This intense story of friendship and the path to self discovery is something to look forward to. With a sterling cast of seasoned actresses and top quality production, this movie is one to watch out for. We haven’t seen actress and former OAP Ashionye Michelle Raccah on the screen since she left MNET’s Tinsel and this is such a delightful welcome. This flick also stars the delectable Dakore Akande who is back to acting after the birth of her baby.

This movie tells the story of five childhood friends Nse (played by Nse Ikpe-Etim), Alex (played by Dakore Akande), Regina (played by Ashionye Michelle Raccah), Rume (played by Katherine Obiang) and Uche (played by Tosin Sido) Uche, the unifying force of the group, dies and requests that all her friends come to Abuja for her funeral. She speaks to them from the grave through letters to each of them and as old wounds are opened up, the weekend is an emotional roller coaster as each woman finds her character being tested. It is indeed a journey to self discovery.

The four ladies, on arriving at Uche’s house, find that she has left a series of letters in which she speaks to them from beyond the grave. The letters provoke her friends to open up on emotional baggage, as secrets and fears are revealed, leading to a journey of self discovery. For Regina, Nse, Rume and Alex the weekend they spend in Uche’s house becomes an emotional roller coaster as individual characters are tested.

This movie has cameo appearances by Chris AttohCarol King, Femi Jacobs, Kalu Ikeagwu and Femi Brainard.
Journey To Self was written and produced by Ashionye Michelle Raccah. Tosin Sido was the executive producer and the director was Tope Oshin-Ogun.

Watch the teaser from the movie.

36 Comments on 5 Friends, 1 Death, 4 Paths to Self Discovery! Watch Ashionye Michelle Raccah, Dakore Akande, Katherine Obiang, Nse Ikpe-Etim feature in new movie “Journey To Self”
  • fiola November 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm

The plot sounds very similar to the movie “First Wives club”

• Partyrider November 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Great cast! Looks like its going to be a very good movie.
    Well done to everyone involved..

• Sabirah November 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oooooh I can’t wait to see this! looks great already! and yaay Dakore is back!

• tito November 1, 2012 at 1:04 pm

naija can copy sha! smh#…….. from pretty little liars.

• leggy November 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm

you obviously have never watched pll if you think it has the same plot.

• Joan November 1, 2012 at 2:55 pm

haha! Did she just say PLL? You sure have NEVER watched PLL then.

• choclate November 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I want to watch cuz of DAKORE AKANDE!!! OMG, long time girlllllllll! one of my fave actresses in nollywood

• funke November 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Katherine Obiang? hmmm…

• kem November 1, 2012 at 1:41 pm

i need to watch this, waaooooooo DAKORE, NSE, would be great to watch

• florence November 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm

hmmmmmmm, tot it wz katherine Edoho?

• cathy November 1, 2012 at 1:50 pm

can’t wait

• BeeT November 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Katherine Obiang, as in Katherine Edoho? So she acts. Hmmm.

• nich November 1, 2012 at 2:39 pm

nse is now leading in block buster cinema movies alongside genevieve and omoyola……while mercy johnson and tonto is leading on the low budget movies………

• adelegirl November 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Looks like it would be quite good. I’m particularly keen to see Katherine Obiang (formerly Katherine Edoho). She was a good presenter on NTA so it should be interesting to see how that translates to acting. I’m also pleased that she seems to be doing well after her messy divorce palaver. Stay strong Katherine! I’m so proud of Tope Oshin-Ogun. She’s become such a good director – from directing tinsel, to this. I remember when she used to act. She’s come such a long way… And I’m such a fan of Nse. I think she can do no wrong so can’t wait to see the movie. God bless all you ladies!

• Teris November 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Yawn. As usual, over-acting. Un-necessary “phone”. I hope the deceased addresses that and encourages her buddies to be more natural. i honestly don’t think i cud last in a conversation longer than 5 minutes with anyone who with so much affectation.

Meanwhile, @BN: “It is indeed a journey to self discovery”. Really? Did someone from the crew attend a private screening and come to that conclusion? I love the way the BN-crew is determined to stay positive about made-in-naija-by-naija, but when you’re not sure about the quality of a thing isn’t it more honest to simply be neutral and objective?

• Purpleicious Babe November 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I beg to differ……

What is over-acting or pls clarify it?

I think the scene shown is much more dramatic and intense.

if you are familiar with Nigeria and its people you will know that some of us are over dramatic and exaggerate and it comes through most attitudes and I dont see the reason why it shouldnt come through the videos?

Back to the BN, @least they are positive… its better than be horrible and miserable.

so BN keep bigging up Niaja.

• destineddupsy November 1, 2012 at 4:55 pm

WONDERFUL STRONG AFRICAN WOMEN KEEP IT UP,YOU ALL ARE DOING GREAT.

• Dammylee November 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Interesting. First didnt even know dakore was in the movie, forgot she is married. good to see Nse.

• shuga November 1, 2012 at 5:55 pm

whether they copied or not, they tried sha

• MsTilii November 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Smart producer to have the sense to choose ELOQUENT AND ARTICULATE cast (unlike most producers do) coupled with beauty. Takes me back to Ego Boyo and her excellent choice of cast for the classic movie and my favourite of all time “KEEPING FAITH”. Half of the job is done. I can predict its a sure winner, i will not be wasting my precious time to watch and review it later. I will help push its promo. Story line seems interesting..

Women doing big thangs in the industry. Very impressed.

MsTilii

• MsTilii November 1, 2012 at 6:07 pm

rephrase ” At least i know with this great cast, I will not be wasting my precious time WHEN I watch and review it later – seems interesting. I will help push its promo. Story line seems interesting

• huh? November 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Who still watch Naija movie?? Except may be for the like of comedy film….next

• praise November 2, 2012 at 5:21 am

You can’t be normal

• Purpleicious Babe November 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I do…….

including yoruba movies…

and in case you didnt know NOLLYWOOD has a large fan base nationally and internationally… even in CHINA, niaja movies are sold… so pple still watch NIAJA MOVIES…..

• konnie November 1, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Looks interesting

• flex November 2, 2012 at 8:03 am

Really nice prospect. All class acts and can’t wait to see what Katherine brings. Guys don’t hate, try n relate this ain’t no Pretty Little Liars ish

• onenaijababe November 2, 2012 at 10:58 am

I first saw the preview on CNN this summer when i was in Nigeria. I was so mad after i seen it because i didn’t get to see the name of the movie before they started the little documentary. It was captivating and i quietly prayed that Bella would somehow talk about it and here we go. Looks like another interesting award winning Nollywood movie. Cannot wait to watch it. Cant wait till it comes up on iRoko Tv. Gush, hopefully i am not old by then :s. That is my only source of Naija movies. Sucks sometimes to be far away from home :(

• Iwari November 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Who sand that song, somebody anybody, PLEASE i absolutely LOVE it…cant stop replaying the trailer just so i can hear the song…

• Alleykat Media November 2, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Iwari, the song was performed by Harrysong and will feature on the original soundtrack album for Journey to self. For more info check out the website http://www.journeytoselfmovie.com, ff us on twitter @journeytoselfng and like our facebook page facebook.com/journeytoselfmovie.
    The movie premieres on 21st November and you could win a special invite to attend.

• Sunshine November 2, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I’m so glad to see Dakore, luv her and of course Nse, she looks so much like my sister….luv her too!!! I think I’ll wait to see this movie. I just adore a dialogue driven movie with actors who actually can speak understandable english…..

• Nono November 4, 2012 at 3:30 am

Looks interesting! looking forward.. @Niche yes Nse is talented but please not in same category with Omotola, Genevieve or Rita.. Infact it’s even an insult to put her there with these women. Besides, whether low budget or big budget movies, Mercy and Tonto dey try well well too!

• damsel November 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm

@Nono Why you dey beef Nse now?

• Ms November 12, 2012 at 9:58 pm

This plot is similar to “Dysfunctional friends” a made-in-America movie. Am not seeing the originality giving the plot. It’s the thought that counts right?’

• Chydee November 19, 2012 at 8:56 am

@Ms ,I thought I was the only one who saw the the similarities between this plot and “Dysfunctional Friends”which is a Black American Movie….