of you!! Dissing your own country is unnecessary. Don”t do it again.

21. Gigii

November 4, 2017 at 1:48 am

@ijebuijesha, WHAT KIND OF FOOLISHNESS ARE YOU WRITING. WE ARE HERE TO ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER . PLEASE STOP DRINKING THAT MISERABLE PEOPLE JUICE. NKWASIASEM

22. Gigii

November 4, 2017 at 1:49 am

Whoever broke your heart from nigeria, please forgive them and yourself and move on