The Board of Trustees, Strategic Partners and Convening organisations are pleased to announce that the fifth edition of the Africa CEO Round-table & Conference on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (AR-CSR™) will hold on November 19-20, 2015 at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
This edition is particularly significant because it marks the fifth anniversary of the The AR-CSR which has become the biggest platform for discussing issues of Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, as well as the enhancement of a public-private synergy for the attainment of a credible business environment in Africa.
As previously announced, Prof. Mervyn King, former Justice, Supreme Court of South Africa, Chairman of the King Committee on Corporate Governance (responsible for the renowned King Codes I, II and III on Corporate Governance), and current Chairman, International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) has been confirmed as Keynote speaker for the 2015 Africa CEO Round-table & Conference on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (AR-CSR).
This year’s conference will discuss the theme: ‘From Corporate Governance to Sustainable Governance” and during the conference, speakers and participants alike will seek to discuss exhaustively and proffer solutions to issues such as: the role of corporate governance in relation to sustainability, relationship between the individual pillars of sustainable development and corporate governance, possible nexus between the economic, environmental performance, social performance and corporate governance within organisations, across supply chains and capital markets in Africa.
Other confirmed speakers aside Professor King are:
- Dr. Nat Ofo, Lecturer, College Of Law, Igbinedion University, Nigeria;
- Eric Hensel, Partner, Sustainable Square, Middle East & North Africa;
- Reana Rossouw, CEO, Next Generation Consultants South Africa;
- Prof. Shyaka Anastase, CEO, Rwanda Governance Board;
- Audrey Joe-Ezigbo, Director, Falcon Corporation, Nigeria;
- Monaem Ben Lellahom, Partner, Sustainable Square, India, Middle East & North Africa;
- H.E. Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, Former Governor, Ekiti State, Nigeria;
- Dwayne Baraka, CEO, Value CSR, United Kingdom;
- Douglas Kativu, Director, GRI Africa;
- Tsitsti Mutasa, Managing Consultant, ZIMLEF Corporate Governance Centre, Zimbabwe;
- ‘Tagbo Agbazue, Executive Chairman, Influence Africa
- Derrick Ohemeng-Mensah, Head, Legal Issues, GIMPA Centre for Impact Investing, Ghana
A statement by the conveners underscores the choice of Speaker and theme: “We have chosen Prof. King as our Keynote Speaker because he is the pre-eminent expert on the subject on the continent and beyond. We are confident that his participation will provide thought leadership, explore public concerns and practical issues deeply on Corporate Governance challenges and best practices.”
- Chantal Uwimana, Regional Director – Africa & Middle East, Transparency International;
- Ibrahim Dikko, Vice President, Regulatory & Corporate Affairs, Etisalat Nigeria;
- Ambassador Joe Keshi, Director General, BRACED Commission, Nigeria;
- Dr. Rachel Ntongho, Lecturer, University of Bolton, UK;
- Dr. Kenneth Amaeshi, Director, Sustainable Business Initiative, Edinburgh Business School, UK;
- Bisi Adeyemi, Managing Director, DCSL Corporate Services, Nigeria
- Dr. Ashraf Gamal El Din, CEO, Hawkamah Institute for Corporate Governance
In addition to the conference sessions, an exclusive closed-door session for chief executives of leading institutions is being planned. The AR-CSR 2015 will feature other activities such as: Sustainability Master Class, Gala Dinner, Exhibition and Sustainable Solutions Showcase Challenge – a competition for SMEs in the sustainability industry.
Hosted by the Lagos State Government, Shell Nigeria has joined the growing list of sponsors for this foremost continent-wide discourse. Others include: Diamond Bank, Heritage Bank, Nigeria LNG Limited, Falcon Corporation and Nigeria Info FM.
The 2015 edition of the AR-CSR™ is presented in partnership with Enterprise Development Centre, Pan-Atlantic University, Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN), Fate Foundation, Connect Nigeria, Stears.ng, Hawkamah Institute for Corporate Governance Middle East and The Guardian Newspapers. These organisations join the Global Reporting Initiative and Africa Consortium for Sustainability Trainings (ACST).
Africa CEO Round-table & Conference on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (AR-CSR™)
Date: November 19-20, 2015
Venue: Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
To register, visit http://ar-csr.com/
BellaNaija is a media partner for the 5th edition of the Africa CEO Round-table & Conference on Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (AR-CSR)