Music

Johnny Drille, DNA twins and POE join Mavin Records

Mavin Records has signed three new acts – Johnny Drille, DNA Twins (Clinton and Blair Roberts), and rapper POE – into the label.

This was announced by the record label’s boss, Donjazzy via his Instagram page on Tuesday.

Meet and welcome the super talented @johnnydrille to the SUPREME MAVIN DYNASTY. #MavinActivated

A post shared by DONJAZZY ?? (@donjazzy) on

Pls meet and welcome the rapper’s rapper #POE @Ladipoe to the SUPREME MAVIN DYNASTY. #MavinActivated

A post shared by DONJAZZY ?? (@donjazzy) on

Johnny Drille is a folk/alternative singer, songwriter, producer, and sound engineer. He was a contestant in the 2013 edition of MTN Project Fame West Africa. Some of his tracks include “Love don’t cry” and “Wait for me”.

The DNA Twins were participants in the 2013 edition of Glo X Factor. The came out with their first single after the competition – ‘Mash Up Freestyle’, a combination of some top Nigerian songs.

POE is a rapper whose famous tracks include “Adore Her”, “Can’t Forget”, and his remix of Olamide‘s “Who you epp”. He was affiliated to rap duo Show Dem Camp (SDC), and a member of a group of music artistes The Collectiv3.

1. Jaxen

February 28, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Yayyyyyyyyyy so happy for Johnny Drille. The guy is amazing and I am just glad that a lot more people are going to be exposed to his amazing vocals, lyrics and music. His music is good food or the soul. Here’s to hoping that baba J does not commercialize his uniqueness to something unrecognizable. Much success to you JD.

2. TZ

February 28, 2017 at 9:01 pm

SO SO HAPPY FOR DNA TWINS!!!! THEY ARE GONNA BE BIG! #Up2Sumtin!

3. maya

February 28, 2017 at 9:02 pm

LOVE YOU CLINT AND BLAR!!!!!

4. damilolo

February 28, 2017 at 9:03 pm

OMG! From the voice naija!. wow clint and blair are so fine. can’t wait 2 hear good music! MAVIN OSHEYYYYYYYY

5. NaijaPikin

February 28, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Yassssss to Poe. Always said a collab between Poe and M.I will be unquenchable fire. Patiently waiting for it to happen.

• toby

February 28, 2017 at 11:55 pm

They already a song between them. All Fall Down- M.I Ft Poe on IM3

6. B

February 28, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Congratulations to Poe. I had to comment because of him. It has been a long time coming. Perseverance finally paid off. I am super happy for you.

7. funmilola

March 1, 2017 at 9:25 am

inasmuch as I’m happy for Johnny drille, I fear his style of music might change and he start singing crap

8. largerthanlifealice

March 1, 2017 at 9:41 am

Hello beautiful love With you is where I belong Everyday and every night I cannot get you off my mind So Efe call me when you hear this song Would you please call me when you hear this song
    Donjazzy please preserve Johnny drille’s style abeg dont commercialize him….keep him alternative plsss
    love you Johnny

9. busola

March 1, 2017 at 11:02 am

I am here for my #MCE poe. Congrats and this is well deserved. #loveyoulongtime

10. Sherlie Holmes

March 1, 2017 at 6:04 pm

That POE guy is something seriousssss! Excited about this new direction Mavin is taking!

11. James

April 2, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Don J surely knows how to catch them young. Expect these guys to pull the strings in the couple of years to come . the likes of Korede Bello need to sit up and work hard now .

12. Dayveed

May 6, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I heard about this only recently. It wasn’t very exciting at first because I loved @ladipoe with #ShowDemCamp but I believe he made a good direction with this. Finally, he’d drop an LP and going on to massive success with Mavin.
    He has been in the game for a while – known him since 2010’s Clone Wars EP and seven years is a LONG time in Nigerian music industry.
    Wishing Poe, Johnny Drille and the DNA twins intergalactic success.