Events

LDA, Waje, Dakore Akande, Sasha P, Uru Eke – Inside Maybelline’s “Find Your Shade” Event

BellaNaija.com

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image052

Great news for beauty lovers! Maybelline New York Nigeria has launched the Clear Smooth All In One powder.

On Sunday 4th May 2014, Maybelline New York Nigeria hosted an exclusive VIP Find Your Shade event to launch the Clear Smooth All In One powder.

The event was hosted by model and Ebony Life TV’s The Spot co-host – Zainab Balogun which took place at Kudeta Lounge, Mega Plaza, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Zainab Balogun

Zainab Balogun

Guests were treated to champagne, canapés, cocktails, and deserts in the holding area which doubled as the Guess Your Shade station where all 6 shades of the Clear Smooth All In One powder were on display for the guests to guess the most suitable shade for their skin tone.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image001

Folake Folarin Coker

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image013

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image037

Theodora Mogo

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image048

The guests were introduced to the L’Oreal Central West Africa and Maybelline New York Nigeria team consisting of the managing director, L’Oreal Central West Africa, Idy Enang, General Manager, Consumer Products Division, Sekou Coulibaly, Creative Director, Bimpe Onakoya, and the Brand Manager Maybelline New York Nigeria, Bukola Balogun.

Guests in attendance included Nike Oshinowo, Mo’Cheddah, Dakore Akande, Beverly Naya, Omoni Oboli, Osas Ighodaro, Tara Fela Durotoye, Kelechi Amadi Obi, Lanre Da Silva Ajayi, Waje, Folake Folarin Coker, Seyi Shay, Noble Igwe, and many others.

Check out photos from the event below.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image002 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image003 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image008 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image078 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image079 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image060 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image076 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image004 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image005 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image006 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image007 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image009

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image035

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image012

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image015

Lamide Akintobi, Beverly Naya, Bolanle Olukanmi & Zainab Balogun

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image052

Onah Nwachukwu, Lanre Da Silva Ajayi, Funke Babs Kufeji & Bimpe Onakoya

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image053

Sasha P, Kelechi Amadi Obi, Michelle Dede, Isio Wanogho, Bukola Balogun & Ugo Igbokwe

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image010

Beverly Naya, Liz Yemoja, Waje & Emmy Collins

Guests were also introduced to a new method of contouring makeup termed “Cacao-ing”, created by Bimpe Onakoya (the Artistic Director, Maybelline Central West Africa) who picked Sasha P from the audience for a fab demo.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image028Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image062 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image058

Three lucky guests emerged winners of a raffle held during the exclusive event and were rewarded with free makeovers by Bimpe Onakoya.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image022 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image023 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image024 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image025Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image027Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image063 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image064

The guests then mingled and danced the night away and were treated to Maybelline gift bags on their way out.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image045Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image054

Hey Mr & Mrs. Okojevoh!

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image049

Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image073Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image065Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image031Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image046 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image039 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image055 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image038 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image047 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image051Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image069

They’ve found their shade!Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image070 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image075 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image068 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image077 Maybelline Clear Smooth Party - BellaNaija - May - 2014 - image074 ______________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. kim

May 20, 2014 at 10:59 am

Hi BN, is der a maybelline store/office in lagos. pls reply. thanks.

• megan

May 21, 2014 at 4:03 pm

yes the have a flagship store in V.I

2. adelegirl

May 20, 2014 at 11:26 am

This is all very nice and I am a fan of Maybelline products, however I have a major problem with the way Maybelline has been marketing its products here in Abuja. Whilst I don’t mind walking into any random cosmetic store to get Maybelline’s mascara, eye-liner or lip-liner, for foundations or powders where I need to get my exact shade, I’d rather go to a proper retailer where I can test swatches to know my shade with an assistant to help me out.

For instance, where in Abuja can one find a verified Maybelline retailer? Pls don’t tell me to go to Tara’s store like you did in the previous sponsored content for clear smooth. I don’t even know where that is- I have never seen any Tara store in the city centre here. As far as I know, Tara isn’t in any of the major malls in the city centre. A brand like Maybelline should have presence in the major malls here! I don’t want to have to drive to some koro street to go look for Tara’s store in Abuja. Get a store in Silverbird Mall, Grand Towers Mall Apo (where Shoprite is), Ceddi Plaza, 911 Mall Maitama, all those stores and shops opening up along Aminu Kano way and Adetokunkbo Ademola in Wuse 2 and in Maitama- Gana street perhaps. Just be somewhere easily accessible where I can get my make-up whilst doing other things like catching a movie or getting groceries.

At the very least, when you put up sponsored content on sites such as this, include address details for Maybelline retailers in the major cities here!

Hmmph!

• ocmi

May 20, 2014 at 11:49 am

Exactly, I have a very big problem with their marketing. I feel they should have a retail store or at the very least, a stand in some of the major malls.
      They are also not telling us whereto get the products in lagos.
      Maybelline nigeria, pls up your marketing game.

• nini

May 20, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Uh there is a Tara store at banex plaza wuse 2 tho. And try going to designers market place (dmp) sometime and you’d see couple of cosmetic vendors and you can get proper info there. And no I’m not a maybelline rep.

• joy

May 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm

that is why google is ur friend house of tara shop is AT BANEX PLAZA wuse close to FRSC HEADQUATERS.

• B

May 21, 2014 at 9:49 am

Hello Adelegirl, Tara has a store in Ceddi Plaza, Banex VOM and at another location in Wuse 2. You may go to any of these stores. Just saying, House of Tara is not hiding under a rock!

3. Yvonne

May 20, 2014 at 11:44 am

Is that really Beverly Naya… I love maybelline products.

4. moni

May 20, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Where do we buy the products

5. sum1special

May 20, 2014 at 12:21 pm

My body twitches when i see beautiful people and people who are dressed well.

6. Lagos Girl

May 20, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I’m a long-time fan of Maybelline so it bothers me that despite the online publicity and the classy events, majority of my makeup-loving friends and colleagues still aren’t aware that Maybelline is in Nigeria.

Other forms of marketing should be employed as soon as possible. Also, more products should be released into our market. Colossal Kajal, Colossal Mascara and Clear Smooth Powder simply aren’t enough. Now with all the competition.

And Dear Maybelline, please when you partner with a major retail outlet or open a store, make sure your store assistants are polite, well trained and knowledgeable about your products; otherwise, you’ll gain the nasty reputation MAC has acquired thanks to the rude, unfriendly and impatient staff at their Ikeja City Mall store.

7. Ona

May 20, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Couldn’t recognize Beverly Naya. She looks much shorter than i thought.

8. Anonymous

May 20, 2014 at 1:06 pm

There isn’t but u can get all their products at house of tara stores.

9. Anonymous

May 20, 2014 at 2:18 pm

@Lagos girl….Thanks for your comment. I thought I was the only person that noticed the attitude of those girls at MAC store in Ikeja… Very rude and unfriendly team.. apart from a fair lady..the rest…pssf

• Nuna

May 21, 2014 at 7:09 am

hahahaha the ones in The Palms mall are THE worst!!!!! And the NEVER have studio fix fluid in NC 50. Lol. I have never experienced any rudeness at the Ikeja mall sef.

• rm

May 21, 2014 at 8:08 am

very very rude…the other day i went to their store to buy powder,after one of the reps applied what she thought was my shade,i ended up looking like a ghost,i kindly told her that this wasn’t my shade and she goes “madam oya go and pick what you want” and walked away ,like seriously????? smdh

• Kili

May 21, 2014 at 10:34 am

They are the definition of rude my dear with their overly done faces with wrong shades of foundation.

10. chi chi

May 20, 2014 at 3:53 pm

To add to what the other people have said, Maybelline has the worst product distribution ever. The products are nowhere to be seen, even in this Lagos.
    Given the distribution rights solely to Tara is not a good move at all in my opinion, especially since the brand is a drugstore/mass market brand and not a niche one.
    The Kajal is THE BEST eyeliner I’ve ever used and i preach it to all my contacts, but i have been able to purchase it only during their special events and activation, not in any of my makeup retailers like Kuddy Cosmetics or Poise.
    My entire life is on the mainland, and i am not about to go traipsing around for a Tara store on the Island just to buy Maybelline Colossal Kajal.
    Needless to say, i won’t even bother trying this new powder line, until i know that i can buy the product whenever and wherever i want to.
    Otherwise, Great Job Maybelline!

jewelzmag.com

11. Swiss

May 20, 2014 at 4:50 pm

So tired of that face/pose Temi dollface ALWAYS makes. pffft!!

12. pd

May 20, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Cool….
    Send me an email if u re interested in buying Mary Kay products in bulk.Thanks!

13. Concerned_Boyfriend

May 20, 2014 at 6:21 pm

@Swiss…Abeg free my girl!

14. Dlapikin

May 20, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Omoni looks great with her natural hair!

15. declectic

May 21, 2014 at 12:52 am

@Chichi, there’s a Tara store at No 22a, Omotayo Ojo, Allen avenue. I wonder if the criteria for working as a sales person in Ikeja is rudeness. The girls at blackup are just as silly and rude. After finding my shade, then finding out they didn’t have it in their own store, she suggested I buy the lighter one. Then proceeded to tell she won’t call any of their other branches to find out if it was there. Or is it Cakes and Cream Open that gave me a spoilt ice cream cake for my birthday? *sigh*

• NIBU

May 21, 2014 at 4:44 pm

WOW! Spoilt ice cream cake? On your birthday?! Wonders shall never end! Hope they replaced it sha?

16. declectic

May 21, 2014 at 12:53 am

Sorry I meant Cakes and Cream Opebi. Autocorrect! Smdh!

17. pussyslayer

May 21, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Beautiful faces.

18. missy

May 21, 2014 at 8:53 pm

D girl @ black up store in Ikeja city mall are very, very rude. Even the cosmetics shop opposite poise the girl there are rude too. Dnt kw why they act d way they do.

19. BA

May 22, 2014 at 12:12 am

It’s the ‘we are now the hottest’ in town thing. Salons used to be like that too back in the days- downtown and co… except Makeme IMO. Maybe when the MUA trend fades, they will behave.

20. BA

May 22, 2014 at 12:14 am

Just look at these beautiful women. The lady on the right has really beautiful skin. http://static.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Maybelline-Clear-Smooth-Party-BellaNaija-May-2014-image054.jpg

21. iba

May 22, 2014 at 2:12 am

Hello beautiful pictures. Dakore my love are you trying to grow your dreadlocks again?
    About the rude girls at ikeja i hope someone who knows someone is reading and something can be done about it.
    by the way omoni you look great and zainab as usual you rock…

22. Chi

May 22, 2014 at 11:58 am

You think the girls at the MAC stores are rude? For an overdose of the rudeness tonic,try the sales girls at Casabella at Ikota Shopping Centre after VGC. The shop carries different brands- MAC, IMAN etc. Any attempt to question them about what shade you can possibly use (in any of the products) earns you short nasty replies. They are extremely saucy and impatient. They try to force you to buy shades and products that you feel will not go with your skin tone. Doing anything otherwise results in snappy responses.

I have decided that they think their job there is to paint their faces with different sorts of foundation and powder and come up looking like masquerades. Surely, there must be a criteria for employing people to sell make up products!! Can the management of Casabella please do something about this!!

23. mama

May 22, 2014 at 12:22 pm

wow for once sasha looks well put together….

24. Aderonke says #Bring BackOurGirls

May 22, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Hmmm…with all these info about poor customer service with make-up brands, I hope our consumer brands protection or service will do something about it.
    Nothing gets me crazy than a poor customer service brand. It’s so annoying and makes me feel like “uptop my money sum1 con dey nasty? wat can fa? I will finsih dat person” *angry face*
    Brands need to step up their games, whether it’s an outlet or a distributor they need to know that customers make their BRANDS!!!!!!!! through IMAGE, PERCEPTION and LOYALTY!
    When the feed backs are negative, demands will diminish and before they know it a lower brand but with better customer-centric orientation will win over!
    Let’s keep talking about poor customer service till they do something about it! kini gbogbo rubbish yen mennnnn!

25. Miss Ndi

May 22, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I just read the comments and a lot of people seem to be complaining about the services of the sales girls(or boys) in most makeup stores. Sadly the truth is that this is trend of poor/extremely horrible customer service is in every sector of service. What these servicing rendering individuals fail to realize is that the minute they step out of their zones(offices) they become customers as well, and will demand/want to be treated as king, the same applies to all of us. I tell people that even if (for whatever reason) you feel that the customer in question does not deserve to be treated rightly, do it because you’re a professional, and much more importantly because if you were that individual you will demand excellent treatment. I have worked as a c/serv officer in d telecomms and banking sector and i can tell you it is not an easy task, but because I (always) demand excellent c/serv when I step out of my zone, I always ensure I give same quality and even better when I have to.

The sales girls who are so rude, do so because the shop is not theirs, so as far as they are concerned whether or not you buy, at the end of the month, they will get paid(same goes for all other industries), meanwhile if they get sacked for their nasty behaviors, they will begin to blame the government n say there are no jobs. Much more importantly sef is the fact that they cannot afford to buy(with their hard demand money) the products they sell, at least them for fear God small, say person wey fit buy am don come.

It is only when people begin to take their job functions (regardless of what it is) seriously/passionately, that they will make delivering excellent c/serv priority, because in the end, industries/individuals/businesses in the same sectors offer basically the same good/product/service, the distinguishing factor will always be c/serv delivery aka how comfortable you make the customer feel when in your zone.

26. ziariz

May 23, 2014 at 11:09 am

i think the behaviour of the sales pple in these different make up brand shops are a result of bad management, i.e their bosses do NOT take the time to train them on customer management and how it drives revenue. If the Tara’s and co. actually enforced good customer service on these girls, they would NEVER behave like this. It’s so sad cos this trend is everywhere..rude assistants..infact when i experienced good customer service somewhere in Lagos, i was so tickled i tipped the lady generously and told her how sweet she was.
    i just wish entrepreneurs would realize how this is destroying their business.

27. Blue

June 25, 2014 at 5:09 pm

@ Miss Ndi, what if I take it to another level by telling you that it’s an African sickness? I mean, bad customer service. After having experienced all the above comment at Mac and Blackup in Lagos,specifically, I visited a fab cosmetic store in Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire and experience almost the same thing, it got to the level that I stopped the French conversion midway and told the girl in Yoruba ” ooo Le ko, won ko e! Oga ta oga o ta, owo alaaru yin a kuku pe”….was I pissed?

28. Blue

June 25, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Let me just hit the nail on the head, the fab store’s name is Timite & sons @ Deux Plateaux Vallon, Abidjan. Gbam!

29. Aysheer

May 16, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Hi every1, am an upcoming makeup artist and fashion designer, I want to know where I can I get genuine mac and blackup products in Abuja. I also want to know about good products and your advice. Thanks